Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

"Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" (71125 Views)

Is My Wife Cheating On Me?? / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by SStoneCCold: 8:05am On Oct 12, 2015
ALISMILE:
it used to be like dat, but it has been changed!Now if She cheats and she dies!
Where has it been changed and effective when?
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by BiafranAvatar(m): 8:22am On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
A married woman was caught in the act here on Friday. It happened right in her husbands house so neighbours were there to witness what happened. I was there too to witness the taboo cause her husband was just shouting that whoever was around should come and witness a taboo.

Sha, that is not why I am writing this post.

What actually necessitated this post was a convo I had with a man on my way back.

Man: It is stuffs like this that makes me appreciate where I come from.

Me: Huh

Man: I appreciate my village the more anytime I hear or witness something like this because married women don't cheat on their husband in my place.

Me: How is that possible?

Man: They Know what would happen to them if they dare cheat on their husband.

Me: What will happen to them.

Man: If a married woman sleeps with another man, or collects money from another man, or spends her husband's money on another man without telling her husband, she will run mad.

Me: And if a man sleeps with another woman?

Man: Nothing, except the woman has a husband.

What he's saying in essence is that a married woman who sleeps with a man that is not her husband or collects money from a man who is not her relation or spends money on another man without informing her husband will lose her sanity. The madness is curable but she must confess her sins to regain her sanity.

So Nairalanders, what do you think of this people's tradition?

BTW, the man is from one village at obollo.

Ya... that's how we roll...

But a stubborn husband gets the cake when he turns blind eye against his wife's adulterous ways...

Our tradition is true face of Africa

Igbo Amaka!!!
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by BiafranAvatar(m): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2015
Cutehector:
Lol if dat kind of law was put in place in evry community in nigeria whch covers both men and women, den no one will cheat.

Believe me... that tradition is custom in most Igbo land, but some part have demolished theirs already...
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by ammyluv2002(f): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2015
charsola:

Most married women are loose and has no sanity in them hence they can sleep with every dick and harry that comes their way.
They don't deserve and thing good because they are cursed already to themselves and their family at large.so why living? To continue the life and insanity and incurs more cursed to herself and the family?
Big fat lie! Most married women are not loose. Get your facts straight
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by BiafranAvatar(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2015
xynerise:
Many traditions have not been fair to the women. The men are free to cheat but the women can't because they are robots abi? Such tradition was created by a selfish man.

On the contrary, I heard that a tradition in Edo state is doing the opposite. A woman cheats and the husband dies grin

Remember the tradition allows a man to marry multiple wife... so when a man has extra martial affair with a single girl or unmarried woman..... there's no alarm, but if a married woman, such man has his own dare punishment...

In our tradition... no gender is spared... I have seen men gone mad or die after sleeping with married woman but mostly in Enugu-Ezike part of Enugu state...
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by ALISMILE(m): 8:51am On Oct 12, 2015
SStoneCCold:

Where has it been changed and effective when?
Are u frm Edo state? If u re find out about wat I said!
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by hensben(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2015
cococandy:

Or?
Or amadioha would visit you.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by BiafranAvatar(m): 9:04am On Oct 12, 2015
Tamee:

What happens if a man from your village marries a white woman and she cheats on him?
Do the gods who kill and make Nigerian women mad board planes to go kill white women too?

No...but if you paid the bride price, she dare not step a feet into the soil of your origin...

Tradition know no race...
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by SStoneCCold: 9:08am On Oct 12, 2015
eightsin:
total bullshit!! i think Nsukka people have a tradition like this but it doesn't work. i am speaking authoritatively.
Have you slept with any married Nsukka woman that didn't go mad? I'm just curious because you sound so sure the tradition no longer works smiley

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by SStoneCCold: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2015
ALISMILE:
Are u frm Edo state? If u re find out about wat I said!
I'm not doubting you, I just want some more information regarding the tribe in Edo state where the tradition has been reversed and how long ago the reversal took place.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by justmenoni: 9:29am On Oct 12, 2015
Nawa ooooo,,so mehn from dos areas go dey happy,all dey need to do is sleep around with single ladies and they are sure karma ain't coming to them...

Tallesty1:
Yep.

Even in Kogi state.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by sabi99(m): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2015
Gender inequality which has been backed up with ancient traditional satanic spirits

4 Likes

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by trapQ: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2015
In my state, DELTA, the wife cheats and her husband's head starts swelling uncontrobably grin grin grin
xynerise:
Many traditions have not been fair to the women. The men are free to cheat but the women can't because they are robots abi? Such tradition was created by a selfish man.

On the contrary, I heard that a tradition in Edo state is doing the opposite. A woman cheats and the husband dies grin
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by trapQ: 9:57am On Oct 12, 2015
And some men are too stup!d. Why do you think Adam ate the apple eve gave him?
eherbal:
Because Some Women Are Very Loose. Why DO You Think Satan Approached Eve And Not Adam? smiley

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by XKZ(m): 10:32am On Oct 12, 2015
In polygamous societies adultery can only be committed with a married woman. If a married man sleeps with an unmarried women, it is assumed she is going to be his next wife (until proven otherwise). It is the same in the bible too.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Fortunate017(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2015
xynerise:

That is if the husband knows and didn't talk or take the matter to his kinsmen so as for them to do what need to be done to the woman. Before it was the first son abi child that would die. Don't know how it was reversed.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Acidosis(m): 11:25am On Oct 12, 2015
I don't have problems with such traditions. What I can't possibly understand is why people believe such traditions/beliefs.

A woman will only die when she accepts to partake in their fetish acts in the name of traditional wedding. Washing your feet, head & hair; eating cola nut, drinking palm wine and all the likes in the name of marriage is enough to kill a couple, cheating or not.

A man and a woman whose wedding is based on the Law as proposed by the Nigerian constitution or Church bye Laws have nothing to worry about if caught in the web of adultery. The Court would honourably dissolve the marriage when the man and the woman are tired.

I personally will not accept such fetish nonsense from my In-laws. Rule No.1, I will not partake in any "family" practise, I will not accept to buy any strange property, animal or partake in any ritual.

Cheating doesn't kill; but an evil covenant (or ritual) does...

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by limen123: 11:41am On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
Abi?

I asked the same question in Facebook group yesterday and a guy from that village said that the reason it is applicable to only women is because the men paid their price(bride price).

Didn't make much sense to me but @ least they have a reasongringringringrin.

It is crystal clear. As a man, you are entitled to as many women as you can. Can a woman marry more dan one man?? So why are dis debate? It can only be applicable to women and women alone

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2015
xynerise:

That's true of my place too. "Covers face"
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by sabi99(m): 11:57am On Oct 12, 2015
This should be titled"gender inequality that has been backed up with archaic,evil and satanic tradition"

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by sunidexsike(m): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am not a woman neither am I cheating on anybody.

Did you forget your reading glasses or do you simply have problem with comprehension?

The story up there is what somebody told me, if you wanna argue or investigate it then hola @ me and I will give you directions to his village.
i realy cant blame you though..seems your level of thinking is just too low(no offence)..i understand,have seen people like that,it not realy your fault.it just that you have a very retarded and shallow mind.i understand you sorry ehh...it is well.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by predatorX: 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
na Edo State be dis. Very useless tradition

Na so when my cuzzin wan marry, They Groom pipo say she must go shrine go swear. Trust where i from come na, Isiala Ngwa cool cool cool olof us put leg for ground say if to swear na by force, Both Bride and Groom must swear the tin. Na for dia the EDO pipo reverse course.

my friend wey be girl dey suffer the thing now. Her hubby is a confirm slut and she no fit do anytin becoz she don swear.

what is good for the goose is good for the gander

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by ALISMILE(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
SStoneCCold:

I'm not doubting you, I just want some more information regarding the tribe in Edo state where the tradition has been reversed and how long ago the reversal took place.
Currently I don't live in Edo state but am in constant touch wit pple who live there! A gud friend of I, frm Edo State, who is very connected to home was d 1st person I heard it frm last yrs! I jus got married now and my wife who is also from Edo State told me same and also gave vivid examples of ppersons whom recently d wrath of that curse befell! However, I do not ve any formal source to refer 2u!
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by CashVessel(m): 3:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mynd44:
So their tradition only recognises female adultery. Okay na.

BTW, I think it is bullshìt. If anyone wants to be taken seriously, the same rules that apply to men should apply to women.

Well your thinking is irrelevant because no tradition metes out equal punishment for adultery to both sexes. Right from ancient times(even in the bible), traditions have been favorable to men, and it won't change now cos of what you think

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by eherbal(m): 6:57am On Oct 13, 2015
trapQ:
And some men are too stup!d. Why do you think Adam ate the apple eve gave him?
we seem to have touched a nerve dear. Truth be Painful. Truth Hurts. I Feel Your Pain cool
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by eherbal(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2015
Believe Me, They Are. They Abound Everywhere. Even The Saintly Looking Ones. I Know. I've Seen Them. Irresponsible Mother Of Nations.
ammyluv2002:
Big fat lie! Most married women are not loose. Get your facts straight
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by trapQ: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2015
Lmao... What nerve? What pain? What truth?

You're the cause of global warming and the depletion of the ozone layer.
eherbal:
we seem to have touched a nerve dear. Truth be Painful. Truth Hurts. I Feel Your Pain cool

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by jabojafa(m): 11:20am On Oct 13, 2015
vfactor:
Obollo in Enugu state. Yeah so I heard. But it will finer if they should make it unisex!
not only in Obollo but also in Enugu-Ezike in Igbo-Eze North LG in Enugu state.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by eherbal(m): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
lol
trapQ:
Lmao... What nerve? What pain? What truth?

You're the cause of global warming and the depletion of the ozone layer.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by themanderon: 1:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
Tallesty1:
A married woman was caught in the act here on Friday. It happened right in her husbands house so neighbours were there to witness what happened. I was there too to witness the taboo cause her husband was just shouting that whoever was around should come and witness a taboo.

Sha, that is not why I am writing this post.

What actually necessitated this post was a convo I had with a man on my way back.

Man: It is stuffs like this that makes me appreciate where I come from.

Me: Huh

Man: I appreciate my village the more anytime I hear or witness something like this because married women don't cheat on their husband in my place.

Me: How is that possible?

Man: They Know what would happen to them if they dare cheat on their husband.

Me: What will happen to them.

Man: If a married woman sleeps with another man, or collects money from another man, or spends her husband's money on another man without telling her husband, she will run mad.

Me: And if a man sleeps with another woman?

Man: Nothing, except the woman has a husband.

What he's saying in essence is that a married woman who sleeps with a man that is not her husband or collects money from a man who is not her relation or spends money on another man without informing her husband will lose her sanity. The madness is curable but she must confess her sins to regain her sanity.

So Nairalanders, what do you think of this people's tradition?

BTW, the man is from one village at obollo.

So true it usually occurs around nsukka axis I actually witnessed one live. Strange but true.
Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=Pidggin post=38895894][/quote]

My bad. I don't support women whoring themselves out, but I have been a bit too harsh on here. Even though I'm not a gentleman in the classic term, I'll try and be more respectful in my disagreements from now on.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" by Pidggin(f): 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
aim5:

My bad. I don't support women whoring themselves out, but I have been a bit too harsh on here. Even though I'm not a gentleman in the classic term, I'll try and be more respectful in my disagreements from now on.

You may not be a gentleman for now, but I think you are a work in progress. No sane person will support women whoring, but it should go both ways. Hope you can keep up the effort, cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / Mother Drops A Funny Comment On Son's Facebook Pic: Make The Lips No Touch You / What Secret Is My Husband Hiding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.