Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread - Politics (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread (45776 Views)

Tompolo's 46th Birthday: Niger Delta People Celebrate On The Streets Of Warri / Delta People Celebrate Ali Modu Sheriff's Victory In Court Today (Photos / Amaechi Meets Niger Delta People Over Socio-Economic Direction Of The Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by cheruv: 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
biafran boundary end by d Niger bridge, plssssss for peace sake don't cross d bridge
This is our land..whether SE or SS isn't our biz.
For the sake of peace pls stay out of it.
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by iconize(m): 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
trapQ:
[s]First of all, I'm not ijaw... Unlike you lots I'm no land grabber. I gave you a fact, not my opinion. Youre the one letting sentiments becloud your reasoning. I asked you to refer to Google or wikipedia and what was your response? A quick research will do.[/s]

You can be whatever you wish to be. I don't give a rat ass.

You made a foolhardy claim, and that claim you must buttress with facts and not vacuous opinions.

You must think Nairaland is yo village square where every illiterate comes to make preposterous claims and expect peeps to swallow hook, line, and sinker - without being challenged.

Buttress yo claim about the population of the Ijos, and stop running in circles.

PS: stop referring me to Google. Bring here whatever you think Google has to offer concerning yo claim.
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Jesusloveyou: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
cheruv:

This is our land..whether SE or SS isn't our biz.
For the sake of peace pls stay out of it.
when d war wil start nigeria battalion wil station by d bridge, u biafran cannot make an inch across d bridge and if care is not taken, we wil drive u people out from ur ancestral land to d lagoon or to Cameroon, dis time around "no mercy"
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by cheruv: 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
when d war wil start nigeria battalion wil station by d bridge, u biafran cannot make an inch across d bridge and if care is not taken, we wil drive u people out from ur ancestral land to d lagoon or to Cameroon, dis time around "no mercy"
You're just making noise grin
When the war starts,we'd simply bribe some essential ethnicities to sit out the war while we crush the petulant ones.
Always have this at the back of your mind that any hand that touches Igboland(whether SE or SS) would be cut off. The only ethnicity that can contend with us in Nigeria are the Awusa and we've already made contingency plans for them

1 Like

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Donarozzi: 4:11am On Nov 18, 2015
pazienza:
[b] STATEMENT OF FACTS ON THE SUBJECT MATTER
The language and culture of the good people of Igbanke are losing their envious identity and relevance in culture-linguistic market-place in Edo state in particular and Nigeria at large.
Several reasons are evidently present to support the fears and anxiety of the people of Igbanke that our identity as a people would go into sudden extinction if urgent measures are not quickly taken to address our emasculation by Bini language dominance. The following points support the facts of the subject matter:
1) Igbanke is one of the few communities in Edo state that speak Ika language
2) Igbanke is located in Orhionmwon Local Government Area, Edo state.
3) Igbanke, by name is in Orhionmwon LGA, but geographically, we do not share common boundary with any community in the council
4) From the eastern flank, Igbanke shares common boundary with Mbiri, an Ika speaking community in Delta stae, from west, it’s bounded by Oghada, another Ika speaking community in Uhunmwode LGA in Edo state. In the northern sphere, Igbanke has boundary with Ekpon, Ika speaking community in Igueben LGA while from the south, it has Agbor and Oza-Nogogo, Ika communities in Delta state as neighbours.
5) Igbanke is in Edo south senatorial district
6) Igbanke people and community came under the Bini empire during the latter’s expantionist programme.
7) Most of other Ika speaking communities that were conquered by Bini empire same time with Igbanke have gotten their independence in Delta state while Igbanke, Oghada, Otobaye, Iru, Ekpon and Ogbeka etc are selfishly scattered in three local government areas with the attendant linguistic discrimination and political marginalization.
Igbanke are gradually losing their linguistic and cultural identity as a result of our involuntary affiliation to the Bini language-speakers dominated Orhionmwon LGA.

ISSUES FROM THE STATEMENT OF FACTS
Consequent upon the facts drawn from the subject matter, some issues could be deduced to support Igbanke search for linguistic and cultural identity. These issues would go a long way in justifying our position.
1)Igbanke was deliberately, but selfishly carved into Edo state during the 1991 state creation irrespective of the linguistic difference between the people of Igbanke and the dominant Bini speaking population of the state.
2) Over 96% of Ika speaking communities in the defunct Bendel state were carved into Delta state while Igbanke and a handful other Ika speaking communities were severed into Edo state where they are presently subjected to acute linguistic and sundry discriminations
3) Because of linguistic factor, the people of Igbanke feel more at home with their kiths and kins (Ika speaking people) in Edo and Delta states.
4) Igbanke is made up of six (6) autonomous clans: Ake/Obiogba, Idumu-Odin, Igbontor, Oligie, Omolua and Ottah. These clans were governed by traditional rulers called ‘’Eze or Obi’’. These terms were of Ika origin, but have been forcefully changed to ‘’Enogie’’ a Bini term by the conquering Binis.
5) Our ancestral heritage like language, names and beliefs are being systematically destroyed by the domineering power of the Binis. [/b]

Anioma State when created should include all Igbo communities in Edo and Bayelsa (Onyah clan). Research shows that Onyah people of Anioma migrated from Egbu, one of the villages that make up the Alaenyi clan. The Alaenyi clan is made up of five villages: Ihite-Ogada, Awaka, Egbu, Owerri, and Naze. Some centuries ago, war broke out in the clan, causing many people from Egbu to migrate to different parts of Igboland. That was how Onyah migrated from Egbu in Southern Igboland to the Anioma area of Western Igboland. Even today, a large part of Onyah territory (Osekwenike) is carved into Bayelsa State. Igbo leaders must ensure that all these native Igbo communities outside the South-East region are lumped together with the South-East through boundary adjustments.

https://www.nairaland.com/1050134/anioma-state-must-created

http://www.etuusa.org/history.php

3 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Jesusloveyou: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2015
cheruv:

You're just making noise grin
When the war starts,we'd simply bribe some essential ethnicities to sit out the war while we crush the petulant ones.
Always have this at the back of your mind that any hand that touches Igboland(whether SE or SS) would be cut off. The only ethnicity that can contend with us in Nigeria are the Awusa and we've already made contingency plans for them
d fight wil not be btw biafran and ss, it wil be nigeria state and biafran,
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2015
Jesusloveyou:

The only reason why Nigeria fought with us in 1967 was crude oyel.

When the crude oyel dries up, the north will not waste hundreds of thousands of her youth fighting Igbos because of 'We SS' people. The Yoruba will never sacrifice her youth because of you either then you will understand the difference between khaki and leather.

Nuff said.
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by cheruv: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
Nāgbahari! angry
A gwalam gi ihnye gaeme grin
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by jpphilips(m): 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The only reason why Nigeria fought with us in 1967 was crude oyel.

When the crude oyel dries up, the north will not waste hundreds of thousands of her youth fighting Igbos because of 'We SS' people. The Yoruba will never sacrifice her youth because of you either then you will understand the difference between khaki and leather.

Nuff said.

Benjamin Adekunle was an Ijaw man, who gave these homeless rats access to the internet?

1 Like

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
jpphilips:

Benjamin Adekunle was an Ijaw man, who gave these homeless rats access to the internet?

It is ya cursed and wreteched father that is a gutter swimming rat. Where did I call odekunle ijaw?

1 Like

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Appareil(m): 12:32am On Nov 19, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
every tribe in ss always maintain their stand, no one encroach each other, living peacefully until dis moment of una noise about biafran, just leave us alone, u can go to lagoon or Cameroon with ur biafran but don't encroach an inch of ss land, #weareone
You had better not mention Cameroon again. For your information, Cameroon is closely related to SS and they have no resemblance or connection with Biafra.. However, I remember Igbo stood with SS for Johnathan and even if you differ with them on this Biafra n SS alliance, endeavour to treat it with care especially on social media. It is eating me up so badly. Thanks !
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Appareil(m): 1:15am On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

That dude you quoted is "Confused". Ijaws have been living with other ethnic group for centuries without trouble. In Warri, they are with the Urhobo and Itsekiri, in Edo with the Binis, Esans etc, in Ondo they are with the Yorubas, in Rivers with the Ogonis, Ekpeyes, Ogbas, Ikwerri etc.
Tonye, remember how I hailed you from here. This thing between you n the Igbo who fought your enemies with you during GEJ's struggle, doesn't sound right to me at all. Not so soon Ah ! Wona no try at all

1 Like

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2015
Appareil:
Tonye, remember how I hailed you from here. This thing between you n the Igbo who fought your enemies with you during GEJ's struggle, doesn't sound right to me at all. Not so soon Ah ! Wona no try at all
I have NO problem with the Igbos or any other ethnic group. However, some people are the ones creating problem where there naturally should be non. Check my posts so far!

1 Like

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by cheruv: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2015
iconize:

You can be whatever you wish to be. I don't give a rat ass.

You made a foolhardy claim, and that claim you must buttress with facts and not vacuous opinions.

You must think Nairaland is yo village square where every illiterate comes to make preposterous claims and expect peeps to swallow hook, line, and sinker - without being challenged.

Buttress yo claim about the population of the Ijos, and stop running in circles.

PS: stop referring me to Google. Bring here whatever you think Google has to offer concerning yo claim.

Are you arguing with dagoddamn bytch
She's on heat so its not surprising with the grandous claims she throws around thinking that peeps listening to her are dummies cheesy
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Jesusloveyou: 9:20am On Nov 19, 2015
Appareil:
You had better not mention Cameroon again. For your information, Cameroon is closely related to SS and they have no resemblance or connection with Biafra.. However, I remember Igbo stood with SS for Johnathan and even if you differ with them on this Biafra n SS alliance, endeavour to treat it with care especially on social media. It is eating me up so badly. Thanks !
it suppose to be an individual thing, as u can see, i am from ss, but i vehemently stood against d clueless corrupt hero, so u can decide to support gej, but it shouldn't be a blackmail for "we ss" to support biafran, bring out a better candidate from Biafra for president, "we ss" wil render d same support but we say #notobiafran
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Appareil(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
it suppose to be an individual thing, as u can see, i am from ss, but i vehemently stood against d clueless corrupt hero, so u can decide to support gej, but it shouldn't be a blackmail for "we ss" to support biafran, bring out a better candidate from Biafra for president, "we ss" wil render d same support but we say #notobiafran
My problem is that,you even believe there will be one. It is mere agitation as has been the case with others like u in the past. Anyway, I can see Naija.........! Na wona thing. If you continue, well! It is sad!
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Appareil(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I have NO problem with the Igbos or any other ethnic group. However, some people are the ones creating problem where there naturally should be non. Check my posts so far!
As you say brother! Well Make wona contribute to build up and not bring down. One love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Donarozzi: 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
Debates on Igbo people and their neighbours...

https://www.nairaland.com/1072992/brief-history-ndokwa/2#40365843
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by onila(f): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2015
Ugomba:
who said so? Which tribe in SS Here can challenge we Aniomas in Achievements?
The raw truth is that Ijaw will colonize the ND Republic. I know their behaviour very well.
kalabari pple are better than anioma
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by USSSFEDERATION: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
our new nation , our new country , THE UNITED STATES OF SOUTH SOUTH. GOD'S PARADISE

1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by mrnigerdelta: 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
if u are not from ss vacate this thread
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by USSSFEDERATION: 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
USSSFEDERATION:
our new nation , our new country , THE UNITED STATES OF SOUTH SOUTH. GOD'S PARADISE
united state of south south speech
This message is to the United Nations World Leaders , My Names are EMMA O.GREAT.
I have more than one million reason to decide my future , i have come to know that Nigeria is not the best place for me ,with what i have gone through in life I NOTICED that Nigeria is a land of struggle and i refused to be a street boy. Nigeria is not good for me ,for i cant be a waste product. Nigeria is not my country , i am not a Nigerian and i don't know anything about Nigeria but what i know about it is a land of frustration where people die in hunger ,lamentation and struggle. However i have fashioned out that the UNITED STATES OF SOUTH SOUTH is a right place for me based on the truth and good judgement. Right now am a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF SOUTH SOUTH, USSS FEDERATION.
MATTHEW 7vs7, i here stand on this portion of the bible to request and ask for my FREEDOM, my INDEPENDENT without WAR,without ANARCHY ,without VIOLENT AND WITHOUT BLOOD OF ANY.
UNITED STATES OF SOUTH SOUTH GOD'S PARADISE.................
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by USSSFEDERATION: 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
United States Of South South ,,usssfederation, USSSTv international.
You can now share and follow up with the latest news of the federation @https://unitedstatesofsout.wixsite.com/usssfederation, a Better place , a Brighter future

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by USSSFEDERATION: 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
we need to put everything in other , if only seun can allow us to say or post topics that we want people to complement and know about , am here not for trouble but let people in the world know the new development on board and to seek for their support , if they are happy or not , so please seun give us a little freedom .

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Defense Headquarters Nigeria Reply To Nairaland.photo / 16,744 Persons In Kaduna Receive N20,000 FG's Cash Transfer / I Will Always Hate This Country Says Man Who Lost His Parents In Ondo Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.