Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? (35782 Views)

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Junior66(m): 11:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
JOOHEL:
A VERY TOUCHING STORY.
A little gal saw a dead cat on the road on her way back from school. She was so sad because she loved cats so she touched it, she touched it again, she touched it and touched it. She paused for a while den she touched it again. She went home to change into new clothes and came back to touch it again.She kept touching.. . As I told u earlier its a touching story.
lol. Your mumuness de wear pant for head.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by mmsen: 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
Beating children is a backwards, nonsensical practice.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
Disneylady:

Since you said violence cannot solve it and we need to train our children and also, not every child can be trained with soft voice or calmness

EVERY child can be trained well without beatings.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Disneylady(f): 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mindfulness:

Did she say her cousins fear her? Who told you kids must fear you?
At least we should instill a little bit of fear in them so that if they want to misbehave at times their mind will quickly flash to who they are afraid of. And when I said afraid I mean som1 they respect and respect does not just come, it depends on the relationship between you and the kid
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by babysophie(f): 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mindfulness:

It is possible that in Nigeria teachers can't read or write properly so I wouldn't be surprised.
Nairaland professor,kip ur children at home n teach dem o.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Captainswag225(m): 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mindfulness:

Why is that so?

And were you not the one propagating non-violence on the domestic violence thread?

Yet, you see nothing wrong with violence against KIDS? And then you are surprised that some people are aggressive and turn violent towards their spouses?
spare e rod and spoil e child.... Just a little flogging won't hurt a child
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Disneylady(f): 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
babysophie:
Lol
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Disneylady(f): 11:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mindfulness:

EVERY child can be trained well without beatings.

I totally disagree with you... not every child

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
Disneylady:

At least we should instill a little bit of fear in them so that if they want to misbehave at times their mind will quickly flash to who they are afraid of. And when is afraid I mean som1 they respect and respect does not just come, it depends on the relationship between you and the kid

There is ABSOLUTELY no need for children to fear their parents or teachers. Such methods are for people who do not know better.

You teach your children love, respect and trust. To do so, you must be a living example of such values. And if your kids break some of the rules that are important in your family, you have 101 ways to punish them but beatings should NOT be part of your repertoire.

I wonder why people think that children need to fear them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Disneylady(f): 11:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
mmsen:
Beating children is a backwards, nonsensical practice.

Carry your yeye talk away here
'Is a backwards' angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Adiwana: 11:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
when we finished waec general paper,my friend came to school with his fathers car,only to bash it..dude was practically crying,begging,he knew what his father would do to him..next day he came cos we had agric,come see his body
here in Nigeria,we luv forming posh,,thats why lil kids this days dont greet their elders..
and yes why not
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Disneylady(f): 11:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mindfulness:

There is ABSOLUTELY no need for children to fear their parents or teachers. Such methods are for people who do not know better.

You teach your children love, respect and trust. To do so, you must be a living example of such values. And if your kids break some of the rules that are important in your family, you have 101 ways to punish them but beatings should NOT be part of your repertoire.

I wonder why people think that children need to fear them. undecided
It seems you don't understand the word 'fear' as it is used here

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
Captainswag225:
spare e rod and spoil e child....

Crap! I know MANY children who are not beaten up and yet are very lovely.

Just a little flogging won't hurt a child

It does not hurt the child? So why do you do it if it doesn't hurt?

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
Disneylady:

It seems you don't understand the word 'fear' as it is used here

There is no ambiguity in this word.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by AkwaIbomrep1: 11:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
carbonmonoxide:
Most people(Nigerians) believe that without beating their children, the child will become disobedient, and they regard beating of kids as a way of being giving them good discipline...

Some parents even tell their children's teachers to beat the hell out of them if they do not obey school laws or fail some subjects..

So the topic is do you believe in beating of children (most especially in schools) as a way of discipline or as an act of wickedness??

Let's hear your views..
how can u beat a child , Anywhere such thing can only happen in the zoo, a country like this , let me use this opportunity to present this to Buahari award of the most corrupt & wicked president in the world for nominating amaechi a minister, what a nation ! No wonder the party name is apc = all past criminals ...see amaechi , tinubu etc...what a nation...somebody should help me warn apc to steer away from my state , ''the state of Akwa ibom '' Udom we know ...in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom''
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
babysophie:

They will definitely not attend schools where teachers can't read and write properly. wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Captainswag225(m): 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mindfulness:

Crap! I know MANY children who are not beaten up and yet are very lovely.

It does not hurt the child? So why do you do it if it doesn't hurt?

it's part of e training and it works alot
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=Captainswag225 post=39397078][/quote]

It does more harm than good IN THE LONG RUN!
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Captainswag225(m): 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mindfulness:

It does more harm than good IN THE LONG RUN!
do u have evidence to prove that?

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
Spank your kids, let the teachers spank your kids, all uncles and aunties too and even the neighbors. Let the blows kill their brain cells.

Anyone who raises his or her hand against my kids is in serious trouble. I have better, more effective ways.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Kalvan: 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nigeria is definitely not the beacon of morality, so what has all the canning done? Answer: nothing! It's all archaic BS, drop it and walk into the 21st century. Children are not mindless drones.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
Captainswag225:
do u have evidence to prove that?

Look at the people around you and observe how well they turned out.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Kalvan: 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Captainswag225(m): 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mindfulness:

fortunately most of them did gud thanks to canning. It works trust me

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Kalvan: 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mindfulness:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-me-in-we/201202/how-spanking-harms-the-brain
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 27, 2015
Captainswag225:
fortunately most of them did gud thanks to canning. It works trust me

What are the good "thanks"?
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 27, 2015
Kalvan:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-me-in-we/201202/how-spanking-harms-the-brain

I already know but maybe it will help "the spoil the rod spoil the child crew" to know it.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Captainswag225(m): 12:03am On Oct 27, 2015
Kalvan:

not entirely true coz alotta people were flogged at school but they grew up to great and healthy looking men
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Kalvan: 12:03am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

I already know but maybe it will help "the spoil the rod spoil the child crew" to know it.

It's crazy how they're trying to justify abuse. Nigeria is truly a funny place.
Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Kalvan: 12:05am On Oct 27, 2015
Captainswag225:
not entirely true coz alotta people were flogged at school but they grew up to great and healthy looking men

Scientific study versus anecdotal evidence? Yeah, I'll stick with the study.

1 Like

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 27, 2015
Kalvan:

It's crazy how they're trying to justify abuse. Nigeria is truly a funny place.

They don't know better. They pass onto the children what was passed onto them hoping that the same old methods will bring about better results.

It is a sign of ignorance and helplessness.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? by Captainswag225(m): 12:08am On Oct 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

What are the good "thanks"?
it keeps kids in check....

it makes them disciplined

it ensures kids do their responsibilities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Mum Tattooes Her Son's Face On Her Back (Photo) / My Husband Is Frustrating Me. / Woman Abandons Hubby In Jail, Dumps Baby In Orphanage, Moves In With 4th Man (pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.