Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? (1168 Views)

He Is Spreading HIV, Am I To Blame? / The Day A Homosexual Romanced Me Inside The BRT Bus / My Experience With A Homosexual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Sisichicago: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
Check out other lovely posts on www.graciemama.com
The blogger sure knows how to write really well.

I was once the most judgmental kid that ever lived on the surface of the earth. If things weren’t done my way or how I have known it to be, I had term it as being wrong or utter nonsense. I grew up in the Western part of Nigeria and saw Yoruba females kneeling down to greet their elders and I thought to myself that these ladies must either be seeking a favor or are just plainly doing “eye service”. The whole scenario of kneeling down just amuses me till date.
I have once labeled any lady with double ear holes and who smokes as a wayward and undisciplined person. I also referred guys with dreadlocks and tattoos as being uncultured and gangsters. I was very opinionated about how things should be. Nothing could change the “HYPOCRITICAL AND JUDGMENTAL ME”.
But then, growing older made me change my perceptions of so many things. I learnt the hard way on how to be receptive to people’s opinions, culture and way of thinking. I am still learning that. I have also grown to appreciate the Yoruba culture. I try as much as possible to respect people’s decisions and cultures even when I strongly have my reservations.
However, the issue of “being gay” is a fact I have not just come to terms with and I may never ever do. I still wonder how two grown men will come together and decide to live as a couple and have children too. How does “bone and bone” flow though? All the brouhaha and the heated debates that have arisen due to the “legalization of homosexuals” still baffles me.
I may never get to understand why two adults will make such a decision but I just wish the whole idea of being gay was a decision left unimagined and never heard of. I just have mixed feelings when I see a really cute Hollywood star coming out to declare that he is gay. If I am permitted, that’s just an under-utilization of human resources.
I don’t have to disapprove or approve of a homosexual because I am straight. I will keep working at respecting your sexual orientation but then I still will never get to understand why and may never come to terms with your decision. After all, it’s not like they are killing and abducting people like the Boko Haram or they are embezzling money like our politicians. Anyways who am I to judge, we are all sinners. Let God be the judge over each and every one of us.

1 Like

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by ayatt(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by pTomz(m): 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by BlackrulesDworld(m): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nina4u(f): 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
I want to say something bout the anti gay laws in Naija ...... 14 years in jail not for murder ...not for rape ...not for parading people naked on the streets ...not for jungle justice but for love another person with same sex ...
I believe it is the role of the Nigerian president to protect the interest of the citizens of the state ( Minority included).
I mean this is one of the core reasons beeing a president...
So i don't understand why he would pass such law and endanger the lives of the citizens to whom he pledge to protect.
I read an article about a week ago that praised a so called experiment which "proves gay is wrong" this made me laugh till dawn as this man appears to be comparing the fact that north and south poles of two magnets were attracted to each other while the same poles repel.
I mean what has this got to do with living creatures.
This is stupidity and retardness at work.
This was also referred to in the article as a ground breaking finding. I think you will find that this "ground breaking experiment" is one that a secondary school student would have taken part in at a very basic level of their science or biology course. This is a shame to the university of Lagos who appeared to endorse this writing.
In regards to those ignorant fools tending to justify their hatred of gay people by using the bible, maybe you guys should look into your own act before you judge.
Is it not the bible that says judge not so that you may not be judged?.Prostitution is forbidden in the bible and when people were throwing stones at a prostitute, did Jesus join in on throwing the stones? No he didn't. So why are we all joining and hailing on people who are physically assaulting gay people? if u got to pay u gfriend or go shopping with her or else no sex shes a prostitute ... Love don't cost a thing ... Give her air time ..pay rent ..by hair or clothes ..shes a prostitute ... Tell her to get a freakin job??
Why are we taking laws into our own hands? Are we as human so barbaric?
Let he is without sin cast the first stone? does this sound familiar?
I am sure the president isnt without sin, i am sure all of you people judging gay people are not without sin so why are we cast the first stone? does this not mean this is against the bible and immoral? does this not mean that all you people will go to hell??
What i feel is the problem here is that people are afraid of embracing something different.
I mean back in the old days "twins" were believed to be evil spirits and a curse.... This is because they are different from so called "normality" and are thereby killed if not for Mary Slessor twins wouldn't exist in Nigeria even till today.
Does that mean we should criminalize people who give birth to twins??
People who are willing to criminalize homosexuality to me are ignorant, foolish and are criminals themselves. Yes it is true in the bible that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of this. But di God not also destroy the world in the time of Noah for the sins in the world such has lying, adultery, stealing etc?
Should we then start beating and killing people that we suspect are liars, cheaters, fraudsters on the street. I think you will all agree that we will find most pastors, reverends, imams and so on in this position. Maybe we should start beating,jailing, and killing them all too because God destroyed the world because of such sins.
I suggest we all practice what we preach and look into our own acts first before judging the acts of others. Because these people are minorities and straight people are the majority doesn't make them "defective" in any way.
There are more right handed people in the world that there are left handed ... does this mean they are less smarter, possessed in some way, unnatural or missing a brain cell??..
What i am getting at is not everyone is the same, we are different and there is a reason why we are different, no one knows.embrace it, it doesnt mean we are worth anyless than others... stop hating on these people ... because u know what ...they don't affect ur daily living ... stay away from them its all they don't kill people they show love and to take away their freedom for 14 years is wickedness ... Go catch a killer instead ...the people that stood around watching Aluu4 getting murdered without anybody doing something to stop it but video tape it and uploading the video .. U are all criminals that was there that day ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
"grin" wink
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nina4u:
I want to say something bout the anti gay laws in Naija ...... 14 years in jail not for murder ...not for rape ...not for parading people naked on the streets ...not for jungle justice but for love another person with same sex ...
I believe it is the role of the Nigerian president to protect the interest of the citizens of the state ( Minority included).
So i don't understand why he would pass such law and endanger the lives of the citizens to whom he pledge to protect.
I read an article about a week ago that praised a so called experiment which "proves gay is wrong" this made me laugh till dawn as this man appears to be comparing the fact that north and south poles of two magnets were attracted to each other while the same poles repel.
This was also referred to in the article as a ground breaking finding. I think you will find that this "ground breaking experiment" is one that a secondary school student would have taken part in at a very basic level of their science or biology course. This is a shame to the university of Lagos who appeared to endorse this writing.
In regards to those ignorant fools tending to justify their hatred of gay people by using the bible, maybe you guys should look into your own act before you judge.
Is it not the bible that says judge not so that you may not be judged?.Prostitution is forbidden in the bible and when people were throwing stones at a prostitute, did Jesus join in on throwing the stones? No he didn't. So why are we all joining and hailing on people who are physically assaulting gay people? if u got to pay u gfriend or go shopping with her or else no sex shes a prostitute ... Love don't cost a thing ... Give her air time ..pay rent ..by hair or clothes ..shes a prostitute ... Tell her to get a freakin job??
I am sure the president isnt without sin, i am sure all of you people judging gay people are not without sin so why are we cast the first stone? does this not mean this is against the bible and immoral? does this not mean that all you people will go to hell??
What i feel is the problem here is that people are afraid of embracing something different.
I mean back in the old days "twins" were believed to be evil spirits and a curse.... This is because they are different from so called "normality" and are thereby killed if not for Mary Slessor twins wouldn't exist in Nigeria even till today.
People who are willing to criminalize homosexuality to me are ignorant, foolish and are criminals themselves. Yes it is true in the bible that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of this. But di God not also destroy the world in the time of Noah for the sins in the world such has lying, adultery, stealing etc?
Should we then start beating and killing people that we suspect are liars, cheaters, fraudsters on the street. I think you will all agree that we will find most pastors, reverends, imams and so on in this position. Maybe we should start beating,jailing, and killing them all too because God destroyed the world because of such sins.
I suggest we all practice what we preach and look into our own acts first before judging the acts of others. Because these people are minorities and straight people are the majority doesn't make them "defective" in any way.
There are more right handed people in the world that there are left handed ... does this mean they are less smarter, possessed in some way, unnatural or missing a brain cell??..
What i am getting at is not everyone is the same, we are different and there is a reason why we are different, no one knows.embrace it, it doesnt mean we are worth anyless than others... stop hating on these people ... because u know what ...they don't affect ur daily living ... stay away from them its all they don't kill people they show love and to take away their freedom for 14 years is wickedness ... Go catch a killer instead ...the people that stood around watching Aluu4 getting murdered without anybody doing something to stop it but video tape it and uploading the video .. U are all criminals that was there that day ...
Damn! girl, U take coke?? champagne? flavored Water? U really deserve one!! "grin" shocked

I just think Nigeria would be a better place if people just learnt howtah mind their own BUSINESS!!!!

Like what two grownups do in the confines of their homes should be their business and No-one else's!!! undecided it should only be A crime if you're hurting someone...cry

5 Likes

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nina4u(f): 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
Estharfabian:
Damn! girl, U take coke?? champagne? flavored Water? U really deserve one!! "grin" shocked

I just think Nigeria would be a better place if people just learnt howtah mind their own BUSINESS!!!!

Like what two grownups do in the confines of their homes should be their business and No-one else's!!! undecided it should only be A crime if you're hurting someone...cry
i belive its not the goverments buissnes who u should love and what not ..leave the jugement to God .... They dont kill ppl like boko haram ..their priorities is messed up ..And no im not gay ...my fiancee is a musician in Lagos ..we are getting married next year ... Im just saying ..there is a lot of other things that is far more important to take care of ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by TOMTOM15(m): 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
or
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Klinee: 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nina4u:
i belive its not the goverments buissnes who u should love and what not ..leave the jugement to God .... They dont kill ppl like boko haram ..their priorities is messed up ..And no im not gay ...my fiancee is a musician in Lagos ..we are getting married next year ... Im just saying ..there is a lot of other things that is far more important to take care of ....
you are a goat!!
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Klinee: 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nina4u:
fool!!!!
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
While i don't really like the act of homosexuality, i just don't know how it works. hence i cannot condemn it.

I would really like to take time to observe homosexuals. to at least try and interact with them, get them in my monkeyzone before i decided whether to condemn them or not. it's easy to call for their deaths when you don't know them. but would your feelings change if you actually knew one? or if you were close to one? this is what i need to find out.

what if it is inborn? or some sort of medical anomaly which can be cured? is it a conscious decision that is preventable? so many things. one cannot simply dismiss them. or make stiff laws for them. that's just ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by ststyreal(f): 12:22am On Nov 05, 2015
Nina4u:
If u are not gay now, u are in d process of being one in future cos it is in u like Miliki peak.#truth

1 Like

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nina4u(f): 12:28am On Nov 05, 2015
Klinee:
you are a goat!!
Thanx ...and i would with confidence say that you are a very ignorant person

1 Like

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nina4u(f): 12:30am On Nov 05, 2015
ststyreal:

If u are not gay now, u are in d process of being one in future cos it is in u like Miliki peak.#truth
i adore men ...gay ppl never hurt nobody ..i say it again ..its not the goverments job to deside what u do in the bedroom ..

3 Likes

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 05, 2015
The sense in your post is 6%. Nigerians are not well- exposed to this gay ish like four years ago. The question is why do some people prefer to feed on any shiit pooped by Americans ? Talk about mental slavery going on among educated but illiterate set of people.

Y'all should quit spreading this immorality in Nigeria. Few years back, Nigerians are not into porn videos or recording oneself during intercourse. Seems common now.

We are people of cultures and values. We don't have to worship such a country where teens are made to record sex videos and women with animal, a country where sexual immoralities has become a thing of pride. Even 60plus women are into porn. A country of people with weak character.

The Jesus you mentioned even warned everyone to quit every form of evil and immorality. So what ?

Nina4u:

1 Like

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by vislabraye(m): 12:33am On Nov 05, 2015
Nina4u:

From your argument it shows that you have an ulterior motive. Homosexuality is wrong and the bible condemns it.
It's one thing condemning homosexuals and it's another thing to condemn the act. The fact that some people are more comfortable with prostitution than homosexuality, does not still justify the act. Both are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by ststyreal(f): 12:49am On Nov 05, 2015
Nina4u:
i adore men ...gay ppl never hurt nobody ..i say it again ..its not the goverments job to deside what u do in the bedroom ..
But our culture frowns at it, and secondly it's a strange disease to Africa and Nigeria in particular which have a way of infecting others if not treated. Thirdly, our forefathers, including Adam and eve, who happens to be God's first creation were created male and female by God and ask to multiply the world not Adam and Adam. Fourthly, this is an end time agenda of the devil. God is not foolish to have given Adam, eve as a partner, the Devil, knowing fully well that the end is near, introduce the spirit of disobedience and foolishness into the world, and there u are comfortably supporting what he that created u condemned. Evil is evil my brother. Abraham was never a gay man, Isaac and Jacob were never gay, even Solomon that love the things of this world enjoys his sexual escapades with women and not men, and u are there, justifying and patting evil at the back, u better ask God for forgiveness. Homosexuality is a sin before God and a morally sane person, period.

1 Like

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by richie9093(m): 1:47am On Nov 05, 2015
Nina4u:

I agree with everything you just said except the president"s part. The president doesnt pass the law, the Senate does. I cant say Im homophobic but I dont just get the idea behind it because my sister, toto sweet gaan. Even the smell dey peperi me.

Moving on, using the bible to speak against homosexuality is Wrong because the bible contradicts itself in so many ways (book of Leviticus for example).

A more reasonable argument would be that its against Nature and I would totally agree with you becuase even two bulls cant be seen sleeping with each other. Its unethical.

All in all, I dont hate homosexuals but my own be say make Gaybriel no carry him own come my side.
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by sarmiie(m): 7:18am On Nov 05, 2015
The butthurt on this thread is A-MAZE-BALLS
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by faith551(m): 8:12am On Nov 05, 2015
Nina4u:

God knows I didn't read this poo, but from the first paragraph I see where ure traveling to, let me ask you something, what about in Asian countries like China, where homosexuality is published by banishment, or Iran where it attracts a death penalty, are this countries black too?
One thing with we black is that we are not proud of our culture and ethics, we are always the first to jump into every silly western lifestyle.
From approving it, they'll now gain grounds to start molesting innocent ppl, even without approving it, how many gay rape cases have you her about in Nigeria? And most of their victims are kids

1 Like

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by faith551(m): 8:20am On Nov 05, 2015
Every body has reasons for he's or her actions, even stupidity might even have a reason behind it,give shekau an upportunity and he'll tell you the reason behind the murder of innocent soul, and might even convince you to join his cause, but that doesn't make it right.
I have a question for all this brainwashed disorganised gay lovers,
Even without without the LGBT bill been passed into law which makes it an illegal act, how many gay rape cases has Nigeria recorded? And most of this rape victims are gullible kids.
No!!, my kids can not grow up in a country where they'll be sexually molested by fellow kids of thesame sex, of course anyone of them making an advance on me is already dead

1 Like

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2015
vislabraye:

From your argument it shows that you have an ulterior motive. Homosexuality is wrong and the bible condemns it.
It's one thing condemning homosexuals and it's another thing to condemn the act. The fact that some people are more comfortable with prostitution than homosexuality, does not still justify the act. Both are wrong.
Yes! we know the Bible condemns it! undecided And the Bible Also condemns Cheating, Lies, stealing, fornication(which everyone is guilty of), Adultery, seduction, prostitution, Embezzling, Masturbation, wearing trousers, alcohol....We should leave the judgment to God! And NoOne Else's! I've seen countries where gays are Hunted down like Animals! tell me who gave them the fvcking right to do so? like are the God?

people lie everyday! they steal daily! they smoke weed everyday! they fornicate daily! they sin daily! Buh When it comes to other people's lil sin...they wanna give 14yrs in prison?? like Are they mad? lipsrsealed

HOMOSEXUALITY SHOULD ONLY BE A CRIME IF THIS PEOPLE PRACTISING IT ARE HURTING ANYONE!....if the government wanna make it illegal...they should as well make fornication Illegal too...coz the Bible said so! fvcking ignorant hypocrites!

FYI...I like guys only...undecided "grin" I just hate hypocrites! especially when they wanna judge it because it's A sin...thunder fire them all! "grin"

2 Likes

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Klinee: 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
Estharfabian:
Yes! we know the Bible condemns it! undecided And the Bible Also condemns Cheating, Lies, stealing, fornication(which everyone is guilty of), Adultery, seduction, prostitution, Embezzling, Masturbation, wearing trousers, alcohol....We should leave the judgment to God! And NoOne Else's! I've seen countries where gays are Hunted down like Animals! tell me who gave them the fvcking right to do so? like are the God?

people lie everyday! they steal daily! they smoke weed everyday! they fornicate daily! they sin daily! Buh When it comes to other people's lil sin...they wanna give 14yrs in prison?? like Are they mad? lipsrsealed

HOMOSEXUALITY SHOULD ONLY BE A CRIME IF THIS PEOPLE PRACTISING IT ARE HURTING ANYONE!....if the government wanna make it illegal...they should as well make fornication Illegal too...coz the Bible said so! fvcking ignorant hypocrites!

FYI...I like guys only...undecided "grin" I just hate hypocrites! especially when they wanna judge it because it's A sin...thunder fire them all! "grin"
you are a foolish gay! Many do not condemn gay becos of biblical citation
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Klinee:
you are a foolish gay! Many do not condemn gay becos of biblical citation
Ebot! undecided

it's crossriverian Language for "Goat"....undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Klinee: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Estharfabian:

you are a foolish gay! Many do not condemn gay becos of biblical citation rather is becos of how barbaric and devilish its. Comparing cheating with gay is like comparing it(cheating) with boko haram. As a christian God gave us right to judge earthly thats why we go against evil acts(gay,boko haram,canibalist etc) in order to save human from going into extintion. So therefore judging from bible against those barbaric evil acts is right becos bible is against it too.
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Klinee: 8:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
Nina4u:
Thanx ...and i would with confidence say that you are a very ignorant person
If i get u wetin i go Bleep u only god know!
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
Klinee:
you are a foolish gay! Many do not condemn gay becos of biblical citation rather is becos of how barbaric and devilish its. Comparing cheating with gay is like comparing it(cheating) with boko haram. As a christian God gave us right to judge earthly thats why we go against evil acts(gay,boko haram,canibalist etc) in order to save human from going into extintion. So therefore judging from bible against those barbaric evil acts is right becos bible is against it too.
shut up child! undecided
Re: Who Am I To Judge An Homosexual? by Klinee: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
Estharfabian:
shut up child! undecided
Do u know that i senior your parent? Fool!

(1) (Reply)

WTH!! Instagram Model Posts A Selfie Of What Her Butt Looked Like Immediately Af / Neighbor Displaying Weird Behaviour? / She Claims She Loves Me But Never Called For Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.