Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through (44397 Views)

What Did Someone Do On A First Date That Made You Know It's A NO!!!!? / I Did This To A Girl And She Never Came To My Place Again.. Am I Wrong?? / He Ran Away And Never Came Back After Our Wedding Introduction, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Johnkantius97(m): 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

pls God had nothing to do with your extreme myopia and close mindedness......... just look at the nónsense you wrote up there and you want to say God made that happen?

"Giving up my faith"...... WTF!!!??

So the girl you were dating wasn't a true Christian like you abi?
since she is not Catholic.

if that is what your church teaches you, then you're just a brainwashed ídiot.

The Catholic Church has it's laws which has been passed down for more than a thousand years.

NO means NO!

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by murphyibiam15(m): 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
teddybear007:

Sorry if I ve to quote u, but truth has to be said. The pentecostal churches ve no issue with d catholics or other denomination but it is d Catholics who thinks that they re more holy dan d other denomination. Gracias.
bloody liar and hypocrite...why not speak for ursef...

in the university here i school isnt it the pentecostals always bashing on the catholics..

kwue ihe doro gi anya
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by DipoDee: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
SMH.. this whole thing shows how people act stupid coz of religion. BTW, where will God keep all of you IF you get to heaven. Since the Catholic will not marry a protestant on earth. Will Deeperlifers agree to worship with Olumba Olumba members in heaven, will there be statutes of Mary and rosaries in heaven for the Catholics to pray with or will God divide all of you into different congregation or what.
Na wah oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Owliver(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
Am a catholic no compromise. around June this year i asked my parish priest where i currently serve. "will other protestants make heaven?" he said "those who follow the instructions of Christ will make heaven. catholic or not" but my dad has always warned he'll never go for any wedding outside catholic church. i guess people are sometimes over-religious. take heart OP
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by rosalieene(f): 5:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
funkybully:

My dear Na true na. Hope u are Catholic, I fit begin eye u now. wink
Confirmed Catholic!!
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by funkybully(f): 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2015
rosalieene:

Confirmed Catholic!!

Nice one. U are in my radar henceforth
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Owliver(m): 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
teddybear007:

Sorry if I ve to quote u, but truth has to be said. The pentecostal churches ve no issue with d catholics or other denomination but it is d Catholics who thinks that they re more holy dan d other denomination. Gracias.
you are a bloody liar. as a catholic during my school days i attended protestant churches through out. even while serving i relate with nccf in camp and out of camp. catholics don't have issue attending Protestant churches. it is Protestant churches who have problem with catholic church. smh
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Owliver(m): 5:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
catholics can attend any church but protestants cant attend catholic church. they'll first be disgusted by the sight of image and scream "image worshippers" lol
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by maryhaam(f): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
Cutehector:
alright leme gv u an insight.... Long time ago, thr was a man called martin luther, he used to be a catholic priest... He brought forth questions regarding the catholic church and made so many theories whch were contradicting the catholic faith, this led to a break up in d catholic church and he was ex communicated... Some people who believed in his teachings left d catholic church and followed him.. Martin luther protested against the teachings of d catholic church and that led to the birth of a new faction called the protestants... Martin luther is the founder of the protestant church, examples of thesse churches are redeemed christain church of God, salvation ministeries, dominion city, etc... Do u understand?

U can google martin luther (founder of protestant church) and get to know more... Its not a bad idea to do so.. I google d history of islam too u knw..
waow now I know thank you ,very explantory.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by smilegal84yaho(f): 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
fammo:
My brother, if the man is not ready to accept to your own terms please move on, love and marriage is not a do or die affair. It will be a failure on your part for your family to be ran based on the dictates of another man, what is d guarantee that principle imposition will only be limited to the church your wife and children will attend? Your fiancee too is not helping matters, when she is truely ready to marry you she will take her stand and face her parent......gals plenty out dia, marry the one dat does not come with terms and conditions.....wish you the best in life
yes,it's true gals are plenty out there, but finding someone you truly loves and compatible with is the key.

I was a victim of same dileman but we finally made it to the altar.
Wish you all the best in your pursuit for a life partner
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Frankestein08(m): 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Are u putting a final full stop to ur love story? Given up hope already?

Nne Oma lets start our own online relationship na.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Frankestein08(m): 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
Justdulla:
. Catholics are the Popes People,,, Protestants are The IPOB Biafra people protesting.

lmao, ode ni eleyii o

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Horlamidey25(m): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
It was kinda fun reading ur so called whatever
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by funkyglitz: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
murphyibiam15:

can oyedepo or oyakhilome or any pastor allow their children to marry a catholic?

why all these hypocrisy when we know is two-sided

My dear na ur own cup of tea weda its two sided abi three sided I dnt kia jxt sayin I can change my religion because of marriage if am reli in2 d guy if its christainity cos na one God we dey serve oooo xoooo dnt misjudge my intent #jxt my personal opinion#
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by ghostwritter(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
kle4d:

Oga the Catholic Church does not teach that you marry only Catholics.
Marry any Christian or someone who is willing to be converted to Christianity.
But the truth is a few Catholics never want to go outside the Catholic Church for reasons best known to them.
My elder brother, a catholic, married a Protestant and they are both Catholics today.
The girl I'm liking wink is a Protestant and she will end up a catholic.
We have a lot of Protestants out there who for no reason won't want to be Catholics like the OP (reasons best known to them).
The truth is I WAS BORN CATHOLIC, BRED CATHOLIC AND I WILL DIE A CATHOLIC . NO OFFENCE.
.....AND ENTER CATHOLIC PARADISE abi?
Chai!!
Thank God for my own kind of lifestyle.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by murphyibiam15(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
funkyglitz:

My dear na ur own cup of tea weda its two sided abi three sided I dnt kia jxt sayin I can change my religion because of marriage if am reli in2 d guy if its christainity cos na one God we dey serve oooo xoooo dnt misjudge my intent #jxt my personal opinion#

okay maa....ka udo chia
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Rocktation(f): 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
Her father is principled but then, so are you. If love truly should know no religious boundary, then you should be having that introductory rite by now.
I do not even know when you men began to lovvve going to church sef. Tagging along with the mums to wherever, has always been the trend. My take on this anyway, is if you really love this girl enough to want to be married to her as you're claiming, then you'll compromise with whoever, even if it's just for now. No catholic priest will come to wherever you both settle after marriage to seize the children from you if they don't continue with the faith. Neither do I think that any parent would. If you truly aren't deliberately trying to be impossible, by being confrontational and denouncing a faith that a family has believed in for so many years, just because you want to marry their daughter, then you'll have a rethink and do right by that woman, who apparently has a better understanding of compromise, the fact that there really are no boundaries to love and is willing to make the switch for you.

3 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2015
Please when next u see a girl or a guy that u Like, after exchanging pleasantries, the next thing u should ask him or her is,"what is ur denomination?" Don't love her before asking this question cos its important.

U may say it doesn't mater but I tell u, it will soon become maters arising.
The thing is, everyone wishes to wed in his or her chaurch especially if u were born into it. For instane, I am a catholic and will love to wed in my charch after having received amost all the sacraments and the only one left is matrimony. It will pain me to marry a guy who's in another church. Can attain that church after narriage but will like to wed in my church. And if I have a prospective husband who wants to wed in his own church then there's a problem.
Sometimes I wonder how God feels like when we do this like this.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
Frankestein08:

Nne Oma lets start our own online relationship na.
Lol..I'll fink bout it.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
smsshola:

My dear if he do don't blame the guy there is an extent one can go in life in term of endurance.

The issue wt love has to do with matter of the heart and even though he looks healthy he is suffering within I wish him d best.

By the way u got a nice pics there.
Fank yhu..
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Frankestein08(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Lol..I'll fink bout it.

well, don't keep me waiting. wink

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
Oya over to the singles....

Hook up according to denomination

Am a catholic...single catholic ladies pls pm me.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by suzzy16(f): 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
femi4:
Your parent consent and blessing is very important before a wedding can take place
yess,I'm telling u
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Frankestein08(m): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Please when next u see a girl or a guy that u Like, after exchanging pleasantries, the next thing u should ask him or her is,"what is ur denomination?" Don't love her before asking this question cos its important.

U may say it doesn't mater but I tell u, it will soon become maters arising.
The thing is, everyone wishes to wed in his or her chaurch especially if u were born into it. For instane, I am a catholic and will love to wed in my charch after having received amost all the sacraments and the only one left is matrimony. It will pain me to marry a guy who's in another church. Can attain that church after narriage but will like to wed in my church. And if I have a prospective husband who wants to wed in his own church then there's a problem.
Sometimes I wonder how God feels like when we do this like this.

oh yea, d conversation goes like:

me: Hi sweet
her: hello handsome

me: how u doing?
her: I'm doing good

me: I don't like to beat around d bush so I better say what's on my mind. I saw u sme weeks bak n I liked u although i've been fighting the thoughts of u in my head but it won't go away. do u mind if we see n talk n get acquainted with each oda?
Her: *after all d hard to get stunts* ok set a comfortable tym n place.

*a year later, at Q Bar n Grill*

me: will you marry me?
her: omg!!! yes! yes!! yes!!! *tears*

me: ehen ehen...baby come o, which denomination are your people from?
her: catholic

me: hmmm...ok gimme dat 25karat ring I proposed wit, it's over!!!
*The End*

am sure it'll be that easy! tbh tho if I really do love d bae, na elopement sure pass. I cannot let some religion ruin the joy of my soul n am sure there re other way to worship God n He'll definitely understand.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by suzzy16(f): 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2015
funkybully:
Na so one babe wey I dey eye give me condition of either I join Christ embassy or no relationship / marriage.

I did 180° u turn, me no fit leave my Catholic faith for anything.

So I have narrowed my search to Catholicism.
hmmm,re u a lesbian,ur monicker seems female
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by RuuDie(m): 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
fammo:

A woman who can't practice total submission as required b4 marriage will hardly do when you finally are together. This is the problem of many marriages in the world, accepting certain characters and conditions from a spouse before marriage even though you don't like them thinking you can change them when you finally tie the knot. Don't make the mistake of falling for such! The house of unhappiness, strife, quarrels it leads to, where divorce is the next door neighbour....A car dat didn't run 200km/h for you b4 you bought it won't do so after cash exchange hands! cheers

Sample question... Your friends or family, who has more influence on you?
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by sparta(f): 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
missyadorable:
This op sounds like a weakling.Gosh!
And you my dear sound mean and cold. what the heck?
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
ghostwritter:

.....AND ENTER CATHOLIC PARADISE abi?
Chai!!
Thank God for my own kind of lifestyle.
Funny you if you think there is catholic paradise, Protestant paradise and even Islamic paradise as the case may be.
It is not written anywhere that only members of a particular religion or religious sect will enter into paradise.
Leave that to God.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
Frankestein08:

oh yea, d conversation goes like:

me: Hi sweet
her: hello handsome

me: how u doing?
her: I'm doing good

me: I don't like to beat around d bush so I better say what's on my mind. I saw u sme weeks bak n I liked u although i've been fighting the thoughts of u in my head but it won't go away. do u mind if we see n talk n get acquainted with each oda?
Her: *after all d hard to get stunts* ok set a comfortable tym n place.

*a year later, at Q Bar n Grill*

me: will you marry me?
her: omg!!! yes! yes!! yes!!! *tears*

me: ehen ehen...baby come o, which denomination are your people from?
her: catholic

me: hmmm...ok gimme dat 25karat ring I proposed wit, it's over!!!
*The End*

am sure it'll be that easy! tbh tho if I really do love d bae, na elopement sure pass. I cannot let some religion ruin the joy of my soul n am sure there re other way to worship God n He'll definitely understand.

grin grin that's was so funny.
I think u have a point there. Elopement sure pass.
I'm arranging my I may spend a night band bag now to elope with my sweetheart who happens to be a none catholic. grin
We are going to to... I've forgotten the name of the place. By the way, let me tell my people that I'm eloping with a man to a place I don't know grin
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Frankestein08(m): 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2015
MISSCONGENIALITY:
grin grin that's was so funny.
I think u have a point there. Elopement sure pass.
I'm arranging my I may spend a night band bag now to elope with my sweetheart who happens to be a none catholic. grin
We are going to to... I've forgotten the name of the place. By the way, let me tell my people that I'm eloping with a man to a place I don't know grin

lmao, what's d use of eloping if you'll inform dem dat u're eloping. I trust our Nigerian parents, they ll tie u hands n legs n lock u up in one room. Alakoba cheesy
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Lawsimon(m): 9:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
murphyibiam15:

yes...peter was the first pope of the church which is catholic church...u can check it up
Look at this one o...peter died many years before Catholic came into existence.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by pussyphilia(m): 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
marshalcarter:
Didn't read....but I'll get married to an hausa woman....I so love hausa...I'll take her to imo state nd I'll luve her cheesy and kiss her smiley and cherish her wink and cuddle her cheesy and..........the hell outta her grin

Inaso raa nwanyi hausa grin smiley
Effect of hangover grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Caught Lady He Trained In School For 7 Years In A Church With Another Man / How A 15-Year-Old Girl Humbled Me On Facebook / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.