Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. (24931 Views)

Atheists Let's Discuss God. / UNBELIEVABLE! DISGRACEFUL! Nairaland Atheists see nothing wrong with Bestiality / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by johnydon22(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
A stone is God , a tree is God
Hahahahahaha i don die .. You don't even know what Pantheism means.

Pantheism means the universe in entirety is God not distinct components of the universe like stones.

It means everything in unity as a whole is called God..

When did you become a pagan ?

Ooh meeeehn you fall my hand... Pantheism is not theism and so can never be paganized.

It is atheistic in the sense that it rejects the idea of Personal Gods, and i am not a Pantheist, people call me Atheist.

Because while a pantheist calls the universe God, i just call it the Universe (The word God is a lingual representation here )
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There is a difference between proving something and just being foolish

Schoolboy reasoning
guy please. don't waste your time. everything i'm claiming is rooted in the bible. you're wasting my precious time.
answer these two questions.

1. do you believe in jesus?
2. can you exhibit the signs that jesus said would accompany you?

it's as simple as that, really.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Your problem is with Religion and not God

Let me understand your conception of God better.

- Is your God a self existing entity? If it is, what is it?

- Lets assume an entity is anthropomorphized as Jehovah and it is not really a human as descibed in the bible, what is this entity?

- A deduction was made out of John 1:1. In the begining was a word. And the word was God. The word is a sound energy. Can we agree Jehovah is a form of energy?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
plaetton:

Ahhh!
This post feels like a good cup of real palm wine,..soooo refreshing, soooo inspiring.

Bravo, fellow Toothfairian.
grin

very credulous

As far as it pertains atheism

People go to church, the fall like trees when pastor touch them. Well many pastors tried that on me, it didn't work. Some even tried applying some force, I stagger back only to regain my balance. The pastor will glance sternly at me and walk away.

the story is so glaringly inconsistent . How many churches does he go to that they are all tried applying force only for one of the pastors in his numerous churches who then glanced sternly at him and walked way .

grin
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahahaha i don die .. You don't even know what Pantheism means.

Pantheism means the universe in entirety is God not distinct components of the universe like stones.

It means everything in unity as a whole is called God..

Ooh meeeehn you fall my hand... Pantheism is not theism and so can never be paganized.

It is atheistic in the sense that it rejects the idea of Personal Gods, and i am not a Pantheist, people call me Atheist.

Because while a pantheist calls the universe God, i just call it the Universe (The word God is a lingual representation here )

Is atheism disbelieve in personal or anthropomorphized God OR disbelieve in anything know as God?

Do you believe in non-personal God?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
plaetton:

wink
sup big chief plaetton wink
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
guy, i'm seriously waiting oh.

and i'm throwing out this question to the christians out there.

1. do you believe in jesus christ?
2. can you then exhibit the signs that jesus predicted would accompany you?

simple.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by johnydon22(m): 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Is atheism disbelieve in personal or anthropomorphized God OR disbelieve in anything know as God?

There is a different between anthropomorphical representation and lingual expression..

There is no belief in lingual expression, the word is just used to quantify the value, Just like you and i know the Gallery of a theater is God.

So atheism entails disbelief in Personal Gods (Independent humanoid deities) But in terms of lingual representation there is no belief there so there can not be unbelief.

Atheism only negates Deities

You can only choose to apply the normal lingual expression as in the case of a pantheists referring to the universe as God and i as an atheist or any other person just refers to it as the universe.

Do you believe in non-personal God?

There cannot be a belief needed for such values like i demonstrated above.....E.G the gallery of a theater
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ishilove:

TBP has disappeared but the rest are still active cheesy

Let's say we derail this thread, huh? wink cheesy
would be a pleasure but i got visitors at home right now lol. i am multitasking. in and out, in and out. later on though when they leave i will check in wink
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Let me understand your conception of God better.

- Is your God a self existing entity? If it is, what is it?

- Lets assume an entity is anthropomorphized as Jehovah and it is not really a human as descibed in the bible, what is this entity?

- A deduction was made out of John 1:1. In the begining was a word. And the word was God. The word is a sound energy. Can we agree Jehovah is a form of energy?

Lol . This guy .

Please God is not energy but energy is inherent in God's nature or being . Being as in wholeness . God exists as three persons - the Father , the Son and the Holy Spirit . God is an entity
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
guy, i'm seriously waiting oh.

and i'm throwing out this question to the christians out there.

1. do you believe in jesus christ?
2. can you then exhibit the signs that jesus predicted would accompany you?

simple.

You need to understand the context the text is being used . It does not equate to foolishness as implied by you
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by djdoxxx(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
hahn:

I agree. But nairaland is not real life. Most times when I engage theists in real life, they don't bicker back and forth as opposed to online arguments where you can reply a question with a question and then log out of your account and then conclude you've won the argument.

There's so much we can do offline to help this country become a better place and even here on nairaland we should be more active on the education section instead of here in the religious section because by default we are crossing enemy lines, so to say, here.

There's so much to read about and learn about that are not taught in average Nigerian schools. I've read some of your arguments and learnt a lot from you, johnnydon22, ifeness, teempakguy, menesheh etc but I just believe most of this knowledge should be posted in the science or education section.

Whayasay?
i concur

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Ymodulus: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2015
Dekatron:

Mr Modulus,

such an honor seeing you here!!

Teem, this guy/man and AlfaSeltzer, cold . . . And few others HELPED TO FINE TUNE MY HEAD!! OVER A YEAR AGO!!

Ymodulus!!

Wow!
Thanks bro.

grin grin@ ' fine tune '.

I see a lot going on here.

@ Plaetton Hi?

herald9:

It's an honour having you here sir YM, following great minds like you have been a blessing. We appreciate. smiley
I'm cool, hope business is booming... Family?
Thanks bro. Business is fine, so also family. Wow. I just missed this section.

I have to spend time here for some days
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You need to understand the context the text is being used . It does not equate to foolishness as implied by you
oh God. . . not the context hideout again. sad

let's take this from the top and evaluate it with my context. then you will then evaluate it with your context and we will see where my context amounts to foolishness. remember as well, that your god claims to not be the author of confusion.

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
here we see jesus, telling his disciples to go out to the world and preach the gospel. to everyone.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
here he implies that not everyone will believe. he then says that whoever believes will be baptized. they will be immersed in a body of water, and they will be saved from eternal damnation. those who don't, will not be saved and therefore, they will be condemned.
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe:[/quotes]christ then adds that some signs will accompany those who believed and had been baptized and saved earlier. [quote]In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
he then proceeds to list the attributes. therefore, any man who could not exhibit any of the attributes enlisted above was not saved.

so what is your context?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Stconvict(m): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

very credulous

the story is so glaringly inconsistent . How many churches does he go to that they are all tried applying force only for one of the pastors in his numerous churches who then glanced sternly at him and walked way .

grin

I have just one simple question for you.
What convinces you so much that God exists?
Maybe I can see what is it that makes you so attached to it.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
johnydon22:

There is a different between anthropomorphical representation and lingual expression..

There is no belief in lingual expression, the word is just used to quantify the value, Just like you and i know the Gallery of a theater is God.

So atheism entails disbelief in Personal Gods (Independent humanoid deities) But in terms of lingual representation there is no belief there so there can not be unbelief.

Atheism only negates Deities

You can only choose to apply the normal lingual expression as in the case of a pantheists referring to the universe as God and i as an atheist or any other person just refers to it as the universe.

There cannot be a belief needed for such values like i demonstrated above.....E.G the gallery of a theater

See this guy doing wordplay like Vector. Lol.

There is no clear difference between anthropomorphized representation of an entity and lingual expression. They are both sugar coating and raising values of an entity. They both do not rule out representation of an entity.

Non-personal God does exist as impersonal force. Eledumare is a non-personal God. Brahma is a non-personal God. I can authoritatively say here that non-personal God is common in Asian religion.

An impersonal god sets the universe in motion but has no interest in the unintended consequences of his initial creation. A non personal God does not answer prayer or interact with humans. A non-personal God minds his business. Even Muslims have argued Allah as impersonal God. You have shown you dont know what impersonal God is.

The question simply is, do atheists believe in impersonal God?

And another thing. . .God is the samething as deity. Quit worplay here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
oh God. . . not the context hideout again. sad

let's take this from the top and evaluate it with my context. then you will then evaluate it with your context and we will see where my context amounts to foolishness. remember as well, that your god claims to not be the author of confusion.

here we see jesus, telling his disciples to go out to the world and preach the gospel. to everyone. here he implies that not everyone will believe. he then says that whoever believes will be baptized. they will be immersed in a body of water, and they will be saved from eternal damnation. those who don't, will not be saved and therefore, they will be condemned.

Mtcheew . Simply means they would overcome any form of danger . "Snakes " & "poison" depict harm or danger which they would overcome through his name .
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . This guy .

Please God is not energy but energy is inherent in God's nature or being . Being as in wholeness . God exists as three persons - the Father , the Son and the Holy Spirit . God is an entity

Trinitarian I guess. Jesus says ye are Gods. We do we fall in in this trinity if we are gods?

Dont you think. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It is eternally existing.

God is the begining and the eternally exist.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by malvisguy212: 9:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
plaetton just created this thread to mock and scoff christians. plaetton have you proven, God does not exist? Somebody like plaetton doesent like the idea of God existence. I do not know what on your mind ,but If you have made up your mind before you know what you are talking about then its plain stup!d. What the op don't understand is that, unlike Santa, toothfary. God is not obliged to keep up with our wishlists.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Mtcheew . Simply means they would overcome any form of danger . "Snakes " & "poison" depict harm or danger which they would overcome through his name .
did jesus say this is the meaning? what is your proof that that is what jesus meant?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
@KingEbukasBlog You really need to go back to school. You really are stubborn and extremely deluded. You think Yahweh is a god and he creates energy? So far there is no god in the bible.

You accuse me of believing in ETs....but what is an ET? who destroyed the tower of Babel,who were the sons of god? How was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed? What was the wheel that appeared to Ezekiel....Can you answer these questions?

Being an atheist is not believing in deity gods,I mean all of them. You and I are same on that except that you only believe in Yahweh
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
plaetton just created this thread to mock and scoff christians. plaetton have you proven, God does not exist? Somebody like plaetton doesent like the idea of God existence. I do not know what on your mind ,but If you have made up your mind before you know what you are talking about then its plain stup!d. What the op don't understand is that, unlike Santa, toothfary. God is not obliged to keep up with our wishlists.
oh, but he is.
don't you wish for jesus to return and take you to paradise? don't you wish for the blood of jesus to keep you from hell? isn't he oblighed to keep up with these wishlists?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Stconvict(m): 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

very credulous

grin

You seem to know me very well sha.
And I can see, you trying to pull a strawman. Of course I made a few exagerrations, but most churches I've been to always have deliverance session and some of the pastors did apply force and they would look at me as if I was some unyielding demonic agent.
I don't need you to believe my story anyway, it's not going to wake up the dead if you do.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2015
ifeness:
@KingEbukasBlog You really need to go back to school. You really are stubborn and extremely deluded. You think Yahweh is a god and he creates energy? So far there is no god in the bible.

You accuse me of believing in ETs....but what is an ET? who destroyed the tower of Babel,who were the sons of god? How was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed? What was the wheel that appeared to Ezekiel....Can you answer these questions?

Being an atheist is not believing in deity gods,I mean all of them. You and I are same on that except that you only believe in Yahweh

E pain am sha cheesy . Deluded ifeness
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

E pain am sha cheesy . Deluded ifeness

Don't skip the questions,answer them!
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
Stconvict:

You seem to know me very well sha.
And I can see, you trying to pull a strawman. Of course I made a few exagerrations, but most churches I've been to always have deliverance session and some of the pastors did apply force and they would look at me as if I was some unyielding demonic agent.
I don't need you to believe my story anyway, it's not going to wake up the dead if you do.

I dont care actually . I'm just proving a point
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
ifeness:

You guys should stopp all this. It is stale already.

Believing ETT are Gods is theism. There is no evidence to prove ETT really exist just like Jehovah and Allah.

Atheism is disbelieve in everything that is know as God. Astrolatist who believe the stars are Gods would take atheists as mad people. Imperial cultist would think atheists as Insane folks because their gods exist as human
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You guys should stopp all this. It is stale already.

Believing ETT are Gods is theism. There is no evidence to prove ETT really exist just like Jehovah and Allah.

Atheism is disbelieve in everything that is know as God. Astrolatist who believe the stars are Gods would take atheists as mad people. Imperial cultist would think atheists as Insane folks because their gods exist as human

Did I say ETs are gods?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
ifeness:

Don't skip the questions,answer them!

So you can assert answers ? Lol

How were created aliens ?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by malvisguy212: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
oh, but he is.
don't you wish for jesus to return and take you to paradise? don't you wish for the blood of jesus to keep you from hell? isn't he oblighed to keep up with these wishlists?
God is not bound to keep our time.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
ifeness:

Did I say ETs are gods?

You have argued Oduduwa is a martian who visited and landed in Ife sometimes ago. And you are doing it here arguing that the Lord in the wheel of ezekiel and of Elijah is ETT
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
If you land on the moon today you are an ET to that environment...meaning you are not terrestrial to that environment. If humans go outside this planet and land on another they automatically become extra-terrestrial to that planet,not gods.

I don't know why people choose to misquote or misunderstand what I say. I don't call anyone a god,well except myself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Princewill Iheme: Only Igbo President Will Save Nigeria / Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa / Who Is The Son Of God And The Son Of Man To The Grail Message.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.