Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532261 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:56am On Mar 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Always, always on point! Greeting Sis.... Where's Chloe7? Been long I saw her trace around!
Greetings ooooo! The economy is not encouraging anyao postng again grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:59am On Mar 30, 2017
constance234:
Mama G, yeah you are right.. the answer was not just about working or feminism. He asked his wife not to work and now he is travelling alone without her and the kids. He clearly showed that he is the sole decision maker and for what its worth, the wife can not convince him to return home even if he decides to stay back.He was evaluated in a few minutes by the Vo and found wanting, i have learnt something being married and living here, when it comes to family matters its WE and not I. Haba they will even want Dangote to stay back and pump some money into uncle Sam's purse lol.
Word!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nosamj: 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
In my opinion, its not the 'wife not working ' thing' or 'feminism' that is the ish. We hve had transcripts from stay at home wives and they even got visas for birthing purposes. We need to understand that the application process is not just the interview; sometimes its just a formality.
1. The poster @nosamj in my opinion has not told the whole story. I feel he is one and the same person that misrepresented about being married with twins and was adviced by a ne'erdo well here to keep up with the lies.
2. The whole application/ties is taken as a whole. If dangote for example tells his wife not to work, will he be denied a visa? If on the other hand, a regular joe that earns 120k a month says they are surviving on his salary alone and on top of that wants to take vacay to the US, a refusal of visa is very reasonable.

The truth is that there is not sufficent info in that transcript to speculate. The poster should be honest to himself, evaluate his application (s) and get his house in order.
........yeah mama g ..the vo ask me that how many kids do I have and I said 2....and she ask again that are they twin and I said yes but the truth is that my kids are not twin but am under pressure during my interview..I forgot everything that I have read I lost confidence I mess up big time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Amamicable: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
Good evening everyone. Pls I intend visiting the US this summer for holiday, and I don't even know how to go about it. Secondly, I was told US embassy has reduced/almost stopped giving out visas to Nigerians, pls how true is it? Has anyone been given visa recently?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Latmari: 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
Good evening everyone
My hubby and I went for our interview today at the Lagos embassy on a b1/b2 visa
Here is our transcript
We good morning
Vo morning/ pass me your passport
We we have him the passport
Vo what's your relationship
We . We are married
Vo how long have you been married
We. We got married last year dec a day before xmas
Vo. Why are you traveling
Me. We are going for my sisters baby dedication and we also want to meet her family and spend our vacation
Vo looks at my hubby what's your job and your duties
Him I'm a prison officer, and he explained his duties. My hubby actually in his uniform ooo
Vo looks at me and you
Me I'm a banker I work with so so bank
Vo. How long are planning on staying
We. 9days
Vo. Do you have kids
Him. Yes, we have a son but we had him when we are in college I.e university
V.o that means he his still very little
Him. Yes
Vo. I'm sorry blah blah, but you need to build your strong ties, strong ties takes time to be built

Abeg which ties are to build
Can you pls explain

And more also I had already tried the application alone last year September to visit my sister I was single then..
But this is my hubbys first time.
And meanwhile our passports don't bear the same surnames because I just did my own last year august and my hubby did his own July
We decided to use it like that since the passport is new and older than our marriage.... and stress of doing another one again...

Pls gurus in the house what could be the cause of this denial
And when can we apply again
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 7:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
Latmari:
Good evening everyone
My hubby and I went for our interview today at the Lagos embassy on a b1/b2 visa
Here is our transcript
We good morning
We . We are married
Me. We are going for my sisters baby dedication and we also want to meet her family and spend our vacation
Him I'm a prison officer, and he explained his duties. My hubby actually in his uniform ooo
Vo looks at me and you
We. 9days
Vo. Do you have kids
Him. Yes
Vo. I'm sorry blah blah, but you need to build your strong ties, strong ties takes time to be built

Can you pls explain

And more also I had already tried the application alone last year September to visit my sister I was single then..
And meanwhile our passports don't bear the same surnames because I just did my own last year august and my hubby did his own July
We decided to use it like that since the passport is new and older than our marriage.... and stress of doing another one again...

Thanks

See eh, next time, apply alone, let your wife sit back, but try to change your surname base on marriage as soon as possible, thats just an opinion. Looks like the application is complicated to the consular officer and thereby feel you guys are running away or one of you is trying to help the other to run away as per the different surnames and leaving your one and only child behind. However, i could be wrong.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
MY THOUGHTS:
1. Answer only what you are asked (Vo. Do you have kids = Yes, we do.)
2. Perhaps reapply when your marriage is at least 1 - 2 years old and your son is not "still very little"
3. I suspect your prior application may have had an impact on the current interview, maybe information filled.

All the best in the future!

Latmari:
Good evening everyone
Here is our transcript
We good morning
We . We are married
Vo looks at me and you
We. 9days
Vo. Do you have kids
Him. Yes

Can you pls explain

Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by anota11(f): 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello house am happy to b here thanks and pls I want to ask how much do u thing family can take for bta to USA For visiting two weeks pls Father,mother and two children
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
Latmari:
Good evening everyone
Here is our transcript
We good morning

Ties will increase after you guys must have travelled to other countries together, possibly have more kids, promotions at work, increase in salary, properties etc
in other news;The idea of wearing uniform to visa interview still baffles me. Not like it matters in this regard, i just think its an overkill and he was still asked what he does for work even with the uniform, it is a visa interview not an internal promotion interview. Even our Oga of customs does not want to wear his uniform to see the senators lol.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
Latmari:
Good evening everyone
Here is our transcript

Vo. Do you have kids

Him. Yes

Can you pls explain

Thanks

Well, well! Does this baby/"still very little" man really exist or was "created" for tie purpose? How does the bolded fit into the narrative of your last year application? Vex not!

The VOs are operating on another frequency these days! I sometimes wonder the info, experiences, street wisdom and knowledge they glean/garner from this nairaland sha despite all these our conviction that "we are learning". I believe they have gained a lot in the midst of their helping us here, really....

#PolicyInputThings

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Well, well! Does this baby/"still very little" man really exist or was "created" for tie purpose? How does the bolded fit into the narrative of your last year application? Vex not!

The VOs are operating on another frequency these days! I sometimes wonder the info, experiences, street wisdom and knowledge they glean/garner from this nairaland sha despite all these our conviction that "we are learning". I believe they have gained a lot in the midst of their helping us here, really....

#PolicyInputThings
I concur bro, thats the idea. They are taking back alot of knowledge from here and updating their interview skills.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by anota11(f): 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello house am happy to b here thanks and pls I want to ask how much do u thing family can take for bta to USA For visiting two weeks pls Father,mother and two children travel
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by anota11(f): 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hi
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Amamicable:
Good evening everyone. Pls I intend visiting the US this summer for holiday, and I don't even know how to go about it. Secondly, I was told US embassy has reduced/almost stopped giving out visas to Nigerians, pls how true is it? Has anyone been given visa recently?
Do your research and go through this thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
anota11:
Hello house am happy to b here thanks and pls I want to ask how much do u thing family can take for bta to USA For visiting two weeks pls Father,mother and two children travel
at least $2500 apart from hotel bill.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:59am On Mar 31, 2017
constance234:

I concur bro, thats the idea. They are taking back alot of knowledge from here and updating their interview skills.
Exactly!
See this guy that posted. ' Please where did I go wrong?' People come dey waste time answer am. He didn't bother mentioning he does not have twins. No one knows the extent of his misrepresentation. Even me not a VO, without background check tools could smell a fish ofozikwa the vo.Nigerians, thinking they be smart. Next 3 months, he'll go and reapply and assume the new application conquereth all sins , create a new moniker and still say ' guys please where did I go wrong? ' And the vos reading will laugh, and laugh and laugh. And users will waste mb answering him
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 4:20am On Mar 31, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Exactly!
See this guy that posted. ' Please where did I go wrong?' People come dey waste time answer am. He didn't bother mentioning he does not have twins. No one knows the extent of his misrepresentation. Even me now a VO, without background check tools could smell a fish ofozikwa the vo.Nigerians, thinking they be smart. Next 3 months, he'll go and reapply and assume the new application conquereth all sins , create a new moniker and still say ' guys please where did I go wrong? ' And the vos reading will laugh, and laugh and laugh. And users will waste mb answering him
Yes o, you did smell the fish. Well if anyone holds back some fact and provides half truth, and people make suggestions. He or she will only increase the already enriched coffers of the USA embassy because 99.9% of the time, the Vo will spot out the misrepresentation. People be forking out over 50k 3-4 times a year to apply for visa all in the name of "Let me try i might be lucky".
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:44am On Mar 31, 2017
cc: @ constance234 @ LadyGuinivere ... this proves your point(s).

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:53am On Mar 31, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

But they have never pretended over this at all na cheesy! The extra deciphering is up to us.... I know policy inputs, advice, and statements are most likely emanating from their activities here in their climes sha. It's a give and take thing! But I like it, at least to sanitize the system while at the same time getting our people educated and sensitized (testimonies abound here), it's only the deceitful that will be bitter about this. Win win for all - us, Nigeria, the US consulate here in naija, and the US government!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nosamj: 10:57am On Mar 31, 2017
constance234:

Yes o, you did smell the fish. Well if anyone holds back some fact and provides half truth, and people make suggestions. He or she will only increase the already enriched coffers of the USA embassy because 99.9% of the time, the Vo will spot out the misrepresentation. People be forking out over 50k 3-4 times a year to apply for visa all in the name of "Let me try i might be lucky".
...pls I just need your advise so that I will know what to do next time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iphiechuks: 10:59am On Mar 31, 2017
Good day pple,

A friend of mine applied for B1/B2 visa with the husband in 2015 thru an agent and was granted.
They travelled same year, she stayed for 3 weeks cos of her work and hubby stayed for 5 month.
Hubby travelled again alone and overstayed.
Hubby returned and applied for student visa alone but both hubby and wife where invited for interview and also interviewed separately.
The VO asked the wife if she knows why the hubby overstayed and she said that he is an adult that have his own mind.
Hubby refuse to tell the wife what he was asked at the interview.
Her hubby visa was revoked and he was banned for 5years

Now the confusion:
The wife wants to renew her expired visa alone and she is scared if her hubby's issue will affect her renewal.
She does not know all the information on the form cos she was not be person that filled the form like mother's and father's date of birth.

Please house, what do u advise she should do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2017
nosamj:

You know you will keep messing the advise up, right? Sorry, what did you say informed your change of moniker again? Best advise though, see other places, give US a break, your time will come in the future, if you have not entirely shattered your credibility knowingly or unknowingly oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2017
iphiechuks:
Good day pple,

A friend of mine applied for B1/B2 visa with the husband in 2015 thru an agent and was granted.
They travelled same year, she stayed for 3 weeks cos of her work and hubby stayed for 5 month.
Hubby returned and applied for student visa alone but both hubby and wife where invited for interview and also interviewed separately.
The VO asked the wife if she knows why the hubby overstayed and she said that he is an adult that have his own mind.

Now the confusion:
The wife wants to renew her expired visa alone and she is scared if her hubby's issue will affect her renewal.
She does not know all the information on the form cos she was not be person that filled the form like mother's and father's date of birth.

Expatiate and justify @the bolded first ma/sir!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2017
nosamj:
at worry am new here so don't judge me if u want to give me the right answer to my question just let me know

You have been here a long while, and yet this? Right? Okay oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2017
nosamj:
I have been waiting for your post nd waiting to tell you this
' You are not a serz fellow and at the rate you are going, you won't get a visa for the next 10 years' (lemme sound like worry today grin)
The only solution to a lie is the truth. The bible says so. The truth shall set u free. Receive brain and be set free!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:22am On Mar 31, 2017
1. You don't know your parents date of birth, an agent filled that for you. ERROR!.
2. Your husband overstayed and was banned for 5 years. WHY?
3. Your response to why your husband overstayed was "he is an adult that have his own mind"...WHAT A RESPONSE FOR A MARRIED COUPLE!
4. DO NOT APPEAR AT THE US EMBASSY TILL YOUR HUSBAND HAS SERVED HIS 5 YEAR BAN.
5. SIT YOUR HUSBAND DOWN, AND ASK HIM WHY HE WAS STAYING FOR 5 MONTHS, WHY HE WAS OVERSTAYING HIS VISA, WHY IS HE APPLYING FOR A STUDENT VISA AND WHAT HE WAS ASKED IN HIS INTERVIEW.
6 But if you have 54,400 naira to spare, go ahead and reapply, let us know how it worked out.

iphiechuks:
Good day pple,

Now the confusion:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:28am On Mar 31, 2017
Build your ties to your home country.
- Work
- Marriage
- Kids
- Financial
- Travel history to countries that have the same level of scrutiny as the US.
- Let your wife start working too cheesy

nosamj:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 11:47am On Mar 31, 2017
iphiechuks:
Good day pple,

Now the confusion:

Why is there plenty issue with this marriage na?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
@iphiechuks
Therrein lies the danger of using agents. Ist she knowingly mispresented her parents date of birth and God knows what else. 2nd, I'm almost certain she didn't indicate she used an agent. Both aren't good. That's a burden to overcome.
Next, as You already guessed, yes a family member's misbehaviour can affect the spouse's visa outcome. It will be hard to convince a reasonable man that a man stayed more than 6 months in america without a wife's consent. Legally speaking, she was aware of the crime and didn't divulge. (I don't know whether spousal privelege applies here but its the US embassy so they don't give a crap). Now add this burden to the misreresentation burden... Do the math .m.
What can she do? Nothing more than trying to convince the vo she had no part of her husband's overstaying. Any correspondence between them showing her dispproval of his actions could help. Proof of travel to otherr countries and not overstaying may help.
Prayer and grace will definitely go a long way.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iphiechuks: 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@iphiechuks
Therrein lies the danger of using agents. Ist she knowingly mispresented her parents date of birth and God knows what else. 2nd, I'm almost certain she didn't indicate she used an agent. Both aren't good. That's a burden to overcome.
Next, as You already guessed, yes a family member's misbehaviour can affect the spouse's visa outcome. It will be hard to convince a reasonable man that a man stayed more than 6 months in america without a wife's consent. Legally speaking, she was aware of the crime and didn't divulge. (I don't know whether spousal privelege applies here but its the US embassy so they don't give a crap). Now add this burden to the misreresentation burden... Do the math .m.
What can she do? Nothing more than trying to convince the vo she had no part of her husband's overstaying. Any correspondence between them showing her dispproval of his actions could help. Proof of travel to otherr countries and not overstaying may help.
Prayer and grace will definitely go a long way.
Thank you so much and Kudos to everybody that have contributed to this.

I will give her all the points to ponder on and decide on the steps to take to see how she can remedy the situation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
iphiechuks:
Good day pple,

The ills of using an agent can not be over emphasized. They serve no purpose all they do is cause confusion, distort facts and provide a purpoted water tight application which 95% of the time falls like a pack of cards. If not at the initial stage, but it will surely come.
No one here can tell your friend what her husband was asked if he wont tell her.
No one here can get her the date of birth and other details used by the agent in the first application.
No one here can help you get hold of the agent.
The key here is your husband, he should tell you the questions he was asked at the interview, and possibly help locating the agent. I doubt the agent even remember what he filled.
Best of luck to her and i would suggest she should not bother reapply until she can sort this things out first.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Spot on bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.