Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help (48444 Views)

Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by honeyjoyce(f): 9:10am On Nov 25, 2015
Some African parents really have bad mouth, they curse their children out of annoyance only to end up blaming the children when d curse starts affecting them..u should look for a job or something dat would make u spend less time at home and enable you save up some money
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
EggovinMma:

You are still very much young. Too bad, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't start preparing yourself for independence. Start seeing yourself as a man , hence, you should get prepared to leave the house. Sorry.

undecided undecided smh
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by compujyde: 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2015

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Aceed: 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
To me, you don't understand your father at all.
Secondly, you don't understand the gravity of your position in the family. sad

If I am to go by your post, all that your father sees in you is utter disappointment and not even seeing the slightest glimmer of hope/redemption is what drives him to the point of treating you like that, in your words 'wanting you dead'.

Worldwide, paernts (especially 'poor' parents) look to their first son for 'financial deliverance', whether he is the first or he has fifteen girls before him, it doesn't change their perspective a bit.

Now, lets assume your family is in this category, if i say you dey fall hand, understand that its an understatement. Considering the goals/visions your father has indirectly set for you, all what you posted you wanted to be na wash.

All over the world, every family wants their first son to have both wealth, respect and influence (abi na affluence ). Considering our tradition in africa, you can see that all the professions you wanted to venture into can't grant you that. And even what you're studying now can't grant you that in the third world.

There are very few professions that can grant you that our part of the world with medicine, engineering topping them. The reason why I mentioned those two is because they are generally acknowledge by both urban and rural parents, literate and illiterate parents, other courses will only be accepted by the minority parents ( the urban and literate parents).

You will see that well learned and financially stable parents will consent to their first son learning arts but will be considered a taboo by another category of parents (unfortunately your dad fits here).

I can assure you that you dad can never ever believe you'll be able to handle the family well, if he is passes on this very moment (your dad will not die, IJN, just citing an instance), that is to say, he does not have any assurance of you being somebody in future.

Any son that gives a father that impression is questionable (thats a conclusion, I did not say you're questionable), do you agree?

So my suggestion is do anything that give him assurance even if its sooo little, just do it. If studying medicine is the only way, I would say do it, even though people say your parents should not choose your career for you, just study medicine, after all there many people who studied medicine and went ahed to do their desire career, many.

To those who think parents shouldn't choose their careers, there are many husehold names in the west, from the time of birth of their child, who they relate with, the schools they go to, who they will be in future has been planned and stamped by their parents/family, so the idea of your career being forced down your throat by parents isn't involutionary angry

Its your choice though, anything you do its your call. This just a perspective.

Phew, lengthy post grin Its topic like this that makes my thumbs to do marathon cheesy
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Walexz02(m): 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Therock5555:
I don't speak to him arrogantly in public

See people see me as a very good person but if only they know how much pain I go through each day
They sa(
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Ihechiopara: 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / Husband Presents Wife’s Love Messages, Nude Pictures In Court / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.