Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,709 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan (34081 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Reacts To ‘Recovery Of Weapons’ In IPOB Leader’s Home / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum / The Cache Of Weapons Recovered From Repented Cultists In Bori, Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by billyG(m): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
Where is our money Jona,Dasuki u guys will nver enter heaven if y'all dnt return our Money,there Banks accts & Assets shld b Seize.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by billyG(m): 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
Oga jona tell us how much u sign with documents to backup.we knew when u $1billn loan 4 arm purchase with yrly #1trilln defence budgets(4yrs).
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
so, where did the $2 billion go?
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by dabossman(m): 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
kahal29:
In Nigeria, if you lose $59.8 million in a year, federal and state governments will not pay salaries,” he said, adding that there is no way Nigerian budget can accommodate such a loss without the country coming to a standstill.

“Of course we brought international audit teams, forensic auditors and they didn’t see that,” he said.
The former President said he does not want to join issues with the new government, “I wanted to keep away from the public for at least twelve months.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193493-jonathan-washes-hand-off-arms-procurement-scandal.html

Er, does this explain why federal and state governments were owing salaries even under the last administration? Just asking o! Happy Birthday sir.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Bitterleafsoup: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
wellmax:

Did you understand the story at all?
Let me help, i will teach you like they do in primary school;
1. FG accuses Dasuki of money laundering and awarding fictitious contracts,
2. Dasuki said it was GEJ who awarded and approved the contract and not him
3. GEJ clears himself saying he never awarded such transactions.

So my pupil, take your hatred elsewhere.
is it like the I did not sign the checks aka Fashola website borehole scandal?
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Eruditor: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
Both Jonathan and Dasuki are co-conspirators. Just that one of them is more ignorant than the other. I will give wailers a chance to decide which of the 2 is the more ignorant one.

GEJ was warned by 2 of his then service chiefs about the plans of Dasuki when he used fiat to ask the service chiefs to write a note of receipt stating that they actually did receive the military hardware- things they definitely didn't receive. GEJ told them not to bother as Dasuki had everything under control. Few days later, GEJ fired those service chiefs and left the one who played to the gallery. He even appointed him the CDS. This is the same man who on retiring confessed that the military had been under equipped since 2006.

Alot is yet to be revealed. GEJ cannot pretend he is oblivious of the goings-on in his government especially as it relates to the military and the war against BH. And If he decides to throw Dasuki under the bus, the latter will expose him as well as other service chiefs who were in on the act.

I will forever celebrate GEJs political decimation by the hands of Nigerians.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by breakeven: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
What do you expect from a government led by the blind and an illiterate. That was how they said dieziani stole 6 billion dollars..how much is Nigeria budget for a year. Dullards.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Sant1m: 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
kahal29:
Oga Jona, $2 billion dollars was not a single one-off transaction but a CUMULATIVE figure of arms purchases. Take note pls!
i never stole any 10000 naira ooh! But eeh i confess i once took 2500, the other day 3000 and at another time i took just 2000, also i remember when i took some money eeh 3000 to give to some people ooh, but i repeat that i never stole 10000. Define cluelessness if this is not one
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Joeoku78: 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
kahal29:
Oga Jona, $2 billion dollars was not a single one-off transaction but a CUMULATIVE figure of arms purchases. Take note pls!
God bless you. Jonathan thought that he will deceive everybody with his lies but fails to realise that it is only the illiterate ones like his wife that he can easily deceive. It is sad that nigerian ex-leaders that stole money are not prosecuted and sent to prison to die.
One day in this country government must start dealing with former leaders to serve as deterrent to future leaders.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by wellmax(m): 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
is it like the I did not sign the checks aka Fashola website borehole scandal?

Can you write properly please?
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by thundafire: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
kahal29:

aboki man shut up do u knw more than him wen ur foolish president dy talk carelessly nd yet 2 have a budget 4 dy nation cs soon w will hear GEJ sabbotage him 4rm nt able 2 submit budget
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Ali97(m): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
dont involve GEJ in your case pls. am an APC Supporter but you are the one Who outsmart Mr GEJ in the process of looting our money. GEJ can never do that. But GMB will never spare you an inch till u bring back our money.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Joeoku78: 4:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
Both Jonathan and Dasuki are parallel liars. While Dasuki says jonathan approves money for weapon procurements,Jonathan denies approving such large sum of over $2.5b but failed to realise that it was cumulative approvals that amounted to that figure within periods. Nigerians are not fools, and jonathan must understand that with his catastrophic defeat at the polls It is sad that nigerian ex-leaders that
stole money are not prosecuted
and sent to prison to die.
One day in this country
government must start dealing
with former leaders to serve as deterrent to future leaders
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by ExInferis(m): 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
$2b not lump sum. Part of it ended up in south africa on the plane of a certain pastor.

Also, $1b was requested by Mr GEJ which was approved by the NASS ostensibly to purchase arms.

Also, every year since 2011 almost a trillion naira was budgeted as defense expenditures.

Dasuki and GEJ....where's our money?
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Joeoku78: 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
Eruditor:
Both Jonathan and Dasuki are co-conspirators. Just that one of them is more ignorant than the other. I will give wailers a chance to decide which of the 2 is the more ignorant one.

GEJ was warned by 2 of his then service chiefs about the plans of Dasuki when he used fiat to ask the service chiefs to write a note of receipt stating that they actually did receive the military hardware- things they definitely didn't receive. GEJ told them not to bother as Dasuki had everything under control. Few days later, GEJ fired those service chiefs and left the one who played to the gallery. He even appointed him the CDS. This is the same man who on retiring confessed that the military had been under equipped since 2006.

Alot is yet to be revealed. GEJ cannot pretend he is oblivious of the goings-on in his government especially as it relates to the military and the war against BH. And If he decides to throw Dasuki under the bus, the latter will expose him as well as other service chiefs who were in on the act.

I will forever celebrate GEJs political decimation by the hands of Nigerians.
This is very interesting and believable to the core. Even no legal luminiary no matter how intelligent or crook he/she is can successfully defend jonathan or Dasuki over what transpired about weapons procurement. You are the person that said the truth. God bless you. Both Jonathan and Dasuki must be brought to book before truth comes out from their mouth. They are enemies of our economy. Enemies to nigerians. One cannot face prosecution in isolation of the other. Truth cannot be totally visible in prosecuting Dasuki without jonathan in the race
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Joeoku78: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
. Both Jonathan and
Dasuki must be brought to
book before truth comes out from their mouth. They are
enemies of our economy.
Enemies to nigerians. One
cannot face prosecution in
isolation of the other. Truth
cannot be totally visible in prosecuting Dasuki without
jonathan in the race
Both of them are parallel and pathological liars but one is more intelligent than the man that wears cow-boy cap always.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by baralatie(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
dabossman:

Er, does this explain why federal and state governments were owing salaries even under the last administration? Just asking o! Happy Birthday sir.
if you want to understand why some are oweing salaries,let me help you
1,some states don't have naira reserves!
2,short fall in the oil revenue coming to the states
3,debt,loan facility which these states partner into and using their allocation as collateral.

you are seeing their problems now
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Joeoku78: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
sameer1212:
You Id*iots are full of sentiment and hatred for this administration! Why can't You wait and find out who is telling the truth Mtchewww.
Thank you for given that tribalist what he needed.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Bitterleafsoup: 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
wellmax:

Can you write properly please?
why is this a literary magazine stop dodging the question
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by bashydemy(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
mazzi:
When you are 74 years and still lie to people you lead,then wahala dey! This government believes that every body is almajiri or owanbe crew that they can throw out all manner of lies and expect us to swallow it. GEJ never worry,their lies will always turn out to embarrass them.
hahaha You be mumu, Dasuki never deny the contract but said everything was deliver to the military and now GEJ said he never award any contract.... una go hear soon.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by leanalyst: 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
People we don't know who to believe,but GEJ's comments and arguments make a lot of sense, cos the figures brandished by this new administration and their cronies are absurd, Oshiomole accused Okonjo Iweala without facts, now he has kept quiet with he reply, next El Rufai abt independence day celebration budget, which was then disproved. Now this? They should start being careful with figures they brandish, its not healthy for Nigeria.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Nasrite(m): 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
oyb:
Does jona know what he signed?
patience signed itcheesy
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Nasrite(m): 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
oyb:
Does jona know what he signed?
patience signed itcheesy
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
fromnigeria:
Dusaki and Mr Goodluck should please tell Nigerians the truth.
could u pls tell dem d truth to tell u, I mean what u want to hear n believe cos except u hear it, truth hasn't been told. 4 yrs will soon end n ur papa will still not jail dasuki. Not dat I'm speaking 4 anybody bt I'm 4 honesty n transparency.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by adesiola: 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hmmmmm one person dey lie sha. Very soon the truth go show face
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
acenazt:
So much hate from ipods i dont know who invented the eyepiece but you guys are too blind to even read what GEJ said. He said Pmb never accused his Administration. And It was Dasuki who said Gej approved the deals not PMB. Stop being sentimental and moronic
read within paragraphs n u could b d one who did not understand what gej said.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 9:00pm On Nov 20, 2015
sameer1212:
You Id*iots are full of sentiment and hatred for this administration! Why can't You wait and find out who is telling the truth Mtchewww.
d same way u ppl hv waited b4 supporting ur president's allegatn against d past administration?
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
dridowu:
who is lying here ? I doubt if you read the article , if you do , i guess you forget to read this bolded part
Mr. Dasuki had said in a statement Wednesday that all contracts and accruing payments were made based on the approval of Mr. Jonathan, adding that due process and military procurement regulations were followed in all the transactions.

“Nigerians should note that all the services generated the types of equipment needed, sourced suppliers most times and after consideration by the Office of the NSA, the President will approve application for payment,” said Mr. Dasuki.

n u didn't understand sat gej said dat buhari did not accuse him on d issue of $150B n, not on d procurement of arms, bc pmb said past administratns.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Solowande(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
fromnigeria:
Dusaki and Mr Goodluck should please tell Nigerians the truth.
don't u think it's high time buhari shld tell us d truth
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by actuspurus: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ignored
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by actuspurus: 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
blind APC bat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill 89 Bandits In Zamfara, Recover Arms / Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Declares Sit-At-Home Every Monday - Governors, Police Kick / Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.