Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

‘italian Admirer’ Swindles Disabled Grandma - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ‘italian Admirer’ Swindles Disabled Grandma (590 Views)

Lady Shares Chat As Her Admirer Dies Barely 24 Hours After Chatting / 18-Year-Old Italian Model Auctions Her Virginity To Buy Her Parents A House / Nigerian Grandpa And White Grandma Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘italian Admirer’ Swindles Disabled Grandma by JoelNkantaBlog: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
Widow Chrissie Williams was convinced she had met her perfect man online.

The disabled gran-of-seven fell for handsome oil-rig worker Matteo Pozzelli* and they began to plan their future together.
But the Italian hunk suddenly suffered a run of serious bad luck that required Chrissie to bail him out financially.
His last disaster was being mown down by a car and left in a COMA.

Jobless Chrissie sent her man money despite having never met him. She even pawned her wedding ring from her late husband.
Then police told her to contact BA, which led her to discover she was the victim of a scheming conman.

Pozzelli turned out to be a fraudster who had conned her out of more than £1,000 using a series of cruel lies.
Heartbroken Chrissie, 52, says: “I got sucked in. Matteo, or whoever he really is, built up my confidence and used it to get money out of me. I sent him £1,200 altogether and I’m still paying back a loan.”

Chrissie’s husband of 25 years, Terry, died of cancer in 2012. After being alone for three years she was flattered by the attentions of Pozzelli, 59, when he began wooing her on Facebook in March.

Chrissie, from Bath, says: “He messaged me on Facebook asking if I was interested in chatting and we would speak online most days, evenings and nights.

WIDOW Chrissie Williams was convinced she had met her perfect man online.
The disabled gran-of-seven fell for handsome oil-rig worker Matteo Pozzelli* and they began to plan their future together.
But the Italian hunk suddenly suffered a run of serious bad luck that required Chrissie to bail him out financially.

His last disaster was being mown down by a car and left in a COMA.

Jobless Chrissie sent her man money despite having never met him. She even pawned her wedding ring from her late husband.
Then police told her to contact BA, which led her to discover she was the victim of a scheming conman.

Pozzelli turned out to be a fraudster who had conned her out of more than £1,000 using a series of cruel lies.
Heartbroken Chrissie, 52, says: “I got sucked in. Matteo, or whoever he really is, built up my confidence and used it to get money out of me. I sent him £1,200 altogether and I’m still paying back a loan.”

Chrissie’s husband of 25 years, Terry, died of cancer in 2012. After being alone for three years she was flattered by the attentions of Pozzelli, 59, when he began wooing her on Facebook in March.

Chrissie, from Bath, says: “He messaged me on Facebook asking if I was interested in chatting and we would speak online most days, evenings and nights.

She says: “He said Matteo had been beaten up and arrested because his visa had run out. It did seem weird, but I had to do something.
“I gathered together old jewellery, necklaces, my old wedding ring, my mum’s wedding ring and pawned the lot for £148.” Chrissie sent that money on, then took out a loan of £500 and sent £300 of it to Ghana, to rescue Pozzelli.

She would end up paying back almost double but saw it as a small price to pay for her man’s safety.

Chrissie says: “The agent would collect the money while Matteo waited at the airport. He’d then book a flight.
“Matteo called later though. He said his agent hadn’t been in touch and he was worried. He asked me to call him.

“When I phoned the agent, Abraham, he said he was in hospital. He’d been beaten and mugged and the money had been stolen.
“He said his keys and phone had gone, too. That’s what first made me think something wasn’t right. If he’d lost his phone, then what was I talking to him on?

“Matteo went to see him in hospital, then sent me a picture of Abraham with blood all down his back. I felt so guilty for not believing him.”
After all the bad luck, Chrissie was desperate to get Matteo out of Africa. She offered to send another £300, the rest of the loan plus some benefits money she’d just been paid, and urged Matteo to go straight to the airport.

But the following day, Abraham called Chrissie to say Matteo had been run over and was in a coma.
Chrissie says: “I was so confused and so worried. Abraham went to see him in hospital and sent me a picture of his flight ticket. He’d nearly made it home.”

Anxious, she went to the police station and showed the officer the flight ticket.
She was puzzled when he advised speaking to BA. The airline confirmed there was no such flight. Chrissie realised she had been conned.
A few days later Pozzelli was back in touch. She says: “He said he was being kicked out of hospital for not paying his medical bills. He asked for £50. I said I’d look around, but I wasn’t going to give him another penny.”

Chrissie realised she wasn’t the only victim after contacting others on his page. One said he’d asked her for £500.
She recalls: “The final straw was finding the injured picture of Abraham all over the internet. It was some poor guy from the 2013 Kenya mall attack.

“My eyes were wide open then. I sent Matteo (Click the link below to read more)
<[url: http://www.primeviewsng.com]>

(1) (Reply)

Diwali Rangoli Images Free Download / When You Regret Losing Your Virginity For Whatever Reason / Does Every Relationship Lead To Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.