Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? (5698 Views)

Marriage Decision / Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? / Am I Taking This Too Far?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
-[ embarassed embarassed -[ embarassed
suzzy16:
yeah,seriously
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by HARDDON: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

Thank you so much for this advice, my family once arranged a muslim guy for me who already brought things to marry me but I eloped. He wasn't educated and my siblings supported me, they said I should be allowed to make my choice.
I have convinced my parents that I can't marry this guy and that I dont love him, my mom says that love will grow and the only thing they are using against me is that I brought this one myself...so why will I change my mind. That I am spiritually possessed.

I have never felt this in love with anyone, I once travelled out of town to forget him, but I just can't. It is not working. We are obsessed with each other and I know he would have been with me if we met earlier .

I work in a Promasidor key distributor's office and I also have a HND from Kwara Poly.

Yea i know the fellings....
Yours truely has mastered the act of drawing such from dames.

Here is why:

He is someone u can talk to freely and does not get judgemental rather helps u to be a beta u.

He spends on u laviashly, wowing u with wisdom n wits. Spends time with u when he can.

He is so FAITHFUL clean You havent really caught him cheating on u.

He treats u with respect , u r proud walking by his side. Neva hit u and rarely raise his voice @ u. But he is firm as a man.

He is so spontenous, always blows ur mind away with gift and in the bedroom? : HE IS A DOVE ONE MOMENT AND A STALLION the next, never shy to explore and teach u same, makes u c0m over n over.

In summary, he has 90% of what u want in a guy. How wudnt u be luv struck?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by amacastel: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
gunners160:
COULD THIS BE LOVE?the answer is a big "NO" and it will never be love.First and foremost,I will like you to know that there is no crime in falling in love but that does not mean 1 should not think with his/her brains.
The first guy you dated played a mind game on you because he saw your weakness and he used it against you.first,he knows very well he can't get married to you because you are a muslim so he told you the truth knowing fully well you won't break up with him thereby in future when the lady he really wants to get married to should come you won't have anythng to say or accuse him of cheating because he told you beforehand that he has some1 he wants to get married.
Secondly,When he knew you wr about to get married to some1else he pretended to be heartbroken and also pushed the blame on you. Funny enough he himself has some1else he wants to get married to by Febuary and funny enough it really worked on you to the extent you went ahead trying to kill yourself forgeting that "nobody is indispensable".
For the second guy,he is a complete pretender. Yes,"A pretender.
1.He knows you are seeing anoda guy yet he does not care pls tell me which guy will see his fiancee dating anoda guy and will be comfortable with it?
2.He knew you are pregnant 4 sum1else and he mumulishly wants to be d fada do you think it is ordinary
3.You dnt knw anything abt him ask yourself "why".The answer is because he pretends and dnt want you to know about him.
4 He has no job and staying with is parents pls tell me where wuld u be sleeping if he gets married to you?or how is he going to fed you?.Lastly,he is imature and reports to your family every time wo trying to handle things himself.
SOLUTION: PLS,TAKE YOUR TIME AND DNT RUSH INTO MARRIAGE BECOS YOU WILL RUSH OUT. TRY AND LOOK 4 ANODA JOB ELSEWHERE AS THIS WILL GIVE YOU TIME TO USE YOUR BRAINS AND NOT YOUR HEART WHEN DEALING WITH RLSHP ISSUES.THE SECOND GUY HAS 3 OPTIONS TO MARRY ANODA WOMAN IF HE ENDS UP MARRYING YOU AND D RLSHP IS NOT BRINGING FORTH ANYTHNG TANGIBLE. . FURTHERMORE IT IS NO TO LATE TO CANCEL YOUR MARRIAGE DATE WITH DIS GUY AT LEAST,IT IS BETA DAN LIVING IN BONDAGE 4 D REST OF UR LIFE. FINALLY,DNT KARE ABOUT HOW TO FACE YOUR FRIENDS EVEN THOUGH U HAVE BOASTED ABOUT DIS GUY. THEY WILL SURELY TALK BUT 1 THNG 4 SURE IS DAT THEY WILL KIP QUIET WHEN THEY ARE TIRED OF TALKING!

U said it all op pls forget the 2men if the guy can get u a job outside ur former plc grab the job marriage is not an easy thing to cope wit is like a dent dt never leave ur life. Talk to God he will help u in forgetting whom u love, we r not perfect bt gradually u will forget the 1st guy taking advantage of ur weakness. May Allah be ur guide and strength

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by LookmanTalk: 3:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
The muslim guy has other intentions you dont know about, Please trust me on this!!! Give yourself more than enough time, you are soooooooo rushing things that you will probably regret the action. No decision here is truly from you and you are the one going to get married to a stranger because he came to see your family? Please dont let your story be 'O ma She o'.. If the muslim guy loves you, he will wait for you to be ready and not agree with everything you say just so you marry him. I see a trap before you!

Please give yourself time to be calm and stable enough! This might be a life time regret, there are too many 'NO' signs, what's your rush? It has never been about getting married but getting married to the 'Right' person.

A word is enough for the wise!

ugojohnlittle:
Good morning all,
I am a 27year old lady. I went into a relationship with a young Ikwerre guy exactly a year ago, he is 31 years old and works in an oil servicing firm here in Port Harcourt, we grew so in love with each other but there were two problems.
First; I am a Muslim while he is a Christian, and the second being being that he told me when we began our relationship that he was already engaged to a lady who was doing her masters in Scotland.
I was devastated at first, but he was just so nice and our compatibility was like no other, I just couldn't afford to lose him so we continued our relationship despite pressure from friends and family to leave him because of his religion.(no one knows of his relationship status) we still stuck together and like no man I've known, he was completely faithful to me.
Around July this year, his girlfriend came back from Scotland and visited, he told me when she got in and even told me when she'd be visiting.
He promised me that things won't change, the only thing being I couldn't visit him at home..to make up for this, he came straight to spend time with me once he closed from work and then will go home to her. I was really heartbroken then staying at home imagining what may have been going on with them. It was even worse when I called sometimes and he would not pick but will return the call later or in the morning.
She spent a week and went back to Calabar as she works with a Strategic Consultancy firm there. My boyfriend came back and told me to please understand that his heart truly belongs with me and that no one can take my place.
I however discovered from him that she came to conclude their marriage plans and that they were getting married in February 2016. I wanted to die, the thought of losing him was so painful, I was heartbroken and needed someone to cry to. He was with me all through this trying times assuring me that he'd forever be there for me and adviced me to take things easy.

All the while there was this guy that has been pestering me on whatsapp that he was crazy about me, begging me to give him a chance. I had always told him unequivocally that I was in love and in a relationship with someone else and warned him never to call me again
This guy does not have a job, he is a petty soft drink retailer, a devout muslim and acts extremely timid and naive he has a HND in engineering. I told him I was not interested and he said I should give him a chance.
I then told him never to call me that if he was serious he should come and meet my family.
The next day he was in my house with his people that he wanted to marry me.
My parents accepted him as they wanted me to break up with the Christian. He said he wanted to perform the islamic traditional rites by that weekend and I said no way. My whole relatives and friends begged me to accept him.
But my only reason for this was that I didn't know how to face my friends if they learnt that my boyfriend who I boasted was the best in the world married someone else. So I wanted to marry before he did.
I told the muslim guy that I did not love him and confessed to him that I was pregnant for my boyfriend, he said he didn't mind, that he will claim the pregnancy, he has also said he will not even hug me till our wedding night. I have aborted the baby as I took some drugs that made me bleed, my boyfriend wants me to keep the baby but we were cared that the drugs I took without his consent might affect the foetus or cause complications as the pregnancy progressed...the muslim guy does not know this

I do not know anything about him, I just know he still stays with his parents, and sisters and even has a sister who is back home from a failed marriage.

There are a few fishy signs, he said he broke up with his ex and changed his lines because of her, that I consider as being callous,
He also said his mom always disapproves of his choice of women but that she accepted me because of my calm disposition..but i am not calm, I am very opinionated and temperamental when you get to really know me. So it means his parents are domineering.
Whenever I don't take his call or tell him not to come see me, he calls all my family members reporting me.

I did not tell my boyfriend what happened and told him I wanted to let him move on, he probed further and I told him that someone had come for my hand in marriage.
He was really heartbroken that I stabbed him at the back, he said why did I not carry him along afterall he was always there for me. He was so heart broken and I felt so guilty, he said he will let me follow my heart and that he was hurt that I did not love him unconditionally. I begged him not to and almost killed myself when he told me to go my way.
We however made up and he started rationalizing it, telling me not to get married out of condition or compulsion. That my only fear was that I would share him with another lady but if I rushed into marriage, that the guy had the option to marry 3 more wives if it was not working with me and I will be stuck with my fear of forever sharing my man.

My boyfriend and his friends have begged me not to rush in to a marriage with some one I don't love but we have fixed the marriage date for December 4th this year.
I do not love him at all and he knows I am still seeing my boyfriend, he says that love will grow that he will let me do whatever I want to.
My boyfriend wants to prevent me from making this mistake according to him and is trying to get me a job away from here so I can relocate and clear my head. He says he loves me selflessly and will not allow me go into an unhappy family.
This other guy said if we get married and I get a job he will allow me relocate.
Please advice me what to do as I know I will forever love my boyfriend and this other guy is acting too suspicious.

Could this be love, what do I do now?

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by LookmanTalk: 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
God bless you for this contribution.
Oliviaarims:
@OP,I'm sorry yhu got urself into this kind of situation... So far,from ur story,the only wise decision yhu made was terminating that pregnancy, even though it's unethical. First of all,I can't fathom why a girl will willingly make herself a side chic,don't u love urself? Stop competing with that man's Scotland fiancée, u don't stand a chance. That man's just been using u,he won't marry u..at best,he'd turn u into a mistress. Do u want that? U wantu break a home?

U better start thinking 'bout severing all ties u av with him. Forget but the money he might have. As 4 the Muslim guy,he seems to me like an opportunist. Plus,u might be right about his fishy dealings. Marrying somebody u know u'd never love is stupidity. What's in it 4 u? 4 now,he can't adequately take care of ur needs as a wife. BTW,are u gainfully employed?

Don't allow the fact that u're 27 to coax u into making a terrible mistake. A bad marriage is hell! Take ur time and start all over again and be careful not to make silly mistakes again.

Ur family should not pressure u into doing anything. U're old enough to make decisions for yourself. Good luck to u.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by RealBitch(f): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
gunners160:
COULD THIS BE LOVE?the answer is a big "NO" and it will never be love.First and foremost,I will like you to know that there is no crime in falling in love but that does not mean 1 should not think with his/her brains.
The first guy you dated played a mind game on you because he saw your weakness and he used it against you.first,he knows very well he can't get married to you because you are a muslim so he told you the truth knowing fully well you won't break up with him thereby in future when the lady he really wants to get married to should come you won't have anythng to say or accuse him of cheating because he told you beforehand that he has some1 he wants to get married.
Secondly,When he knew you wr about to get married to some1else he pretended to be heartbroken and also pushed the blame on you. Funny enough he himself has some1else he wants to get married to by Febuary and funny enough it really worked on you to the extent you went ahead trying to kill yourself forgeting that "nobody is indispensable".
For the second guy,he is a complete pretender. Yes,"A pretender.
1.He knows you are seeing anoda guy yet he does not care pls tell me which guy will see his fiancee dating anoda guy and will be comfortable with it?
2.He knew you are pregnant 4 sum1else and he mumulishly wants to be d fada do you think it is ordinary
3.You dnt knw anything abt him ask yourself "why".The answer is because he pretends and dnt want you to know about him.
4 He has no job and staying with is parents pls tell me where wuld u be sleeping if he gets married to you?or how is he going to fed you?.Lastly,he is imature and reports to your family every time wo trying to handle things himself.
SOLUTION: PLS,TAKE YOUR TIME AND DNT RUSH INTO MARRIAGE BECOS YOU WILL RUSH OUT. TRY AND LOOK 4 ANODA JOB ELSEWHERE AS THIS WILL GIVE YOU TIME TO USE YOUR BRAINS AND NOT YOUR HEART WHEN DEALING WITH RLSHP ISSUES.THE SECOND GUY HAS 3 OPTIONS TO MARRY ANODA WOMAN IF HE ENDS UP MARRYING YOU AND D RLSHP IS NOT BRINGING FORTH ANYTHNG TANGIBLE. . FURTHERMORE IT IS NO TO LATE TO CANCEL YOUR MARRIAGE DATE WITH DIS GUY AT LEAST,IT IS BETA DAN LIVING IN BONDAGE 4 D REST OF UR LIFE. FINALLY,DNT KARE ABOUT HOW TO FACE YOUR FRIENDS EVEN THOUGH U HAVE BOASTED ABOUT DIS GUY. THEY WILL SURELY TALK BUT 1 THNG 4 SURE IS DAT THEY WILL KIP QUIET WHEN THEY ARE TIRED OF TALKING!
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
HARDDON:

Parochail......

Only a tru player wud see tru the second guy's moves n motives.....

You only roast what is within d homestead, and hunters wud give any bait to lure sexy games home...

Hope u dig that, if u didnt, nida do i wink

Kindly explain this.. it seems really deep
Thank you
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
@ugojohnlittle

You want to marry the muslim guy because you don't want your friends to wonder why the love of your life didn't marry you. You are wondering about your fiance's intention in my humble opinion you no holy pass your fiance. You see how you guys are a great match you want to use him as a cover up story his own intentions you'll never know until you are married. Do not concern yourself with what your friends will say they will talk about you then another scandal will happen and they will forget about you

The Love of your life claims to love you yet is committed to another woman when it comes to life we are always choosing either passively or consciously. What are you choosing? sidechic? miserable wife? why would you do this to yourself?

The love of your life didn't choose you if he loves you why didn't he marry you? Why would he rather make another woman happy abeg stay away from confused people they will infect you. Men have left fiancees to marry their true love he can't do that for you yet he is forming lord protector from far he is looking after his own interest to keep you available for himself till he gets tired at same time get married like a good guy.At the end of the day i hope you choose yourself and what is good for you not what is good for loverboy or muslim guy.

Don't wait till you get a job in a far away town before you do what is right and good for you and you know just because the muslim guy is willing to marry you as you are baggage and all does not mean he has bad plans for you he may actually like you and just be in a rush if you don't want him set yourself free from him ASAP.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Adaeze003(f): 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
I kept squinting while reading undecided

Some girls are really trying. I once asked on one thread what is so bad in singlehood and I got a "shoro niyen" as reply grin grin

"He comes to stay with me after work then goes back home to her" note! This will forever be your story if you stay with oilcompany.

As for unemployed, you are getting married to him for all the wrong reasons so chill with that too. Plus he's overly suspicious, I mean claiming another man's kid? Be like he impot... lipsrsealed

Like others said, take a time out and be single for a while. Start afresh I know you're worried about the age but don't make decisions based on that alone.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by chinwe1990(f): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
I was once in a situation like this . U hav made the mistake of dating someone that its obvious u won't marry and being wit him will not make him marry u. So d earlier u leave him d better for u. But then getting married to someone u don't luv is making another bigger mistake. Forget watever he tells u, that marriage is not going to work. I think d best thing to do is to leave the both and travel to a distance place. Where u wil hav less chance to communicate or see them. It wil also give u time to concentrate and make a better choice ! Wish u well !t
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Obaf16(f): 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
misspicy:
oh Lord continue to rain down confusion in the camp of side chicks that will not allow our fiancees and husbands have time for us...amen grin

i no refer to anybody o just making ma own assession
I can't stop laughing,Amennnnn to ur prayer.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by misspicy(f): 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
Obaf16:
I can't stop laughing,Amennnnn to ur prayer.
amen my brother grin
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 06, 2015
Acidosis:
s e x is the only thing that ties people in this manner.

As long as you both continue to meet, you will always continue to have se.x just like every other exes out there.

You can separate for 5 years, the moment you guys set eyes on each other, gbam! another round of s e.x! That's the way it is for 90% of Nigerians (married or not).

Just try and move on; you're not alone. It would be hard to get over him completely (now that you've had se,x with him) grin You can ask everyone around you.

I am 2days old in marriage now.
I could not relocate.
It's even more complicated now. Having sex with this guy seems like a chore, I do not enjoy it and all that I think of is my boyfriend. I honestly can't get over him and please don't judge me or call me mean names, I can't explain why I feel this way.
However, I am once again pregnant for my boyfriend...this was strategic, I can't let go of that love. But, no one knows this.

Every free time I get I call my boyfriend and it just feels like a spell. He is extremely devastated though he always acts like he is okay when we talk but I know him so well and I sense it. I called him just before this post and he picked at the first ring and his voice doesn't sound like he has had any sleep all night.

I feel guilty and honestly marriage should not be the end point of any love relationship.

I don't know if I'd ever get over him in life.

I honestly felt he was gonna dump me when he got married and if I know all I know now, I will happily have remained single.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by MurderX: 4:06am On Dec 06, 2015
Ugojohnlittle or whatever you call yourself, go get a life and stop this pathetic fake story. Liar, liar!
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 06, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

I am not a gold digger... it was an emotional burden that pushed me into this entanglement.
I just need honest advices. Even if I get married, my heart belongs with my boyfriend. It's sad when you meet the right people at the wrong time.
This is my predicament.
Islam does not encourage courtship before marriage but I know marrying a stranger is a surefire to marriage disaster, but its worse here as I don't even accept this guy as a mere date.
My family don't see it as a problem. What if I marry him and he suffers from convulsion or is a wife batterer
He doesn't see any sense in it and said he will stick to that date and if I don't show up at the mosque, he will consider it his fate.
Advice me

His fate ke, what kind of man talks like that? Pls don't marry him because your family doesn't see any problem with it, remember it's you not your family that would spend the rest of your life with him, moreso your religion permits up to 4 wives, do you want to end up being an unhappy old side-hag in the near future?

But then, you have to cut ties completely with the other guy, how can you be saying your "boyfriend" has a fiancee, and your heart remains with him? Well, your heart would remain with him after he's married too right? you'd never be able to have a good angle on life and relationships if you don't free yourself from the first mess you got into, Pls go and collect your heart back from him.

Tell the moslem suitor that you need time, to clear things up, if he wouldn't wait for you, Pls let him go. You have a life beyond this two men.

Albeit you didn't give us your own background, what your educational and financial status, maybe we can advise you better if we have a hint on that too.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by NinaNigeria(f): 7:20am On Dec 06, 2015
Leave de christian coz he has a fiance', and leave de muslim coz u dnt love him. Other u wil have de worst marriage ever. B patient and weight for yo own man
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 06, 2015
End time Gold digger
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 06, 2015
NinaNigeria:
Leave de christian coz he has a fiance', and leave de muslim coz u dnt love him. Other u wil have de worst marriage ever. B patient and weight for yo own man

I just got married to him on the 4th of December.
It feels awkward, like I am in the wrong place already. All I do is tolerate him and I wonder if I'd ever get to the acceptance stage.

I wrote this before.

I could not relocate.
It's even more complicated now. Having sex with this guy seems like a chore, I do not enjoy it and all that I think of is my boyfriend. I honestly can't get over him and please don't judge me or call me mean names, I can't explain why I feel this way.
However, I am once again pregnant for my boyfriend...this was strategic, I can't let go of that love. But, no one knows this.

Every free time I get I call my boyfriend and it just feels like a spell. He is extremely devastated though he always acts like he is okay when we talk but I know him so well and I sense it. I called him just before this post and he picked at the first ring and his voice doesn't sound like he has had any sleep all night.

I feel guilty and honestly marriage should not be the end point of any love relationship.

I honestly felt he was gonna dump me when he got married and if I know all I know now, I will happily have remained single.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by NinaNigeria(f): 8:52am On Dec 06, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

It feels awkward, like I am in the wrong place already. All I do is tolerate him and I wonder if I'd ever get to the acceptance stage.

I wrote this before.

I could not relocate.

okay doll. Wats done is done. Leave dat christian alone girl. Unless u wana b hurt further. U r nw married, so b good to yo husband. Try, if u keep trying, u wil eventually love him too

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by duduade: 10:39am On Dec 06, 2015
MurderX:
Ugojohnlittle or whatever you call yourself, go get a life and stop this pathetic fake story. Liar, liar!

I SWEAR ...
EVEN ME I CONFUSE
WHICH KAIN SUPERSTORY BE THIS.....?
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by MurderX: 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
duduade:

I SWEAR ...
EVEN ME I CONFUSE
WHICH KAIN SUPERSTORY BE THIS.....?

No mind the liar, e go soon direct us to one blog or the other.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by SFSNIPER(m): 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
Please wat are the name of the drugs? My friend's galfrnd is two months pregnant and they need to have an abortion. URGENT
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Aitee1: 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
MurderX:

No mind the liar, e go soon direct us to one blog or the other.

grin grin

To be bored is not good oh, I'm just nodding my head to the fake story like it's a movie

Op I know it all a lie but the story sweet sha grin
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Aitee1: 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
SFSNIPER:
Please wat are the name of the drugs? My friend's galfrnd is two months pregnant and they need to have an abortion. URGENT

Just two spoonful of snipper mix with half glass of Kai Kai will do the magic, thank me later. sad
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by ednut1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Wtf is all this.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

I wrote this before.

I could not relocate.

u are insane. I need help
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by SFSNIPER(m): 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
Aitee1:

Just two spoonful of snipper mix with half glass of Kai Kai will do the magic, thank me later. sad

Murderer.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
Aitee1:

MurderX
grin grin

To be bored is not good oh, I'm just nodding my head to the fake story like it's a movie

Op I know it all a lie but the story sweet sha grin

I honestly don't wish you are in a shoe as mine where all you need is someone to hear you wail and help rationalize the mess your heart is in--but if someday you are, I pray you get people who relate to your condition, people who will empathize, constructively criticize or sincerely counsel you. embarassed
Thank you
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Aitee1: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

I honestly don't wish you are in a shoe as mine where all you need is someone to hear you wail and help rationalize the mess your heart is in--but if someday you are, I pray you get people who relate to your condition, people who will empathize, constructively criticize or sincerely counsel you. embarassed
Thank you

First off I'm sorry for the sarcasm! Deeply sorry!!!

Now tell me something is this story real?
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by dimarket(m): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
Continue to dey lie o..oniro buruku
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by honourhim: 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

I work in a Promasidor key distributor's office and I also have a HND from Kwara Poly.

Pls i will like to discuss with you concerniing Promasidor products since you work with their key distributor. Kindly give me your email. Thanks.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:05am On Dec 08, 2015
ugojohnlittle:
Good morning all,
I am a 27year old lady. I went into a relationship with a young Ikwerre guy exactly a year ago, he is 31 years old and works in an oil servicing firm here in Port Harcourt, we grew so in love with each other but there were two problems.
First; I am a Muslim while he is a Christian, and the second being being that he told me when we began our relationship that he was already engaged to a lady who was doing her masters in Scotland.
I was devastated at first, but he was just so nice and our compatibility was like no other, I just couldn't afford to lose him so we continued our relationship despite pressure from friends and family to leave him because of his religion.(no one knows of his relationship status) we still stuck together and like no man I've known, he was completely faithful to me.
Around July this year, his girlfriend came back from Scotland and visited, he told me when she got in and even told me when she'd be visiting.
He promised me that things won't change, the only thing being I couldn't visit him at home..to make up for this, he came straight to spend time with me once he closed from work and then will go home to her. I was really heartbroken then staying at home imagining what may have been going on with them. It was even worse when I called sometimes and he would not pick but will return the call later or in the morning.
She spent a week and went back to Calabar as she works with a Strategic Consultancy firm there. My boyfriend came back and told me to please understand that his heart truly belongs with me and that no one can take my place.
I however discovered from him that she came to conclude their marriage plans and that they were getting married in February 2016. I wanted to die, the thought of losing him was so painful, I was heartbroken and needed someone to cry to. He was with me all through this trying times assuring me that he'd forever be there for me and adviced me to take things easy.

All the while there was this guy that has been pestering me on whatsapp that he was crazy about me, begging me to give him a chance. I had always told him unequivocally that I was in love and in a relationship with someone else and warned him never to call me again
This guy does not have a job, he is a petty soft drink retailer, a devout muslim and acts extremely timid and naive he has a HND in engineering. I told him I was not interested and he said I should give him a chance.
I then told him never to call me that if he was serious he should come and meet my family.
The next day he was in my house with his people that he wanted to marry me.
My parents accepted him as they wanted me to break up with the Christian. He said he wanted to perform the islamic traditional rites by that weekend and I said no way. My whole relatives and friends begged me to accept him.
But my only reason for this was that I didn't know how to face my friends if they learnt that my boyfriend who I boasted was the best in the world married someone else. So I wanted to marry before he did.
I told the muslim guy that I did not love him and confessed to him that I was pregnant for my boyfriend, he said he didn't mind, that he will claim the pregnancy, he has also said he will not even hug me till our wedding night. I have aborted the baby as I took some drugs that made me bleed, my boyfriend wants me to keep the baby but we were cared that the drugs I took without his consent might affect the foetus or cause complications as the pregnancy progressed...the muslim guy does not know this

I do not know anything about him, I just know he still stays with his parents, and sisters and even has a sister who is back home from a failed marriage.

There are a few fishy signs, he said he broke up with his ex and changed his lines because of her, that I consider as being callous,
He also said his mom always disapproves of his choice of women but that she accepted me because of my calm disposition..but i am not calm, I am very opinionated and temperamental when you get to really know me. So it means his parents are domineering.
Whenever I don't take his call or tell him not to come see me, he calls all my family members reporting me.

I did not tell my boyfriend what happened and told him I wanted to let him move on, he probed further and I told him that someone had come for my hand in marriage.
He was really heartbroken that I stabbed him at the back, he said why did I not carry him along afterall he was always there for me. He was so heart broken and I felt so guilty, he said he will let me follow my heart and that he was hurt that I did not love him unconditionally. I begged him not to and almost killed myself when he told me to go my way.
We however made up and he started rationalizing it, telling me not to get married out of condition or compulsion. That my only fear was that I would share him with another lady but if I rushed into marriage, that the guy had the option to marry 3 more wives if it was not working with me and I will be stuck with my fear of forever sharing my man.

My boyfriend and his friends have begged me not to rush in to a marriage with some one I don't love but we have fixed the marriage date for December 4th this year.
I do not love him at all and he knows I am still seeing my boyfriend, he says that love will grow that he will let me do whatever I want to.
My boyfriend wants to prevent me from making this mistake according to him and is trying to get me a job away from here so I can relocate and clear my head. He says he loves me selflessly and will not allow me go into an unhappy family.
This other guy said if we get married and I get a job he will allow me relocate.
Please advice me what to do as I know I will forever love my boyfriend and this other guy is acting too suspicious.

Could this be love, what do I do now?

The first guy is using you.

Wanting to marry this other guy that disgusts you, just so you can save face is beyond stupid.

To get what you really want, most times, you have to create space for it.

The first guy doesn't really care about you. If he does, he would have let you go a long time ago. And if there had been space...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Wedding Today. / WHEN SHE SAYS AM A VIRGIN THEN THIS HAPPENS /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.