Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

"Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" (71072 Views)

Is My Wife Cheating On Me?? / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pidggin:

You may not be a gentleman for now, but I think you are a work in progress. No sane person will support women whoring, but it should go both ways. Hope you can keep up the effort, cheers.

I just don't like cheap sluts that's all and again I'm deeply sorry for the disparaging remarks, I really am

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
xynerise:
Many traditions have not been fair to the women. The men are free to cheat but the women can't because they are robots abi? Such tradition was created by a selfish man.

On the contrary, I heard that a tradition in Edo state is doing the opposite. A woman cheats and the husband dies grin
that's if the man know and refused to tell the elders or spends money on her while she's sick
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
xynerise:

Tradition like this can lead to temptation. If there is no law, there will be no sin. A woman whose husband beats her always doesn't need to bother herself. A way to eliminate the man smoothly is already in her hand grin
it's not as easy as you think ooooo. The God's have a way of protecting them, if you are doing it on purpose to hirt the man, then the woman will suffer the consequences
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
ALISMILE:
Are u frm Edo state? If u re find out about wat I said!
you must be from uromi because that's the only place in Edo state I think it has been changed
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
SStoneCCold:

I'm not doubting you, I just want some more information regarding the tribe in Edo state where the tradition has been reversed and how long ago the reversal took place.
it has been reversed for sometime now... precisely in uromi ....the op is saying the truth
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fortunate017:
That is if the husband knows and didn't talk or take the matter to his kinsmen so as for them to do what need to be done to the woman. Before it was the first son abi child that would die. Don't know how it was reversed.
now it's even the wife in some parts.... because they now believe that he who diggeth a pit shall fall into it.... no one should suffer the sin of anymore
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:
I don't have problems with such traditions. What I can't possibly understand is why people believe such traditions/beliefs.

A woman will only die when she accepts to partake in their fetish acts in the name of traditional wedding. Washing your feet, head & hair; eating cola nut, drinking palm wine and all the likes in the name of marriage is enough to kill a couple, cheating or not.

A man and a woman whose wedding is based on the Law as proposed by the Nigerian constitution or Church bye Laws have nothing to worry about if caught in the web of adultery. The Court would honourably dissolve the marriage when the man and the woman are tired.

I personally will not accept such fetish nonsense from my In-laws. Rule No.1, I will not partake in any "family" practise, I will not accept to buy any strange property, animal or partake in any ritual.

Cheating doesn't kill; but an evil covenant (or ritual) does...
in my place, even if the bride price is not paid, if you have a male child for the man n commits adultery, she must die if didn't confess on time
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 8:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
predatorX:
na Edo State be dis. Very useless tradition

Na so when my cuzzin wan marry, They Groom pipo say she must go shrine go swear. Trust where i from come na, Isiala Ngwa cool cool cool olof us put leg for ground say if to swear na by force, Both Bride and Groom must swear the tin. Na for dia the EDO pipo reverse course.

my friend wey be girl dey suffer the thing now. Her hubby is a confirm slut and she no fit do anytin becoz she don swear.

what is good for the goose is good for the gander
and do you think your cousin will dear commit adultery and go scout free with it? Mbanu
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by ALISMILE(m): 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
pet4ril:
you must be from uromi because that's the only place in Edo state I think it has been changed
no! Am frm Auchi!
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
ALISMILE:
no! Am frm Auchi!
Kk, I don't know much about them
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Acidosis(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2015
pet4ril:
in my place, even if the bride price is not paid, if you have a male child for the man n commits adultery, she must die if didn't confess on time

That's not true.

You people need to come out of these false traditions/beliefs. Lots of women from your place are based in the cities committing adultery on a daily basis. Some of them don't even know the road to the hometown. Does your tradition recognize condoms? kissing? BBM/Whatsapp flirting? lol

Traditions have a way of instilling fear in people.

4 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Acidosis(m): 7:36am On Oct 15, 2015
You will only die when you go to the shrine to swear because of marriage.

I personally would scrap traditional wedding for my daughters. Its a useless practice for the hypocrites.

You go to the shrine on Friday and on Saturday you dress like a saint to the Church. What hypocrisy!

Some traditional practices do not engage in fetish/ritual acts though.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Acidosis(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2015
People should also learn to research about the traditions of their spouses. Don't just spend your days falling in love and gifting, except of course you don't care about fetish practices.

I care about my spiritual life more than anything/anyone. More reason I won't marry certain tribes.

A particular tribe/family in Nigeria would even ask the father of the groom to pull his shirt on stage and walk backward to his seat grin

I trust my father, he would just pick his things immediately and jet back to his house grin grin Wedding would be canceled immediately

Wedding doesn't mean we should be f00lish.

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 9:15am On Oct 15, 2015
Acidosis:

That's not true.

You people need to come out of these false traditions/beliefs. Lots of women from your place are based in the cities committing adultery on a daily basis. Some of them don't even know the road to the hometown. Does your tradition recognize condoms? kissing? BBM/Whatsapp flirting? lol

Traditions have a way of instilling fear in people.

hmmmmmm it's only applied to women that married from my place. ..the ones you're referring to probably married from another place but not to our men..... na wa for you oooo condoms, kissing, BBM/watsapp? how come?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Acidosis(m): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2015
pet4ril:
hmmmmmm it's only applied to women that married from my place. ..the ones you're referring to probably married from another place but not to our men..... na wa for you oooo condoms, kissing, BBM/watsapp? how come?
Lol I'm just trying to know how the gods/tradition defined adultery. If a woman from your place commits adultery using condoms, would she die?

Will she also die if the gods find out she cheats through BBM s e x chats & phone s e x?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 9:25am On Oct 15, 2015
Acidosis:

Lol I'm just trying to know how the gods/tradition defined adultery. If a woman from your place commits adultery using condoms, would she die?

Will she also die if the gods find out she cheats through BBM s e x chats & phone s e x?
all the local governments have their own ooooo there is one that if your ex gives you a handshake /money and you refuse to tell your husband, you will also have some challenges /difficulties
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Acidosis(m): 9:30am On Oct 15, 2015
pet4ril:
all the local governments have their own ooooo there is one that if your ex gives you a handshake /money and you refuse to tell your husband, you will also have some challenges /difficulties
ah! Nawao

Hope nothing will happen to me/you for quoting each other online? Hope the gods won't deal with me on social media grin

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by pet4ril(f): 9:43am On Oct 15, 2015
Acidosis:

ah! Nawao

Hope nothing will happen to me/you for quoting each other online? Hope the gods won't deal with me on social media grin
Hahahahaha u go fear fear nau tongue
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Acidosis(m): 9:45am On Oct 15, 2015
pet4ril:
Hahahahaha u go fear fear nau tongue
Yes oo cool
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Bobbybube(m): 12:20am On Jun 20, 2016
Tallesty1:
A married woman was caught in the act here on Friday. It happened right in her husbands house so neighbours were there to witness what happened. I was there too to witness the taboo cause her husband was just shouting that whoever was around should come and witness a taboo.

Sha, that is not why I am writing this post.

What actually necessitated this post was a convo I had with a man on my way back.

Man: It is stuffs like this that makes me appreciate where I come from.

Me: Huh

Man: I appreciate my village the more anytime I hear or witness something like this because married women don't cheat on their husband in my place.

Me: How is that possible?

Man: They Know what would happen to them if they dare cheat on their husband.

Me: What will happen to them.

Man: If a married woman sleeps with another man, or collects money from another man, or spends her husband's money on another man without telling her husband, she will run mad.

Me: And if a man sleeps with another woman?

Man: Nothing, except the woman has a husband.

What he's saying in essence is that a married woman who sleeps with a man that is not her husband or collects money from a man who is not her relation or spends money on another man without informing her husband will lose her sanity. The madness is curable but she must confess her sins to regain her sanity.

So Nairalanders, what do you think of this people's tradition?

BTW, the man is from one village at obollo.
Actually that's my village.
My dad told me this a long time ago. it's true and it works.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Niaky: 6:27pm On May 29, 2017
What will happen to a woman who's not from edo dt cheats on her husband which is from edo state?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Niaky: 6:27pm On May 29, 2017
What will happen to a woman who's not from edo dt cheats on her husband whos is from edo state?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by browniex: 11:29am On May 30, 2017
I but some women are damnin tradition and fucking about and nothing is happening, if the tradition was potent I but they will be a lot of mad women going around in that v8llage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boy Draws Mum On Her Period After She Changed Her Pad In Front Of Him / What Secret Is My Husband Hiding? / Mother Drops A Funny Comment On Son's Facebook Pic: Make The Lips No Touch You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.