Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323987 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 06, 2016
Hello VO:
If I may ask, are immigrant visa interviews conducted in the full glare of the public(other applicants) as the case in nonimmigrant ones? I will soon apply for an immigrant visa but my situation is quite peculiar- absolutely peculiar. You may not understand my concerns and skepticism but as a Nigerian, I know better. I await your quick response. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
aluk:
Hello VO:
If I may ask, are immigrant visa interviews conducted in the full glare of the public(other applicants) as the case in nonimmigrant ones? I will soon apply for an immigrant visa but my situation is quite peculiar- absolutely peculiar. You may not understand my concerns and skepticism but as a Nigerian, I know better. I await your quick response. Thanks.

Yes, this is how all of our visa interviews are conducted in Nigeria.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Horlopz(m): 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hello VO,
Please I want to confirm if it is necessary one is over 18 before one can gain entrance to the embassy? In other words, I am 17, can I decide to go on my own the day of my interview.
Thanks. @lagosniv @abujaniv
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
LagosNIV:

Thanks for your swift response. Due to the peculiar nature of a particular applicant, especially for safety/security reason, can an arrangement be made for a one on one interview with the Consulate rather than being in the open?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by akinnolajumoke: 11:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
My husband filed for me and i have received an email from national visa center on 18th march 2016 that my case has been approved and that they will send me my interview appointment date in 60days. its more than 6 months now, I haven't recieved any date. Please I need some advice on what next to do to be scheduled for an interview. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by warrenweste(m): 2:16am On Oct 07, 2016
LagosNIV:

Hello pls i want to ask you if nigerians are qualified for these year dv 2018 visa lottery? thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 07, 2016
Horlopz:
Hello VO,
Please I want to confirm if it is necessary one is over 18 before one can gain entrance to the embassy? In other words, I am 17, can I decide to go on my own the day of my interview.
Thanks. @lagosniv @abujaniv

For the immigrant visa process you will need someone over the age of 18, with valid photo ID.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 07, 2016
aluk:

Thanks for your swift response. Due to the peculiar nature of a particular applicant, especially for safety/security reason, can an arrangement be made for a one on one interview with the Consulate rather than being in the open?

If you have these concerns, they can be addressed at the time of your interview and a determination can be made then if additional measures need to be taken. But again, as a general rule we don't make special exceptions for applicants.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 07, 2016
akinnolajumoke:
My husband filed for me and i have received an email from national visa center on 18th march 2016 that my case has been approved and that they will send me my interview appointment date in 60days. its more than 6 months now, I haven't recieved any date. Please I need some advice on what next to do to be scheduled for an interview. Thanks

Review the information you were given and contact them - I don't know specifics about your case.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 07, 2016
warrenweste:

Hello pls i want to ask you if nigerians are qualified for these year dv 2018 visa lottery? thanks

No, Nigeria doesn't qualify this year.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2016
BelieveAndrew:
I don't know why I can't find my post here anymore, why is the forum if one can't get clarity to issues
Is not fair

Yes it's not fair when people keep posting in a wrong thread even as the VO has repeatedly asked people to stop doing it.

If you post in the right thread then your post will be visible.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 9:39am On Oct 08, 2016
BelieveAndrew:
Wise justwise,
I greet you, but like I said in the other topic you closed, I am new and just trying to understand how to post, I even had to google it out.
I expected you would have helped me to put it in d right thread, instead of removing it.
No problem, if u can advice me on d right thread to put it,I will appreciate you sir.
I really need to know, cos I am trying to start the application soon.
Please don't be offended if I spoke out of tone.
Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Udiboy(f): 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
Done
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by JECU: 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello VO
Pls help me. My brother is a citizen in US. He brought my parent over to US 3years ago an now he want to file for me under my parent to come over as an immigrant ,meanwhile I will be getting married Nxt yr Feb. My question is
i want to travel together with my husband after our marriage.
1. Can my husband be allowed to travel with me since we are legally married
2.what kind of visa should he file me?

Pls VO help me out with everything I need to do to enable me travel with my husband.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 13, 2016
Udiboy:
This is not really only for the VO pe say!
can I get an estimate of fees involved in Filing an immigration petition for a parent. CR-4 from someone that have done this before.

I know of the standard fee of $420 for I-130 but I am reading about other fees on blogs which is not on the embassy website.eg For affidavit of support, NIV fees etc

For someone that filed for a parent in the last 2 years,
1.please how much was total cost spent on fees?
2. What was estimated processing time?

Note: I understand a different agency handles this and it's said to be expedited but having an estimated time frame won't hurt.
Thank you

The visa petition for a parent is an IR-5.

It's impossible to give an estimated timeframe because so much of it depends on the quality of the information that you provide throughout the application process. It can takes years, or it can take months.

There are no additional fees for affadavit of support, etc. You pay the standard application fee, and then you pay for supporting documents if you don't already have them (i.e. medical report and police report).
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 13, 2016
JECU:
Hello VO
Pls help me. My brother is a citizen in US. He brought my parent over to US 3years ago an now he want to file for me under my parent to come over as an immigrant ,meanwhile I will be getting married Nxt yr Feb. My question is
i want to travel together with my husband after our marriage.
1. Can my husband be allowed to travel with me since we are legally married
2.what kind of visa should he file me?

Pls VO help me out with everything I need to do to enable me travel with my husband.
Thank you

Do you mean can your husband 'immigrate'? If he is on the petition, yes, but getting married often changes your visa class so look at the class under which you have been filed.

You need to look at the various visa classes to determine which best suits your individual needs - I can't advise you on how to best run your life. I suggest you read through this thread as several of these scenarios have already been discussed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by 9jaStar: 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
My Green Card arrived in the mail yesterday, nine weeks after I arrived.
For those immigrating, please pay the ELIS fee before you leave Nigeria.
Friend of mine who arrived before me paid on arrival. Hers is still pending

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tayo2001ng(f): 3:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hi vo, I trust you doing great... My husband who is USC filled for me and we are at Nvc stage. After sending the AOS form and other civil documents . NVC responded they needed to see his {2015} IRS transcript from the most recent tax year. ... {2015} IRS tax schedules.... {2015} [x] W-2 forms... That's an Issue now cos he moved back to Nigeria 2010 and as since been working with Lagos state govt and pay his taxes ... Please I need your advice on how to go about this situation. Looking forward to your respond.... Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 16, 2016
Greetings, VO.

My question concerns the physical required for my husband's CR-1 visa. Is it possible to use a doctor/clinic in Lagos who is a provider for Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield? (I am a U.S. Federal Employee)

Thank you, in advance, for your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by orbis(m): 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
Please how much does the medical examination cost? Are we also required to pay for immunization shots before the interview?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 17, 2016
tayo2001ng:
Hi vo, I trust you doing great... My husband who is USC filled for me and we are at Nvc stage. After sending the AOS form and other civil documents . NVC responded they needed to see his {2015} IRS transcript from the most recent tax year. ... {2015} IRS tax schedules.... {2015} [x] W-2 forms... That's an Issue now cos he moved back to Nigeria 2010 and as since been working with Lagos state govt and pay his taxes ... Please I need your advice on how to go about this situation. Looking forward to your respond.... Thank you

In order to petition for an immigrant visa for you, he needs to be residing in the U.S. this is why they expect U.S. tax records.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 17, 2016
orbis:
Please how much does the medical examination cost? Are we also required to pay for immunization shots before the interview?

Please read through the thread, this has already been discussed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Summer15: 12:23am On Oct 19, 2016
Please advice VO,
I recently filed for my husband and he joined me in 2016 this Feb and i have come to realize we are not compatible is there a way his conditional visa because our marriage is less than two years not be permanent? I am not willing to continue with the marriage.. can he go back to Nigeria or just remain here but i am not helping or signing in removing conditions. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.