Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? (25437 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by plaetton: 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

No problem .

But you still haven't told me what energy is , not the elementary definition , and in what form it existed after its self existence .

Any mathematical proof for the self existence of energy?

Lol.
You want me define energy for you, but not the elementary definition? :oo
Meaning?

Other than what you have studied or read in school about energy, what exactly do you want me to add ?

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
You want me define energy for you, but not the elementary definition? :oo
Meaning?

Other than what you have studied or read in school about energy, what exactly do you want me to add ?

Give me from your understanding of Energy and not that it is the ability or capacity to do work cheesy

And I just looked up "the self existence of energy" and I'm afraid you are the alone who has that view/opinion . Please can you post links from credible sources that described energy as self-existent ?

Still can't fathom how energy can be self-existent . My explanation makes more sense to me tongue
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
A. wifi no be juju.
B. men have walked on mars.
C. You understand the world better than all the authors of the Bible put together.

God and his many variants will continue to hide behind man's ignorance.
i pity u cos u are indeed the son of lucifer so i really pity u.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by plaetton: 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Give me from your understanding of Energy and not that it is the ability or capacity to do work cheesy

And I just looked up "the self existence of energy" and I'm afraid you are the alone who has that view/opinion . Please can you post links from credible sources that described energy as self-existent ?

Still can't fathom how energy can be self-existent . My explanation makes more sense to me tongue

If you can't fathom how a thing that can neither be created nor destroyed is self existent, then that is your own limitations.

Try E=mc2

If you understand the implications of that equation, then it should be evident to you.

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
plaetton:

If you can't fathom how a thing that can neither be created nor destroyed is self existent, then that is your own limitations.

Try E=mc2

If you understand the implications of that equation, then it should be evident to you.

Are you implying that since bodies(matter) posses energy and energy is self existent therefore matter is self existent ?
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by onyxo76(m): 6:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
The fool says in his heart there is no God, this is found somewhere in psalms and the bible says that God has no delight in fools.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
plaetton:

Now, I ask you again, what is the meaning of supernatural ,and how does it interface with and affect chance or luck?

Let me ask you . How lucky were we to have our material universe , life on earth and then intelligence in humans ?
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by PLANETMARS(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
keenn:

Can u imagine!

The examples u gave were so hilarious.

I am sure ur grandparent cannot operate a phone, and neither can they build a bridge, does that make them less human?
see how stupid u are,the question was about me not my grand parents olodo.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Let me ask you . How lucky were we to have our material universe , life on earth and then intelligence in humans ?

@plaetton abeg come and answer this one. you can summon textbooks and Google if you want... heck invoke the spirit of Darwin join.

this is one question that the atheists have always found a systematic way to dodge, next thing you will here them say is "natural selection
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by wirinet(m): 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you implying that since bodies(matter) posses energy and energy is self existent therefore matter is self existent ?

Matter does not posses energy, matter is energy. And yes energy is self existent. Energy is all there is.

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by wirinet(m): 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You can call it luck, others call it evolution. The consequences of the evolution of energy lead to creation of fundamental particles, atoms, nebulas, galaxies, stars, planets, life and ultimately intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
wirinet:

Matter does not posses energy, matter is energy. And yes energy is self existent. Energy is all there is.

Matter is not energy and energy being self existent is a mere assumption
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
wirinet:

You can call it luck, others call it evolution. The consequences of the evolution of energy lead to creation of fundamental particles, atoms, nebulas, galaxies, stars, planets, life and ultimately intelligence.

Lol .

If this is an established fact then there is no possibility that the universe could be eternal
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by wirinet(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Matter is not energy and energy being self existent is a mere assumption

If at this age, a person who claims to be educated is arguing that matter is not energy after Einstein gave us E = MC2, then arguing with you is an exercise in futility.

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
wirinet:

If at this age, a person who claims to be educated is arguing that matter is not energy after Einstein gave us E = MC2, then arguing with you is an exercise in futility.

Will I call you uneducated if you don't understand the Turing Test ? I'm not a physicist so its from my basic understanding

Instead explain how matter is energy in relation to the Einstein's equation . And since they are the same why cant we just stick to energy ? Please answer my second post
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
@wirinet ... you still haven't shown how energy is self existent and not eternal .
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by freecocoa(f): 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
harsysky:

There is nothing wrong in your belief. Just that in my belief, if I don't stick with it, I am going to hell. If I believe that Jesus is my savior, I ought to believe in that till the last. You could call me clown or deluded just the same way I'll think you are a clown or deluded person

I hope you don't find anything wrong in it? There are many things you do and believe in, , that when you make it known to people they will be disappointed. But whether they feel disappointed or not, it's your life and you alone will carry your cross.
I don't have a problem as long as you don't go about disturbing me with it or selling it as truth when you can't prove it.

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by wirinet(m): 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Will I call you uneducated if you don't understand the Turing Test ? I'm not a physicist so its from my basic understanding

Instead explain how matter is energy in relation to the Einstein's equation . And since they are the same why cant we just stick to energy ? Please answer my second post

If what i said offended you, then i am sorry. I was surprised you did not know what the E = MC2 equation means. It simply means energy is equal to mass multiplied by a constant. The constant is the speed of light multiplied twice.
It the simplest term, it mean mass is very concentrated energy.

I hope you understand now.

Please explain what you mean by eternal.

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
wirinet:

If what i said offended you, then i am sorry. I was surprised you did not know what the E = MC2 equation means. It simply means energy is equal to mass multiplied by a constant. The constant is the speed of light multiplied twice.
It the simplest term, it mean mass is very concentrated energy.

I hope you understand now.

I'm talking of matter and energy not mass and energy . How is matter = energy .

Please explain what you mean by eternal.

Always existing . Like God is always existing
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by tajudeent: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
wirinet:

Like our my Nokia 3310 evolve to become lumia without the manufacturer input. after all Nokia 3310 is matter grin
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Realist1(m): 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
Smartiegurl:
Do not be a fool but hear me out...live your life believing that God exists, if finally there is God, u have got nothing to loose, if there is still no God, u still got nothing to loose. my 5cent!

Beautiful, you said he should just believe, God or no God right? What if he eventually finds out that he was believing in the wrong God all his life, because there are thousands of religions with their Gods. All religions with spiritual Gods have one underlying problem, that is,no one gets to see their God only them, the believers get to believe,speak for and defend their Gods.If any God exist just show up! Very simple.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Realist1:

Beautiful you said he should just believe God or no God.What if he eventually find out that he was believing in the wrong God all his life because there are thousands of religions with their Gods.All religions have one underlying problem no one gets to see their God only them, the believers get to believe,speak for and defend their Gods.If any God exist just show up! Very simple.

Funny . How many religions have a creator as a god ?
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by wirinet(m): 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm talking of matter and energy not mass and energy . How is matter = energy .

Always existing . Like God is always existing

It is really apparent that you have no knowledge of basic physics. What differentiate matter from energy is mass. Without mass there is no matter. A photon (a unit of electromagnetic energy) is a massless "particle".

Like i said, all there is, was and ever be is energy.

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by tajudeent: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
Realist1:

Beautiful you said he should just believe God or no God.What if he eventually find out that he was believing in the wrong God all his life because there are thousands of religions with their Gods.All religions have one underlying problem no one gets to see their God only them, the believers get to believe,speak for and defend their Gods.If any God exist just show up! Very simple.

If God show up like your like your friend, How does that make him special? His presence is within, out side and beyond all creation.

God Almighty is not a matter he can't be seen!
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
wirinet:

It is really apparent that you have no knowledge of basic physics.

Wow . Already ?

What differentiate matter from energy is mass. Without mass there is no matter. A photon (a unit of electromagnetic energy) is a massless "particle".

ok
Like i said, all there is, was and ever be is energy.

Ahh ... pantheism

So the universe cannot be eternal - has always existed ?
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by oluamid(m): 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
What really irks me is to see theists try to prove the existence of God by quoting religious texts like the Bible or the Koran. Like, does any sensible person expect those books that are basically the 'God textbook' to say that God does not exist? undecided

You will hear things like "önly a fool says there's no God".

Simply ask them to prove the existence of God without quoting their dear books and they automatically end the conversation. Now, who is the brainwashed? cry cry :'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by mrZENographer: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
donnffd:

Please tell me, have you seen anything supernatural with your own eyes before?, I am not talking about faith, o mean things that defy physics and laws of nature? Please if u have,explain it in clear terms

Yes, i have seen something supernatural. I have seen an evil being when i was about 12 yrs old very large in proportion. That tells you that demons exist.

Secondly and much better is I have seen the lame who could not walk begin to walk gradually and then run. I have seen mad people brought to the church by family and loved ones and they regained their sanity.

If you doubt me, please come to THe LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT @ Ijesha Bustop Expressway Lagos. Its much better if you bring a big and impossible problem with so you can prove God in Chosen. HIV, diabetes, ulcer, tumor, barreness, blindness, slowpoke, any problem. You wont pay money and there is no too much prayer. After, that you will be the same person telling others that God is real, and thats my prayer.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by wirinet(m): 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
accountable:
@Keenn
As for supernatural experiences..........

the life of any man who truly and totally commits himself to Christ is supernatural. 1 john 1:1. We daily experience what we believe.
I have many instances but I will narrate this one only because I hope that peradventure it may convince u:

I'm a Dr. Sometime during my training before crossing from preclinical to clinical, we were required to do medical tests. I tested positive to HBV. 5 Times thereafter I went for the test and it came out as positive. I prayed about it and God spoke to me, He said that I should just follow Him, that the test was not important. I obeyed. some years later after I had graduated, I was walking along the road, when God spoke to me. He simply said" You are free" . and then He opened my eyes to see inside of me, and I could see that I was completely cleansed. Immediately I turned around and entered the nearest diagnostic lab. And the result came out negative.
Some months later, I was required in church to carry out premarital medical tests. Which I did but HBV test was not requested. But out of sincerity I told my fiancee( now my wife), that I once had HBV, she insisted that I repeat the test, I went to the hospital where I worked and repeated it and it was negative.
Now that's just one. I could continue........

As a doctor, i am surprised that you attributed your sero-deconversion from positive to negative of a viral infection to God or to a supernatural event. Are you telling us your case is novel or all such cases are also attributed to the supernatural. You are invariably saying you have not heard of HIV positive patients or Ebola patients (many of whom are not Christians), sero-deconverted. What about Dr. Ada Igonoh who survived Ebola and gave birth a few days ago, was it a supernatural event?

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by mrZENographer: 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
Lasveg:
Any body who believes in God is a FOOL. How can any sane person believe in a God dat does these things( isa. 13:15-18; 2 kings 2:23,24; zech. 14:2; num 31:7-18; deut 22:20-21, 28-29; hos. 13:16; lev. 26:29; 1sam 15:2-3) God killed 42 children because d children were behaving like children, wot a lame God!! its little wonder dat Nigeria being d most religious country in d world is d most corrupt country.

Come to THE LORD'S CHOSEN @Ijesha Bustop Expressway Lagos.
God heals HIV AIDS, diabetes, barreness, tumor, SS bloodtype, blindness, cripple, hunchback, madness etc. A single prayer/declaration of the anointed man of God heals and delivers from all yokes and problems. When your coming, its much better to bring someone with a big problem that you knw is incurable.
And if God can do these things, then you need someone to sit you down and explain to you who God is. Come and hear the undiluted Word of God.
All churches are not the same. THE LORD'S CHOSEN IS A REAL CHURCH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by franconian: 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
ZUBY77:
Just like politics, Black Africans are not yet matured enough to take on this debate. Their badly brainwashed brains can't take on this yet.

Just give them stable Electricity and they will not close their eyes to ask God for Nepa to bring light again.

Give them good irrigation system and see how much they pray for rain.

Give them good roads and see how they pray for God to avoid unnecessary accidents and trailer fallings all over the place.

Give them health insurance and good health system and see how much they go to TB Joshua again for divine healing

Poverty and mismanagement is the problem for now.

A Nigerian visited China. Every morning, he would come out in front of his hotel room to shout to the people about how the world is coming to an end soon and how God is going to destroy everything unless they accept Jesus.

Well, the moment the Chinese government understood what he was saying, he was bundled back to Africa and banned from visiting China again.
They are not building their country for you to come and tell them it will be destroyed by whatever God you think is the best.

Lol @ ur last sentence.

Africans keep praying for "divine intervention" for their problems while the Westerners who imported these foreign gods in containers called bible and quran are busy spending billions on scientific research which they believe would help in solving the numerous problems facing mankind.

Many Africans still believe that the Jewish juju called Yahweh is superior in anyway to the gods of their own forefathers.

Africans still don't know that the bible and quran were mere tools used by Westerners to invade and steal from Africa.

Africans still don't know that their religious leaders already know that these gods are fake__ so they catch in on the gullibility of their fellow Africans to enrich themselves.

The rest of the world is advancing in science and technology, building and storing weapons of mass destruction while we are here building new prayers point. They will come back one day to invade us again, and we will be so helpless that all we can do is pray to that their fairy Yahweh to come rescue us.

Africans, emacipate yourselves from all form of slavery - religious, political slavery or otherwise.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by princejayboss: 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
tajudeent:

Check out Islam I will say once again.
In Islam, we believe there are other creation alongside man like Jinn otherwise known as alien.

Oh ....so sorry was the one who got you wrong... yeah I know that Islam said so shall but there are some element of lies in both religion in the long run
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by CoolUsername: 11:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
onyxo76:
The fool says in his heart there is no God, this is found somewhere in psalms and the bible says that God has no delight in fools.
The bible also tells us not to wear mixed fabrics so, as you can see the bible says a lot of things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Can A Married Christian Couple Use intimacy gadgets? / Spiritual Importance Of Early Morning Urine / Samuel Ugwute: Big Holes In Story Of Man Who 'Resurrected' From Dead- PoliticsNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.