Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (59300 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Sacked As IPOB Leader. Accused Of Betraying d Struggle-Vanguard / Obiano Reacts To Pro-Biafra Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard / JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by himola: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
if Biafra depart & become a nation, den fulani will as well want 2 move out, Yoruba wil start agitating 4 Oduduwa Federation, hmm will not want stay behind & govern by federalism.

Biafra will still divide in2 Igboland, South Biafrian, North etc, Fulani will deny Hausa, Irshekeri/Orhobo, Nupe etc haba, Oduduwa will split (Egba, Weya, Ondo & Ilaje)

Right now I have 9ja National card, but seriously, if we are to split, where will you like to belong, to stay, sorry I may turn to multiple citizen. Small state, little resources, big state - large unemployment, minimal state - high resources but corruption & kidnapping,

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by onatisi(m): 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
olafum1:
This is getting out of hand o. Who should we call to intervene?
buhari just made this kanu guy popular and now it seems he has a large followership if care isn't taken this situation will be getting worse ,with this protest now it is impossible for the DSS to release kanu and the more he stays with the DSS the bigger his movement gets

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ShakurM(m): 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
austinbrown:
abubakar shacow how is it ur business?
I'm a concerned citizen! undecided
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
ShakurM:
you too you have joined them?
How many people will they kill to keep Nigeria one?

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Orikinla(m): 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
[size=28pt]Seriously, is BIAFRA even an Igbo word?
Intellectual illiteracy has done more harm to Nigerians than corruption.[/size]

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
pus97:
this is what Biafra lead too

Is that your mom at the background?
Nice arse!

10 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by olumite1234(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
So many questions on my mind
1. Are the south-east governors and elders( with all sincerity) ready to be seperated from Nigeria?
2. Have they for once have a metting with the federal government on seperation of states?
3. If Republic of Biafra stand,will that solve the challenges facing the south-east?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:

Brotheř don't sound like this to me, I am a changed man now...check my histroy ohh...

Yes I agree with all you point, but maintain that depite your sweetness I need to leave, pls whats wrong with that.....or if you like me so much that you can kill me to keep me...l am just confuse about the whole thing.....I don't even know what I am typing seff.

in my opinion, Igbo should hold referendum. Nigeria govt should give igbo excluding Rivers and entire niger delta the opportunity for a referendum, i bet more people will be against Biafra.

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:
Every reasonable Igbo person should wake up and lend his surport to IPOB youth now in any way he can to encourage those who are willing to risk there lives to actualize this life long truth to continue this fight.
As for me I shall continue to credit their account monthly.
My tithe is to the IPOB!!

Pls, Stay off my mention if you are not IGBO!

IPOB should go and die.

Abum nwa afo ala Igbo. Unu nile bu Ndi ara

6 Likes

[quote author=udokpuenyi post=39750025]

You are entitled to your opinion, radio biafra predicted that Jonathen will fail the last election, it even went ahead to tell IPOB members not to vote, many of them obeyed while some did not.

If that's the case, why then didn't you start this agitation before the elections? Maybe GEJ could have even granted your wish. Why did you all go out to campaign and vote for GEJ instead of going out to campaign and galvanise for a new Biafra? Why did all this Biafra brouhaha ignite all of a sudden after GEJ's defeat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Deepfreezer(m): 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
oji ofor ga Ana. hmmmmn.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by gretblue: 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
I hail Nigeria journalist.All these areas,Limca road, Nkpor,Ogidi, osha and market road by@American road I passed through today.None of the shops in Limca road, Obosi ,market road were any under lock. I begin to wonder where did NR come across 30000 people protesting.presently I just left Limca road where I ate in a canteen close to Susu before Nkpor junction with a bottle of soft drink.There might have been a protest easy where but not in those areas mentioned in the report and the 30000 numbers were out of other.Dearth of investigational journalism in Nigeria since 1900.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
Orikinla:

You should say Tribal illiteracy!
Igbo word or not, Biafra will come!

6 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by kozmokaz(m): 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
some policemen should b sent to d north east !!!

der bullets are needed der not here!!!

when ipbo start der own now una go run ooo first to do no dey pain .... NA 2nd to do pain pass!!
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by homirefacuny(m): 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mobskat:

No wonder Is called the Zoo Just Look at Yoruba and Hausa Face :v
You still live in zoo?? Now that's funny...

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by olumite1234(m): 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
o many questions on my mind
1. Are the south-east governors and elders( with all sincerity) ready to be seperated from Nigeria?
2. Have they for once have a metting with the federal government on seperation of states?
3. If Republic of Biafra stand,will that solve the challenges facing the south-east?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by basilo101: 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
PDPwayoo:

in my opinion, Igbo should hold referendum. Nigeria govt should give igbo excluding Rivers and entire niger delta the opportunity for a referendum, i bet more people will be against Biafra.
why exclude those places? isnt it the result of the referandum dat will decide where to include and where to exclude?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by dacovajnr: 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
Why this one dey make front page? Biafran policeman killed a Biafran Man in a Biafran territory..Wetin concern my Country? undecided abeg who get Vanguard coz na Vanguard dey carry this yeye tory.. kissoshi oda

5 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Guk: 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:
Every reasonable Igbo person should wake up and lend his surport to IPOB youth now in any way he can to encourage those who are willing to risk there lives to actualize this life long truth to continue this fight.
As for me I shall continue to credit their account monthly.
My tithe is to the IPOB!!

Pls, Stay off my mention if you are not IGBO!

Selfish people who sit behind a Computer Screen and goad others forward like Saddam and Ghadaffi from the comfort of their hiding place who now finds it convenient to send his "Tithe" for destructive purpose. We all wait to see if you shall send your "Tithe" for reconstruction purpose as am sure you can see the destroyed lands of Northern Nigeria.

Ride on, we are all watching you. Enjoy beginning of Internally displaced Igbos as the wise will begin to park their bags sharp sharp & guess where their preferred destination is? YORUBALAND!!!! as the attraction is irresistible

4 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by kozmokaz(m): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Orikinla:
befr d creation of Nigeria der was Biafra ... ever heard of gulf of Biafra?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
olumite1234:
So many questions on my mind

Corrupt people who are gaining from Nigeria will not support Biafra, but we will chase them out!
People like rochas will be chased out of Biafra.

11 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by homirefacuny(m): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Poor Yorobbers.
Indeed poor....

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by udokpuenyi(m): 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Our identity and personal information has been compromised on nairaland hence I am replacing all post with this information.
If you are reading this information, please remove all your personal information from this site or ignore the message at your risk.
As if rule 9 is not enough , you still went and ahead to give out our ip addressess and social media contact

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Thunderlicious: 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Is that your mom at the background?
Nice arse!

No, it your biafran grandmama

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by kozmokaz(m): 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Lol u badt ooooo
that guy NA bastardt oooo
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by IGBOSON1: 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
ruggedboy01:
Nigeria police force is the worst in the whole world

Stupid! Reckless bunch of imbeciiles angry sad angry

^^^A nations police force is a reflection of its gov't! A gov't is a reflection of the people it governs! What does this say of Nigeria!?

2 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Xacc: 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Just look at the calibre of people the elite (at least the so called educated) also have same mindset with. This set of people are definitely among every other tribe in Naija by their Elites would have come out to condem this 'unsexy' act. And one man would never succeed in poisoning the mindset of almost 100% of the population of this other tribes to self destruction. Ndigbo! One Nigeria!
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ishiamu(m): 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Just one? Why na

Ur ma toto there

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by udokpuenyi(m): 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2015
Our identity and personal information has been compromised on nairaland hence I am replacing all post with this information.
If you are reading this information, please remove all your personal information from this site or ignore the message at your risk.
As if rule 9 is not enough , you still went and ahead to give out our ip addressess and social media contact

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Obynolee(f): 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
moscow37d:
So recent Biafran protests have got me thinking, but I have been skeptical about airing my views because of perceived reactions.

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE PERSONAL VIEWS, AND I, IN NO WAY CLAIM SUPREMACY OF KNOWLEDGE. FOR THE "GREYS" WHO THINK I AM TOO YOUNG TO SPEAK OF THIS SUBJECT, PLEASE PERMIT THIS CHILD TO SPEAK, THEN CORRECT HIM IF HE IS WRONG. FOR IGNORANCE CAN ONLY BE KNOWN IF IT IS AIRED, AND CAN ONLY BE CORRECTED IF IT IS KNOWN.

My points are as follows:

1. According to worldometers the median age of Nigeria is 17.8, hence an "average " did not experience the civil war.

2.This is the age statistics of Nigeria as at 2014 is as follows:
0-14 years: 43.2%
15-24 years: 19.3%
25-54 years: 30.5%
55-64 years: 3.9%
65 years and over: 3.1% (indexmundi.com)
In simpler statistics 93% of Nigerians were 5 and below in 1967.

3. According to Wikipedia, youth age range is between 18-35. Hence no present day Nigerian youth saw the civil war.

My first question: since over 90% percent of us neither saw the civil war nor participated actively, and our youth were born 10 years after the war, where is all the hate and agitation from?

4. The major driving force of Biafra is the igboland, but the Biafran map includes states like Cross river, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom state. This makes Biafra a culturally diverse state. I am igbo and i currently live in Akwa Ibom state, and we share no similarity in custom or language. How then can we live together as "one Biafra" when we can't tolerate the cultural diversity of Nigeria.

5. The Igbo tribe would become the majority tribe in Biafra, while the others who constitute the oil producing states hence the 'rich boys' would become minority. "How can the wealth most especially that from oil be distributed, when the majority is in power and the minority have the resource?"
So therefore, a time may come when the "minority" may decide to be free, because no man wants to live in another man's shadow.

6. Igbos are generally regarded as traders, and the lifeblood of their markets like Onitsha Main market and Ariaria international market is found in Lagos seaport where most of the goods come from. In Biafra, Lagos becomes another country hence tax and import/ export levies would increase drastically and logistics would become more difficult.
The other option is to trade via the Calabar Port, Delta Port or Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne. These ports are only found in the non-igbo states, hence another potential challenge.

7. What happens to Biafrans that have their livelihood rooted deeply in non biafran states? What happens to the igbos that constitute the majority of Alaba international market?
Would naturalization take place or would they liquidate assets and return to Biafra and start afresh?

8. Finally, the question of rulership. Who rules Biafra?
Currently, most Igbo people especially those in Abia and Imo state are dissatisfied with the condition of their states. They complain of bad government, massive looting, poor infrastructures etc, and they are currently ruled by Igbo governors.
If Biafra is formed who would rule then?
I believe it would be the same people that they complain of, and as you can see the cycle of pain and complaints would continue.

Problems are fixed by inward reflections not outward projections and blame shifting.

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME, FOR A CHILD WHO DID NOT SEE THE WAR HAS SPOKEN

You have a sound analysis

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Richiez(m): 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
If the Federal Government is too slow to strike a bargain, Nigeria may be dealing with something it can never defeat in future. This is no longer military regime where one dictator can do as he likes, this is no longer 1967 when these Biafrans where not fully exposed to world civilization and education. The most dangerous man is a determined man, one who can die for a cause. A word is enough for the wise.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Soldiers Incharge Of Kuje Prison Were Removed 24 Hours Before Attack – Vanguard / Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure / Peter Obi Meets Chioma, The Young Obidient Girl Who Went Viral At Delta Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.