Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists (28735 Views)

Igbos We Know, IPOB We Don't / Just Like The Igbos: We Want Referendum Too, Yoruba Groups Declares / Igbos, We Need To Take Over APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by fr3do(m): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lanceslot:
Please is it on record if Judas has a child before committing suicide? Because the way I'm seeing things, it seems the Ijaw people are from the lineage of Judas. Tufiakwa!

Don't insult the Ijaws
TonyeBarcanista only aired his opinion, he doesn't speak for anybody else.

Or are you a yoruba trying to make unnecessary enemies for the Igbos?

3 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by amakaobiemeka: 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

okrika n ijaw are minorities in rivers state.

I never knew ive been talking with someone bred outside rivers state.
owners of state minority? I guess its igbo state
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
owners of state minority? I guess its igbo state

please are u from rivers state
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by ThisMeansWAR: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

You are traitors!/our mistake was counting on you! What mistake were you thinking?
yeah, then you are stupid for counting or who was never your friend or shown loyalty to you in the first place..

Infact, i'm i going on suicide mission tonight, and im counting on you to follow me... If you donot, then you and your entire family and generation unborn are betrayers and traitors.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by amakaobiemeka: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
fr3do:

Don't insult the Ijaws
TonyeBarcanista only aired his opinion, he doesn't speak for anybody else.

Or are you a yoruba trying to make unnecessary enemies for the Igbos?
enemies or nt. I just replied one clown that said igbo own river state. The way it is igbo and ijaws are enemies already. Whats the point of rubbing back and taking their state

6 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
mascot87:

Yea. I am presently in PH now self

lol. I don't believe u. Yoruba no de ever travel, except for Nysc.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Dbboy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
BARCANISTA SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND NOT SPEAK FOR IKWERRE PEOPLE AS FAR AS I KNOW OKRIKA HAS A MUCH SMALL LAND MASSAND POPULATION AND CONTRIBUTE LITTLE TO RIVERS, NOW AM BEGING TO LOVE WHAT AMECHI(IKWERRE) DID TO THAT LESS OF A THINKING MAN GEJ (IJAW) AND DISGRACED HIM FLAWLESSLY, IT GOES TO SHOW HOW TREACHEROUS IJAW PEOPLE ARE AFTER ALL YOU CAN ASK ELDER STATE EDWIN CLERK.

BELOW ARE SOME FACT ABOUT OKRIKA, IKWERRE AND PORTHARCOURT

Okrika is a port town in Rivers State, Nigeria, capital of the Local Government Area of the same name. The town is situated on a small island just south of Port Harcourt, making it a SUBURB of the much larger city.

The average elevation of Okrika is 452 metres. It lies on the north of the Bonny River and on Okrika Island, 35 miles (56 km) upstream from the Bight of Biafra. The town can be reached by vessels of a draft of 29 feet (9 metres) or less.

Formerly a small fishing village of the Ijo (Ijaw) people in the mangrove swamps of the eastern Niger River delta, Okrika became the capital of the Okrika kingdom in the early 17th century and actively dealt in slaves. It served as a port for the exportation of palm oil after the abolition of the slave trade in the 1830s, but it was a less significant port facility than either Bonny (18 miles [46 km] south) or Opobo (32 miles [81 km] east-southeast).

Refined petroleum products are Okrika’s only significant exports. T[b]he town has considerable local trade in fish, oil palm produce, locally processed salt, cassava (manioc), taro, plantains, and yams.[/b]

The 2006 census determined the population of the Wakirike Local Government Area of the Rivers State of Nigeria was 222,026

The local Kirike language is part of the ljoid group.[1] Also spoken by some natives as first language is the Igbo language as well.

after all this your noise fast forward to 2015 your POPULATION ISNT even up to 300000 and you claim you majorly own port harcour[/b]t.

ABOUT IKWERRE

The Ikwerre (also spelt Ikwere) are one of the many native ethnic groups in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. [b]They are a subgroup of the Igbo people
, although a small minority for political expediency now dispute this account, claiming their history was rewritten during the colonial period because of the dominance of the larger Igbo group. The Ikwerre are said to be related or share common ancestry with the Ogba and Ekpeye people (Akalaka brothers) .They trace their origins to Owerri, Ohaji, Etche, and Ngwa areas of Igboland. They constitute the majority of Rivers state, although there are other populations in neighboring states. The Ikwerre speak the Ikwerre dialect, a dialect part of the many diverse Igbo dialects,[4] and are predominantly settled in the Ikwerre, Obio-Akpor, Port Harcourt and Emohua local government areas. They are traditionally farmers, fishermen and hunters, but in recent times, the environmental degradation and urban sprawl associated with oil exploration and exploitation has caused a sharp decline in the amount of farmland, forests and rivers available for their traditional occupations.[citation needed]

ORIGIN

The Ikwerre are considered by a great majority of scholars as a subgroup of the Igbo people of southeastern Nigeria,

There are several theories over the origin, and the strongest and most widely accepted one is the theory linking the Ikwerre to an Igbo origin. They would be descendents from an Igbo migration from Awka and Orlu areas towards South. Igbo scholars take Ikwerre as part of the Southern Igbo.

Amadi, an Ikwerre scholar, says that the Igbo origin theory has some support even inside Ikwerre themselves, with Ikwerre would be descendants of a migration of Arochukwu Igbo, with Okpo Nwagidi being the leader of the Ikwerre tribe.

Before the civil war, there had been dissident voices that claimed that Ikwerre could have migrated from Owerri, Ohaji, Ngwa, and Etche areas of Igboland.[5] But when Port Harcourt was conquered by Nigeria during the Biafran War and the Igbo people from other parts of Igboland fled the territory, a UN report says that the Ikwerre decided to claim that the Ikwerre were non-Igbo for convenience. The Ikwerre are recognized officially as a separate group in the 1979 Nigerian Constitution

about PORT HARCOURT

Port Harcourt (Igbo: Ụ́gwụ́ Ọ́chá, Pidgin: "Po-ta-kot"wink is the capital of Rivers State, Nigeria. It lies along the Bonny River and is located in the Niger Delta.The port was built in 1912, but not given a name until August 1913, when the Governor of Nigeria, Sir Frederick Lugard, named it "Port Harcourt" in honour of Lewis Vernon Harcourt, then the Secretary of State for the Colonies.[12][16]

The area that became Port Harcourt in 1912 was before that part of the farmlands of the Diobu village group of the Ikwerre, an Igbo sub-group. The colonial administration of Nigeria created the port to export coal from the collieries of Enugu located 243 kilometres north of Port Harcourt, to which it was linked by a railway called the Eastern Line, also built by the British.

REFERENCE WIKIPEDIA.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by bugzbunny: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mcbussy:

Funny enuf I can bet my life that I've been to more parts of Nigeria than you... Been to Asaba, been to Pleateu, spent a year in Gombe, born and bred in Lagos, been to many other parts I don't need to mention. But then, that wouldn't be d point.

I only argue logically.
So mr..... Wat says ye
Are there no ibos frm SS ?
Wats d language on the streets of Asaba?
Hw many days did u stay on d road frm Asaba to onitsha
As you move around...Learn

3 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by mascot87(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Look at u. I pity you
To set the records straight; i have (1) Gone round the 6 states of the SW

(2) I have gone to Kogi, Kwara and Jos while in School

(3)During my NYSC, I have been to Enugu, Ebonyi,Akwa Ibom,Abia and Calabar

(4) After Nysc, i have travelled to Anambra, Delta,Edo and Now PH

So what the f*ck are you talking about angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by fr3do(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
enemies or nt. I just replied one clown that said igbo own river state. The way it is igbo and ijaws are enemies already. Whats the point of rubbing back and taking their state

Divide and conquer propagandist

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by superstar1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Of course we will not travel to the land of gully erosion, when afternoon witches are not following us. Why should we travel to a place where you the indigenes are even running away from?

We travel out, while you travel to SW. At most you travel to Indonesia and Malaysia, where they are using your heads as target practise for their police.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by bugzbunny: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
Yoruba fool....
Fake moniker has gave u away
Jobless as.swipe

3 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Candyrain(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by bugzbunny: 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

please are u from rivers state
Dats a yoruba guy
No look moniker name..
Those guys are swines...
Divide and conquer na old parole grin

7 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by januzaj(m): 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
superstar1:

Of course we will not travel to the land of gully erosion, when afternoon witches are not following us. Why should we travel to a place where you the indigenes are even running away from?

We travel out, while you travel to SW. At most you go to Indonesia and Malaysia, where they are using your heads as target practise for their police.
mehn....you must be mayweather ....chai....

7 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by ademipeju(f): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
Enter here nominate Nairaland Moderator of the year 2015

www.nairaland.com/2692096/nairaland-moderator-year-2015-nomination/1#39383338
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Agbaletu: 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
bugzbunny:

So mr..... Wat says ye

lol...this should take like one week.
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Candyrain(m): 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rose2014:

Awww
*takes permission from Candyrain to give him a kiss*
kiss kiss kiss kiss

Hahahahaha... Why did you give him 4 kisses, you shouldn't be kissing him in the first place. A peck would have been enough swthrt.

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
mascot87:

Look at u. I pity you To set the records straight; i have (1) Gone round the 6 states of the SW
(2) I have gone to Kogi, Kwara and Jos while in School
(3)During my NYSC, I have been to Enugu, Ebonyi,Akwa Ibom,Abia and Calabar
(4) After Nysc, i have travelled to Anambra, Delta,Edo and Now PH
So what the f*ck are you talking about angry angry

Yoruba n lie dey like bread n beans.

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by januzaj(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Igbo and fraud dey like rice and beans

10 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
januzaj:
Igbo and fraud dey like rice and beans

Yoruba, Senator Kashamu, Tinubu + s waste n carrying drugs are like Bread n Natural honey.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by DrDxtrz: 4:40pm On Oct 26, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rikidony:
undecided undecided
Rivers are not yeeebos, na by force? is ur 5states not enough? must u marry them and molest them by force.greedy Igbo bastards.

dat was ao u people were saying Lagos na igbo land.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Mcbussy(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
bugzbunny:

So mr..... Wat says ye

So?... Does the fact that Asaba pple are "ibos" (even the main Igbos discriminate against them) make the whole of Delta state Biafra land?... So once there's an igbo speaking community in a state, then d state belongs to Biafra...that is your premise.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by januzaj(m): 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Yoruba, Senator Kashamu, Tinubu + s waste n carrying drugs are like Bread n Natural honey.
aaahaaaaa.....coming from ekene whose 70% of his entire family are awaiting death in Indonesia......Indonesia and Malaysia have killed more igbos than Nigerian army#FACTnotOPINION

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by mascot87(m): 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

For not believing me, then you can never believe that Jesus is coming back again self undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by coolscott(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
warrior01:

I wonder o for the Judas. Who even made him the spokesman for the minority ijaws in Rivers state? The guy suffers from serious inferiority complex and should never be taken serious again. Imagine to have lived with and protected these same minorities for centuries without grabbing their so called land and in this age and time, some confused fellow out of sheer hatred for what I don't know comes out to spew trash on what he knows nothing about.
Igbos might have been a majority in terms of number of people, but when it came to political strength, igbos have been the minority of the minorities.

Igbos should keep quiet when other political entities are speaking.

There was no Igbo nation in the past. If it existed, where was its military?

What territory was its military responsible for protecting?

Without territorial integrity, there is no nation and this historical "no nation" situation was brought about about by the fact that Igbo people did not have it in them to foster political structures beyond the village or clan levels.

That is why you never heard of the igbo military or anything of that sought. But you would hear of many inter-village wars (or inter-clan wars) between Igbo settlements. That was the reach of their capacity to create political units.

So when we ancient kindgoms with dynasties spanning centuries speak, I expect igbos to be quiet. Igbos are the real minorities ethnically, when it comes to things that matter. And maybe that is why they relentlessly misbehave all over Nigeria. Civilisation does not run deep in them hence the complete non-existence of ethnic decorum.

Lanceslot doublewisdom pazienza coolscott WhiteTechnology warrior01 TonyeBarcanista athaboi spanishkid owobokiri IzonOwei ghostmist

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Product of ashawo and baby factories, u sudn't be on yoruba's nairaland forum commenting. u sud be isolated among ur Biafra...

drug dealers
Ashawo
baby factories

or get killed like in Indian, south africa, malaysia china e.t.c

u yeeeebos r totally worthless

4 Likes

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
januzaj:
aaahaaaaa.....coming from ekene whose 70% of his entire family are awaiting death in Indonesia......Indonesia and Malaysia have killed more igbos than Nigerian army#FACTnotOPINION

Last time Indonesia slaughtered Nigerians on their death roll, Yoruba, igbo n SS region got a fair share so what d Bleep

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Rikidony(m): 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

Rivers are not yeeebos, na by force? is ur 5states not enough? must u marry them and molest them by force.greedy Igbo bastards.

dat was ao u people were saying Lagos na igbo land.
basta.rd who told u am Igbo undecided
Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by januzaj(m): 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Last time Indonesia slaughtered Nigerians on their death roll, Yoruba, igbo n SS region got a fair share so what d Bleep
50% of them were igbos......95% of 150 Nigerians that are awaiting are igbos#FACTnotOPINION

1 Like

Re: Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
Barcanista just lost my respect

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Phones, Gadgets Not Allowed At The Presidential Tribunal From Monday / FG Gazette Raises Questions Over Ali’s Appointment As Customs’ Comptroller-gen. / Why I Won’t Support Buhari’s War Against Corruption – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.