Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524779 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:14am On Feb 06, 2016
kay1one2:
trying to pay for a ticket; air france. saw something like maximum stay; 3 months. what does that mean? if for example i initially book for a return ticket of 1 month duration and need to stay back for say longer than 3month will the ticket still be valid. although in ''terms and conditions'ticket validity is 1 year. minimum stay; nil minimum stay.

No, you have to buy another ticket or extend your return ticket before it expires
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2016
abnot:

I put Fed Govt of Nigeria in mine .

But I work in Nestle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2016
pinky2016:

Issuing authority isn't Nigerian Immigration Services.
Issuing authority is written on your passport.
e.g Ikoyi Lagos.
Check your passport. You'd see it.
Cheers

How about place of Issue?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 10:46am On Feb 06, 2016
justwise:

No, you have to buy another ticket or extend your return ticket before it expires

just got off the phone now with travel start. the customer service agent was like it is valid for 3months. After that i have to pay some extra fees she doesnt know the amount to be able to make a modification. boss justwise abeg how do i extend a return ticket?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
Good days front page lawyer, justwise and all the other gurus in the building ...

I have just a question for now, but before I ask this question I'd like to give a brief history about my case ..

Studied in Uk 2010 to 2014 ( 1st degree and masters)
2012 got married to an EU national Czech )
2012 to 2014 submitted applications for EEA was refused, appeal was decline for reasons boiling to unsatisfactory relationship status and other stuffs )
2014 - April 2015 file for device as relationship crashed. Devore was granted April 2015.
My study visa expired 2013 after my undergraduate and I was suppose to renew my visa for my masters degree but instead I was busy chasing this EU visa.

Anyway I met my current partner Feb 2014 during my masters studies.. I told her about my previous marriage and current immigration status as an overstayer and she didn't care ..
We decided to return back together to Nigeria to get married last August ..
My wife is a British national, she is 8 months pregnant, a teacher, annual salary of £38,000, has a property also.

After our wedding in Nigeria she went back to work, Made the application October 26th and I went for biometric November 9th.

She was called for an interview somewhere in London. 21st Jan. 2015,
I received a mail that decision has been made 2nd Feb. 2015..

Last night my wife called me on phone to say she has been refunded the health surcharge she paid during the application.

My question is does this not mean that the application has been refused ?
She's really upset as she's is due for delivery next month ...

Please advice me.. Thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
wallg123:
Good days front page lawyer, justwise and all the other gurus in the building ...

I have just a question for now, but before I ask this question I'd like to give a brief history about my case ..

2012 to 2014 submitted applications for EEA was refused, appeal was decline for reasons boiling to unsatisfactory relationship status and other stuffs )
2014 - April 2015 file for device as relationship crashed. Devore was granted April 2015.
My study visa expired 2013 after my undergraduate and I was suppose to renew my visa for my masters degree but instead I was busy chasing this EU visa.

Anyway I met my current partner Feb 2014 during my masters studies.. I told her about my previous marriage and current immigration status as an overstayer and she didn't care ..
My wife is a British national, she is 8 months pregnant, a teacher, annual salary of £38,000, has a property also.

After our wedding in Nigeria she went back to work, Made the application October 26th and I went for biometric November 9th.

Last night my wife called me on phone to say she has been refunded the health surcharge she paid during the application.

Please advice me.. Thx

That is exactly what it means. Your application was refused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
kay1one2:

just got off the phone now with travel start. the customer service agent was like it is valid for 3months. After that i have to pay some extra fees she doesnt know the amount to be able to make a modification. boss justwise abeg how do i extend a return ticket?

You need to call the airline before your ticket expires and request for extension and they will tell you how it will cost you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 12:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ok thanks ... Can I upload the decision on here whenever I receive it ?.
Cuz then u'd be well equipped to advice me .. Thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 12:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

You need to call the airline before your ticket expires and request for extension and they will tell you how it will cost you

Thanks boss!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
Simplesoul05:

But I work in Nestle

Issuing authority is different from your employer name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
abnot:

Issuing authority is different from your employer name

Thank you boss. But I still don't get what to fill in "Type of work undertaken" as I work in a private company(nestle) and not for federal gov.

I understand issuing authority but I dont understand "place of issue" these 2 questions is what's delaying me from submitting. Please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
Are you in sales
Simplesoul05:

Thank you boss. But I still don't get what to fill in "Type of work undertaken" as I work in a private company(nestle) and not for federal gov.

I understand issuing authority but I dont understand "place of issue" these 2 questions is what's delaying me from submitting. Please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 1:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
Aibisoye0:
Are you in sales

No.... prod. tech
And thats what I filled in job description/title
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
Simplesoul05:

Place of issue refers to the city where the passport was issued . For instance my passport was issued by at the Nigerian high commission in London so my place of issue is "London UK" . For most people who got their passport from the Lagos immigration office their place of issue will be "Ikoyo Lagos".
On the other hand type of work undertaken refers more like to the type of work you do such as accounting , product designer , human resource management , etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Simplesoul05:

How about place of Issue?

Place of issue is the city your passport was issued.
If you got it in Lagos then Lagos is it.

For JOB DESCRIPTION / TITLE / RANK: fill in your position in your place of work
TYPE OF WORK UNDERTAKEN: fill in what you do in your department at work

Cheers

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nwank85(f): 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

A landlord tenancy agreement should be sufficient for proof of accommodation.

Though your employment ties is not substantial enough to convince any ECO, but since your husband is sponsoring the trip with N400k, you'll have to make your budget very prudent and give it a try.

If you're a visa officer and I tell you I work with SHELL Petroleum without any proof such as employment letter, what will be your decision?

You just started working with this company which is a red flag and you have no document to show your job is subsisting and will definitely bring you back to Nigeria after your visit i:e employment letter, salary account, payslip (showing monthly tax deduction), leave letter.

Your Msc has nothing to do with your application, a few visa officers lay emphasis on these three important tools. "Family ties, employment ties, financial ties and strengths.

Thank you so much sir. I am just concern if i was asked why I just started work that is why I was considering adding my masters documents. Pls, I need more contribution. @ justwise, Vicjustice and the other gurus, abeg I need your candid advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 12:38am On Feb 07, 2016
nwank85:
Thanks for your unending contribution. I must commend you all, you are doing a great job here. Please I need answers to these questions

My husband is on scholarship with all expense and upkeep paid. he stays in a duplex that is occupied by 4 persons(mostly students like him) in the house including the landlady. He is inviting me but then the last occupant of the room he took, registered the phone line in his name, and the other utility bills are registered in the name of the land lady

1. How can we proof that he is one of the occupants of the house?

Then, I just finished my masters (will convocate in April) and just resumed work in January(in a school) with not too much account balance though my husband intend to sponsor me with 400k from his salary account here in Nigeria for a-2wk school vacation. My husband is a lecturer in one of the Federal University in Nigeria and has signed bond with the university and the scholarship board to return immediately after his studies in September.

2. Is this financial obligation and my tie (job and convocation) to my country solid enough to convince the consular officer?

Then where I work, my employer does'nt give confirmation letters to staff, when u are in then u are in.

3. Is it still neccesary to support my documents with the letter?

4. Do I need to submit my results and confirmation for my just concluded masters study just to justify my recent employment status?

Please, I need you all to analyse my questions. Thanks in anticipation.
FrontPageLawyer has done justice to your question, the only point that i like to add is to question number 1 regarding proof of residence.
Tenancy agreement alone is not enough evidence that your husband resides in the said property: he needs a supporting utility bill to prove this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yorubago(f): 8:29am On Feb 07, 2016
justwise:

Have you applied for the visa and given interview date?

not applied yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yorubago(f): 8:31am On Feb 07, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Your friend is talking nonsense, is your company not sponsoring you?

Not at all,I am sponsoring the trip myself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2016
Good day, house.
I got my IELTS scores a few weeks ago and found out that there are no available slots for the PLAB 1 exam in Nigeria. The next time is 10 months away in November. I don't want to wait that long, so I booked for the exam in June in the UK, and got a confirmation email. I had to do that before the new fee charge(over a hundred pounds more than what I paid) came into effect.
I am now planning to apply for a visa for the exam, and I am particularly bothered about the minimum balance I should have in my account. The need for the visa is rather sudden and unplanned (as I never knew I was going to miss the March date and I don't want to wait till November). I have managed to get money into my account (I have been moving money in and out of it) for the purpose of the visa.
My questions are:
1. Will my chances be jeopardized by these apparent transfer of money within a short period of time (I intend to apply in March) ?
2. I plan to stay with my cousin during my one week stay (he is also a medical doctor working in the UK). What documents do I need to prove that? Do I need proof that he is my cousin?

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 11:12am On Feb 07, 2016
RetroBoy:
Good day, house.
I got my IELTS scores a few weeks ago and found out that there are no available slots for the PLAB 1 exam in Nigeria. The next time is 10 months away in November. I don't want to wait that long, so I booked for the exam in June in the UK, and got a confirmation email. I had to do that before the new fee charge(over a hundred pounds more than what I paid) came into effect.
I am now planning to apply for a visa for the exam, and I am particularly bothered about the minimum balance I should have in my account. The need for the visa is rather sudden and unplanned (as I never knew I was going to miss the March date and I don't want to wait till November). I have managed to get money into my account (I have been moving money in and out of it) for the purpose of the visa.
My questions are:
1. Will my chances be jeopardized by these apparent transfer of money within a short period of time (I intend to apply in March) ?
2. I plan to stay with my cousin during my one week stay (he is also a medical doctor working in the UK). What documents do I need to prove that? Do I need proof that he is my cousin?

Am not an ECO and can only guess based on my observations. In December I applied for a schengen visa (France) with 273k account balance and was granted. Although there was an average monthly credit of 667k into the account which I was spending anyhow thus resulting in the low balance. Thus I feel like they focused more on the credits rather than the balance.
On the other hand I've had an average monthly credit of 650k into my account since August but I spend the money anyhow and thus usually don't have more than 200k balance till like November when I decided to cool down with the spending and save a bit for my UK visa application . By end of January I had about 900k balance and submitted my application . Yet to get the application back and will let this house know how the application goes . Although I've been to the UK more than 10 times between 2010 and now nevertheless they say each application is treated on its own merit so waiting to see the outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
abnot:

Am not an ECO and can only guess based on my observations. In December I applied for a schengen visa (France) with 273k account balance and was granted. Although there was an average monthly credit of 667k into the account which I was spending anyhow thus resulting in the low balance. Thus I feel like they focused more on the credits rather than the balance.
On the other hand I've had an average monthly credit of 650k into my account since August but I spend the money anyhow and thus usually don't have more than 200k balance till like November when I decided to cool down with the spending and save a bit for my UK visa application . By end of January I had about 900k balance and submitted my application . Yet to get the application back and will let this house know how the application goes . Although I've been to the UK more than 10 times between 2010 and now nevertheless they say each application is treated on its own merit so waiting to see the outcome
you didn't really answer my questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 12:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
Cant thank you guys enough. I am done with my application but I need to confirm this before submitting.

How much spent monthly on living cost (in GBP £)
Total monthly of income given to family (in GBP £)
Total cost personally of trip (in GBP £)

The rest questions were not indicated to be in GBP £

My question is should I ans them in naira or in GBP as they did nt put the option of what it should be like the other 3 questions above.

The other questions are
Total amount I have for this trip
Cost of aeroplane
Cost of accommodation
Cost of living expenses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
wallg123:

Please advice me.. Thx

Im sorry to hear of this, My husband has also got decision made on 2nd February now awaiting his passport, no refund of this IHS, they are supposed to be delaying the refund seems not, i think it is a cruel way to find out sad

See what they say the reason for refusal was and address them, if you can afford to re apply because appeal at the moment are back logged and a lady i know just been told appeals are now taking 12-18 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Yorubago:

Not at all,I am sponsoring the trip myself

Why is your company not sponsoring you? Why do you want to sponsor yourself while working for a company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
RetroBoy:
Good day, house.
My questions are:

1. Read just few pages back for post who got their visas for PLAB 1 exam.

2. You need his tenancy agreements, data page of his passport, salary account/payslips and letter of invitation stating that you will be staying with his throughout your exam period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
Simplesoul05:
Cant thank you guys enough. I am done with my application but I need to confirm this before submitting.

How much spent monthly on living cost (in GBP £)
Total monthly of income given to family (in GBP £)
Total cost personally of trip (in GBP £)

The rest questions were not indicated to be in GBP £

My question is should I ans them in naira or in GBP as they did nt put the option of what it should be like the other 3 questions above.

The other questions are
Total amount I have for this trip
Cost of aeroplane
Cost of accommodation
Cost of living expenses

Use www.oanda.com to convert the Naira for the bolded to GBP and answer the others in Naira.

Keep your expenses as low as possible depending on how much your earn sha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nwank85(f): 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
Vicjustice:

FrontPageLawyer has done justice to your question, the only point that i like to add is to question number 1 regarding proof of residence.
Tenancy agreement alone is not enough evidence that your husband resides in the said property: he needs a supporting utility bill to prove this.
Thanks for your prompt response. we will see to that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 1:20am On Feb 08, 2016
justwise:

1. Read just few pages back for post who got their visas for PLAB 1 exam.

2. You need his tenancy agreements, data page of his passport, salary account/payslips and letter of invitation stating that you will be staying with his throughout your exam period.
Thanks.
I work for the Ondo State Government, and payment of salaries have been irregular(owed 3 months now) , with the result that my present balance cannot possibly fund the trip.
I have gotten some money now for the trip which I have lodged into my account. ..I must say booking for the exam in the UK is something I didn't really envisage, as the March slots in Nigeria were filled up.
Anyway, my questions are:
1. Will the lump transfer of money raise a red flag?
2. My cousin is helping me out with some of the money. Do I need to mention and/or get proof of that?
3. Do I need yo explain why my account hasn't had enough money (the whole 'oewd salaries' thing)?
Thanks again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 7:08am On Feb 08, 2016
RetroBoy:

Thanks.
I work for the Ondo State Government, and payment of salaries have been irregular(owed 3 months now) , with the result that my present balance cannot possibly fund the trip.
I have gotten some money now for the trip which I have lodged into my account. ..I must say booking for the exam in the UK is something I didn't really envisage, as the March slots in Nigeria were filled up.
2. My cousin is helping me out with some of the money. Do I need to mention and/or get proof of that?
3. Do I need yo explain why my account hasn't had enough money (the whole 'oewd salaries' thing)?
Thanks again

1. If you have money lodgements in your account don't bother applying. I know someone who got bounced for that while applying for plab 2 not to talk of even plab 1.
If you have a full sponsor for the trip it might be a better option since your trip is for business / academic not leisure.
You can try explaining the money was from your cousin who is sponsoring the trip but the transfer might need to show his name to convince the clearance officer. He might need to also say so in his invitation letter.
Any money transfer that is huge that you cannot explain will raise a red flag. Certainly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:13am On Feb 08, 2016
RetroBoy:

Thanks.
Thanks again

Your application will be refused if you lodge funds in your account prior to your visa application. It is also very important to know that a visa cannot be granted if a visa office is not satisfied with your employment, financial circumstances and earnings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:56am On Feb 08, 2016
RetroBoy:

Thanks.
Thanks again

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.