Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through (44392 Views)

What Did Someone Do On A First Date That Made You Know It's A NO!!!!? / I Did This To A Girl And She Never Came To My Place Again.. Am I Wrong?? / He Ran Away And Never Came Back After Our Wedding Introduction, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by money121(m): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2015
Ok
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by omusiliyu(m): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2015
Is this real life story or Nollywood lines
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by johnsonkehinde: 8:06am On Oct 24, 2015
How Excess Weight Affects Your Health
Understanding the Increased Risks to Your Health

Key Points:
Excess pounds do more than increase your weight
—they increase your risk of major health problems. People who are overweight or obese are more likely to have heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancer, and depression.
Fortunately, losing weight can reduce your risk of developing some of these problems

For detailed information on how you can lose weight naturally in 9days follow this trend
https://www.nairaland.com/2684028/healthy-way-get-rid-excess
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by oekehinde: 8:06am On Oct 24, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by donaldoffice: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2015
Gets a son now ... congrats to her

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by churchkilo(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2015
are we still brethren?what a pity
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by osazeeblue01: 8:09am On Oct 24, 2015
Story Story!
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Opetech(m): 8:10am On Oct 24, 2015
fammo:
......gals plenty out dia, marry the one dat does not come with terms and conditions.....
This really got me.

2 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by 0coded80: 8:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Hannysmilez:
Christians and their mini wahala;which one is catholic and protestant again?
catholic is the 1st church of the world while protestant are those that break away 4m it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by WailingWailer00(m): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2015
Mr man, no woman is worth the hassle
All of them na ashewo - Fela

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 24, 2015
missyadorable:
This op sounds like a weakling.Gosh!

You know what a weakling is?? It is one who would have accepted any terms and condition just to be accepted. Is that what you read about the OP?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 24, 2015
God answereth all through Prayer. Good things are not always that easy to get. Pray & ask God to let His will be done.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by femi4: 8:19am On Oct 24, 2015
missyadorable:
Your parent consent and blessing is very important before a wedding can take place

2 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by femi4: 8:20am On Oct 24, 2015
0coded80:
catholic is the 1st church of the world while protestate is those that break away 4m it.
Where is that in the Bible?

And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. They . . . said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven." Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away. (NASB) Acts 1:10-12

5 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by SaiBuharii: 8:20am On Oct 24, 2015
flyca:
OP, I'm going to share two stories briefly with you.
1. June-July 2013, a suitor approached me - he was directed by some of my relatives. But my mum said NO!, same reasons: he is Catholic, I am Anglican. My dad was indifferent. He was an OK guy and all but personally I wasn't feeling him enough to push. So everything went.
But here is one thing the guy told me I really respect. He said we can go to any church to wed. Not that he has anything against my church but that it would break him as a man.
My point is changing church for a woman "would break you as a man". I mean, who is going to run the home, you or her dad?

Deep.

2 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Pidggin(f): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2015
Bros, you for just change your church na. Now see how you've let a good woman go. It's obvious you love her because you know her worth, you will not be the first man to change Church for your potential wife, don't mind some people here lying to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2015
gosh...you are such a good writer.....

About the staunch catholism thing, It's so painful what dogma does to humanity. I hope you find your true wife.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Ayauche(f): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2015
Am also a catholic and I dnt see myself giving up my faith for anything or any1. If u both really love each other as u proclaim then u can come to an agreement. Dis isn't a new situation and couples do overcome them. Dnt end ur love story if really there is one. Dnt listen to advise 4rm anyone rather do what ur heart tells u. Advises will only confuse u the more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 24, 2015
Looks complicated
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by queencalipso(f): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

pls God had nothing to do with your extreme myopia and close mindedness......... just look at the nónsense you wrote up there and you want to say God made that happen?

"Giving up my faith"...... WTF!!!??

So the girl you were dating wasn't a true Christian like you abi?
since she is not Catholic.

if that is what your church teaches you, then you're just a brainwashed ídiot.

Thank you my brother I donnt understand this fuss about being a catholic and protestant for me iwill marry anyone be it a catholic orwhat ever so long as he is a christain we are all serving one God for crying out loud the way we choose. To do it should not be an issue. These things can be annoying honestly angry wtf.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by 4C2215131: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2015
darknez:
You are hurting and for that I empathize with you. My story is strikingly similar to yours. I am based in Lagos, she in PH; I am Catholic, she is technically not a Catholic. Our Introduction was fixed for the 27th of August, 2015 but this was never to be, as today we aren't togethert, and like you, I was crushed by this realisation.

However, a notable difference between you and I is that I have since gone past my hurt and I do not particularly hold anyone or group, be it individuals, Church or family, responsible for our not being together today. I simply took it as God's will. If indeed God had willed that she be my wife, we would still be together today.

The truth is, if you are looking to get married and bring up your children as Protestants, I would advise that you do not waste your time with Catholic ladies who cherish their faith, for it is something that they are prepared to give their life for, let alone give it up so cheaply for the sake of marriage.

I am a Catholic and I do not see myself given up my faith for anyone. It is too precious a gift. Your story is quite sad and from the standpoint of one who has that experience, though in reverse, I understand your hurt perfectly. When I was hurting, I felt physical pains in my heart, for which the scars are still there even though I have gone past it.

Thence, I urge you, in the strongest terms possible, to move on. Moving on is never easy but it brings in its wake, a healing we cannot fathom. Crying over spilt milk is never worth it. Pick yourself up and find love again. This time, get someone you are compatible with in totality, to include a compatibility of faith.

I seem to agree with you. It takes a real independent and stubborn catholic to switch sides based on marriage. My guys who are catholics do not compromise on this stand and I'm talking of full fledged don't-give-a- Bleep individuals. When it comes to that, they give a zillion fuucks!

3 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2015
op ur story is just a fiction of nolly..wil the man live wit u when u marry her daugter,.u shuld av accept terms n condition even u knw dat is nt possible to keep to it

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by ijecks(f): 8:28am On Oct 24, 2015
..its very ironical that Protestants are always attracted to men and women from the catholic church likewise catholics too but I've observed one thing some actually see it as conversion both from the catholics and protestants as well,there is this thrill of bringing a new person into the church with the mind that its conversion which is absolutely not .but if u are made for one another the marriage work out but your faith in Christ should never diminish.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by fabre4: 8:28am On Oct 24, 2015
Mehhn av never felt more emotional after reading a story than this....mixture of anger and sympathy that's what's going on in my mind. I would advise u to move on, you don't wanna av such a person as a father-in-law
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by 0coded80: 8:28am On Oct 24, 2015
femi4:
Where is that in the Bible?
choi, am telling u what happen after the bible was written, is just like u are asking me, where is in the bible dat USSR was a combination of many countries b4 those countries breakaway.

5 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by funkybully(f): 8:28am On Oct 24, 2015
Na so one babe wey I dey eye give me condition of either I join Christ embassy or no relationship / marriage.

I did 180° u turn, me no fit leave my Catholic faith for anything.

So I have narrowed my search to Catholicism.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by 4C2215131: 8:29am On Oct 24, 2015
missyadorable:

Its not about him being a weakling. A battle line was drawn. No one would want to go into a marriage with anxiety. It's supposed to be a thing of joy at least in the beginning before all the bull sets in.

OP was just being proactive.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by ayoniakins(f): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2015
I just don't understand all this discrimination!

Christ died for all, and not a particular set! We r to be one body in Christ. No Greek, no Jew, No gentile. We r one. Whatever denomination u belong, it doesn't matter, once u r born again, u belong to d family.

Once u r sure of d persons' salvation, u can go ahead and marry. May God grant us understanding!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by 4C2215131: 8:31am On Oct 24, 2015
Cutehector:
I thought we are christains...

Why the segregation? Chei wat the lord will judge on d judgement day no be here....

There seem to be more to it than meets the eyes.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by realjennyTuz: 8:31am On Oct 24, 2015
Drfinn:
Precisely, on 31st March, 2013 I asked my now ex to marry me. Not in some fancy restaurant, shopping mall or some heaven on earth theatrical setting. It was via a phone call. Surprisingly, we had never met in person! What madness!! Did she accept??

Love they say is like a butterfly, it perches wherever it wants. It's like a lion, it devours whoever that comes his way. How we fall in love at times is mysterious. We seldom have control in matters of the heart. This is how I felt the day I saw her picture carrying a child. Her little nephew. I love kids to a fault. In that split moment I told her how I wished it was our son she was carrying. That remark set aglow our hearts.

Initially, she doubted my sincerity. She had been hurt not once, twice but severally. Worse still she has a medical condition. A condition she erroneously thought will forever rob her of love. Hence her skepticism. Furthermore, my reputation with 'the ladies' on some social network we had met some years earlier was daunting. I had to prove my sincerity. I had to win her love.

As am typing this, my alarm just beeped! Its October 24th- the day I had slated for our introduction. Alas! It was never to be. Our love could not survive the divide. The 'hypocrisy' of the church has prevailed. I cannot believe am still hurting this bad. Maybe I was in a hurry to have ended it all. This is my story. Our story.

After the initial 'gragra' women exhibit we settled into a beautiful but distant relationship. She was based in Lagos, I in Port Harcourt. Days became weeks, and weeks months before our first physical encounter. I did first visit as a gent. We had wild fun!! Then came the moment of truth; a visit to her kit and kin to intimate them of my intention. Her brother-in law gave me his word. The only snag which was to destroy all we labored to build -the church! she is catholic, am protestant. She is Igbo am Ijaw.

True to his word, her brother-in law accompanied me to see her parents in her hometown- some community in Imo State. I was well received. Such a loving home. I made my intentions known with all seriousness. It's no child's play explaining while you consider a man's daughter worth more than other women to him. Thankfully, the son in-law gave me all the necessary support. However, convincing a retired teacher, a respected and unrepentant staunch catholic requires more than fancy words. I left that home with mixed feelings. Her father had plainly told me what mixed marriage entails. My wife and children will become 'properties of the catholic church'. It was non-negotiable.

I sought the advice of family members, and my pastor. All were of the opinion that her father's stance undermines my role as the head of our future family. Personally, I saw it as an 'indirect rule'. I enlisted one or two of her siblings, her mum inclusive to get her father to shift grounds. The old man wouldn't bulge. At my fiancee's suggestion I paid her uncle a scheduled visit. A Priest in some parish at Owerri. His stance was same as his elder brother's; convert to Catholicism or accept the terms of mixed marriage.

I was devastated. More so by my fiancee's shifting positions. Today she's all by my side, tomorrow she wants me to please her father. I saw it more as a character weakness than a woman drawn between love and the hands that fed her. Perhaps, it was a miscalculation on my part. She had her flaws. Mine was so glaring. But i found in her the woman of my dreams.

In the midst of this storm I had boldly gone ahead to fix today, October 24th my introduction day. I had called my Pastor to inform him, and a couple of family members. This decision was informed after my now ex had told me her siblings and other family members had prevailed on her father to soft pedal on his stance. He unbelievably agreed. So i thought. Until I made one more call!

The old man true to his principled nature remained unchanged. It was a blow too devastating to bear. I saw a relationship of over two years with countless sacrifices on both sides evaporate on the grounds of dogma. It hurts so bad to have met that special one only to realize you can not be with them for eternity. Should I have converted for love? That would have betrayed love itself. Love is without condition(s). Should I have settled for mixed marriage? Its unbearable! It's my responsible to provide both spiritual and physical nourishment for my future family.

So, it was only appropriate I let love go. If she finds her way back to me. I had be most fortunate not lucky. Fortune befriends the bold. A life of service to all humanity now beckons . It's a call I must answer. Who knows love maybe around the corner. Love knows no religious boundaries. Let's spread the glad tidings of ecumenism.
we catholics be discriminating since time immemorial..and I used to think luv is blind

4 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by mabelly: 8:32am On Oct 24, 2015
Ayauche:
Am also a catholic and I dnt see myself giving up my faith for anything or any1. If u both really love each other as u proclaim then u can come to an agreement. Dis isn't a new situation and couples do overcome them. Dnt end ur love story if really there is one. Dnt listen to advise 4rm anyone rather do what ur heart tells u. Advises will only confuse u the more.

Can you hear yourself? You said you dont see yourself giving up your faith for anything or anyone yet you are talking about coming to an agreement. B*ullshit!!! There is no coming to an agreement from your end because your mind is made up.

13 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by femi4: 8:32am On Oct 24, 2015
0coded80:
choi, am telling u what happen after the bible was written, is just like u are asking me, where is in the bible dat USSR was a combination of many countries b4 those countries breakaway.
The last time I checked, Church started from the book of act. It didn't suddenly happened

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? / Man Caught Lady He Trained In School For 7 Years In A Church With Another Man / How A 15-Year-Old Girl Humbled Me On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.