Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? (25499 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by tajudeent: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
BlackHuman:
Well, if i i'm in d mood i simply mutter my requests to him, and if he wants to, he just might grant them and if not, i move on...Unlike most religious people, i don't believe he is obligated to grant the desires of every one of the 6billion Homo-Sapiens he created on Planet Earth....I suggest that read a book like ....._"THE AGE OF REASON" by Thomas Paine. It will expose u to see Religion for what it really is and will liberate your mind from the Shackles that Religion has put on many people.

When you pray in Islam it is believed you have done something good. If your wish is not granted, your reward is waiting for you on the judgement day
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
accountable:
I sincerely do not mean to sound abusive and if I do please pardon me. I have personally thought that atheists belong to either one of two categories regarding evidence of God's existence....1. BLIND.. those who do not see evidence, these also do not see evidence of the existence of anything spiritual. 2. FOOL. Those who deny evidence. Because only a fool denies evidence. Again no abuse intended.
The first category should be pitied because their blindness is the very first evidence of spiritual forces. Of course there are witches, it`s not just a coincidence that every dialect worldwide has a name for them. Demons are real,, same the devil. Covens are real, of course they are. They are older than the earth. But Jesus is lord.
The second category should be ignored.

You don't mean to be offensive but you're downright condescending.

Are they Blind because they demand concrete Evidence to believe in the existence of a God who contradicts himself in ways that simple logic can find out.

Also are they Fools because till this day, after all the time Humanity has spent in Revering Divinity, He God has not shown himself to Man. So anyone with a questioning and discerning mind can choose to disregard the fairytale called religion and be. at peace with themselves while the Believer can continue to engage in “ Spiritual warfare" against the witches you're so sure are plotting malevolent tricks for You.

3 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by trapQ: 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
yes!!! I've seen things. you'll still doubt the authenticity, which is why I won't elaborate.
donnffd:

Please tell me, have you seen anything supernatural with your own eyes before?, I am not talking about faith, o mean things that defy physics and laws of nature? Please if u have,explain it in clear terms
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by EnimeBassey(m): 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
paranorman:
Before I contribute, why do you choose to believe in the existence of God? What are you convictions?
. First off, there is God Almighty and that is without a doubt. I read an articule about such argument and this is how it went.
A man who believed in God went to a barber's shop for a cut. While there there was the heated argument that there is no God but he couldn't defend it. The barber said if there was God why are there helpless and homeless pple all over the street? God could have helped them all. So he kept quiet.
Went he finished from there, he stepped out and saw some guys with unkempt hair. He then quickly rushed in and told the barber that there is no barber. The barber looked at him sarcastically and said, I'm a barber and I exist, he said no u don't cuz if u do, u would have cut those guys hair.
The lesson there is that we choose to let God be our God. Poeple choose what they want. If u don't pray to God, He is not obligated to do anything for u but He still gave us His grace and His mercy endures forever
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by tajudeent: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ravenwolf:

You don't mean to be offensive but you're downright condescending.

Are they Blind because they demand concrete Evidence to believe in the existence of a God who contradicts himself in ways that simple logic can find out.

Also are they Fools because till this day, after all the time Humanity has spent in Revering Divinity, He God has not shown himself to Man. So anyone with a questioning and discerning mind can choose to disregard the fairytale called religion and be. at peace with themselves while the Believer can continue to engage in “ Spiritual warfare" against the witches you're so sure are plotting malevolent tricks for You.

Great mistake God is not like matter you cannot see him. Can you even see your mind, feeling or speech? Yet we are influence by them. God is not like anything we know.

Wake up!

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
YourMain:

Right. You BELIEVE that God created gravity. You don't have proof. It's not a universal fact. Thus it's just your belief.

Miss, we seem to be going in entirely different directions.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Lasveg(m): 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
( isa. 13:15-18; 2 kings 2:23,24; zech. 14:2; num 31:7-18; deut 22:20-21, 28-29; hos. 13:16; lev. 26:29; 1sam 15:2-3)

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by MrDavidson: 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
The Bible says "The fool has said in his heart, 'There's no God'..." It didn't end there; that passage went ahead to tell us why: "They've done abominable works..." Psalms 14:1.
From that passage, we can see that one of the main reasons people why choose to blind their eyes to disbelieve the existence of God is this: to allow themselves do as much wickedness as they can without, feeling guilty that they would be held accountable by Him one day (when they die).

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by ruffyola(m): 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
donnffd:

Please tell me, have you seen anything supernatural with your own eyes before?, I am not talking about faith, o mean things that defy physics and laws of nature? Please if u have,explain it in clear terms
I av witnessed this and i don't know if u av anoda prove to disapprove it as being supernatural.
I once lived in a room which got burnt but only the Quran in my room remained intact, even the textbook that was under it got burnt.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by paranorman(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
EnimeBassey:
. First off, there is God Almighty and that is without a doubt. I read an articule about such argument and this is how it went.
A man who believed in God went to a barber's shop for a cut. While there there was the heated argument that there is no God but he couldn't defend it. The barber said if there was God why are there helpless and homeless pple all over the street? God could have helped them all. So he kept quiet.
Went he finished from there, he stepped out and saw some guys with unkempt hair. He then quickly rushed in and told the barber that there is no barber. The barber looked at him sarcastically and said, I'm a barber and I exist, he said no u don't cuz if u do, u would have cut those guys hair.
The lesson there is that we choose to let God be our God. Poeple choose what they want. If u don't pray to God, He is not obligated to do anything for u but He still gave us His grace and His mercy endures forever
fortunately, I am also a believer.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
tajudeent:

Great mistake God is not like matter you cannot see him. Can you even see your mind, feeling or speech? Yet we are influence by them. God is not like anything we know.

Wake up!

Please don't be so silly as not to notice that my comment was based on the quoted comment's decision to label anyone who questioned his Christian believe set Blind and foolish.

I am not sleeping, I can assure you I observe my world more keenly than you can possibly imagine. Is it my fault that the Bible does not hold up when put against the sword of commonsense, or that natural le have explained a great deal of how our world works. Has anyone seen God, well here's what the Bible says

And the Lord appeared unto him [Abrham] in the plains of Mamre. Genesis 18:1

So Abraham has seen God according to that scripture, and here there's another one that says the opposite.

“Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.“1 Timothy 1:17.

Things like this is the reason why I can afford to disregard the Christianity that I was indoctrinated into as a child who couldn't reason.

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by tajudeent: 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
Lasveg:
Any body who believes in God is a FOOL. How can any sane person believe in a God dat does these things( isa. 13:15-18; 2 kings 2:23,24; zech. 14:2; num 31:7-18; deut 22:20-21, 28-29; hos. 13:16; lev. 26:29; 1sam 15:2-3) God killed 42 children because d children were behaving like children, wot a lame God!!

If a master does what it want to his slaves. Can you question the creator?
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by donnffd(m): 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
Walexsammy:
So why is evolution no longer taken place? Or are there no monkeys to undergo evolution again? Or why can't we human undergo evolution into another being?

Like I said, if you don't understand evolution, go read about it before you come asking me questions, when you ask an intelligible question about evolution I would answer...from your statement ,you know nothing about evolution...Google man, it would not hurt

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by donnffd(m): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
U need deliverance man. U re too narrow minded 2 know d truth. Dreams re d windows 2 d spiritual. Im convinced because i av xprienced dreams dat happened 4 real.

What of all the many times you dreamt a meaningless dream? What happened then?

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by ebbyneza(m): 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
donnffd:

I have seen the clouds form the face Jesus, It wasn't Physics that did that!
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by tajudeent: 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ravenwolf:

Please don't be so silly as not to notice that my comment was based on the quoted comment's decision to label anyone who questioned his Christian believe set Blind and foolish.

I am not sleeping, I can assure you I observe my world more keenly than you can possibly imagine. Is it my fault that the Bible does not hold up when put against the sword of commonsense, or that natural le have explained a great deal of how our world works. Has anyone seen God, well here's what the Bible says

And the Lord appeared unto him [Abrham] in the plains of Mamre. Genesis 18:1

So Abraham has seen God according to that scripture, and here there's another one that says the opposite.

“Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.“1 Timothy 1:17.

Things like this is the reason why I can afford to disregard the Christianity that I was indoctrinated into as a child who couldn't reason.
My friend, Wakeup once again, this is no abuse, just asking you to make a shift on your thoughts. I am a Muslim and know how dangerous it is to try to interpret a verse without relating to those before and after it.

That God appeared Abraham doesn't mean he does physically.
It only mean God show him his sign
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by donnffd(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
denigma2:
All these naive exaltation of science as the master of knowledge and existence is grossly unscientific

Which laws of Science (not theories) clearly explain the existence of matter before the Big Bang?

You obviously don't know the difference between theory and law,.....they are both the same thing....a law is a theory and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by donnffd(m): 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
ebbyneza:

I have seen the clouds form the face Jesus, It wasn't Physics that did that!

Lol...that's hilarious, how do u know it was the face of Jesus?, have u seen Jesus before? Apart from the popular image that is

3 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by 3kay945(m): 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
BlackHuman:
I belive in God not because of some blinded faith that most religious people have....my believe is based on simple reasoning and logic,The Systematic way in which the universal and heavenly and Natural bodies operate,clearly shows that it can only have been designed by an intelligent force/mind.....That is why i believe in the existence of a Creator/God Not because one holy book said so or one Jewish Philosopher or one Arabian warrior said so.

Arabian warrior "
Funny you. cool
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by 3kay945(m): 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
ZUBY77:
Just like politics, Black Africans are not yet matured enough to take on this debate. Their badly brainwashed brains can't take on this yet.

Just give them stable Electricity and they will not close their eyes to ask God for Nepa to bring light again.

Give them good irrigation system and see how much they pray for rain.

Give them good roads and see how they pray for God to avoid unnecessary accidents and trailer fallings all over the place.

Give them health insurance and good health system and see how much they go to TB Joshua again for divine healing

Poverty and mismanagement is the problem for now.

A Nigerian visited China. Every morning, he would come out in front of his hotel room to shout to the people about how the world is coming to an end soon and how God is going to destroy everything unless they accept Jesus.

Well, the moment the Chinese government understood what he was saying, he was bundled back to Africa and banned from visiting China again.
They are not building their country for you to come and tell them it will be destroyed by whatever God you think is the best.

Best comment among all.

My peeps are hypocrites, gullible and liars.
grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by princejayboss: 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
tajudeent:

Have you checked out Islam?
In its miracles, the Quran let us know the time fetus spent in human womb thousands of years before science discovered same

I guess you misunderstood me here bro.... To me there is God .... Christians don't necessarily own the bible ..... Islam and Christianity is a big fraud ...... Same people who brought the two religion are the same people hiding the truth about the aliens and its existence....

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by scarred9jan(m): 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Eeser:

Spontaneous seroconversion is a well documented outcome in HBV infection Bro. If you are truly a doctor as you claimed, you will know that. A traditional worshipper who prays to ogun over his HBV status had the same seronegative conversion a few weeks ago. Do you believe in prayers to Ogun?

I just read about Spontaneous Seroconversion. Thanks for enlightening me and please continue to debunk their 'miracle' claim. For a doctor that guy sure is stupid. No wonder our doctors have to undergo retraining if they want to practice abroad. Them go sabi quote bible all day long but what pertains to their profession most are ignorant. No wonder we die like fowls in hospitals over here.

4 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by paulGrundy(m): 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
xtervaganza:
have you seen one happen woth your naked eyes?

Yes! My neighbour was healed of severe chronic rhematoid athritis 14 years ago, up till now, she hasn't had any single symptom. I saw when the pastor touch her and she started walking.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by tajudeent: 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
princejayboss:

I guess you misunderstood me here bro.... To me there is God .... Christians don't necessarily own the bible ..... Islam and Christianity is a big fraud ...... Same people who brought the two religion are the same people hiding the truth about the aliens and its existence....

Check out Islam I will say once again.
In Islam, we believe there are other creation alongside man like Jinn otherwise known as alien.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
accountable:
If there is anywhere in the bible that God, if He deemed it necessary, would have introduced Himself it is Gen 1:1, since the bible does not have any `` about the author``. But what does it say, " In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth". He completely ignores the question concerning whether HE exists......... Why?

Another close call was Exodus 3:13,14, where Moses directly asked GOD of His name. GOD'S answer again regarding his person is astonishing: I AM THAT I AM.

Of course God is aware of atheists, because psalm 53: 1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. But is He deliberately ignoring them? Prov 26:4.
I been wan read this trash but I no say e no go male sense so let me not provoke myself by making myself vex angrily.

So, let me just go str8 2da point and answer according to ur topic.

Is God deliberately ignoring the aetheist?

No He is not! In fact that was the reason Jesus came to die. God loves the aetheist(those that don't believe in Him) but the aetheist with their yeye coconut-ice-blocked head are deliberately ignoring God.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
You really can't read. Can you? Reread my statement.

chuna1985:

Adam, eve, Moses, Noah flood, and so many more same in Koran n old testament.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by selfemployed(m): 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
I will take time to read the arguments and counter arguments. But our atheist brothers has never answered me convincingly as to who is responsible for the ORDER that we have in creation. Without ruler who has the powers to establish order, there would be CHAOS. Somebody must have established order in creation. Don't tell me it just happened because of evolution. Even the order/laws of evolution must have been established by some body/being with intelligence.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
donnffd:

What of all the many times you dreamt a meaningless dream? What happened then?
Not all dreams re from God though.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by cold(m): 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
Smartiegurl:
I won't wanna start telling you things I'm sure u already know..... just stick to ma advice. live and act like God exists, u won't have nothing to loose
Ok i'll think about it

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Miss, we seem to be going in entirely different directions.

Oh. I'm sorry.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by korres00(m): 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
cold:

Yeah..the typical cherrypicking theist. Pick the good stuff and attribute them to your skydaddy. And then try to explain away the evil stuff by injecting some pseudo intelligence into the debate. Reason why i can't keep up with you folks and your desperation to defend your sky fairy. Your god exists? Fine,can you all do us a favour and go fetch him and stop dissipating your energy standing in his defense? Alas that is never going to happen is it? You're going to keep up this rigmarole for as long as it takes..sigh
i laugh at u.
you think you are smart...okay, here is something you should do if u are sure there is no God. Dare God!! Dare him amoung ur friends and family... then emback on a journey alone....lets see if u will make it back alive....aand if you do, then there is no God....mtcheeeew
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by jaytee01(m): 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
EnimeBassey:
So what about those people who fervently pray to him and serve him but are facing daily calamities like those in the boko haram enclave?

Are they not worthy of salvation and security? Do they deserve their fate?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples / Pastor 'One Blow' Involved In Accident After 'Betraying' Bishop Obinim / Little Child Tortured For Days Over Witchcraft Accusation (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.