Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

What Am I To Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Am I To Do? (859 Views)

Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? / Am I To Be Blamed? / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Am I To Do? by love4ucr(f): 12:41pm On May 03, 2009
Quite long i apologise.

My best friend is a man, I have known in all my life, right from Nigeria. We stayed in the same neighbourhood, went to the same university and even work in the same place but different floors. My family are so use to him that you might be forgiven for thinking he is one of us.

Problem is my man is not comfortable with him at all, which is causing friction between both of us (there was this time when my man went on and on and on about how I am cheating on him because I kiss my best friend on the lips to say hello & goodbye, and other little things like that. . . he is gay by the way)
I have done my best to try and make then friends or at least be civil with each other but all to no avail, I have tried barbecue, organised day out, even season tickets it just isn’t working.
My best friend is willing to be friends or at least civil with him but my man isn’t. I feel he is a bit homophobic even though he denies it.

I love both of them very much albeit in different ways and it really hurt when they cannot at least be civil with each other. We are now at the point where they avoid each other at all cause. E.g. my best friend didn’t come for my mum’s birthday just because Christian was going to be there.

To be honest it has been going on for a couple of years and I sort off overlooked it but since things are getting very serious between me and Christian I will like to nip it in the bud once and for all. What am I do? Any helpful suggestion on how can they be friends or at least comfortable in each others present will be appreciated thanks.
Re: What Am I To Do? by touchmeder: 12:46pm On May 03, 2009
because I kiss my best friend on the lips to say hello & goodbye, and other little things like that. . . he is gay by the way)

you should not do that my dear even if he is gay
Aint u gona marry this man tomorrow, is this how you wil put your bestfriend before your husband?
one's gota give way for anoda wink
u do d choosing
Re: What Am I To Do? by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 03, 2009
because I kiss my best friend on the lips to say hello & goodbye, and other little things like that.
If I were your man I wouldnt tolerate the kiss one bit. and I will never be a friend to your friend cos that may enable him lose caution. there are things you shouldnt do to set a boundary between a friend and soulmate. you have to limit how much time you spend with the gay friend of yours.
Re: What Am I To Do? by SoAmazing(m): 1:05pm On May 03, 2009
@poster, methinks you're bleeped up and sound like a bi-sexual.Thought you said your friend's gay?Must you kiss him on the lips to say buh bye?How can you kiss a man on the lips for whatever reason and expect your hubby to be glad 'bout it?Turn the table around for a coupla minutes in your head.How would you feel if your husband kisses a lady friend of his on the lips and you're there looking on?It sucks to think you're even trying to bring the two of them together.Well, maybe when you eventually succeed in making them friends you can experiment with the two at the same time, right?What you're to do?Either leave you husband for your friend or call it quits with your friend if you really love your husband and cherish your marriage.Remember, what goes 'round comes 'round.Don't be surprised if your husband gets even with you by giving what he gives you to another woman, okay?
Re: What Am I To Do? by Igwe9(m): 1:11pm On May 03, 2009
touchmeder:

Aint u gona marry this man tomorrow, is this how you wil put your bestfriend before your husband?
u do d choosing

you 're right, she screwed everything up by kissing the bestfriend, i thought her husband should also be her bestfriend. sad
Re: What Am I To Do? by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 03, 2009
i just tire for some pple sha.

threadstarter is simply full of sh1t.
Re: What Am I To Do? by ibrokay(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2009
Ur best friend is a man,i cant take that if i were ur husband,u even kiss in public places.It is better you reduce your closeness with ur so called friend(Boyfriend or man friend) if u really need ur man or marriage.Who knows wether u guys are even,
Re: What Am I To Do? by SoAmazing(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2009
@poster, maybe a party among you, your husband and your so-called gay friend will settle your confused soul!
Re: What Am I To Do? by love4ucr(f): 5:22pm On May 03, 2009
touchmeder:

u do d choosing

It has just always been like that, ever since I can remember, there is nothing to it. I have never thought for once that he might be jealous or whatsoever. I suppose I was brought up that way we do the whole kissing on the lips thing in my family and since i see him as a part of the family. . . . . . . Mind it is close lips kissing though.
Thanks all the same
Re: What Am I To Do? by love4ucr(f): 5:24pm On May 03, 2009
Thanks all.
Re: What Am I To Do? by follypimpi(m): 5:29pm On May 03, 2009
Well 4 sure one is got to GO,sad your Hubby is mking u pick sum1.
Re: What Am I To Do? by IFELEKE(m): 5:34pm On May 03, 2009
@Poster,
Oftentimes,guys feel threatened by their lady's male friend.I am sure your guy didnt develop this hatred for your friend from the beginning of your relationship,Your actions might have prompted it so I'll advise you give your man some attention/reassurance he deserves,your friend should understand if he is really a friend.
Re: What Am I To Do? by iice(f): 6:39pm On May 03, 2009
SoAmazing!:

@poster, methinks you're bleeped up and sound like a bi-sexual.Thought you said your friend's gay?Must you kiss him on the lips to say buh bye?How can you kiss a man on the lips for whatever reason and expect your hubby to be glad 'bout it?Turn the table around for a coupla minutes in your head.How would you feel if your husband kisses a lady friend of his on the lips and you're there looking on?It sucks to think you're even trying to bring the two of them together.Well, maybe when you eventually succeed in making them friends you can experiment with the two at the same time, right?What you're to do?Either leave you husband for your friend or call it quits with your friend if you really love your husband and cherish your marriage.Remember, what goes 'round comes 'round.Don't be surprised if your husband gets even with you by giving what he gives you to another woman, okay?

What's bi-sexual in her post? The guy is gay.
What is wrong in bringing two people who are important in her life together?
From best friend who is gay and husband into experimenting?

@Poster,
Just stop kissing him on the lips. . .some people can't handle that.
No matter how much we believe males are the logical species, sometimes it's not about them thinking logically.
You may not understand your man's point, but to lessen the tension between the two men and your man with you, adhere to his wishes.
Re: What Am I To Do? by Secretz(f): 7:04pm On May 03, 2009
@ poster!
Please firstly put yourself in your mans shoes (and objectively/honestly think about how it will look and feel). You have already decided you wanna marry your guy, so tell me how will this 'closeness' between you and your 'gay friend' still operate once married? Your newly found husband should really be your 'true' best friend. And I think you should ask yourself how many people are in the relationship, cos the last time I checked 3's a crowd. No one is saying stop the friendship, but stop kissing you 'gay friend' and keep the friendship an actual 'friendship'.

(1) (Reply)

Re: I'm Head Over Heels In Luv Wit A 15 Year Old Girl / Why Are So Many Young Nigerian Women Fat Like Old Mamma? / Can You Express Yourself To Just Anyone You Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.