Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,059 members, 7,849,280 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:45 PM

Who's Afraid Of Being Single? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who's Afraid Of Being Single? (1205 Views)

To EVERYONE Who's Afraid To LOVE Again... / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / What Psychological Advice Would You Give Someone Who's Afraid Of Touching Girls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by SoAmazing(m): 7:53pm On May 15, 2009
Being single and happy with it requires confidence in yourself and your ability to keep a job, pay your own bills, entertain yourself, interact with family and friends as well as find satisfaction with your accomplishments and lifestyle. Over time, it becomes easier to reach those goals without seeking the approval or help of another person without the heartbreaks that are so pervasive in today's world.

The benefits of being in a relationship include having someone around to keep you company, share events of your day, give support when times are tough, and fulfill the need for a human touch, whether that be a hug or sex. When you start feeling sorry that you're not in a relationship, you remember a partner who's hard to please, never satisfied with all you do, snooped in your e-mail, followed you around like a puppy, and subtly tried to control you whether you the male or the female. It would take quite an effort to find someone willing to put up with all your quirks and who could measure up to all the things you would require from a relationship.

After some time of being alone, you ask yourself if you're willing to change aspects of your life to accommodate another person. A relationship requires accountability to another person, a willingness to compromise, share the closet and the bathroom etc. It means letting the other person know your schedule, finance, going to bed early enough that you don't interfere with the other person's ability to sleep and get up for work.

You like being able to get up in the morning, sitting in the quiet drinking coffee and checking your e-mail, fixing breakfast if and when you get around to it. You like making your own decisions, without consulting another person about how much money you can spend or what television show to watch. You like filling the closet full of clothes without having to share your limited space. You like eating the foods you like without worrying about someone else's preferences. You like visiting your family whenever you want, or being a hermit when you feel like it. Being single definitely has its benefits, yeah?
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by 190: 8:04pm On May 15, 2009
well i aint scared of been single
infact ask ms secret (tidy) or Y-me
they can testify 2 dis
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by puskin: 8:18pm On May 15, 2009
"Being single has its benefits" U r rite about dat. Im definitely xperiencing it rite nw. WOW grin grin
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 15, 2009
well it depends what you mean by single. i can do with lovers exactly the same things that i would do with girlfriends, the only difference is that there are no strings attached. so i would still consider myself single while having all the perks of a person in a relationship.

the key is to be HAPPY with yourself, single or not. it doesnt matter how many relationship you enter, if you are a sad person with a sad life then having a relationship wont help much. too many people think that as soon as they will meet someone, they will be happy.
being in a relationship has its advantages but there are also many "inconveniences" that comes with it.
the key is to be in the RIGHT relationship with the RIGHT person!
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Secretz(f): 11:19pm On May 15, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

well it depends what you mean by single. i can do with lovers exactly the same things that i would do with girlfriends, the only difference is that there are no strings attached. so i would still consider myself single while having all the perks of a person in a relationship.

the key is to be HAPPY with yourself, single or not. it doesnt matter how many relationship you enter, if you are a sad person with a sad life then having a relationship wont help much. too many people think that as soon as they will meet someone, they will be happy.
being in a relationship has its advantages but there are also many "inconveniences" that comes with it.

Well said. grin

190:

well i aint scared of been single
infact ask ms secret (tidy) or Y-me
they can testify 2 dis

You this man! I cannot testify to a ting! tongue
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by dae(f): 11:48pm On May 15, 2009
You this man! I cannot testify to a ting! tongue
[quote][/quote]
LoL---girl, something u wanna tell me? lol , didnt know u were a testifier, loool
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by TOPE20001(f): 12:23am On May 16, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

the key is to be in the [b]RIGHT
relationship with the RIGHT person![/b]

Well put cool
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Busybody2(f): 1:05am On May 16, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

Succinctly stated wink Who is this splenderous (sic) guy, does he have an e-owner, need to know asap so I can stake a claim cool

SoAmazing!:

Being single and happy with it requires confidence in yourself and your ability to keep a job, pay your own bills, entertain yourself, interact with family and friends as well as find satisfaction with your accomplishments and lifestyle. Over time, it becomes easier to reach those goals without seeking the approval or help of another person without the heartbreaks that are so pervasive in today's world.

The benefits of being in a relationship include having someone around to keep you company, share events of your day, give support when times are tough, and fulfill the need for a human touch, whether that be a hug or sex. When you start feeling sorry that you're not in a relationship, you remember a partner who's hard to please, never satisfied with all you do, snooped in your e-mail, followed you around like a puppy, and subtly tried to control you whether you the male or the female. It would take quite an effort to find someone willing to put up with all your quirks and who could measure up to all the things you would require from a relationship.

After some time of being alone, you ask yourself if you're willing to change aspects of your life to accommodate another person. A relationship requires accountability to another person, a willingness to compromise, share the closet and the bathroom etc. It means letting the other person know your schedule, finance, going to bed early enough that you don't interfere with the other person's ability to sleep and get up for work.

You like being able to get up in the morning, sitting in the quiet drinking coffee and checking your e-mail, fixing breakfast if and when you get around to it. You like making your own decisions, without consulting another person about how much money you can spend or what television show to watch. You like filling the closet full of clothes without having to share your limited space. You like eating the foods you like without worrying about someone else's preferences. You like visiting your family whenever you want, or being a hermit when you feel like it. Being single definitely has its benefits, yeah?

Bookmarked cool Are you on the market too, hope you don't mind sharing me, don't worry I am a very generous person so their is plenty of me to go round tongue
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Akinagirl(f): 1:06am On May 16, 2009
Well said Mr.Brownjay
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Busybody2(f): 1:11am On May 16, 2009
Ha ha wetin is MRbrownJAY the only guy on this forum angry The Moderator should come and lock this thread jooo angry I saw him first na angry If I hear my boo's name one more time from any girl's mouth, I am pressing the report to moderator button angry angry cheesy
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by StrStruck(f): 1:19am On May 16, 2009
I bet MrbrownJAY is cute
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Busybody2(f): 1:42am On May 16, 2009
^^^ Put a sock in it, spoilsport angry You could have kept that vital information on the DL, he was nearly in the bag for me, but all thanks to you, I have to graft harder now angry angry angry Moderator, and you are watching angry angry angry tongue
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Nobody: 1:46am On May 16, 2009
Oh gosh, here we go again cheesy cheesy

@post
Yea yea, but then, being single does not necessarily mean one can achieve all you've said.

Like MrBrown said, it all depends on who you are. Can you handle it, or can you not?

Men/Women with lack of independence are the ones that'll continue to seek for a relationship, because they're scared of "Lonely". Esp. women, even if they know their man is cheating on them, they'll still linger in the relationship. Hoping it's not what they "know" it is. undecided
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Busybody2(f): 1:58am On May 16, 2009
^^^ You too angry Anyway I trust you not to tresspass as per say we be "awo" same caucus cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Nobody: 2:02am On May 16, 2009
LOL, how many do you want sef? tongue tongue

Worry not, mademoiselle grin grin
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Busybody2(f): 2:08am On May 16, 2009
^^^ Na you be the horse in front wey I dey follow na, Isn't the goal to get the same number as yours cheesy cheesy cheesy

I still don't trust you, so I would be sleeping with one eye open grin
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Nobody: 2:12am On May 16, 2009
rotfl. I've confessed my sins and cleaned out my harem tongue tongue

Don't worry, MrBrownJay does not sound like a sexy man. . . . .well, he can always show us a pix to proof us wrong grin grin
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Busybody2(f): 2:17am On May 16, 2009
Move over and stop blocking my view angry Let me show my boo MRbrownJAY that I am not just a pretty airhead but that I have got something up top too kiss

@ Topic
The second paragraph of your write-up is giving me goosebumps, whilst I am filled with nostalgia reading the third paragraph undecided Am I balanced undecided

[s]Psst, when did you do the clearout, which direction did the men go, do you think they would have gone far [/s]cry
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Nobody: 2:24am On May 16, 2009
rotflmao. gosh, you're crazy.

I just wonder sometimes grin grin grin tongue
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by olanajim(m): 2:28am On May 16, 2009
there is a something good in being single, It is only known to those who can see it

But I do not agree with the poster's reasons at all, it make little sense if I interpret the literarily. For instance, being in a relationship does not necessarily make you accountable to anyone. To the contrary, you are accountable to yourself. It however mean accomodating someone else with a measure of tolerance. any relationship where couples what absolute accountabily rarely last long. Think about jealousy and you will begin to see the other side of absolute accountability.

that second paragraph sure must qualify as a fallacy. It does happen that way. Sex is not the ultimate goal of being in a relationship else, bosses and business partners will be fucking one another. You can have a perfect relationship without hugging or having sex. It is the failure to know when to draw the line that brought many people grief.

as for the last paragraph, I did not get it at all. Being in a relationship does not mean you have to change everything about you to suit someone else, it is all about understanding other people and blending with them.
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Busybody2(f): 2:39am On May 16, 2009
olanajim:

there is a something good in being single, It is only known to those who can see it

But I do not agree with the poster's reasons at all, it make little sense if I interpret the literarily. For instance, being in a relationship does not necessarily make you accountable to anyone. To the contrary, you are accountable to yourself. It however mean accomodating someone else with a measure of tolerance. any relationship where couples what absolute accountabily rarely last long. Think about jealousy and you will begin to see the other side of absolute accountability.

that second paragraph sure must qualify as a fallacy. It does happen that way. Sex is not the ultimate goal of being in a relationship else, bosses and business partners will be fucking one another. You can have a perfect relationship without hugging or having sex. It is the failure to know when to draw the line that brought many people grief.

as for the last paragraph, I did not get it at all. Being in a relationship does not mean you have to change everything about you to suit someone else, it is all about understanding other people and blending with them.

Go and sleep jooo angry See what you caused now, you made me read the OP's write-up again and his second paragraph did not only talk about sex angry Are you sure you are not sleep_typing cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by olanajim(m): 2:53am On May 16, 2009
well, busy B,

I dont want to repat everything he wrote. You know it will drain my energy. I am sleep typing ooo. In fact, I am multitasking. sleeping, reading, blogging, nailanding, facebooking, and meditating, so you can forgive me if I choose to ignore things that I know are not correct. I wrote earlies that "I do not agree with what he wrote."

so, if I had to break down the second paragraph, i may kill the thread. Let leave it. Some people enjoy it sha.
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by Busybody2(f): 3:28am On May 16, 2009
olanajim:

well, busy B,

I dont want to repat everything he wrote. You know it will drain my energy. I am sleep typing ooo. In fact, I am multitasking. sleeping, reading, blogging, nailanding, facebooking, and meditating, so you can forgive me if I choose to ignore things that I know are not correct. I wrote earlies that "I do not agree with what he wrote."

so, if I had to break down the second paragraph, i may kill the thread. Let leave it. Some people enjoy it sha.

Trust me, you would not kill the thread, your saying you did not agree with the poster's write-up means you seek to challenge and debunk it, and the essence of an argument is to be able to state why you have dissenting opinions contrary to what is on the ground wink

A guy who can multitask, wow you are one busy talented dude and a rare gem, how do you manage shocked

I enjoy your write-ups too and have actually had you on my radar for a while, but the fear of the KarmamodLord is the beginning of wisdom cool
Re: Who's Afraid Of Being Single? by olanajim(m): 4:48am On May 16, 2009
I hope the last sentence isn't for me. Karmamod is my good pal why are you afraid of her?

well, I multi-task all the time whether online or real life as long as I don't have to lose my head. In fact that is the main reason I will post now and then disappear later. It is not a gift, everyone can do it.

I will leave romance for the romanticologists.

The guy made sense, but I didnt agree with all he said. That is all I can say.

By the way, how is my good friend, Your guy?

(1) (Reply)

When Guys Say I Love You / Why Get Irritated When Ur Partner Shows So Much Love & Concern? / To Love Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.