Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525199 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2018
Ezechinwa:

22nd may, ikeja

Bro whatsup na? u don collect your package??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
customised87:

Yes, you fill all the names since you are all dependant on him. Put documents that also establish your cousin's relationship with him such as pics. Your cousin should include her statement of account too.

Thanks for your response. My dad is sponsoring my cousin, does she need to provide a bank statement? She’s putting the payslip to prove she’s earning. She doesn’t have money saved in her account. Also should I put my cousin under my dads dependents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
oluwaseun8:

Please in naira?

You have to do the math yourself. Your payment is in $ but you can pay with your nairacard. Final exchange is with your bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
alert20:

just got a pickup mail and sms respectively... I also checked on tls website ready for collection ticked...

Baba I am hoping for the best ooo... I go update u as e dey go Bro... thanks

My mums application hasn't even clicked the Decision button yet, and she made her application on 22nd of May.

We called UKVI and they confirmed that a decision has been made.

I think TSL needs to do better in their services.

I wish you all the best too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by doncorleone(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
Please who can help with this?

doncorleone:
Gurus in the house please I need your help.

I applied for a 2 year visa application for my mom, and appointment was on 10 April. Till now decision hasn't been made on the application. We sent a mail to UK VI and they confirmed in May and they confirmed the application has gotten to them and they haven't made a decision yet. She had travel to the US in 2014 and UK 2016 - both were short stay visas.

My question is: why the delay? Has anyone experienced this before? What can I do to get a decision made soon? Who do I contact?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TashaStPatrik: 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
customised87:

Why are they both sponsoring? This may hinder success. Why not let either of them (preferably your husband) be the sponsor?
1) 0
2) 0
3) 0
4) put the flight ticket amount
5) 0

My dad wants take care of half of the trip cos it’s his first grandchild..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
alert20:

finally just got a collection email today,, So I will get my passport tomorrow and book my flight for Friday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
PrechyJoe:

My mums application hasn't even clicked the Decision button yet, and she made her application on 22nd of May.

Mine is ready for collection
16 working days in total
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
Ezechinwa:

16 working days in total

When did they send the mail to you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2018
doncorleone:
Please who can help with this?

"This depends on the category of visa application, but UK Visas and Immigration aims to return 90% of non-settlement visa applications within 15 working days. UK Visas and Immigration cannot guarantee the outcome or the length of time an application takes to process; neither can it guarantee the return of passport and documents within a certain timeframe. This is due to the fact that visa applications are assessed individually and individual circumstances can mean processing times may vary and result in longer decision times. Therefore you are requested to wait until a decision on the application is taken since VFS Global does not have any control over the processing times. The processing time for a settlement application is 95% within 12 weeks."

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
bigbus:

As long as you don't need to carry both, you should be fine. Other gurus can say whether it can have any implication in the future (eg. submitting both passports for another visa application for other countries; if NIS officer at airport can 'complain' that your visa is dated before the old 'un-cancelled' passport expired; etc.)

You can still cancel. At any NIS Passport office. (Previous times I did, it always took less than 5 minutes: only need to identify where the office is, and the officer simply stamps a couple of pages and its done.)

alright boss I appreciate God bless you!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
alert20:

just got a pickup mail and sms respectively... I also checked on tls website ready for collection ticked...

Baba I am hoping for the best ooo... I go update u as e dey go Bro... thanks

Wishing u the best bro... please update me when u pick ur passport of the outcome.. keeping my fingers crossed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TashaStPatrik: 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
TashaStPatrik:
Hello gurus.. Please I am filling an application for myself and my 10months baby. I am a full housewife ( well for now) and hubby and my dad will be sponsoring the trip. Please how do I put that down in the form? Secondly, I don’t know how to answer these questions for my baby’s application:
1) How much do you spend each month on living cost?

2) How much of your total income is given to dependent?

3) what is the cost to you personally for your trip?

4) the total amount you have for this trip

5) the cost of ur accommodation and living expenses..
please I need help filling these parts. Thank you in advance

please can i get another opinion on this before i go ahead please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by doncorleone(m): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
Thanks very much. It's a 2 year family visit visa.

folmus:

"This depends on the category of visa application, but UK Visas and Immigration aims to return 90% of non-settlement visa applications within 15 working days. UK Visas and Immigration cannot guarantee the outcome or the length of time an application takes to process; neither can it guarantee the return of passport and documents within a certain timeframe. This is due to the fact that visa applications are assessed individually and individual circumstances can mean processing times may vary and result in longer decision times. Therefore you are requested to wait until a decision on the application is taken since VFS Global does not have any control over the processing times. The processing time for a settlement application is 95% within 12 weeks."
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello, please what's UKVI number?

PrechyJoe:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
PrechyJoe:

When did they send the mail to you?

I was asleep my sister, it came in 3:33 pm today I woke up at 5 pm, else I would have bought my flight for today, when i see the confirmation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cdbaba: 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2018
Ezechinwa:

Please how many working days did it take?
Was it standard or priority visa?
What type of visa did you apply for?
26 working days
Standard
6 months visitor visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BlueBoy16: 10:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
BlueBoy16:
So I’ve not had time to post my decision outcome here so here goes, I got denied in March for a short term study visa and this is the reason they gave. (View photo below)
However I want to apply again in July, so I have a few questions; @Justwise and all my experienced folks here

1. My Fiancé is a British citizen and we have it in mind to apply for a fiancé visa, however we are thinking of just applying for a visitors visa this time around, with my fiancé’s documents and my fiancé as the sponsor.
2. I have a family business that I work as an administrator, i am listed As the next of kin but I plan to include my name as signatory to the business accounts and include a power of attorney in my name for the establishments. Doing this as a result of the concern of my economic ties to Nigeria as a reason for my refusal in March
3. With my fiancé as a sponsor for the entire trip, travel expenses and accommodation, and my ties with Nigeria, should we go ahead and apply for a normal visitors visa or do we still apply for a fiancé visa (checked the requirements and we both have ample documents for that also)
Please guys I really need your advise, I intend to apply again in July. Thanks

Please guys any help with this?? @ekpotek @justwise @vicjustice please I need an advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 12:11am On Jun 14, 2018
churockng:

Wishing u the best bro... please update me when u pick ur passport of the outcome.. keeping my fingers crossed

sure I will, feeling positive though, b'cos oluwa is fully involved.... iyanumasele!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 12:13am On Jun 14, 2018
Ezechinwa:

I was asleep my sister, it came in 3:33 pm today I woke up at 5 pm, else I would have bought my flight for today, when i see the confirmation

Bro I dey gbadun your ginger walahi.... it's well..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ronnygold(f): 6:49am On Jun 14, 2018
Thank you so much for your precious time.
Will 3 months bank statements do? Thanks.

monchat:

I will advice u not to state it like this in your cover letter. ECO wants regular payment *I'm supposed to receive payment of 23k as expense monthly but it's not pay on regular basis*. U can use the 23k as other money that y clients pays into your account for the 2nd job. Well, every explanation balls down on the contract letter given to u. If it state other expenses, u will av to state it but try to modify it in away that the 23k is usually pay every 3months. Try to collect the payslips for 6months and verify if all is accurate. Bc if there are different payments and deduction in the payslip every month, u will need to explain.
This is all I can contribute. I am not seeing your documents to verify, so I av given u the little I know. All d best.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 7:15am On Jun 14, 2018
[quote author=Ronnygold post=68464628]Thank you so much for your precious time.

You will need to present a 6 months bank statement which is the required months of transaction
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 7:25am On Jun 14, 2018
Good Morning my people, Longest time... Justwise, ekpo, and others weldone. A quick one please, My brother applied for uk visa in April 2017 but was denied, Then was working with a company here in Lagos, He resigned from the company in July 2017 and started his own Car business in August 2017... company duly registed, companys account , receipt of purchases from US car sellers, bill of landing issued on his name and companys name, No tax payment yet cos the coy is less than one year, Article of memorandom and Companys receipts. However , He is planning to apply for a tourist Uk visa in August but the problem he has presently is that he doesnt know how much to declare as MONTHLY INCOME becos basically he lives on PROCEEDS from each vehicle sold... He sometimes transfers some money from the coy account to savings account as Proceeds from car sales. Can he also use his companys account for the visa application? .. Your candid advise would be appreciated . thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2018
Ronnygold:
Thank you so much for your precious time.

No. It is 6months bank statement that is their requirement for all the bank account statement u will submit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by juleze(f): 11:54am On Jun 14, 2018
Ezechinwa:

16 working days in total

I also applied on the 22nd of May at Ikeja centre, and I'm yet to see the 'decision made' tick. I applied for 6 months visa although it's been 4 years I traveled last. Wondering why the delay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2018
juleze:

I also applied on the 22nd of May at Ikeja centre, and I'm yet to see the 'decision made' tick. I applied for 6 months visa although it's been 4 years I traveled last. Wondering why the delay.

Same with my sister and Mum, I don't understand the delay.

We already called UKVI and they said a decision has been made.

Which center did you do yours?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
Wow guys,
My visa was approved and I leaving tomorrow morning,
Time duration was 16 days..
Overall Rating of TLS contact : 3/10 (cause I almost had a heart attack lol)
Category : Visit
Standard Visa

To be honest , the statement of account I submitted had only 80k as closing balance, but I was never worried as I ensure honestly in my applicantion .

Good luck guys hope this information would help someone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ezechinwa:
Wow guys,
Standard Visa

To be honest , the statement of account I submitted had only 80k as closing balance, but I was never worried as I ensure honestly in my applicantion .

Congratulations... is this ur first time applying for UK visa and have u been previously issued a UK visa before this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
churockng:

Congratulations... is this ur first time applying for UK visa and have u been previously issued a UK visa before this?
alert20:

First time bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ezechinwa:

First time bro

Ooh dats good.. Am happy for u. Am still waiting to come pick up mine.. it's been over 22 working days now.
How about ur travel history have u gone to other countries before now? Just trying to find comfort with ur visa approval while waiting for mine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ezechinwa:
Wow guys,
Standard Visa

Awwwwn
You had so much faith in your application and the positive attitude you displayed! I tap into your positivity.

May God guide us all.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
churockng:

Ooh dats good.. Am happy for u. Am still waiting to come pick up mine.. it's been over 22 working days now.
How about ur travel history have u gone to other countries before now? Just trying to find comfort with ur visa approval while waiting for mine

I have never left the shores of Nigeria ...lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.