Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle (12840 Views)

Quit Notice To Igbos: Arewa Youths Change Their Minds, Reconsider Igbos (Photos) / The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
obailala:
Nothing is impossible, but some targets are more easily achievable than others. Now which do you think is an easier and a more achievable target?...
1. A return of the regionalism (50% resource control) which Nigeria practised before the war
2. Secession of the SE + SS (assuming the SS would agree to go away with the SE)

Just like it has been rightly pointed out by several great minds, cooperation is the only way forward. With the sheer multitude of people who have come out to protest for secession, just imagine if the subject of those protests was redefined to suit the desires of both the SS and SW (regionalism)?... The entire southern Nigeria would be agog and when Nigeria is held to a standstill, 2/3rd majority or not, regionalism can definitely be achieved.

For any major cause to be achieved, regional cooperation is the key and some compromises have to be made. Unfortunately, the SE believes it can do it alone, a lot of pro-seccesionists today even erroneously assume that the SS is interested in leaving Nigeria with the SE and have without due consultations or permission, forced the SS into the Biafran map. How some people arrive at such conclusions is a mystery to be discussed another day.
My brother, there is no need to assume. The SS have said NO to SE+SS seccession. We sympathise with you and it is my desire that the dream of every Igboman/woman is actualise but we don't subscribe to SS+SE Biafra. I think you should discuss within the context by not discarding the realities on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Truth4eva: 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
that is why I said, true federalism cannot be implemented yet. We must invest in other regions albeit with the oyel money to make the sustainable, once that is achieved, regions van decide to come together as a federation or we all go our separate ways, to agitate for federalism or seccesion today without the above done will never be accepted by the north who are mostly parasitic on the nations economy thanks to their lack of interest in agriculture and avarice to oyel money
Have we not depended on oil for about 55years? How much longer will nigerians wait before true federalism is actualised? Even Buhari is talking about using gas for national development, instead of diversification of economy. This resource, alongside crude oil is exploited from a paricular region or some states in Nigeria and used to finance all states. Some Nigerians don't want to hear about true federalism but will always look up to the central government for funds. Truth be told that nigeria cannot practise true federalism, no matter how long funds are given to states for economic growth through the exploitation of oil and gas.

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truth4eva:
Op, I commend you for your good work here. Nevertheless, the earlier we tell ourselves the truth, the better for us. True federalism cannot work in Nigeria. Some states cannot sustain themselves not to talk of bringing a certain percentage to the central government. When this repeats itself severally, these states will depend on other states for survival as if in a pararsitic mode of association. They will become a burden to these other states which can sustain themselves, leading to quarrel, diagreement and disunity. What holds Nigerians together is CRUDE OIL. If it is taken away, one can now see how nigeria looks in reality. If hausas/Fulanis or Yorubas want to secede, nobody lifts an eyebrow. But as soon as Biafrans talk of secession, war will be declared against them. Why? Because of OIL.
I believe that this thread is meant for "intellectuals". That said, the Oil in question is 98% on the soil of South South ethnic groups that have said they(we) are not signatories to Biafran arrangement. I believe that Biafra will be actualise without a single opposition if you stop dragging SS into your Biafran map. Let it be for Igbos and watch the popular support it will get across board. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by babyfaceafrica: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I believe that this thread is meant for "intellectuals". That said, the Oil in question is 98% on the soil of South South ethnic groups that have said they(we) are not signatories to Biafran arrangement. I believe that Biafra will be actualise without a single opposition if you stop dragging SS into your Biafran map. Let it be for Igbos and watch the popular support it will get across board. Thanks
my broda you talk well........cant biafra just be five SE states?.....why SS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Truth4eva: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

A referendum will confirm your perceptions. You should know that Biafra is not all about oil. Afterall the price of oil keeps dropping day by day.

3 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by ishiamu(m): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You don join barcanista preach that gospel to igbos on NL the won't hear you they believe in what they say. The real fact will be known to em in fullness of time not with your word cos they will rain insults on you...
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

We are aware that 'We SS' do not want Biafra but we also expect 'We SS' to know that Igbo will go with their lands in Delta and Rivers states, deal?

5 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truth4eva:

A referendum will confirm your perceptions. You should know that Biafra is not all about oil. Afterall the price of oil keeps dropping day by day.
There will be referendum because you want it or what? Ethnic nationalities in the SS since 1967 have said NO TO BIAFRA. They've said it at every fora and some lost their lives in the process(eg Boro). So what referendum do you need or who will force it? Perhaps there should also be Biafran referendum in Ibadan, Osogbo, kano, Borno, Zamfara etc. Bros, like I said, you will be surprised with the popular acceptance Biafra will get if you guys stop the attach SS by force in your map. Personally, I wish you guys well in the agitation but SS is not a party to it.

Even if Oil fall to One Kobo, it still won't change our position... Beside, we have gas grin

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truth4eva:

the only referendum will be done in ibo land, nothing more. Or do you think such will take place in SS? stop dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
my broda you talk well........cant biafra just be five SE states?.....why SS?
My brother, I understand that this thread is meant for Igbo intellectuals(which I'm not one by virtue of the fact that I'm not an Igboman). But, I have to tell them the truth. Whether they accept or not is not my problem....

#Walking out...>>>
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truth4eva:
Op, I commend you for your good work here. Nevertheless, the earlier we tell ourselves the truth, the better for us. True federalism cannot work in Nigeria. Some states cannot sustain themselves not to talk of bringing a certain percentage to the central government. When this repeats itself severally, these states will depend on other states for survival as if in a pararsitic mode of association. They will become a burden to these other states which can sustain themselves, leading to quarrel, diagreement and disunity. What holds Nigerians together is CRUDE OIL. If it is taken away, one can now see how nigeria looks in reality. If hausas/Fulanis or Yorubas want to secede, nobody lifts an eyebrow. But as soon as Biafrans talk of secession, war will be declared against them. Why? Because of OIL.

oil. which oil. palm oil?
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Truth4eva: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
juicee1:
the only referendum will be done in ibo land, nothing more. Or do you think such will take place in SS? stop dreaming.
Absolutely. The five known states and part of Delta and Rivers who are Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Truth4eva: 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ioannes:

oil. which oil. palm oil?
Did you read where I wrote CRUDE OIL? Maybe I have to keep writing it a s crude oil. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

There will be referendum because you want it or what? Ethnic nationalities in the SS since 1967 have said NO TO BIAFRA. They've said it at every fora and some lost their lives in the process(eg Boro). So what referendum do you need or who will force it? Perhaps there should also be Biafran referendum in Ibadan, Osogbo, kano, Borno, Zamfara etc. Bros, like I said, you will be surprised with the popular acceptance Biafra will get if you guys stop the attach SS by force in your map. Personally, I wish you guys well in the agitation but SS is not a party to it.

Even if Oil fall to One Kobo, it still won't change our position... Beside, we have gas grin
you also have sea grin

They keep mentioning referendum which they want holding in SE and SS. Any referendum in Nigeria will be held in the whole federation, north, west, east and South and it would be for the disintegration of Nigeria which I don't see happening.

If they ibos want to go, they can go but without the SS. If they keep dragging or attaching the SS to their biafra struggle, then they should see themselves still struggling in the next 200yrs cos Nigeria won't allow such, not even the minority SS.

Oyel thieves and land grabbers grin

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truth4eva:

Absolutely. The five known states and part of Delta and Rivers who are Igbos.
the ibos in that region are not silly. They know they have a lot to gain in a Niger delta or Nigeria than biafra. Besides, they've always dissociated themselves from SE ibos.

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Truth4eva: 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't know why you feel agitated whenever 'Biafra' is mentioned. Wait till a referendum is to be conducted, then we shall know the areas that will part of it. Stay cool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, I understand that this thread is meant for Igbo intellectuals(which I'm not one by virtue of the fact that I'm not an Igboman). But, I have to tell them the truth. Whether they accept or not is not my problem....

#Walking out...>>>
Mr you haven't lied, SS is now a region and are entitled to speak for themselves, if they support the Biafran agenda then it will be their choice

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Truth4eva: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
juicee1:
the ibos in that region are not silly. They know they have a lot to gain in a Niger delta or Nigeria than biafra. Besides, they've always dissociated themselves from SE ibos.
I know that you are not quite sure about what you have written here. You based it on speculations or what you see people write on Nairaland or in the dailies. Time will tell whether they are biafrans or not.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
Mr you haven't lied, SS is now a region and are entitled to speak for themselves, if they support the Biafran agenda then it will be their choice
SS is not just a region, it consist of different ethnic nationalities that has NEVER been Biafra and have always maintained that they are NOT interested in Igbo Biafran projwct since 1967. Every ethnic nationalities have their own demand which chiefly rest on Resource Control and federalism WITHIN this NigeriaState. I believe ig the Ibos are convinced that Nigeria can't be better, all they have to do is to call for exit of their own group without attaching those that still believe in their own struggle(SS). It is All man for himself and God for everyone. When ogoni did their bill of rights they didn't include others. Same with ijaws, Binis, Urhobos, Ikwerre, Oron, Itsekiri etc.

juicee1:

I no get time to de argue that one. Whoever feels Rivers or PHC is Igbo should go and take it or go to court. Afterall, Lagos was once declared a No Man's Land but it doesn't stop it from being a Yoruba land.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, there is no need to assume. The SS have said NO to SE+SS seccession. We sympathise with you and it is my desire that the dream of every Igboman/woman is actualise but we don't subscribe to SS+SE Biafra. I think you should discuss within the context by not discarding the realities on ground.

Here they come. Another NL "intellectual".

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truth4eva:

I know that you are not quite sure about what you have written here. You based it on speculations or what you see people write on Nairaland or in the dailies. Time will tell whether they are biafrans or not.
the first time I heard a boy named onyema tell me he is not ibo, I was dumbfounded. He said he is delta ibo. I told him there was no difference, but he disagreed. Same stance is taken by my girlfriend whose mum is also delta ibo.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
Anybody that wants to know the meaning of The Zoo should come and read this thread.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
juicee1:
the first time I heard a boy named onyema tell me he is not ibo, I was dumbfounded. He said he is delta ibo. I told him there was no difference, but he disagreed. Same stance is taken by my girlfriend whose mum is also delta ibo.

That one far self. My Onitsha schoolmate told me that they, onitsha indigenes are not Igbo.
Look. Forget what people say. If you are very sure of their stance, give them a referendum.

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truth4eva:

I don't know why you feel agitated whenever 'Biafra' is mentioned. Wait till a referendum is to be conducted, then we shall know the areas that will part of it. Stay cool.
no referendum.

Oyel thief and land grabber. grin
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Truth4eva: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
juicee1:
Noted! Are you satisfied now?

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Point of correction, Nigeria has oil & gas not SS. Last time I checked ss is till part of Nigeria.

All regions will continue to eat every month and we are all happy. Forget about resource control because it will never happen.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Those thinking that SE is landlocked are jokers. We can break out through Obuaku in Abia state of river niger in Anambra.

All that is required is determination and hard work.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by mapet: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

@TonyeBarcanista,

This is one question I still keep asking and seeming Igbo folks on NL pretend or gloss over it. I believe it is better the Igbos make a thorough self assessment of their "assets" apriori even if the quest for Biafra will materialise. You SS are obviously not with them in the Biafra quest, and you have your own quest. How Oil all of a sudden turn's into Igbo Oil is another fallacy that beats my imagination.........a yoruba saying "If someone is leading you astray into the bush, you'd better force yourself back on track on the road"

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by ruggedboy01: 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Let's start by having a functional seaport in the east.
how do we build it, with which money undecided
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Warlord3000(m): 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
Love this thread...

Quite civil than I thought it will be...

Am just gonna continue reading and learn some while discarding some wink

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
Let's not derail this initiative with arguments of seccesion, what do we feel could be done to improve the sustainability of the south East. To prevent arguments in my own opinion the south East which comprises of the five igbo states is biafra, the south south will determine their fate. Let's talk as Igbos. Leave the oil issue alone, we can discuss our own oil. Our own solution to a sea route just as eurobomber has pointed out. Thanks
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
ruggedboy01:
how do we build it, with which money undecided
exactly I like that question, it's very important it is addressed, you also can give suggestions, but I feel a political solution is best, if we had hood people with such vision at federal level, am sure such an Intiative can be funded, either solely or in foreign partnerships who are sympathetic to the cause

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Electoral Bill: PDP Plans To Use Russians To Hack INEC Server, Says APC / Minimum Wage: Why We May Not Accept N100,000 – Organised Labour / Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.