Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo (43450 Views)

Ondo Election Was Free And Fair, But Edo Election Was Rigged, See Why / NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA / Concrete Facts To Prove That Ikwerres Are Not Igbo But Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Omololu007(m): 10:22am On Oct 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Ndigbo should please ignore these vermin!

It's obvious he/they are quite scared about something.....every few weeks we get these 'we are not Igbo' threads and it makes one wonder what exactly is going on! When it comes to the north it's 'one north', and nobody (including Ndigbo) have a problem with that; when it comes to south west, Yoruba would tell us it's a homogeneous Yoruba enclave (including Lagos) and everyone (including Ndigbo) say no wahala and get on with their lives! But when it comes to the area formerly known as the old Eastern Region, you see outsiders getting agitated, worried and poking their long Pinocchio noses into what ordinarily shouldn't concern them! They get worried when Igbos and other ethnic groups in the region form a common front and a commonality of purpose, and then they go on to dig for and post divisive claptrap like we see in the OP; they get worried when any Igbo sub-groups like the Ikwerre, Ngwa, Ogba, etc, identify with the larger Igbo nation, and they then go on to sponsor a few elements within these sub-groups (like they did during and after the uncivil war of 1967-70) to scream that they're not Igbo.....all this happening while they tell us the area formerly known as the old Western Region is one homogeneous ethnic enclave!

It's obvious these people are scared of the resurgent Biafran agitation, and they're afraid they'll starve to death and see the death of all their ill-gotten criminal enterprises if Biafra is achieved.....hence the lame attempt at revisionism and the divide-and-rule we now see on here every couple of weeks!

Quite sad really! undecided
the old eastern region is united,just the way Nigeria is united

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ugomba(m): 10:22am On Oct 13, 2015
Omololu007:
so amadi-nna that wrote the article is an edo man cool
your tribalistic sadist nature is a result of an acute inferiority complex..

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by IGBOSON1: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2015
We should be careful believing any claimed ethnicity by some of the sad bigots on this forum! They may want to divert and deflect abuse/attention from their true ethnicity while they carry out their agenda of causing division among Ndigbo and between Ndigbo and her next-door neighbours!

Like this spanish fly dude for instance.....he's been quite prolific and notorious in this regard; so we should all threat these type of posts with the derision and unseriousness they deserve! smiley

25 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2015
Omololu007:
if you like get property for sambisa,how e take concern me grin have never been to the south east before,I'm not planing to ever visit the place not to talk of now owning a property there,God forbid bad thing grin..is just like you asking a qatari man to have a property in yemen cool
So stop complaining that we are super major stakeholders in where you call your place.

I want to buy your family house where they buried your father. Name your price.

12 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by 1shortblackboy: 10:24am On Oct 13, 2015
emmydeep:

Yes, we make ourselves happy with our achievments. I have landed properties in lagos, ogun, abuja, ph, and kano.
How many do you have in Igboland? You see how foolish some Yorubas like you are?
if sombody says u guys are chest beaters I'll be one of the people to call dem out as tribal bigots but some of u igbos don't help matters at all. The thread is about ancestral origins and u bring up owning properties all over Nigeria. Who told u other people don't own properties all over Nigeria ? Is it because they don't make noise like some of u people?....SMH

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by spanishkid(m): 10:25am On Oct 13, 2015
emmydeep:

Useless Yoruba agbero claiming to be working with SHELL PETROLEUM .D. C portharcourt.

You are really insane.
You're deranged.

Leave THE ALMIGHTY IGBOS alone and face your pick pocket bussiness.

If you dnt know that ure a Yoruba then ure a bastardia nicompu.
look at fool and bastard son of a thousand fathers. You think everyone is as wretched as you are. I can buy your village. Igbos are a cancer anywhere they are and I'll personally facilitate your exit. Bloody u cannibals.

6 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by slam7000(m): 10:25am On Oct 13, 2015
Ugomba:
As long my Ogwashi Uku/ Aniocha is not part of that Edo history trash; I don't give a f"uck..
Proudly Anioma, Proudly Delta Igbo.

An interesting piece I must say referring to the op but it has lots of inconsistencies.

I don't care what a group of people chose to call themselves or prefer to be addressed by but somethings don't add up here.

Akalaka means 'talent' or literally the marks/lines on the palm in Igbo.Let's assume this man came truly from bini. How could he name his son 'Ihruoha'? Meaning face of the community? Or Ihuoha as Igbos in the hinterland would pronounce it? Hasn't he got his own language?
How do you explain the similarity in language or names and meaning of the names. We are not talking about pre civil war Igbo influence here.

What was an Igbo interpreter doing at that time between the colonialists and the riverine indigenes? How come it was an Igbo man living very further from the seas that was interpreting what both parties were saying? It should have been the other way round.

Interestingly, the chorus or answer given by the indigenes was 'Ekwerulem'...meaning..we have agreed or simply yes. What's the Igbo word for..I agreed or I have agreed? Somebody help me here.

Do the indigenes not have their own language? What language was the ndoni people where bini man Akalaka landed speak?

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OfoIgbo: 10:26am On Oct 13, 2015
https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=430670643680677&story_fbid=479324262148648

Access the above link for more detail

WORTH KNOWING

IKWERRE IS IGBO SAID IKWERRE LAWYER AND OKIRIKA PEOPLE

The Director of Legal Services, Niger Delta Human and Environmental, Rescue Organization (ND-HERO) and the President of the Ikwerre Youths,Barrister Okwukwu (2000) on this issue explains,

"Well the truth is that because the greater Igbo nation lost the
Nigerian civil war and if you must be a true Nigerian back then, you
must be anti-Igbo. That entered the psyche of all Igbos (sic)
everywhere ... The truth is that the Ikwerre people are part and
parcel of the greater Igbo nation and they share a lot in common
(:18). By Barrister Uche Okwukwu, President of Ikwerre Youths.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Omololu007(m): 10:26am On Oct 13, 2015
emmydeep:

So stop complaining that we are super major stakeholders in where you call your place.

I want to buy your family house where they buried your father. Name your price.
you wey they sell plantain chips along the ijebu ode-ore expressway too they form king kong for here cool

6 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by winniz: 10:27am On Oct 13, 2015
Ugomba:
This is a pathetic attempt by Edos to rewrite history but it will fail miserably.
Maybe Efik, Ibibio people are also edos.

What do you expect from Yorubas? They are scared to death with the agitation of the restoration of Biafra. The unity amongst Igbos is giving them sleepless nights cos the divide and rule amongst Igbos they used in the past has failed them miserably this time.

11 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 13, 2015
Lol if that will make you sleep well a bit @op..
Suit yourself...

Radio Biafra is seriously causing a great havoc somewhere at any point in time

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by MrMbaM: 10:28am On Oct 13, 2015
emmydeep:

You must be insane.
Go and check history.

No they are from yorubaland.
Hopeless un-repentant id.io.tic bas.t.ard that does not know history.

[size=18pt]Igbos have over 70% of the landed properties in Nigeria[/size] and thats a history you cant dispute nor distort.

Your hate for the Igbos will surely kill you.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ugomba(m): 10:32am On Oct 13, 2015
slam7000:

An interesting piece I must say referring to the op but it has lots of inconsistencies.

I don't care what a group of people chose to call themselves or prefer to be addressed by but somethings don't add up here.

Akalaka means 'talent' or literally the marks/lines on the palm in Igbo.Let's assume this man came truly from bini. How could he name his son 'Ihruoha'? Meaning face of the community? Or Ihuoha as Igbos in the hinterland would pronounce it? Hasn't he got his own language?
How do you explain the similarity in language or names and meaning of the names. We are not talking about pre civil war Igbo influence here.

What was an Igbo interpreter doing at that time between the colonialists and the riverine indigenes? How come it was an Igbo man living very further from the seas that was interpreting what both parties were saying? It should have been the other way round.

Interestingly, the chorus or answer given by the indigenes was 'Ekwerulem'...meaning..we have agreed or simply yes. What's the Igbo word for..I agreed or I have agreed? Somebody help me here.

Do the indigenes not have their own language? What language was the ndoni people where bini man Akalaka landed speak?

the oil politics/civil war are the root causes of "SOME" denials and misunderstanding..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by kingzizzy: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2015
It was a long read but worth it. There's just one thing that no one has been able to explain. The Ukwuanis,Ikas,Ikwere and Ekpeye all speak Igbo (or dialects of Igbo) as their ancestral language. Some people say it is because they have interacted with Igbos for a long time. The question that nobody ever seems to answer is, if the "SS Igbos", the Ukwuanis,the Ikas,the Ikweres,the Etche, the Ekpeye and Ahoada are not Igbos but descendants of the Bini Kingdom, why do they all have Igbo surnames? Why is it that these people don't speak Bini or have Bini surnames? Did the Igbos force them to change their names to Igbo? The Ikwere say they are a 'distinct' ethnic group. I was at an Ikwere persons funeral less than a month ago. Many Ikwere people picked up the microphone, introduced themselves, before talking about the person that died. Even though I'm an Anambra man, I understood 80 to 90% of what they all said and they all had Igbo surnames. So how can the Ikwere people be distinct when they speak a dialect of Igbo and have Igbo last names?

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 13, 2015
Illiterate yorubas, what ekpeye and what's ahaoda?

12 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by DFemaleBoss(f): 10:34am On Oct 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:

It's obvious he/they are quite scared about something.....every few weeks we get these 'we are not Igbo' threads and it makes one wonder what exactly is going on! When it comes to the north it's 'one north', and nobody (including Ndigbo) have a problem with that; when it comes to south west, Yoruba would tell us it's a homogeneous Yoruba enclave (including Lagos) and everyone (including Ndigbo) say no wahala and get on with their lives! But when it comes to the area formerly known as the old Eastern Region, you see outsiders getting agitated, worried and poking their long Pinocchio noses into what ordinarily shouldn't concern them! They get worried when Igbos and other ethnic groups in the region form a common front and a commonality of purpose, and then they go on to dig for and post divisive claptrap like we see in the OP; they get worried when any Igbo sub-groups like the Ikwerre, Ngwa, Ogba, etc, identify with the larger Igbo nation, and they then go on to sponsor a few elements within these sub-groups (like they did during and after the uncivil war of 1967-70) to scream that they're not Igbo.....all this happening while they tell us the area formerly known as the old Western Region is one homogeneous ethnic enclave!

It's obvious these people are scared of the resurgent Biafran agitation, and they're afraid they'll starve to death and see the death of all their ill-gotten criminal enterprises if Biafra is achieved.....hence the lame attempt at revisionism and the divide-and-rule we now see on here every couple of weeks!

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by DFemaleBoss(f): 10:38am On Oct 13, 2015
Mods should move this to the jokes section where it belongs biko. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by 1shortblackboy: 10:42am On Oct 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:

in all ur multitude of words I see arrogance and dillusion. For ur information its not a few elements that hold the view of a non igbo ancestry and they are definitely not spnsored. But I guess u won't understand that

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by OfoIgbo: 10:46am On Oct 13, 2015
menabadoo:
Illiterate yorubas, what ekpeye and what's ahaoda?

EKPEYE means AKPA OHIA in the hinterland Igbo, which means BUSH BAG

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by PenSniper: 10:53am On Oct 13, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin
Una go cause war for here today. grin

You made me laugh so hard. A hilarious but rucous war is about to be unleashed.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Truckpusher(m): 10:56am On Oct 13, 2015
PenSniper:

You made me laugh so hard. A hilarious but rucous war is about to be unleashed.
Honestly, some sensitive issues like this shouldn't be something we should be talking about here giving some people the impression that their divide and rule tactics is still working.

We are all one people, one nation , one ideology , one culture and of course a common cause.

We are moving forward and we won't let these myopic people that aren't looking at the bigger picture deter us.
Long live Biafra.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by PenSniper: 10:57am On Oct 13, 2015
emmydeep:

You must be insane.
Go and check history.

No they are from yorubaland.
Hopeless un-repentant id.io.tic bas.t.ard that does not know history.

Igbos have over 70% of the landed properties in Nigeria and thats a history you cant dispute nor distort.

Your hate for the Igbos will surely kill you.

You have just made a lunatic claim that exposes your mental depravity.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 13, 2015
OfoIgbo:

EKPEYE means AKPA OHIA in the hinterland Igbo, which means BUSH BAG
the blunder the foooooolish op committed was not knowing that ekpeye is a language spoken by ahoada people.

Yoruba's dull

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by PenSniper: 11:02am On Oct 13, 2015
Igbos have over 70% of the landed properties in Nigeria and thats a history you cant dispute nor distort.

A tribe of land-grabbers making an exagerated lunatic claim to console themselves for being hated left, right and centre by sane people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by martineverest(m): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2015
Mulatto don land..welcome back
mulattoclaro:
it will kill your father first and your useless flàthead generation. Shut up and stop trying to rewrite other people's history.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2015
spanishkid:
look at fool and bastard son of a thousand fathers. You think everyone is as wretched as you are. I can buy your village. Igbos are a cancer anywhere they are and I'll personally facilitate your exit. Bloody u cannibals.
You've really confirmed that you're a wasted sperm.
Who dash monkey banana?
Bastard son of a bastard father.

Find your route

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2015
PenSniper:

A tribe of land-grabbers making an exagerated lunatic claim to console themselves for being hated left, right and centre by sane people.

Does your hate for the ALMIGHTY IGBOS make you any better?
The Igbos are far more ahead of you in all areas of life and Your hate for the Igbos comfirms it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ugomba(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2015
PenSniper:

will you just shut ur mouth up..
Efik, Ibibios, Anang, Urhobo, Itsekiri, etc don't have any issue with Igbos..
Maybe World Bank, British Parliament etc also hate Igbos thats why they don't appoint or vote Igbos.. Olodo
Keep living in delusion with your pathetic inferiority complex.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 11:15am On Oct 13, 2015
kingzizzy:
It was a long read but worth it. There's just one thing that no one has been able to explain. The Ukwuanis,Ikas,Ikwere and Ekpeye all speak Igbo (or dialects of Igbo) as their ancestral language. Some people say it is because they have interacted with Igbos for a long time. The question that nobody ever seems to answer is, if the "SS Igbos", the Ukwuanis,the Ikas,the Ikweres,the Etche, the Ekpeye and Ahoada are not Igbos but descendants of the Bini Kingdom, why do they all have Igbo surnames? Why is it that these people don't speak Bini or have Bini surnames? Did the Igbos force them to change their names to Igbo? The Ikwere say they are a 'distinct' ethnic group. I was at an Ikwere persons funeral less than a month ago. Many Ikwere people picked up the microphone, introduced themselves, before talking about the person that died. Even though I'm an Anambra man, I understood 80 to 90% of what they all said and they all had Igbo surnames. So how can the Ikwere people be distinct when they speak a dialect of Igbo and have Igbo last names?
Ukwuani dey speak ibo? Lol!
Not to mention that majority part of Ika like Agbor don't speak ibo!
Yeye people!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by PenSniper: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2015
mulattoclaro:
everybody to them is yoruba. They're obsessed with that tribe. When you expose their lies they start ranting as usual. Foolish tribe

Because the Yoruba have been their nemesis since 1967/68 and will continue to be.
Yorubaland is their Europe and America in Nigeria and like water to fish. Without the water the fish is finished.
But for their fear of the Yoruba siding with the north, they would've declared their biafra. Thats why they are fighting tooth and nail to herald the entire SS into their struggle.
They know yorubaland have millions of Black Scorpions to tame them should they step out of line.
Anyone anywhere in the world that says anything negative about Ibo must be Yoruba and if that person is non-black, he must've been sponsored by the Yoruba.
The Ibo tribe, from all indications, are yet to evolve from the 17th century tendencies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 13, 2015
1shortblackboy:
if sombody says u guys are chest beaters I'll be one of the people to call dem out as tribal bigots but some of u igbos don't help matters at all. The thread is about ancestral origins and u bring up owning properties all over Nigeria. Who told u other people don't own properties all over Nigeria ? Is it because they don't make noise like some of u people?....SMH
You don't have any property in Igboland

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ugomba(m): 11:20am On Oct 13, 2015
PenSniper:

Because the Yoruba have been their nemesis since 1967/68 and will continue to be.
Yorubaland is their Europe and America in Nigeria and like water to fish. Without the water the fish is finished.
But for their fear of the Yoruba siding with the north, they would've declared their biafra. Thats why they are fighting tooth and nail to herald the entire SS into their struggle.
They know yorubaland have millions of Black Scorpions to tame them should they step out of line.
Anyone anywhere in the world that says anything negative about Ibo must be Yoruba and if that person is non-black, he must've been sponsored by the Yoruba.
The Ibo tribe, from all indications, are yet to evolve from the 17th century tendencies.
Quit tribalism b4 it eats up ur soul.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Missing From Ize-iyamu Acknowledgement List / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / Bianca Ojukwu Stuns At The Coal City Christmas Music Festival (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.