Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? (5686 Views)

Marriage Decision / Is A Guy's Job A Criteria For Deciding if He will Be A Right Marriage Partner??? / Am I Taking This Too Far?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 27, 2015
agarawu23:
If @27 you are still screening, I wonder what will end up with you. undecided

You are dying for a b!tch that's taking you as his sidechick because he works in an oil firm abi? You knew he had a gf and you went ahead to waste your time with him and you are here saying crap undecided

You better hold the present guy that is ready to take you along and take you for whom you are. You better forget his job level because nobody knows tomorrow since he has a PhD which means things might be well with him tomorrow if God wishes smiley

If I hear you repeat that your old bf here again eh! You go chop igbaju undecided
Your comments on sensitive issues like this are always preposterous. She should go ahead and marry someone she doesn't love or know because she's 27? Goodness me! I can't deal! What do you think marriage is? Something you jump into because you're getting old?

Op, what you need to do is to stay away from both of them and clear your head.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by agarawu23(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2015
PinkBarbie:
Your comments on sensitive issues like this are always preposterous. She should go ahead and marry someone she doesn't love or know because she's 27? Goodness me! I can't deal!

Op, what you need to do is to stay away from both of them and clear your head.
OK na
She should go and marry the guy that's getting married to another girl soon.

Or she should stop the upcoming wedding arrangement and remain single.

She can make the decision herself
I only gave her my own opinion I will gv to my sister.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 27, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

Thank you so much for this advice, my family once arranged a muslim guy for me who already brought things to marry me but I eloped. He wasn't educated and my siblings supported me, they said I should be allowed to make my choice.
I have convinced my parents that I can't marry this guy and that I dont love him, my mom says that love will grow and the only thing they are using against me is that I brought this one myself...so why will I change my mind. That I am spiritually possessed.

I have never felt this in love with anyone, I once travelled out of town to forget him, but I just can't. It is not working. We are obsessed with each other and I know he would have been with me if we met earlier.

I work in a Promasidor key distributor's office and I also have a HND from Kwara Poly.
Good..At least u've got sth doing 4 urself. If u make up ur mind to forget bout this man u claim to be obsessed with,then u surely will...with time. That man's no good 4 u. I feel like begging not to do this-nursing hope as regards a future with him. But u'd still go ahead to do what u want. Even if he leaves hz fiancé to marry u,karma 'll catch up with u 4 destroying her relationship, coz she was there before u and u knew it.
And what's the guarantee that when u get married he won't cheat on u,since he conveniently cheated on his fiancee...And what's the guarantee,also,that there's no other side chic of his somewhere?
My dear,pls move on. Put all of these behind you. Look 4 long-lasting happiness:Everybody deserves that. Don't settle 4 less.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 27, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

Thank you so much for this advice, my family once arranged a muslim guy for me who already brought things to marry me but I eloped. He wasn't educated and my siblings supported me, they said I should be allowed to make my choice.
I have convinced my parents that I can't marry this guy and that I dont love him, my mom says that love will grow and the only thing they are using against me is that I brought this one myself...so why will I change my mind. That I am spiritually possessed.

I have never felt this in love with anyone, I once travelled out of town to forget him, but I just can't. It is not working. We are obsessed with each other and I know he would have been with me if we met earlier.

I work in a Promasidor key distributor's office and I also have a HND from Kwara Poly.
Good..At least u've got sth doing 4 urself. If u make up ur mind to forget bout this man u claim to be obsessed with,then u surely will...with time. That man's no good 4 u. I feel like begging u not to do this-nursing hope as regards a future with him. But u'd still go ahead to do what u want. Even if he leaves hz fiancé to marry u,karma 'll catch up with u 4 destroying her relationship, coz she was there before u and u knew it.

And what's the guarantee that when u get married he won't cheat on u,since he conveniently cheated on his fiancee?...And what's the guarantee,also,that there's no other side chic of his somewhere?

My dear,pls move on. Put all of these behind you. Look 4 long-lasting happiness:Everybody deserves that. Don't settle 4 less.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 27, 2015
This kind of situation is what gave birth to:
~Isaac & Ishmael
~Christians & Muslim
~Peace & violate
~Boko Haram & None fighters (Christians) Genesis 16:11,12-down

Abeg, marry your type. So that another Isaac & Ishmael will not emerge.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 27, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

You have to understand that you have power over your mind. Until you start exercising that power, you won't be able to forget him. At certain stages of relationships, it's possible to forget someone when they are out of sight but it can get so deep that, out of sight will no longer work and that's where you're in now. What you need to do is to stop processing thoughts of him in your mind. When they come, don't dwell on them. Instead, throw the thought in a wastebin. It might seem hard at first but trust me, that's your only option.

I think you should also remove the personal information you put up there in your last paragraph.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 27, 2015
ugojohnlittle:

Who never fall in love before? we all at one point in time fall in love with the wrong person but in your case it's desperation. I see you can go to any length to get your bf to marry you. Leave the guy and his fiancée alone and wait for your own man. This is what teens should be saying not an adult.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Good..At least u've got sth doing 4 urself. If u make up ur mind to forget bout this man u claim to be obsessed with,then u surely will...with time. That man's no good 4 u. I feel like begging not to do this-nursing hope as regards a future with him. But u'd still go ahead to do what u want. Even if he leaves hz fiancé to marry u,karma 'll catch up with u 4 destroying her relationship, coz she was there before u and u knew it.

And what's the guarantee that when u get married he won't cheat on u,since he conveniently cheated on his fiancee?...And what's the guarantee,also,that there's no other side chic of his somewhere?

On point!

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2015
Oyind17:

This spicy eeh
Cc
Prettythickme

omotayo123

JollyJoy

Ladyx

Estharfabian

come and advice a sister

LoL..."grin" my dear, wetin I go talk? NL don advice am finish nah...cool wetin my own small 2Cents go change!? "grin"

Anyways...*Back to proper English* tongue

Uhm...Op..You've said it all..Mr Muslim Adores You.

..He even stood by You even when he knew You got Pregnant..cry
..He Knows You Love some Other Guy And he's still willing to Marry You..
...The Assholic Christian guy had a Fiancé n still dated you (Side-Chick)..LoL! think of what he'll do when he finally marries you...undecided

If you ask me? the Muslim guy is an Angel and I'll pick him anyday...anytime.."grin"

Oyind17...Ah don talk my own..over to You abeg *drops mic*
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2015
PinkBarbie:
On point!
Fanks..I hope the OP thinks so,too.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by fakooblak(m): 11:41am On Oct 27, 2015
U ve actually made a great mistake
1. U knew ur boyfriend is engaged and u allowed him to impregnate you,and even abort d pregnancy all in the name of Love.
2. U claimed u didn't love d muslim guy nd u told him to visit ur parents if he needs u, nd u even fix a date for ur. marriage.

My sister u re sitting on a loooooonnnng thing.
Anyway its nt too late u can start a new life. I'm available anyway.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by StPete: 11:42am On Oct 27, 2015
The guy is simply eating his cake and having it. And this OP is so foolish to tag along.

I mean for heaven’s sake, do you have to date or marry either of them abi men done finish for your world?

Take a break and clear your head jor. No relationships in the interim. Go away as far as possible from either of both men.

Do not contact them nor allow them contact you.

By the time you have had a clear breath of fresh air, usually around 6 months, look for a decent guy to start with.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 27, 2015
StPete:
The guy is simply eating his cake and having it. And this OP is so foolish to tag along.

I mean for heaven’s sake, do you have to date or marry either of them abi men done finish for your world?

Take a break and clear your head jor. No relationships in the interim. Go away as far as possible from either of both men.

This is exactly what I want to do. But I can't just relocate, I wish I could just get a job away from here, I am applying randomly for work so as to have a legitimate reason to leave town thereby ending the marriage plans.

By the time you have had a clear breath of fresh air, usually around 6 months, look for a decent guy to start with.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2015
StPete:

This is exactly what I want to do. But I can't just relocate, I wish I could just get a job away from here, I am applying randomly for work so as to have a legitimate reason to leave town thereby ending the marriage plans

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Omotayor123(f): 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
misspicy:

Oyind17 thanks for inviting me. No be small tory grin
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by LadyX(f): 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
Oyind17:

This spicy eeh
Cc
Pretty.thickme
omotayo.123
Jolly.Joy
Ladyx
Esthar.biafra
come and advice a sister

Sister Oyin, NL don advice her finish cheesy

@ Op, flee from that so called boyfriend. He's pretending to be hurting just to blackmail you emotionally. If he loved you as he claims, he would have married you when he got you pregnant. But what did he do? He decided to stick with his girlfriend. He's only claiming love because he knows when you leave him there will be no free s*x.

As for the Muslim guy, I don't know what to say. Why would you want to be stuck with someone you don't like for life?

My 2 cents.

CC. ugojohnlittle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by NinaNigeria(f): 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
so u don't wana marry the muslim coz u don't love him and he is a "petty soft drink retailer". mxm bitches like u upset the heck out of me. Well let the muslim go, coz he deserves a better woman than your stupid self. I wish he gets a really good girl who loves him, and he gets a better job or bzns deal which will make him a millionaire in American dollars. while the Christian marries the masters girl. You on the other hand have proven that u r a stupid home wrecker who does not value her self, and allows herself to be used as a intimacy gadget. how the hell did u allow yourself to go in to a relationship with a man who has a woman in the first place? bitch u need brain pills coz u don't have none. abeg with all due respect, keep being the sidechick of your little male hoe, while he marries this other chick. I wish he impregnates u with triplets and dumps u after wards, so that u can wake up when u r 35, single and not a threat to many men who don't wana be step daddies. bithc use your brain and dump that fool of yours who u call a boyfriend. leave the soft drink guy alone coz he deserves a real woman. just clear your mind for sometime before starting a relationship. your problem is that u do things for people. bet u bragged about he oil guy just bcoz of his job, and now u don't want the ppl u were bragging to, to realise that u were a little concubine and nothing else. how some girls think I don't understand. don't u know dat u should be someone's queen and not his prostitute. bitch grow up
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
grin[quote author=Omotayor123 post=39410985] Oyind1.7 thanks for inviting me. No be small tory grin You're welcome sweetheart cheesy grin
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by gunners160(m): 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
NinaNigeria:
so u don't wana marry the muslim coz u don't love him and he is a "petty soft drink retailer". mxm bitches like u upset the heck out of me. Well let the muslim go, coz he deserves a better woman than your stupid self. I wish he gets a really good girl who loves him, and he gets a better job or bzns deal which will make him a millionaire in American dollars. while the Christian marries the masters girl. You on the other hand have proven that u r a stupid home wrecker who does not value her self, and allows herself to be used as a intimacy gadget. how the hell did u allow yourself to go in to a relationship with a man who has a woman in the first place? bitch u need brain pills coz u don't have none. abeg with all due respect, keep being the sidechick of your little male hoe, while he marries this other chick. I wish he impregnates u with triplets and dumps u after wards, so that u can wake up when u r 35, single and not a threat to many men who don't wana be step daddies. bithc use your brain and dump that fool of yours who u call a boyfriend. leave the soft drink guy alone coz he deserves a real woman. just clear your mind for sometime before starting a relationship. your problem is that u do things for people. bet u bragged about he oil guy just bcoz of his job, and now u don't want the ppl u were bragging to, to realise that u were a little concubine and nothing else. how some girls think I don't understand. don't u know dat u should be someone's queen and not his prostitute. bitch grow up
think b4 u insult and advice . . .D brain is meant for thinking and not for spewing rubbish

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by NinaNigeria(f): 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
gunners160:
think b4 u insult and advice . . .D brain is meant for thinking and not for spewing rubbish

u see the rubbish I have spewed? now that is my thought, so take it, don't take it, I don't care. its not gona change the price of fuel, sooo see yaaahhhh.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
gunners160:
COULD THIS BE LOVE?the answer is a big "NO" and it will never be love.First and foremost,I will like you to know that there is no crime in falling in love but that does not mean 1 should not think with his/her brains.
The first guy you dated played a mind game on you because he saw your weakness and he used it against you.first,he knows very well he can't get married to you because you are a muslim so he told you the truth knowing fully well you won't break up with him thereby in future when the lady he really wants to get married to should come you won't have anythng to say or accuse him of cheating because he told you beforehand that he has some1 he wants to get married.
Secondly,When he knew you wr about to get married to some1else he pretended to be heartbroken and also pushed the blame on you. Funny enough he himself has some1else he wants to get married to by Febuary and funny enough it really worked on you to the extent you went ahead trying to kill yourself forgeting that "nobody is indispensable".
For the second guy,he is a complete pretender. Yes,"A pretender.
1.He knows you are seeing anoda guy yet he does not care pls tell me which guy will see his fiancee dating anoda guy and will be comfortable with it?
2.He knew you are pregnant 4 sum1else and he mumulishly wants to be d fada do you think it is ordinary
3.You dnt knw anything abt him ask yourself "why".The answer is because he pretends and dnt want you to know about him.
4 He has no job and staying with is parents pls tell me where wuld u be sleeping if he gets married to you?or how is he going to fed you?.Lastly,he is imature and reports to your family every time wo trying to handle things himself.
SOLUTION: PLS,TAKE YOUR TIME AND DNT RUSH INTO MARRIAGE BECOS YOU WILL RUSH OUT. TRY AND LOOK 4 ANODA JOB ELSEWHERE AS THIS WILL GIVE YOU TIME TO USE YOUR BRAINS AND NOT YOUR HEART WHEN DEALING WITH RLSHP ISSUES.THE SECOND GUY HAS 3 OPTIONS TO MARRY ANODA WOMAN IF HE ENDS UP MARRYING YOU AND D RLSHP IS NOT BRINGING FORTH ANYTHNG TANGIBLE. . FURTHERMORE IT IS NO TO LATE TO CANCEL YOUR MARRIAGE DATE WITH DIS GUY AT LEAST,IT IS BETA DAN LIVING IN BONDAGE 4 D REST OF UR LIFE. FINALLY,DNT KARE ABOUT HOW TO FACE YOUR FRIENDS EVEN THOUGH U HAVE BOASTED ABOUT DIS GUY. THEY WILL SURELY TALK BUT 1 THNG 4 SURE IS DAT THEY WILL KIP QUIET WHEN THEY ARE TIRED OF TALKING!

I rate this 100%'
Thank you and may Allah bless you for your honesty.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Op, you can't do this, you can't get married to any of these guys! Start afresh!!!!!
The Christian guy is just out of it, and honestly he loves the other girl more than he loves you, cause if he was going to marry her out of pity and not happiness, he wouldn't advise you against making a grave mistake of marrying someone you ain't in love with. He's obviously happy and satisfied with the girl he's getting married to and what he feels for you is just pity!!!!

The Muslim guy, seems like a good guy but honey, don't be decieved by his good deeds o! When a guy wants something from a girl especially when the girl isn't in love with him or shows Lil or no interest in him, the guy would do everything in his power to win her heart and once that has been achieved you'd begin to see his true colors.

Finally, you cannot marry anyone out of pity...please don't even try it! The marriage would be a total disaster unless of course God intervenes.

I'd advise you start your life all over again...someone great and just perfect for you is definitely out there, and you need to be extremely prayerful to meet this guy that'd give you the true meaning of Love.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by HARDDON: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
Estharfabian:
LoL..."grin" my dear, wetin I go talk? NL don advice am finish nah...cool wetin my own small 2Cents go change!? "grin"

Anyways...*Back to proper English* tongue

Uhm...Op..You've said it all..Mr Muslim Adores You.

..He even stood by You even when he knew You got Pregnant..cry
..He Knows You Love some Other Guy And he's still willing to Marry You..

...The Assholic Christian guy had a Fiancé n still dated you (Side-Chick)..LoL! think of what he'll do when he finally marries you...undecided

If you ask me? the Muslim guy is an Angel and I'll pick him anyday...anytime.."grin"

Oyind17...Ah don talk my own..over to You abeg *drops mic*

Monocultured
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
HARDDON:

Monocultured
I'm sorry?? Whatcha Tryna say? shocked "grin"
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by HARDDON: 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
Estharfabian:
I'm sorry?? Whatcha Tryna say? shocked "grin"

Parochail......

Only a tru player wud see tru the second guy's moves n motives.....

You only roast what is within d homestead, and hunters wud give any bait to lure sexy games home...

Hope u dig that, if u didnt, nida do i wink

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Acidosis(m): 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
grin

One chance
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Acidosis(m): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
I'm very sure you would have considered the HND guy had it been he equally works in an OYEL servicing company.

Just keep calm, marriage is not by force.
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
HARDDON:

Parochail......

Only a tru player wud see tru the second guy's moves n motives.....

You only roast what is within d homestead, and hunters wud give any bait to lure sexy games home...

Hope u dig that, if u didnt, nida do i wink
*Walks away*
before I get some cyber madcow's disease...undecided
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by suzzy16(f): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
Oyind17:
I dey cum, make I finish I go modify

You want your Christian boyfriend to leave his fiancée and be with you, right? And don't want to marry the other guy cos of what your friends will say right?

You will end up loosing in this selfish game of yours. You said the Christian is faithful you forget he's cheating on his fiancée.
I'll advice you to either marry the Muslim or you. wait till you see someone you love. Forget about the guy that is engaged, you are just his sextool

yeah,seriously
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Bin3(f): 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by suzzy16(f): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
gamaliel121:
Love or no love.. What does not belong to u is not yours... So you want the other hommie to leave his fiancee for u? because u love him? Fucck love Do the right thing niggress... Leave that bf alone..and fall in love with another person.... You guys will knowingly ruin your lives and come here for advice... Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww

And thumbs up to that bf u love... For controlling 2 bit-cheese well.. Your are his sextool...to him..ur just his freee pucciiiiiii.... Hahahahahahaha
harsh bt good advise
Re: Please Advice Me Am I Taking The Right Marriage Decision??? by Acidosis(m): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
s e x is the only thing that ties people in this manner.

As long as you both continue to meet, you will always continue to have se.x just like every other exes out there.

You can separate for 5 years, the moment you guys set eyes on each other, gbam! another round of s e.x! That's the way it is for 90% of Nigerians (married or not).

Just try and move on; you're not alone. It would be hard to get over him completely (now that you've had se,x with him) grin You can ask everyone around you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Confessions Of A Nairalander (Advice And Support Needed) / When Your Boyfriend Hits You Hard While At Sleep / 12 Types Of Orgasms Most Ladies Like During Sex With Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.