Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,554 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526322 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by viktoh12: 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
Please i have a problem too i made a mistake in the total amount you have for this trip i wrote 2000.26gbp instead of 2000gbp even though my account will show that i have more than that amount am worried about what to do. i already paid the visa fees and my appointment is coming up soon. please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
viktoh12:
Please i have a problem too i made a mistake in the total amount you have for this trip i wrote 2000.26gbp instead of 2000gbp even though my account will show that i have more than that amount am worried about what to do. i already paid the visa fees and my appointment is coming up soon. please advice.

You shouldn't be bothered about this. Explain the situation in your cover letter to the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yorubago(f): 2:58am On Jan 31, 2016
HELP: Preparing For An Interview At The UK Embassy by Yorubago(f): 2:54am
Okay, I need to know what I need to go along before I book an appointment!

Lemme give you a background, I'm applying for a below 6 months Tourist Visa, although I'm staying for just one week as I was invited for a programme in the UK for that period.

Meanwhile, my contact person in the organization said she's preparing to send out all our Visa letters
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Geehan(f): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2016
Hello Mr Just wise, may God bless you abundantly, here goes my question.

I am currently in the Uk on a tier 4 visa and it expires June. I did my registry here last Dec and I am Over 6 months pregnant my husband has an indefinite stay to remain in the Uk. Here goes my question, I once breached my visa terms by working over 20 hours but I already stopped. How soon can I apply for a spousal visa and What are my chances of getting it. Also I will be birthing My baby here as the due date comes before my visa expiress
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justo123: 7:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hello good people,@justwise,worry-worry,abnot,frontpage....gbogbo-ile

Pls,just a quick one, is thrift or weekly "ajo" of 5k by a voluntary association (unincorporated) trading association of about 24members an income?.....becos each member usually take turn in collecting the money.

My turn was paid into my account (450,000) seven months ago and it state thrift& ajo from my association by the depositor....and Definetly it will make my account balance look 9times my disposal income

I have a healthy account of 150k income every month.

My question is how do I fill this in my application section of INCOME & EXPEDITURE.(do you have savings e.g from stock and shares)

Is it other source friend & family or savings and investment .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
Yorubago:
HELP: Preparing For An Interview At The UK Embassy by Yorubago(f): 2:54am
Okay, I need to know what I need to go along before I book an appointment!

Lemme give you a background, I'm applying for a below 6 months Tourist Visa, although I'm staying for just one week as I was invited for a programme in the UK for that period.

Meanwhile, my contact person in the organization said she's preparing to send out all our Visa letters

Have you applied for the visa and given interview date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Geehan:
Hello Mr Just wise, may God bless you abundantly, here goes my question.

I am currently in the Uk on a tier 4 visa and it expires June. I did my registry here last Dec and I am Over 6 months pregnant my husband has an indefinite stay to remain in the Uk. Here goes my question, I once breached my visa terms by working over 20 hours but I already stopped. How soon can I apply for a spousal visa and What are my chances of getting it. Also I will be birthing My baby here as the due date comes before my visa expiress

You don't have much to worry about but wait until after the birth of your baby because it will strengthen your case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
justo123:

Pls,just a quick one, is thrift or weekly "ajo" of 5k by a voluntary association (unincorporated) trading association of about 24members an income?.....becos each member usually take turn in collecting the money.

My turn was paid into my account (450,000) seven months ago and it state thrift& ajo from my association by the depositor....and Definetly it will make my account balance look 9times my disposal income

My question is how do I fill this in my application section of INCOME & EXPEDITURE.(do you have savings e.g from stock and shares)

Technically no, your income is your salary in this case and that is what will be considered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 11:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Please does UKBA return original documents ? Last time I applied via VFS some of my documents were returned to me while some were not returned to me. However am submitting the original copy of my offer letter and bank statement and would like to know how to go about getting these documents back after my application is processed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:22am On Feb 01, 2016
abnot:
Please does UKBA return original documents ? Last time I applied via VFS some of my documents were returned to me while some were not returned to me. However am submitting the original copy of my offer letter and bank statement and would like to know how to go about getting these documents back after my application is processed

not always, that is why they state, for the documents you want back to supply copies with the originals smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hi All,

Please I want to apply for visit visa for my mum and I need to clarify something

Please where does the supporting go to?
Will she be asked to submit in it Lagos along with her passport? or Do i have to send them to sheffield?

Thanks guys!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by busola78: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
hello.

please am asking on behalf of someone where to drop her visa application,is it at teleperformance(ikeja,v.i) or vfs

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelpoint: 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
I found it difficult to pay visa application fees online. Keep getting unsuccessfull message each time I try
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by viktoh12: 3:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
pls in this question HAVE YOU EVER TRAVELLED OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, EXCLUDING THE UK, IN THE LAST 10 YEARS? i currently have been schooling in another country for 4 years. will i put that i travelled out of my home country to this present country in the visa form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
justo123:

You can describe it as in investment. SO, it would be okay to fill it in as other income from investments then you explain the details in the other notes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
Will like to clarify the bank statement requirements for UKBA tourist visa applicants. The customer care officer at GTBAnk told me they only stamp/sign on the first page and last page of the bank statement. I was of the opinion that all the pages of the bank statement will be stamped/signed. Any idea on how it's done?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Geehan(f): 7:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

You don't have much to worry about but wait until after the birth of your baby because it will strengthen your case

Thanks so much for your response, I can now sleep with my two eyes closed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
abnot:
Will like to clarify the bank statement requirements for UKBA tourist visa applicants. The customer care officer at GTBAnk told me they only stamp/sign on the first page and last page of the bank statement. I was of the opinion that all the pages of the bank statement will be stamped/signed. Any idea on how it's done?

It's normal.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
viktoh12:
pls in this question HAVE YOU EVER TRAVELLED OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, EXCLUDING THE UK, IN THE LAST 10 YEARS? i currently have been schooling in another country for 4 years. will i put that i travelled out of my home country to this present country in the visa form.

Have you traveled out of Nigeria in the last 10yrs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
Geehan:

Thanks so much for your response, I can now sleep with my two eyes closed.

No worries, all the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by viktoh12: 11:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
yes i have. am still out of nigeria for the past 3 years
justwise:

Have you traveled out of Nigeria in the last 10yrs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:25am On Feb 02, 2016
viktoh12:
yes i have. am still out of nigeria for the past 3 years

That is the answer to that question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 9:24am On Feb 02, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

It's normal.

Good luck
@FrontPageLawyer Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yorubago(f): 9:24am On Feb 02, 2016
justwise:

Have you applied for the visa and given interview date?

Yes I have but I think I'll reapply as my friend told me that irrespective of the prestige of the organization sending me the invite, I must have millions in my account even though I'm not spending a dime except on air fares

SO, I'm planning to find an official sponsor for the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 10:49am On Feb 02, 2016
At the POE in the US you are stamped in for 6 months unlike in the UK where you just get stamped in

Whats the maximum months allowed at a time in the UK on a two years Visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2016
iblaw:
At the POE in the US you are stamped in for 6 months unlike in the UK where you just get stamped in

Whats the maximum months allowed at a time in the UK on a two years Visit visa?
it's printed on ur visa page, think is 180days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 11:53am On Feb 02, 2016
Please that have applied for visit visa in the last months Biko where did you send your supporting documents to?
Did you send it to Sheffield or you submitted it with your passport @ Teleperformance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
Ok so hubby has got a decision made email today for his spouse visa

Im not sure if this makes any difference but on Facebook one person asked me..." Did you get a VAF reference in the email subject line" intrigued i checked and indeed yes I do have a reference number starting VAF123456 (6 numbers but not these) and the guy said, this number was the same on his visa when he got the passport and said he has asked those with a refusal and the decision made email did not contain a VAF reference in the email subject line.

I thought that maybe it was just the application ref but this starts with GWF which is also in the message of the email

Can anyone check their emails, this could give us an indication before we receive the passports back thank you smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
Yorubago:

Yes I have but I think I'll reapply as my friend told me that irrespective of the prestige of the organization sending me the invite, I must have millions in my account even though I'm not spending a dime except on air fares

SO, I'm planning to find an official sponsor for the trip

Your friend is talking nonsense, is your company not sponsoring you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Ok so hubby has got a decision made email today for his spouse visa

Im not sure if this makes any difference but on Facebook one person asked me..." Did you get a VAF reference in the email subject line" intrigued i checked and indeed yes I do have a reference number starting VAF123456 (6 numbers but not these) and the guy said, this number was the same on his visa when he got the passport and said he has asked those with a refusal and the decision made email did not contain a VAF reference in the email subject line.

I thought that maybe it was just the application ref but this starts with GWF which is also in the message of the email

Can anyone check their emails, this could give us an indication before we receive the passports back thank you smiley

That is not always the case, that number is your unique application Ref number whether given or denied the corespondent will contain that number. That has been argued here before and it turns out to be false.

I have seen many refusal letter with that number and have also seen successful ones containing that Ref number

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
*Place of issue (I renew at abk)
*Issuing authority
*Pls enter d details of wat permission you av to stay in this country(in my counttry)
* do u av a dependent children? (im travelin alone, wat shoukd I put here? Yes or no)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.