Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,322 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo (43504 Views)

Ondo Election Was Free And Fair, But Edo Election Was Rigged, See Why / NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA / Concrete Facts To Prove That Ikwerres Are Not Igbo But Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2015
warrior01:

Please don't be clever by half. Remember, you postulated they came from Benin,right? And, I've simply for asked for the evidences that made you reach your conclusion. Is it by linguistic or culture? If the so called Igbos originated from Edo, how come they only speak a dialect of Igbo? How come their cultures are different? If they are the conquerors as you want us to believe, how did their language and culture got subdued totally and they lost all to the Igbos. I bet you, it's not a crime to think and ask questions

They should be ashamed ..if they came from Benin there should be historical and anthropological cum sociological evidence to support that

But what we hear is just fable

Ifele fa na emezi m

Ndi ara

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2015
new2020:

You are the same person as the OP. You are finished!
Yeye dunce! Calabar wannabe!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 7:54am On Oct 14, 2015
tonychristopher:

They should be ashamed ..if they came from Benin there should be historical and anthropological cum sociological evidence to support that

But what we hear is just fable

Ifele fa na emezi m

Ndi ara
The cultural settings and houses structure in Agbor is that of the Edos!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:00am On Oct 14, 2015
meccuno:
oga, I donnt know the school you went to, but you are not making sense.........there are case studies about various tribes around the world who were forced with another language and still maintained their indigenous language....eg the Scottish,the red indians,most tribes in the North......I used to assume that all tribes where hausa in the north until my northern friends explained it to me......people of jos speak hausa, but they have their indigenous languages.....the insinuation that they were forced and because language evolves means that its the reason why they speak igbo........the yorubas in kogi state are yorubas, the yorubas in illorin are yorubas even if they speak hausa or igala........your argument doesn't hold water at all.......if the ikwerris were never igbos, why do we speak the same language,have the same culture and they eveb behave like igbos......were they forced to change cultures as well......as one post said.....ONLY THE IGBOs KNOWs THE IGBOS......we know ourselves......one cause of these identity issue to an extent was caused by the igbos but that's for another day......... I am just amazed @ how non igbos all of a sudden became custodians of igbo culture.....well.....am just here to laugh @ ignorant people.....
Yeye!
Ilorin was part of the Oyo empire before they gained their independence! Very stup!d analogy I say!
Those people stoning Saraki in Ilorin were speaking Hausa right?
Shameless sets!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Yeye man!
Everyone knows that Asaba people and some elements in Delta are ibos! Infact, it was the ibo betrayers in Delta that gave access to their brothers to invade Delta and Benin!
So stop yarning dust!
lol... are they not Edo again? I ask y the sudden change to igbo grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2015
tonychristopher:

But efiks has been interacting with aros for centuries they still don't speak Igbo nor bear Igbo names

The Ibibio has been more than interacting with igbos and they are Igbo friends for millennia yet they don't speak Igbo no bear Igbo names

So as you can see the trading and interaction theory is false

These ikwere and ukwuani are just Igbo(id) its as simple as that

Take it or leave it

Ukwuani dey speak ibo? Yeye!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Ukwuani speaks pure Igbo ..the name UKWUANI is even Igbo

Try and smoke nafdac approved weed

It helps or smoke UKWUANI weed..its one of the finest the mother nature has given us

Ukwuani and oguta speaks same type of Igbo just like asaba ,Onitsha and obosi speaks same type of Igbo

Ikwerre and ohaji same type

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2015
lygn19:

lol... are they not Edo again? I ask y the sudden change to igbo grin cheesy
Nobody has ever denied that the likes of Aniocha/Oshimili are ibos. As a matter of fact, the mid western were thinking of merging them with their brothers in the east pre-civil war!
What's on ground now is that majority of the Ikas and Ukwuani are not ibos!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

ukwuani dey speak Edo?... mumu.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 8:08am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Ewu II have relativesthere ...what is the meaning of UKWUANI

Let's start from there

Aturu

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Nobody has ever denied that the likes of Aniocha/Oshimili are ibos. As a matter of fact, the mid western were thinking of merging them with their brothers in the east pre-civil war!
What's on ground now is that majority of the Ikas and Ukwuani are not ibos!
shouldn't u be out there stealing or something.
Edo theif.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 8:08am On Oct 14, 2015
lygn19:

Are you minding that nwa enwe
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:09am On Oct 14, 2015
tonychristopher:

Ukwuani speaks pure Igbo ..the name UKWUANI is even Igbo

Try and smoke nafdac approved weed

It helps or smoke UKWUANI weed..its one of the finest the mother nature has given us

Ukwuani and oguta speaks same type of Igbo just like asaba ,Onitsha and obosi speaks same type of Igbo

Ikwerre and ohaji same type
Lol!
Eediots bin translating Ukwuani with his ibo tongue!
Ukwuani's language is edoid!
Yeye people!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by hoobs(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Will you shut it?
Go to Agbor and Ukwuani and make them speak ibo!

Yeye people!
your a big fool,ur not intelligent atall
I have many friends from Agbor and I know there stance on the igbo matter dou most of them like using the term delta Igbo which I do not like,because itz either you are igbo or not
Agbor is pure Igbo and they speak igbo,have the same 4-market day and av the same culture as the igbos
You LEECHESS claim they migrated form Bini,
Ok,let's. Beileve that they migrated from Bini and that all of them mysteriously stated answering Igbo names,the name towns and villages are Igbo,av Four market days same as the Igbos and also name this days the same way igbos name there days......why does there king (who is the custodian of the people and guards the heritage of his people) go by the Name IKECHUKWU??
Ndi ara!!!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 8:11am On Oct 14, 2015
hoobs:
I have many friends from Agbor and I know there stance on the igbo matter dou most of them like using the term delta Igbo which I do not like,because itz either you are igbo or not
Agbor is pure Igbo and they speak igbo,have the same 4-market day and av the same culture as the igbos
Ok,let's. Beileve that they migrated from Bini and that all of them mysteriously stated answering Igbo names,the name towns and villages are Igbo,av Four market days same as the Igbos and also name this days the same way igbos name there days......why does there king (who is the custodian of the people and guards the heritage of his people) go by the Name IKECHUKWU??
Ndi ara!!!

Ask him the meaning of UKWUANI biko
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 8:12am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol!
Eediots bin translating Ukwuani with his ibo tongue!
Ukwuani's language is edoid!
Yeye people!

What is the meaning of UKWUANI

Pls tell the world

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Lordave: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2015
Nnaa, onye owula wu zi Bini

Ke ihe n'enye ndi à moral self? O maka that ôta akara empire mmadu agaghi anuziri ndi amusu a ihe?

How come we didn't hear we are Binis before 1980?This is very shameful.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 14, 2015
am done with this thread. let nobody quote me again.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:15am On Oct 14, 2015
lygn19:

Ukwuani speaks Ukwuani language which is edoid and quite distinct from the ibo language!
Yeye people!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:19am On Oct 14, 2015
hoobs:
Ndi ara!!!
Because Ayodele Oritsejafor is a Yoruba?
And the Ozarra language in agbor are ibos?
Yeye people!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:21am On Oct 14, 2015
tonychristopher:

What is the meaning of UKWUANI

Pls tell the world
Ask your in-laws!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:23am On Oct 14, 2015
lygn19:
shouldn't u be out there stealing or something. Edo theif.
Aint Edo! Mumu!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 8:23am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10 post=3 cool8965897:

Ask your in-laws!

So you don't know but you know how to make a fool of yourself here

Why am I having this convo
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by hoobs(m): 8:26am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Because Ayodele Oritsejafor is a Yoruba?
And the Ozarra language in some parts of agbor are ibos?
Yeye people!
baboon I asked you a simple question,this was how Nnamdi kanu asked 1 of your kinsmen a simple question live on air,and he kept on shouting ONE NIGERIA on air,does it run in your blood too
Answer my question or don't quote me again,I dnt av time 4 people who can not argue like civilized beings
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2015
tonychristopher:

So you don't know but you know how to make a fool of yourself here

Why am I having this convo
It's quite better asking your imaginary wife and in-laws, don't you think? Yeye man!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 8:30am On Oct 14, 2015
hoobs:
baboon I asked you a simple question,this was how Nnamdi kanu asked 1 of your kinsmen a simple question live on air,and he kept on shouting ONE NIGERIA on air,does it run in your blood too
Answer my question or don't quote me again,I dnt av time 4 people who can not argue like civilized beings
Lol.
Only a goat like you would ask such stup!d question and also failed to see my answers through my post!
Shameless sets!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Scholes007(m): 9:23am On Oct 14, 2015
alablec:
@Kingzizzy, the problem is that we don't do research again; I have a great background in linguistics and researches in African history, we need to accept reality. Languages do evolve and change overtime, these people were not originally Igbos but if they now accept to be Igbo, fine. The people called Igbo now had different origins but they've accepted to be one just like any other tribe. The British colonial government supported the missionary to imposed Igbo language on these people because the Bible has been translated to Igbo and the Education system then, overtime they assimilated it. In my research among these people, I found out that all the Church officials that are not Britons are mainly Igbo who supported the imposition then.
The Urobos and many groups- Oguta, Onitsha and all those op mentioned traced their origins to Bini, these are not mistake. Yoruba will never claim or reject if they so wished the Apoi, Ogori, Egun and several Borgu, Nupe, etc that use the language or have assimilated nor Hausas claiming the minorities who now bear Hausa names and use no other language but Hausa. Average Ika man would not accept to be Igbo and you must also know that there are pockets of Yoruba and Igala communities in Delta North that have assimilated to their environment, you can't force them but they can accept to be Igbo just the way Apoi has assimilated but their brothers Arogbo understand Yoruba but have not assimilated.
i guess the british also forced all the igbo tradition and culture on them, they also forced them to name their children igbo names?. My friend-
The reason why these people's history can not be rewritten is because of their strong characteristics in igbo culture of self dependence and heirarchy. Though with close culture,name,history among themselves an asaba man will not answer agbor man, ikwere will not be termed ahuada, aro man will not be afikpo and so on but all can be termed igbo because they are subset of it.
SIMPLE FACT

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by meccuno: 10:08am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

Yeye!
Ilorin was part of the Oyo empire before they gained their independence! Very stup!d analogy I say!
Those people stoning Saraki in Ilorin were speaking Hausa right?
Shameless sets!
please read again.....very sloooowly.......guess you have comprehension problem.....and stop cursing.......shows your level of reasoning......
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 10:56am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

It's quite better asking your imaginary wife and in-laws, don't you think?
Yeye man!

The. Stop fooling around and mind you ..grow up and shut up pls . if you don't know anything pls ask questions

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 10:57am On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:

It's quite better asking your imaginary wife and in-laws, don't you think?
Yeye man!

You can't even say the meaning of UKWUANI

You such a funny kid

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kollyman: 11:03am On Oct 14, 2015
emmydeep:

You must be insane.
Go and check history.

No they are from yorubaland.
Hopeless un-repentant id.io.tic bas.t.ard that does not know history.

Igbos have over 70% of the landed properties in Nigeria and thats a history you cant dispute nor distort.

Your hate for the Igbos will surely kill you.

70% in your dream.

Bros., you need to see a doctor because u seriously need help.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 11:03am On Oct 14, 2015
undecided
Kagawa10:

The cultural settings and houses structure in Agbor is that of the Edos!

Tell me the meaning of UKWUANI

Tell me how agbor has edo cultural setting let's start from langauge and market days and deities

Then tell me how they have edo real estate pattern

Maybe because colonial Enugu had British housing pattern the Enugu peeps are British

Going by your argument

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum / Olawuyi Aiyegoro, Fayemi's Supporter Assassinated 30 Days Before Election. Photo / INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For The 2023 Election (president, VP)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.