Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

"Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" (71105 Views)

Is My Wife Cheating On Me?? / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 12, 2015
[quote author=Pidggin post=38895894][/quote]

I know that.. My mom isn't like most black female degenerates anyways... cant say the same for my sister, but that's another story for another day.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by AreaFada2: 12:56am On Oct 12, 2015
xynerise:
Many traditions have not been fair to the women. The men are free to cheat but the women can't because they are robots abi? Such tradition was created by a selfish man.

On the contrary, I heard that a tradition in Edo state is doing the opposite. A woman cheats and the husband dies grin

Well, true. It can also kill her like during labour. It can kill her kids too. It's a general taboo that can affect any immediate family member.
It's partcularly dangerous to the man if he knows or hears rumours but refuses to tell the ancestral family nd perform atonement/cleasing rites.

Why Mynd and co here look at it from 21st century and Western perspective, it wasn't so in most cultures worldwide.

Lots of men died prematurely those days: war, hard life and so on. Men needed to marry many wives to ensure social cohesion. Rich men who could cater for many women particularly needed to marry many wives. Even now, many educated young ladies still marry already married men if he's rich enough.

One such cheating lady just recently confessed. Her hubby living abroad, visits every 3 to 4 months fell ill. Was in hospital abroad for almost a year. European docs couldn't diagnose the illness. Was at point of death. She confessed and atonement made. He's fine now.

I'm not superstitious and I seek clinical reasons for illness routinely. But I too have to give up on this.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by AreaFada2: 12:58am On Oct 12, 2015
xynerise:
Many traditions have not been fair to the women. The men are free to cheat but the women can't because they are robots abi? Such tradition was created by a selfish man.

On the contrary, I heard that a tradition in Edo state is doing the opposite. A woman cheats and the husband dies grin

Well, true. It can also kill her like during labour. It can kill her kids too. It's a general taboo that can affect any immediate family member.
It's partcularly dangerous to the man if he knows or hears rumours but refuses to tell the ancestral family nd perform atonement/cleasing rites.

Why Mynd and co here look at it from 21st century and Western perspective, it wasn't so in most cultures worldwide.

Lots of men died prematurely those days: war, hard life and so on. Men needed to marry many wives to ensure social cohesion. Rich men who could cater for many women particularly needed to marry many wives. Even now, many educated young ladies still marry already married men if they're rich enough.

One such cheating lady just recently confessed. Her hubby living abroad, visits every 3 to 4 months fell ill. Was in hospital abroad for almost a year. European docs couldn't diagnose the illness. Was at point of death. She confessed and atonement made. He's fine now.

I'm not superstitious and I seek clinical reasons for illness routinely. But I too had to give up on this.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by RichieF27: 1:58am On Oct 12, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Back to sender! grin cheesy tongue
sl you plan on cheating on your husband ?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 5:49am On Oct 12, 2015
realglob:

Same in my village. We share boundary wit d village in question.
Like seriously?

We are brothers then
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 5:51am On Oct 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

Aii
This one is heavycheesycheesycheesy
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 5:54am On Oct 12, 2015
prissyluv:
I was shocked when a lady from Ebonyi and a man from Abia states told me tales like this of recent.
The lady's story happened to her aunt. So she was sure of what she was telling me. I was all ears ooo.
She said the man is free to sleep with a single lady but not with a married woman.
Same in a Nsukka.

Even a pastor dare not touch a married woman otherwise the gods will deal with him.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Albishir: 6:00am On Oct 12, 2015
But y'all know that men are polygamous in nature and as Africans, men are ment to have more than a wife and so that's why that law isn't applicable to the men. That's the truth!
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 6:00am On Oct 12, 2015
sunidexsike:
are you actually stupid or you are just to dumb to kno that a mad person cant confess voluntary..habaa
I am not a woman neither am I cheating on anybody.

Did you forget your reading glasses or do you simply have problem with comprehension?

The story up there is what somebody told me, if you wanna argue or investigate it then hola @ me and I will give you directions to his village.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 6:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Folaatisade:

I tell you being a woman no be easy thing at all. Let me not go into details why it's just that we women suffer so much more than men.
I find it hard to believe that women suffer more than men.
Folaatisade:

From baring children,
We carried the sperm for years, remembertongue
Folaatisade:

being a cook,
I cook better than you, I am ready for a competition if you doubt me.
Folaatisade:
a house maid (house cleaner, dish washer, clothes washer, shirts ironer etc...),
haba, she can stay in a dirty house and eat with date plates if she likes nahgringringringrin
Folaatisade:

baring most of the emotional stress & burdens of the family,
Most? I disagree.
Folaatisade:

working,
We don't just work, we over-work
Folaatisade:
excessive worrying about kids,
That one nah their business oo.
Folaatisade:

being judged
Men suffer it too.
Folaatisade:

and forced to live our lives according to societies standards,
Society have standards for men and women
Folaatisade:

maintaining your home, keeping yourself attractive around your husband after gaining weight from pregnancy excetra excetra. E no easy ooo!
We nko. You must make money, look attractive, have great body, get six parks and must be romantic otherwise your wife will run away with anothergringringringrin
Folaatisade:

About my punctuation and grammar i really didn't feel like using proper punctuation and grammar lol after all this is nairaland.
Nothing is wrong with them jaree.

Good morning, hope you had a wonderful rest?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 6:15am On Oct 12, 2015
Tamee:

Who are they?
His village people.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by macho44(m): 6:28am On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
Abi?

Make everybody just lock up.
"CHEATING" isn't just about a particular Gender, its all about Choice
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by justmenoni: 6:34am On Oct 12, 2015
Op I think it happens also in Benue state.

quote author=Tallesty1 post=38871226]A married woman was caught in the act here on Friday. It happened right in her husbands house so neighbours were there to witness what happened. I was there too to witness the taboo cause her husband was just shouting that whoever was around should come and witness a taboo.

Sha, that is not why I am writing this post.

What actually necessitated this post was a convo I had with a man on my way back.

Man: It is stuffs like this that makes me appreciate where I come from.

Me: Huh

Man: I appreciate my village the more anytime I hear or witness something like this because married women don't cheat on their husband in my place.

Me: How is that possible?

Man: They Know what would happen to them if they dare cheat on their husband.

Me: What will happen to them.

Man: If a married woman sleeps with another man, or collects money from another man, or spends her husband's money on another man without telling her husband, she will run mad.

Me: And if a man sleeps with another woman?

Man: Nothing, except the woman has a husband.

What he's saying in essence is that a married woman who sleeps with a man that is not her husband or collects money from a man who is not her relation or spends money on another man without informing her husband will lose her sanity. The madness is curable but she must confess her sins to regain her sanity.

So Nairalanders, what do you think of this people's tradition?

BTW, the man is from one village at obollo.[/quote]
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by MizMyColi(f): 6:35am On Oct 12, 2015
Eluwilussit:

You can't even explain your theory of the cosmos, and you are talking about manners. It is not by throwing around some exotic theory. Did I think you were gonna give a sensible answer? Nope. Little kids of nowadays too like to dey talk about things they don't understand. Go and study. Pay closer attention to your books. Leave social media alone. Come out with at least 2:1, and you will be on your way to success. Don't forget to thank me. shocked shocked shocked. Sleep well my dear!

Little Children of nowadays sef.
Well, at least, you finally learned some manners.
You trycheesy
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by MizMyColi(f): 6:36am On Oct 12, 2015
smiley
Tallesty1:
This one is heavycheesycheesycheesy

Good Morning.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by oyeezah(f): 6:37am On Oct 12, 2015
Mynd44:
So their tradition only recognises female adultery. Okay na.

BTW, I think it is bullshìt. If anyone wants to be taken seriously, the same rules that apply to men should apply to women.
yes
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 6:38am On Oct 12, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley

Good Morning.
Morning dearie.

How are you?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 6:40am On Oct 12, 2015
justmenoni:
Op I think it happens also in Benue state.
Yep.

Even in Kogi state.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by MizMyColi(f): 6:45am On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
Morning dearie.

How are you?

Cliche Answer:- Ayam fine eeh.

True Answer:- One of my good padis annoyed me.
I'm finding it hard to forgive.
It's affecting me.

Which would you go for?
Your time starts now!
grin
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Adelekedove(m): 6:47am On Oct 12, 2015
vfactor:
Obollo in Enugu state. Yeah so I heard. But it will finer if they should make it unisex!

same here, the town is close to my place of primary assignment while serving in Nsukka, Enugu state. we saw a mad woman and we heard she cheated on her husband.
its a crazy society were the laws favors one gender over another.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 6:50am On Oct 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

Cliche Answer:- Ayam fine eeh.

True Answer:- One of my good padis annoyed me.
I'm finding it hard to forgive.
It's affecting me.

Which would you go for?
Your time starts now!
grin
Impossible
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by eightsin(m): 6:53am On Oct 12, 2015
total bullshit!! i think Nsukka people have a tradition like this but it doesn't work. i am speaking authoritatively.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by MizMyColi(f): 6:56am On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
Impossible

sad
I am human too.
There's only so much I can take.

I don't like that I'm in this state, negative energy everywhere.
It's annoying to know that I can't bring myself to let it go.
I'm equally scared of venting, I fear I might say things that'll have eternal consequence.

I ought to bless, not curse.
#Dillemma

Nuff said here, please when you chanced, let's meet at at other sidesmiley
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by holysina(m): 6:59am On Oct 12, 2015
Mynd44:

BTW, I think it is bullshìt. If anyone wants to be taken seriously, the same rules that apply to men should apply to women.
for what, why should it be applicable to men! na she marry me abi na me marry her grin grin cheesy
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by kalushaiyke(m): 6:59am On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
gringringringrin

In my village, if you know that your woman is cheating on you and yet you continue to eat her food, you will die.

A woman that cheats and refuses to confess will run mad or die.

But you are safe if you confess.

Being a woman is really had.
Somewhere in Abia state?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Tallesty1(m): 7:04am On Oct 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

sad
I am human too.
There's only so much I can take.

I don't like that I'm in this state, negative energy everywhere.
It's annoying to know that I can't bring myself to let it go.
I'm equally scared of venting, I fear I might say things that'll have eternal consequence.

I ought to bless, not curse.
#Dillemma

Nuff said here, please when you chanced, let's meet at at other sidesmiley
Ait dear.

I understand perfectly and............ It is ok to vent sometimes if that will make you feel better, we humans y'know.... Just make sure you are not too rash.

See ya there when I charge.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Youngpo413: 7:06am On Oct 12, 2015
Tamee:

If Amadioha dares it, he will be extradited to UK or USA and jailed for life undecided
funny.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by 4stylz: 7:26am On Oct 12, 2015
Mynd44:

Cos you want to be free to cheat? So if a man cheats, so its compulsory for a woman to pay him back with cheating as well? Like it's a contest or something
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by babygirlfl: 7:27am On Oct 12, 2015
Martiano:
afrocandy is from Obollo so why she never mad??
grin grin grin
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by charsola: 7:51am On Oct 12, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Well said! God bless you for dis

Most married women are loose and has no sanity in them hence they can sleep with every dick and harry that comes their way.
They don't deserve and thing good because they are cursed already to themselves and their family at large.so why living? To continue the life and insanity and incurs more cursed to herself and the family?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by doublex: 8:01am On Oct 12, 2015
Albishir:
But y'all know that men are polygamous in nature and as Africans, men are ment to have more than a wife and so that's why that law isn't applicable to the men. That's the truth!
since you are all about nature,please remove/stop with all un-nature things in your life such as technology,processed foods and medicines etc. And african man!take away all the western things in your life such as school,the clothes you are wearing,even writing(alphabet is not nigerian) UNTILL THEN YOUR PROCLAIMS OF AFRICAN MEN AND NATURE ARE NOT TAKEN SERIOUS cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boy Draws Mum On Her Period After She Changed Her Pad In Front Of Him / My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / What Secret Is My Husband Hiding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.