Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men (34285 Views)

Why Do Most Women Believe That Pvssy Reward Is Enough Pay Back For Anything / The Erroneous Things Women Believe About About Sex And Their Sexuality / Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Dajugba: 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
This post is very long so I will skip introduction and go straight to the three misconceptions that women believe about men.

1. Men Are Intimidated/Feel Insecure Around Women With Wealth: I don't know where this mentality is from but I have this to say about it.

Nigeria men are not scared of successful women rather they are scared of control freaks. The type of woman that only feels good about herself if she makes you feel less than her.

These are the women that my brothers are scared of. It is called being careful and not insecurity.

Men are scared of women that have personality disorder.

Secondly, if a host of studies are to be believed, marrying these women(career women) is asking for trouble. If they quit their jobs and stay home with the kids, they will be unhappy ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2003). They will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Social Forces, 2006). You will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2001). You will be more likely to fall ill ( American Journal of Sociology). Even your house will be dirtier ( Institute for Social Research).

Have you seen that it just isn't a Nigeria thing?

The same studies have found that professional women are more likely to get divorced, more likely to cheat, less likely to have children, and, if they do have kids, they are more likely to be unhappy about it.

Men are not scared of women with wealth, they're simply not ready for their endless troubles.

Nobody will willingly pierce his body with many sorrows.

Now lemme bring it down to Nigeria women.

This is what happens when a guy asks for the hand of a rich girl in marriage.

Each member of the family will buy one Laser-Sharp Binoculars that can pierce through his flesh and bones and zoom the guy's soul to search his spirit to know if he's after the woman's wealth.

Even when the Binoculars reads negative, they still won't believe it, they will become very envious and are likely to disrespect the guy.

The guy have alota work to do to prove his not after their sister's money before they can respect him.....

The mama will be like, "My daughter, that guy is after your money. He's not good for you, wait my dear, when a good guy comes I will tell you".

Who wants that?

Finally, these women, especially those working in an office or something of that nature do not know that there are things one needs to succeed in business and work.

These things are direct opposite of what we need to have successful marriage and most of these successful women do not know where to cut the line.

To succeed in business, you have to be stubborn, in control etc. Bring these things into your marriage and you are in trouble.

Some successful women would rather blow the house up and everything in it than compromise or take personal responsibility.

Who Wants This?

Women Naturally want to exert control over everything. They enjoy to make those around them feel inadequate, insecure, nervous, angry, anxious and physically sick.

Go to married men that have richer wives and ask them, they will tell you that the message their women pass in everything they do is I don’t trust you to be able to do it right; I don’t respect your judgment; I don’t think you are competent; I don’t value your insight. I can do it all alone.

Stay Alone Then.
All true. & the number 1 & 3 was like you writting my experience... Cheer.

1 Like

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by AreaFada2: 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Too long.

Nigerian men are not scared of rich girls, they are scared of girls richer than them.
Yes, nigerian men take ladies for granted if they initiate romantic gestures and stuff. Even if he wasn't into the girl prior to the girl asking him out, he'll force himself to tolerate her just to get whatever he can. Men will always be men, they can never turn a woman down.

You have little experience with real men. Irrespective of your age and or marital status.

I have turned down some pretty ladies.
Reasons were simple:

(1) They were work colleagues. I don't date at work.

(2)I never liked one of them to begin with. She thought she was some supermodel until a dressed her down in a quarrel one day. Nothing on earth was ever going to make me date her. Ladies yearn for what they cannot get. Another was even prettier. From her history, she wasn't a faithful girl. I would never even hit and run a possible public toilet, irrespective of beauty. grin
(3) Others again at work. For ethical reasons I could not.

So babe, don't use the standards of those guys you meet to judge all.

2 Likes

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by kwinsliy(m): 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:

Cos they are physically challenged I'm sure
actually is because they are mentally challenged *winks*
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by awesome11(m): 7:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Too long.

Nigerian men are not scared of rich girls, they are scared of girls richer than them.

Yes, nigerian men take ladies for granted if they initiate romantic gestures and stuff. Even if he wasn't into the girl prior to the girl asking him out, he'll force himself to tolerate her just to get whatever he can. Men will always be men, they can never turn a woman down.

I wonder how quick people make conclusions via small sample size. I'm glad to tell you I've turned two women down and I have a friend who has done same!
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by lovethchioma(f): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:

Cos they are physically challenged I'm sure
Lol, as if u know what i had in mind
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by permanentgrace(m): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
Another is young women believe your own mother must die before they can actually marry you and enjoy the marriage. These same people would bring in their own mother to stay in the same house you pay rents and other bills while they wished your mum was dead. They forget that they will give birth to male children who will someday marry in the future and what goes up as we all know must surely come down.

1 Like

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by eddiesaint(m): 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
I have never liked any post on here but i LOVE this one. The contents are real life and refs were given Good job #Blessed
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by butanep(m): 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Too long.

Who said we can't turn a lady down. That is a big lie from the pit of hell.

I have turn down ladies that makes indirect advances on me.

The recent one was during my service year and the girl was angry I didn't reciprocate her moves. I clearly told her am not attracted to her even if she is beautiful, that I am attracted to beautiful and "boobty" ladies but she has small boobs.

She never talk to me till I pass out but I don't give a damn.

2 Likes

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
True talk!
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by MacDanielz(m): 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
2. Men Don't Value The Women That Asked Them Out: I shouted holy ghost fire the first time I heard this, because I have been in relationships where ladies made the first move.

I don't wanna go into details but what I learnt from dating them is that the women who have the guts to ask guys out also have cheating tendencies and security issues.

Though the later is not a real problem but who wants to reminded every ten minutes that the reason you did this was because she asked you out.

If she called and I didn't pick, it was because she asked me out

If my number is not available, it was because she asked me out

Truth is, Men value them but they're too difficult to date.

I almost fainted when I checked someone's inbox and saw that she's using the same "scope" she used on me on other guys.

No man wants to date a female version of himself.

3. Beauty Intimidate Men: False: If you are a beautiful woman and you are not in a steady relationship or no man wants to stay committed with you then here is why.

When I say beautiful, I mean the 10/10s.

I have dated one of the 10s and the experience was hellish!

Her beauty didn't intimidate me 1 bit neither did I feel insecure around her but the relationship didn't last because:

A: She initiated it. You already know the problem that is involved in dating a woman that asked you out.

B: She was always telling me how guys were on her neck. @ a point it started sounding like she was doing me a favour by dating me. One day, I gave her my Facebook password.

What she saw there calmed her down and she stopped telling me how guys were on her neck cause I had ladies on my neck too.

Handling a 10/10 is difficult and not many men can do it so they chose to stay away.

It is not intimidation, not insecurity, it is choice.

Most 10s are quite demanding and also incredibly self-absorbed, why? Because they feel they can pick and choose.

This is because they're constantly being bombarded with male attention.

Men fall all over themselves to try to please her in any way they can.
Endless compliments, outrageous gifts, free shopping sprees on Rodeo Drive, all expense paid trips to the finest resorts in the world, invitations to parties with the rich, famous and powerful men and women.

This always gets into their heads and spoils them.

A recent analysis revealed that having an attractive husband or boyfriend was no barrier to a relationship succeeding. But, if the woman was extremely beautiful, the relationships tend to last only a matter of months.

It is difficult to state how challenging it can be to get involved with a 10s.

Men consider this and backdown.

You for kukuma carry the whole page or even the whole thread write na...............Ahn ahn, who wan read this? Na juz now I know say "Material Science" nor get note at all, e still b learner
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by gejubongudofia: 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
don't miss this chance with just 300 naira you can just win 1 million naira this Sunday .... logon to http://www.carnivalbumper.com ..YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT 08120730135,08022139749 FOR MORE INFO.

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by marinepatrol: 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
NICE ONE. IT WAS QUITE ENTERTAINING CAUSE I LAUGHED ALL THE WAY... NICE ONE, YOU ARE NOT FAR FROM THE TRUTH
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by nekede11(m): 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
Mr op is on point, women are confuse being,they don't really know wat they want. . .they don't really think well ,am sorry 4 them, my mum and my sisters inclusive.
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by laykhorn(m): 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Too long.

Yes, nigerian men take ladies for granted if they initiate romantic gestures and stuff. Even if he wasn't into the girl prior to the girl asking him out, he'll force himself to tolerate her just to get whatever he can. Men will always be women men, they can never turn a woman down.
Very Very Very Wrong or maybe you have just boys around you
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by slimmingcare(f): 9:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dear brother, this is the best article ever posted on NL. This is exactly what my friends are passing through.
One married a business woman whom before they got married showered him much of sex......
They eventually got married and they had a child few months after wedlock.
Now the woman does not want him to sleep on the same bed with her( complaining the 12x12 bed can't contain the two of them.
The woman decides when to have sex(at her conveniency)
He said the woman do things to letting neighbours know that she is the owner or the one financing it.
The other one married a a woman who actually paid for the guy lives. She asks the guy on the nos of calls he receives on a daily basis etc
She shout at the guy to listen to her whenever they are both having a discussion.
I almost fell into same pit as well but I ran......
One thing I observed is that this is common to ladies from Ogun State!
Having a wealthy woman as a wife is not a bad thing but as the said.. They find it difficult to handle their marriage differently from the way they handle their parents and businesses
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by menxer: 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Too long.

Nigerian men are not scared of rich girls, they are scared of girls richer than them

Sorry.
Let it not be you are one of them.
look at your life in the light of the foregoing and adjust for good.

I like strong and capable ladies that can differentiate where and when power play or love play is applicable. grin
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Too long.

Who told you that men don't turn women down?

I turned down a chick last weekend and now her friend is asking after me.

1 Like

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by mikeuz(m): 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Too long.

I guess you can read what the guys are saying so you know you arewrong.

You need to meet responsible guys in your life to change this mindset. A guy that won't treat you well, won't, if you like ask him out or he ask you out, the same end result.
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by viktor01(m): 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2015
'I don't wanna go into details but
what I learnt from dating them is
that the women who have the
guts to ask guys out also have
cheating tendencies and security
issues.'

Op, I agree with you in toto on this.
If she is confident enough to ask you out, then she certainly will be confident enough to ask another guy out any day, any time. Speaking from experience.
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by ril19(m): 10:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
Buh Why Do I feel A Flicker Of Annoyance In Some Lady's Comments Here?

Anyway Truth Never Stopped Tasting Bitter.
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by FTBOY: 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
tallesty has some very good points. take Linda ikeji for instance.....a multi-millionaire lady who now has her own mansion in banana island of all places. she's humble and calm but has an annoying younger sis with a basket mouth. no averagely-rich decent guy would go for Linda and agrees to live with her in her mansion with the sister around. it would be hell!

1 Like

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
bronzegoddess:

Na lie ehhhhh. I believe not. U probably mistook her gestures to mean the green light.
It may interest you to know that some girls really make the first move. I had experiances of girls writting letter and some approaching me for friendship. Its quite common to me because I hadly make a first move thereby making the lady frustrated and desperate. Anyway, the op points are quite true. Its a stereotypical belief women decieve themselves with.

1 Like

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Jewelbaby01(f): 11:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
Oops!! grin
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
Great write up op smiley
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by realBliss(m): 11:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
okay, hope they take note and make corrections
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by coldHeat: 12:13am On Oct 30, 2015
Tallesty1:
This post is very long so I will skip introduction and go straight to the three misconceptions that women believe about men.

1. Men Are Intimidated/Feel Insecure Around Women With Wealth: I don't know where this mentality is from but I have this to say about it.

Nigeria men are not scared of successful women rather they are scared of control freaks. The type of woman that only feels good about herself if she makes you feel less than her.

These are the women that my brothers are scared of. It is called being careful and not insecurity.

Men are scared of women that have personality disorder.

Secondly, if a host of studies are to be believed, marrying these women(career women) is asking for trouble. If they quit their jobs and stay home with the kids, they will be unhappy ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2003). They will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Social Forces, 2006). You will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2001). You will be more likely to fall ill ( American Journal of Sociology). Even your house will be dirtier ( Institute for Social Research).

Have you seen that it just isn't a Nigeria thing?

The same studies have found that professional women are more likely to get divorced, more likely to cheat, less likely to have children, and, if they do have kids, they are more likely to be unhappy about it.

Men are not scared of women with wealth, they're simply not ready for their endless troubles.

Nobody will willingly pierce his body with many sorrows.

Now lemme bring it down to Nigeria women.

This is what happens when a guy asks for the hand of a rich girl in marriage.

Each member of the family will buy one Laser-Sharp Binoculars that can pierce through his flesh and bones and zoom the guy's soul to search his spirit to know if he's after the woman's wealth.

Even when the Binoculars reads negative, they still won't believe it, they will become very envious and are likely to disrespect the guy.

The guy have alota work to do to prove his not after their sister's money before they can respect him.....

The mama will be like, "My daughter, that guy is after your money. He's not good for you, wait my dear, when a good guy comes I will tell you".

Who wants that?

Finally, these women, especially those working in an office or something of that nature do not know that there are things one needs to succeed in business and work.

These things are direct opposite of what we need to have successful marriage and most of these successful women do not know where to cut the line.

To succeed in business, you have to be stubborn, in control etc. Bring these things into your marriage and you are in trouble.

Some successful women would rather blow the house up and everything in it than compromise or take personal responsibility.

Who Wants This?

Women Naturally want to exert control over everything. They enjoy to make those around them feel inadequate, insecure, nervous, angry, anxious and physically sick.

Go to married men that have richer wives and ask them, they will tell you that the message their women pass in everything they do is I don’t trust you to be able to do it right; I don’t respect your judgment; I don’t think you are competent; I don’t value your insight. I can do it all alone.

Stay Alone Then.

Your intelligence, as is your understanding, is legendary!

Wisdom flows through you like a waterfall; it appears the vessels of your mind are gorged with information corrupted by an experience with woman-hood that cannot boast of pride of prejudice.

I couldn't read your entire post; it was too deep and ladened with a mind that seeks to out-do itself in its quest for maturity and self-evolution. I shall come back at the crock of dawn and have me a feast on your regurgitated thoughts.

My Oh My!!!

Its been at least 3 and a half eternities since I beheld one with a level of enlightenment that would dwarf mine quietly in any conceivable time-line.

I shall seek out the verbose gesticulations of your thought processes, and I shall meditate deeply on your ideas and ideals in a bid to fashion out a most forbidden school of thought on woman-hood that would have you seated as its Principal.

Once more, I am humbled by your enlightenment!

For its practically very rare to meet matured minds on this forum. Believe me I have searched...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by AfricanApple(f): 12:31am On Oct 30, 2015
tallesty1 its not a misconception for all men, some men are really scared of these things you called misconception

you try sha o
Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by AfricanApple(f): 12:40am On Oct 30, 2015
coldHeat:

Your intelligence, as is your understanding, is legendary!
Wisdom flows through you like a waterfall; it appears the vessels of your mind are gorged with information corrupted by an experience with woman-hood that cannot boast of pride of prejudice.
I couldn't read your entire post; it was too deep and ladened with a mind that seeks to out-do itself in its quest for maturity and self-evolution. I shall come back at the crock of dawn and have me a feast on your regurgitated thoughts.
My Oh My!!!
Its been at least 3 and a half eternities since I beheld one with a level of enlightenment that would dwarf mine quietly in any conceivable time-line.
I shall seek out the verbose gesticulations of your thought processes, and I shall meditate deeply on your ideas and ideals in a bid to fashion out a most forbidden school of thought on woman-hood that would have you seated as its Principal.
Once more, I am humbled by your enlightenment!
For its practically very rare to meet matured minds on this forum. Believe me I have searched...
hian!!!! na wa o, poetry unto article? happy praising

1 Like

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Tedassie(m): 5:55am On Oct 30, 2015
anumide:
Tallesty1, I have a lot to say regarding your post, but I am lazy when it comes to typing, so I will just pick two points
1. every human has at least one personality disorder, otherwise known as maladaptive behavior. hence the phrase "nobody is perfect". if men don't like women with personality disorder, then they are all hypocrites.
2. men are natural hunters. testosterone is to blame. i believe most men will prefer to do the wooing. my point is; stop generalising.
vague!

1 Like

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Yujin(m): 6:56am On Oct 30, 2015
Op is very correct. A majority of women reason like that but its not true. However a lot of men of today have not really represented the core features of real men. A real man can never be intimidated by anything of and from a woman. At worst he will just avoid her. A real man naturally has pride and so cannot contain a control freak woman so he will avoid her. A real man knows it takes courage for a lady to approach and woo him so he wouldn't count her as worthless. Personally I don't count them worthless just that I will take time to probe her indirectly which wouldn't be if I was the one that did the wooing. Also I've turned down ladies on many occasions albeit subtly so as not to hurt their ego. I do respect every being as long as you're not rude.
Then for wealthy women. I once had an encounter and I personally discovered that it will be very difficult to handle. Well I let her know her wealth means nothing to me and when she didn't get the message I told her to forget about intimate relationship and just be friends. She couldn't believe and had to start apologizing. To cut the long story short it didn't work. I left her city for a while to another city and after a year went back to her city for somethings. I told her I was around and she was telling me she wanted to see me and be with me. I've never had anything intercourse with her. We agreed to meet and finally met. Asked her to take the lead she refused and insist that she would do whatever I say. We went to a fast food joint in one of the popular malls around. Bought some food and she insisted and paid for the ice cream. She was expectant but after walking round the mall she saw their was no plans of any intimacy from me and she announced her departure to which I obliged and escorted her to the bus stop.
No matter the beauty of a woman or her assets, when she meets a real man she will be overwhelmed by his glory.

2 Likes

Re: Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men by Tex42(m): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2015
Tallesty1:
Can absolutely relate to this, these type of women wants to feast on ur ego to feed theirs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Warns Boyfriend Snatcher On Facebook (Photos) / The 10 Habits That Keep Marriages Strong / Guidelines To Be That Model Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.