Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? (4370 Views)

See What A Woman Was Spotted Doing While Riding A Bicycle(photo) / Bicycle Ride By Osita Chidoka To Last Federal Executive Meeting (photos) / Man Rides Bicycle From Kaduna To Lagos To Thank Yorubas For Voting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On May 18, 2009
precap2:

Former minister of transport Ojo Maduekwe would have
convinced us of the wisdom of biking to work if he hadn't
broken his rib trying to prove that point.
Some important questions:
1. would you stand smelly bankers while waiting for your cash over the counter?
2. would you vote that FG aircondition the airwaves?
3. or would you rather vote for subsidizing deodorants?
4. would you vote for free hernia operation (in case the need arises)?
5. would the president ride also (leading by example)?
6. would he ride to welcome visiting German Chancellor?

Huge joke. . . hu?

Necessity, they say, is the mother of all inventions. I have a kit I take to work with me. In fact, in my locker at work, I have deodorant, wipes, towel, and even perfume and clean teeshirt for me to use when I need it. If you have to ride in the hot sun, then you come up with ways that best suit you, you keep fresh the rest of the day. Simple as that!
Re: Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? by Nignog: 2:51pm On May 18, 2009
I ride a bike in Nigeria when they start making dem bullet proof. oooooooooooooooooh
De holes in de road is bigger than de bike
Re: Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? by Jaytee67(m): 5:19pm On May 18, 2009
I wouldn't give up my car for a bicycle simply because there is queue for fuel in Nigeria. If I need bicycle ride for exercise, that will only be during recreation periods and in a safe environment.
Re: Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? by slimes(m): 11:32am On Oct 14, 2009
This isn't realistic. Nigeria is not a small village for you to try out your riding skills. Well, most green countries encourage bicycles and greener cars too. So before you set out with your bicycle for work, think about your Expected time of Arrival b4 you ride into a querry.
Re: Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? by MrCrackles(m): 11:34am On Oct 14, 2009
Topic
I have. . .
Infact i just went totally green!
Re: Would You Give Up Your Car For A Bicycle? by FBS: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2009
Only in a "safe" environment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida / Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej / Is President Jonathan Being Laughed At During His UN Address.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.