Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" (6788 Views)

What Did Radio Biafra Say About Buhari-kachichukwu Meeting? / Igbo Group Holds Rally In Support Of President Buhari in Abuja (photos) / James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Abagworo(m): 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
I am totally against Biafra. My reason is the inclusion of minorities who right from time have not hidden their disdain for Igbos. At the end of the day Biafra is like moving from frying pan to fire. What Igbos should seek is republic of Igboland where everyone there is "Igbo bu igbo" .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Rilwayne001: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So you believe Biafra is unrealisable , not now , not ever ?
Maybe later, but not now.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Scholes007(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
Biko nu ihe obula i ga ekwu ya buru na asusu anyi
cc ezeagu ofoigbo FK081 Abagworo chino PROUDIGBO FreeGlobe beremx Yeske2 Mopolchi alfred5 Patrick89 Space Tour obiobi8 NOBLEDANDY AnambraDota uduokirika1 spyder880 centje GEJman Ikengawo IGBOPRINCE Digitron Bishop42 davosky3 abagoro Unemadu nwanlecha...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
Biafra or thunder fire you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
Scholes007:
na nke m, echeghi na obu biafra ka anyi ga na ekwu ugbua, kama etu anyi ga e ji mepekwe obodo anyi. O bu ezi okwu na ime alaala obi m achoro biafra kama nke ahu ga bu ma buru na anyi le anya odighi uzo ozo anyi ga esi gaa na ihu.

I kwula ezigbo okwu . O wuru na ndi igbo lere anya nke oma ha furo uzo ozo , ka Biafra wuru uzo ikepazu anyi ga esi . Ka ndi igbo no cha cha obodo oyibo , egbe obuna tiko isi ka amata uzo di iche anyi ga esi buta oganihuru n'ala Igbo . Owuru na Biafra wuzi uzo naani anyi ga esi ka anyi mepe anya fu na anyi agaghi ebute ma obu lahachi na nsogbu di iche iche di na obodo Naijiria nke anyi si puta
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Scholes007(m): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I kwula ezigbo okwu . O wuru na ndi igbo lere anya nke oma ha furo uzo ozo , ka Biafra wuru uzo ikepazu anyi ga esi . Ka ndi igbo no cha cha obodo oyibo , egbe obuna tiko isi ka amata uzo di iche anyi ga esi buta oganihuru n'ala Igbo . Owuru na Biafra wuzi uzo naani anyi ga esi ka anyi mepe anya fu na anyi agaghi ebute ma obu lahachi na nsogbu di iche iche di na obodo Naijiria nke anyi si puta
correct. Pls call more people if you can. I believe something has to been done about this especially now that these people seem to be using it as propaganda to hide buhari's flaws.
Pls remind them to air they view na asusu anyi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by dinachi(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
Only a pathetic fool or embarrasingly naive Igbo man wants Biafra. I will look at the politics and the economics.

Politics.
The strength of Nigeria is its diversity, what will be the strength of Biafra? The south-south does not want Biafra. Who will lead Biafra? Nnamdi Kanu is just a noise maker. Which of the foremost Igbo leaders will lead Biafra? Going by what obtained when some state governors asked non-indigenous igbos working in their state to leave, I can authritatively tell you that tribalism will be the order of the day. Bifra will also be a landlocked country.

Economy.
This is even worse! The bulk of importers in Nigeria are Igbo, so in the event of Biafra what will be their source of livelihood? The north literarily feeds the country, so how will Biafra feed itself, through importation via Niger-delta Seaports? The cost of living in Biafra will be sky high! It is estimated that at least 60% of Igbos live in other parts of Nigeria, when they all come home in the event of a war tyere will be terrible economic chaos and crime will skyrocket.

Finally, the biafra promoters are only damaging the chances of Igbo to produce the president in 2023 due to their selfish reasons. When the time comes, other tribes will remind the fools about their Biafra dreams. Our people are not intelligent politically.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by illiad: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
melvinjames:
On top your sister.
You couldn't have died better
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by illiad: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
Abagworo:
I am totally against Biafra. My reason is the inclusion of minorities who right from time have not hidden their disdain for Igbos. At the end of the day Biafra is like moving from frying pan to fire. What Igbos should seek is republic of Igboland where everyone there is "Igbo bu igbo" .

You're right, but those who truly betrayed Biafra were Ijaws and Ikwerre, they're saboteurs and will always be. But a lot of annang, ibibio and co fought along side Igbos and it's important we always carry them along except of course if they opted out by themselves.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Scholes007(m): 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
dinachi:
Only a pathetic fool or embarrasingly naive Igbo man wants Biafra. I will look at the politics and the economics.

Politics.
The strength of Nigeria is its diversity, what will be the strength of Biafra? The south-south does not want Biafra. Who will lead Biafra? Nnamdi Kanu is just a noise maker. Which of the foremost Igbo leaders will lead Biafra? Going by what obtained when some state governors asked non-indigenous igbos working in their state to leave, I can authritatively tell you that tribalism will be the order of the day. Bifra will also be a landlocked country.

Economy.
This is even worse! The bulk of importers in Nigeria are Igbo, so in the event of Biafra what will be their source of livelihood? The north literarily feeds the country, so how will Biafra feed itself, through importation via Niger-delta Seaports? The cost of living in Biafra will be sky high! It is estimated that at least 60% of Igbos live in other parts of Nigeria, when they all come home in the event of a war tyere will be terrible economic chaos and crime will skyrocket.

Finally, the biafra promoters are only damaging the chances of Igbo to produce the president in 2023 due to their selfish reasons. When the time comes, other tribes will remind the fools about their Biafra dreams. Our people are not intelligent politically.
forget this chance of producing president because there will never be a chance whether there was a biafran protest or not. Ihe ndi ozo ikwuru dikwa mma.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by illiad: 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
dinachi:

Politics.

Economy.

I'd have taken you serious had you listed the pros and cons of a Biafra.

I don't know how you're taught but I know that arguments must always follow logic or one would be committing fallacy as you just did.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by dinachi(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
Scholes007:
forget this chance of producing president because there will never be a chance whether there was a biafran protest or not. Ihe ndi ozo ikwuru dikwa mma.
The truth is that by 2023, power will come back to the south and the only block that have not tasted it is the south-east but this Biafra agitations will be used to deny us the ticket. It is not the same with Niger -delta. They are clamouring for resource control BUT inside Nigeria. Honestly, the niger-Deltans are by far smarter than us politically!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Scholes007(m): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
Abagworo:
what you said is nice but we must not forget the efik, ibibio and anang.
What do you think should be our next move
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Scholes007(m): 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
dinachi:

The truth is that by 2023, power will come back to the south and the only block that have not tasted it is the south-east but this Biafra agitations will be used to deny us the ticket. It is not the same with Niger -delta. They are clamouring for resource control BUT inside Nigeria. Honestly, the niger-Deltans are by far smarter than us politically!
seriously? Power come back to south in 2023? I don't think the south will be able to produce a president in the next 2 decades. Ok imagine a candidate from sw against a northern with se or ss vp or a se or ss candidate against a northern with sw vp. As for ss been smarter all i can say is that you very wrong. SS sufféred the greatest humiliation in the just concluded election but its effect was cusioned by the SE as a political ally. SS would have been regarded as a foot stool totally

1 Like

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Abagworo(m): 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
illiad:

You're right, but those who truly betrayed Biafra were Ijaws and Ikwerre, they're saboteurs and will always be. But a lot of annang, ibibio and co fought along side Igbos and it's important we always carry them along except of course if they opted out by themselves.

It wasn't just Ijaw and Ikwerre but most ethnic groups in Rivers State. What they did wasn't betrayal but making a favorable choice. Igbos need to learn how to make favorable choice in politics or we will always end up scapegoats. What Nnamdi Kanu was doing would have led to once again sacrificing Igbo blood for the unity of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by johnydon22(m): 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
cc : johnydon22 ... you dey with or against Biafra ?
[b] There is nothing i love more than the Igbo people so i am up for what ever makes them happy and at peace..

I have several reasons why i entertain thoughts of actualization of Biafra as a sovereign independent state..

- Nigeria as an entity is a shaky and unstable one, it was built on selfish interest of the British government to relieve Northern protectorate from the pay roll of the British treasury in management.

So the structure was not first and fore-most built on the willful unanimous agreement between all the ethnic groups involved but by just British wish and purpose.

-The violent tendency of every ethnic group against one another, the resentment and bitterness.. Competition that should brew development brought about envy and outright hatred among the tribes.

- We are not practising true federalism.. Nigerian as a federal system of government should be a home for all. An hausa man in the east should be at home as much as he is in the north, same goes for a yoruba man in the north or igbo man in the east.

But this is not the case, An igbo man in the north is made to feel like an immigrant instead of feeling like a Nigerian in Nigeria.

Ojukwu's words in Aburi comes to mind "Let us go further apart and be together than come closer together and clash" when he proposed confederal system of government .

- Unwillingness of the ethnic groups to bond with each other..

-Ethnic violence of which Igbos have mostly being victims of in many part of Nigeria

Personally i feel the need for the actualization of Biafra because this is not only an unpleasant union for every party but seems like a forced one.

It is better we go further apart and be at peace with ourselves and each other than be together and always be at each other's neck.

I support the actualization of BIAFRA Or the restructuring of the entity Nigeria this time a consensus between all the ethnic groups involved for us to tell ourselves the truth.. "To be or not to be"

if "to be" then we fuuckinng start acting like it..

But i do not support any form of violence in the actualization of Biafra or any course, Peaceful and diplomatic solutions perhaps a REFERENDUM to be sure of what the people wants.

[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Beremx(f): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
I am not against Biafra o! I just don't like how Nnamdi Kanu is going about it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by illiad: 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
Abagworo:

It wasn't just Ijaw and Ikwerre but most ethnic groups in Rivers State. What they did wasn't betrayal but making a favorable choice. Igbos need to learn how to make favorable choice in politics or we will always end up scapegoats. What Nnamdi Kanu was doing would have led to once again sacrificing Igbo blood for the unity of Nigeria.

There is one mistake you people keep making and that is the believe that Biafra will necessarily lose should there be another War.

On the issue, sabotaging Igbo effort might have been favorable to them then, yet they the Ikwerre ran to Igbos when they needed to take control of pH from Ijaws.

Slice it as you may, they betrayed Igbos but one good thing about my people is that they have never paid back any of them in their own coin. Igbos have continued to show them all love even when they deserve none.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by illiad: 10:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
Beremx:
I am not against Biafra o! I just don't like how Nnamdi Kanu is going about it.

Personally I am yet to listen to radio Biafra, but if what they say about how he abuses people is true then he must make amend on that aspect.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
@johndon22 ... nice comment ... well written . Do you think the move to actualize Biafra will instigate another civil war ?
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Abagworo(m): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
illiad:

There is one mistake you people keep making and that is the believe that Biafra will necessarily lose should there be another War.

On the issue, sabotaging Igbo effort might have been favorable to them then, yet they the Ikwerre ran to Igbos when they needed to take control of pH from Ijaws.

Slice it as you may, they betrayed Igbos but one good thing about my people is that they have never paid back any of them in their own coin. Igbos have continued to show them all love even when they deserve none.

Nnaa we don't need to turn our homeland to another theatre of war. And Igbos should stop acting like we can't survive alone. Whatever reason we need South-South us same reason we need Nigeria. So if we must opt out of Nigeria then we should do it alone with support of other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by johnydon22(m): 10:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@johndon22 ... nice comment ... well written . Do you think the move to actualize Biafra will instigate another civil war ?
[b]

Well its a "NO" here. . . First do Igbos really want another war?

To be honest Nigeria will not remain One if there is another war, it surely will be disintegrated by the international community should there be any again for the same Biafra or any other self determination cause .

Igbos are not ready for another war only a fool would be vying for one.

Wars are not won by the amount of soldiers you have but by ammunition (War is won by intimidation)

It has taken Igbo land almost 4 decades to recover and reach the height that we are now after the first war going for another will be an act of chronic idiocy and stupidi_ty.

There can not be war as i see it because there is no means to such move, but i think there will be violent turn outs here and there in the cause of events.

If at all there will be such a thing as Biafra, it shouldn't be bought with the price of blood of igbos or war or we will have an epileptic entity to deal with when it finally arrives.

Only a peaceful resolution can bring about desire pleasant result. . .

And for the record: The like of Nnamdi Kanu is unfit to rule a nation or we will have a kind of political, economic and administrative disaster even before anything started..
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
Scholes007:
ele ihe odi gi ka a ga erite na ihe biafra a?

Nwanne, nkem bu nkem ma nke anyi bukwa nke anyi.

Igbo bu mbiara mbiara n'ala umu-anumanu. Kama oburu anyi noro onwe anyi, oga-adiri anyi na-nma.

Onwere otu abu agha M choro iguru gi ugbua. Gee nti nke oma:

"Onwere Onye oga-adiri nma MA Awusa merie
Onwere Onye oga-adiri nma MA Awusa merie;
Odumegwu ruchaa oru, sabotaj emebisie,
Gwanu M onye oga-adiri nma MA Awusa merie?
Ohhh gwanu M onye oga-adiri nma ma awusa merie ? "

Jiri Obi gi ghota mkpuru okwua!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Scholes007(m): 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
krusdamax:

Nwanne, nkem bu nkem ma nke anyi bukwa nke anyi.

Igbo bu mbiara mbiara n'ala umu-anumanu. Kama oburu anyi noro onwe anyi, oga-adiri anyi na-nma.

Onwere otu abu agha M choro iguru gi ugbua. Gee nti nke oma:

"Onwere Onye oga-adiri nma MA Awusa merie
Onwere Onye oga-adiri nma MA Awusa merie;
Odumegwu ruchaa oru, sabotaj emebisie,
Gwanu M onye oga-adiri nma MA Awusa merie?"

Jiri Obi gi ghota mkpuru okwua!!!!!!!!!
onweghi onye ogadiri mma nwanna. Ihe m na ekwu bu na o bu ogaghi aka mma ma anyi buru uzo weta mmepe na ala anyi tupu ekwuwe okwu biafra
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by illiad: 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
Abagworo:

Nnaa we don't need to turn our homeland to another theatre of war. And Igbos should stop acting like we can't survive alone. Whatever reason we need South-South us same reason we need Nigeria. So if we must opt out of Nigeria then we should do it alone with support of other Nigerians.

Nobody really want a war in any part of Nigeria

I would have been glad to see a restructured Nigeria that would offer all citizens equal opportunity but that will never be.

So it's either we fight for a country for our children or we continue to live cowardly and hand over the burden of Nigeria to those that will come after us.

I am not saying that I think we are prepared to go to another War now but I am saying that we must always remember that we will never have peace as Ndigbo until we are allowed to go either in peace or war.

As for those thinking that an Igbo president will solve the problems of ndigbo in Nigeria,.. Sorry, that's what they want you to think which is why they're doing everything to make you see it as an alternative to Biafra.

Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aguiyi Ironsi was there for a time and I am yet to see anything of note they achieved for ndigbo.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Scholes007:
onweghi onye ogadiri mma nwanna. Ihe m na ekwu bu na o bu ogaghi aka mma ma anyi buru uzo weta mmepe na ala anyi tupu ekwuwe okwu biafra

Agam eji ilu Igbo zaa ajuju gi

"Asi na ana-ebu Uzo zota ala tupu azowa oche"

Anyi zota ala nna Anyi, anyi achowa mmepe ya.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Mckennedy: 11:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
dinachi:

I chere na onye igbo ga chi obodo najaria? nwokem kulue na ura maka na nro ka ina aro, ezi okwu di na okwu obodo bu na ndi agbata obi anyi, afuru igbo na anya..okwu Biafra aburu politics.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mckennedy:

I chere na onye igbo ga chi obodo najaria? nwokem kulue na ura maka na nro ka ina aro, ezi okwu di na okwu obodo bu na ndi agbata obi anyi, afuru igbo na anya..okwu Biafra aburu politics.

Eziokwu ka I kwuru. Mana umunna anyi ekulibeghi n'ura.

Oburu na anyi ejighi otu Obi choo nwa ewu ojii n'ehihie, oga-eme anyi vuuum n'anya.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Mckennedy: 12:02am On Nov 20, 2015
krusdamax:

Eziokwu ka I kwuru. Mana umunna anyi ekulibeghi n'ura.

Oburu na anyi ejighi otu Obi choo nwa ewu ojii n'ehihie, oga-eme anyi vuuum n'anya.

kedi ihe ga eme anyi vum na anya?
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 20, 2015
Mckennedy:

kedi ihe ga eme anyi vum na anya?

Igbo si na "Uche onye adighi ya njo"!.

Ihe obula icheputara n'obi gi ka Obu.

Oburukwanu na onweghi Ihe icheputara, otuakwa ka obu.

Ka Chukwu Okike Abiama mezie okwu
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Abagworo(m): 12:17am On Nov 20, 2015
illiad:

Nobody really want a war in any part of Nigeria

I would have been glad to see a restructured Nigeria that would offer all citizens equal opportunity but that will never be.

So it's either we fight for a country for our children or we continue to live cowardly and hand over the burden of Nigeria to those that will come after us.

I am not saying that I think we are prepared to go to another War now but I am saying that we must always remember that we will never have peace as Ndigbo until we are allowed to go either in peace or war.

As for those thinking that an Igbo president will solve the problems of ndigbo in Nigeria,.. Sorry, that's what they want you to think which is why they're doing everything to make you see it as an alternative to Biafra.

Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aguiyi Ironsi was there for a time and I am yet to see anything of note they achieved for ndigbo.

What are the problems exclusive to Igbos in Nigeria apart from producing democratically elected President of Igbo origin?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by illiad: 12:42am On Nov 20, 2015
Abagworo:

What are the problems exclusive to Igbos in Nigeria apart from producing democratically elected President of Igbo origin?

Problems that are peculiar to ndigbo in Nigeria are Legion.

1. South East is totally out of federal government radar
2. Quota system has ensured that while meritorious Igbos waste away, mediocre hausa fulanis have a filled day.

3. The discrimination against Igbos in federal representation is legendary until Jonathan came

4. South East has only five States as against six in other geopolitical zones and our Lands are continuously cut off and into other regions in order to keep Igbos as small as possible.

5. In fact, you must be blind Abagworo to the realities before you to have asked me that question. Put your party affiliation aside as I am no member of any party and will never be.

6. No single international airport in igboland but one was built even for Bokos in maiduguri

Igbo president is much ado about nothing, it will never solve our problems. An Igbo is president today and I can assure you that Yorubas will spend their miserable eight years looking for and digging holes for him to fall into. Hatred for Igbos even among people who speak our own language and bear our names is better imagined.

Let them allow us to go, and if they wouldn't one day we will go by blood and sweat and maybe it will be their own day of reckoning for all the evil they have all visited on us both during and after the war.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From 'biafra For Trump Solidarity Rally' At Trump Tower / This Picture Shows Why Britain Handed Over Nigeria To The North In Anger / Reno Omokri Savage Reply To A Twitter User On The Buhari/jubrin Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.