Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle (12573 Views)

Quit Notice To Igbos: Arewa Youths Change Their Minds, Reconsider Igbos (Photos) / The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by MidolsStudent(m): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2017
Olabestonic001:
I'm Yoruba but with much interest in the Igbo's cause.
I support a thorough planning with the pros and cons spelt out before executions. The intellects among Igbos must hijack the Biafra from those who seems to be too angry to think. I want the intellects to first analyze the stuffs around it. Anger and emotions does not win a cause; proper planning does.
IPOB seems to be filled with angry people that have been filled with the feeling of getting to a state of utopia and some gullible people who are just sympathetic to their cause. I want them to go back to the drawing board and do the following:
(a) Discourage the Igbo's from worshiping money and having premium on honor and respects rather than the amount you have in your pocket.
(b) Encourage more youths to do stay and develop their regions. Its no good always exporting your human resources to other climes and only coming home once or twice a year to show everyone how rich you've become. That causes a great sense of mundaness.
(c) The Igbo's needs to think less about Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba's, but think more about Igbo. Most Igbo's I know are too insecure (even though they are extremely capable individuals). While I can say the Civil war had its toll on some people's psyche, they need to know that their destiny is in their hands and no tribe can hold them down; they can prosper.
(d) They must learn that life is all about politics and not that throwing of emotions all around. Too much emotions ruins even the best cause. Let them stop being clannish and mobbish. A thing needs to be assessed by its inherent properties than 'where' it comes from. Also, allowing an alternate view is something they must work on greatly.
(e) With the development in their region, they must know that Yoruba's, Niger Deltans, Middlebelt are all tired of the type of federalism we are practicing and would join for same clamor for regional autonomy/dissolution of Nigeria.
The Fulani herdsmen are a menace to Jos and Middlebelt as a whole, the Yoruba's wants regional autonomy, the South-South wants regional control but it seems proponents of this Biafra wants to annex SS and force a kingdom on them. What MOU have they signed? have they sold the whole new agitations for the elders in Igbo land? For those who are clamoring that their elders be overlooked, I daresay they are really getting it all wrong. While an older man lives in memory, a younger man lives in expectation. An elder has 'seen it all' and you cant just rubbish such a person. Any company cannot make a vibrant young man lacking in experience as her CEO (NO MATTER HIS ENTHUSIASM); he must learn the politics and realities from the elder ones.

[s]I see two things happening to this IPOB bandwagon (I see it more as a bandwagon):
Either the whole agitation goes down in the next 1 year as subsidy protests, BringBackOurGirl protest etc or it metamorphoses into a militant group that will be more of a headache to the region than a blessing.[/s]
Olamide Babatunde my Yoruba Muslim brother ur prediction failed...it did not die down...u are just talking rubbish... Dis was last months rally

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by slam7000(m): 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
tonychristopher:

if your place is bitter my place in nnewi isn't

If you want to see bitter villages go to north and west compare with Igbo

Onye puta na ogbo ona ezuzu

What exactly did he say to warrant the outburst? I agree with some of the things he wrote up there.

I think there should be more unity and cohesion amongst Igbo elites and leaders. I would like to see Obiano and Rochas sit together and share ideas without involving partisan politics. I want to see the Orji Kalus, Ekwuemes sit and talk.

South East or Igbo development would not be achieved merely by online discourse. Men like Arthur Eze, Iwuanyanwu should go back to their engineering jobs and stop messing around grabbing cheese cake meant for development of the south east. The nwobodos should retire. They have no jobs and if they can't provide meaningful jobs for themselves after being in politics for decades,how can they do that for the teeming youths.

There are lots of parasites sabotaging meaningful development in the South East.

We can achieve lots if we sit down and plan. Igbo project is primary, every other thing will fall in naturally and effortlessly.

Let's pay attention to education and research. Infrastructure are decaying in our higher institutions.

What happened to Project Develoment Institute (PRODA) Enugu. This institute has not really achieved its potential.

A city like Aba should have a modern leather processing industry that will serve and supply its shoe, other leather products. South East development discussions is not limited to having access to sea and sea port.

Serious manufacturing and production should be key to development. We are limited by our own selves. Researches in agriculture should be given priority. I'm not talking about Obiano undertaking the building of largest poultry farm. Has anyone comsidered manufacturing vet drugs to supply to this farms?

I can go on and on but without cohesion, disunity between those that should unite us and the old parasites that keep us back, it would take centuries to achieve anything.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by vmacford: 10:27am On Mar 22, 2017
MidolsStudent:
Olamide Babatunde my Yoruba Muslim brother ur prediction failed...it did not die down...u are just talking rubbish... Dis was last months rally
I read post from 2011 n 2012 more productive concerning poultry and all. 2017 all we post is argument and unproductive fights. What happened to us? What happened to nigerians? I have 125 layers some are smaller than other,especially d browns are smaller than d black. Is this normal? Is there a drug I can use to boost their feed in take? Abeg real poultry gurus help me out. Leave argument n war we can not win pls
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by unclejb2(m): 10:54am On Mar 22, 2017
xmich:
Igbo race = igbo is a language and not race

Way forward = Biafra

Igbo is both a race and a language
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by unclejb2(m): 11:08am On Mar 22, 2017
Olabestonic001:
I'm Yoruba but with much interest in the Igbo's cause.
I support a thorough planning with the pros and cons spelt out before executions. The intellects among Igbos must hijack the Biafra from those who seems to be too angry to think. I want the intellects to first analyze the stuffs around it. Anger and emotions does not win a cause; proper planning does.
IPOB seems to be filled with angry people that have been filled with the feeling of getting to a state of utopia and some gullible people who are just sympathetic to their cause. I want them to go back to the drawing board and do the following:
(a) Discourage the Igbo's from worshiping money and having premium on honor and respects rather than the amount you have in your pocket.
(b) Encourage more youths to do stay and develop their regions. Its no good always exporting your human resources to other climes and only coming home once or twice a year to show everyone how rich you've become. That causes a great sense of mundaness.
(c) The Igbo's needs to think less about Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba's, but think more about Igbo. Most Igbo's I know are too insecure (even though they are extremely capable individuals). While I can say the Civil war had its toll on some people's psyche, they need to know that their destiny is in their hands and no tribe can hold them down; they can prosper.
(d) They must learn that life is all about politics and not that throwing of emotions all around. Too much emotions ruins even the best cause. Let them stop being clannish and mobbish. A thing needs to be assessed by its inherent properties than 'where' it comes from. Also, allowing an alternate view is something they must work on greatly.
(e) With the development in their region, they must know that Yoruba's, Niger Deltans, Middlebelt are all tired of the type of federalism we are practicing and would join for same clamor for regional autonomy/dissolution of Nigeria.
The Fulani herdsmen are a menace to Jos and Middlebelt as a whole, the Yoruba's wants regional autonomy, the South-South wants regional control but it seems proponents of this Biafra wants to annex SS and force a kingdom on them. What MOU have they signed? have they sold the whole new agitations for the elders in Igbo land? For those who are clamoring that their elders be overlooked, I daresay they are really getting it all wrong. While an older man lives in memory, a younger man lives in expectation. An elder has 'seen it all' and you cant just rubbish such a person. Any company cannot make a vibrant young man lacking in experience as her CEO (NO MATTER HIS ENTHUSIASM); he must learn the politics and realities from the elder ones.

I see two things happening to this IPOB bandwagon (I see it more as a bandwagon):
Either the whole agitation goes down in the next 1 year as subsidy protests, BringBackOurGirl protest etc or it metamorphoses into a militant group that will be more of a headache to the region than a blessing.
while you mafmade some sense in your arguments, you also displayed traits of irrationality that goes with all the individuals who have come out openly to disparage IPOB. I'm a strong supporter of the Biafra movement though not a member of IPOB, the organization (IPOB) has done a tremendous good job is enlightening Biafrans and uniting them.

The biafra agitation is never going to stop even the next 10 years unless something drastic happens to the structure of Nigeria. The biafra agitation has become ideological and has began to involve several intellectual discussion on how to make it a reality.

The Igbos have also started imbibing the orientation of homeward investment. Those crooks like Iwuanyanwu and co whom you mentioned don't care about their people and the younger generation have stopped listening to them also. The injustice of the Nigerian system has turned sour on the skin and life of an average Biafran.

We take this issue more seriously than you can ever imagine. Biafra is at hand

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anyone Aggrieved With Travel Ban Should Go To Court – Presidency / TCN Announces Seven-hour Blackout In Abuja / Ambode And Oba Akiolu Celebrate Democracy Day With Physically Challenged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.