Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,298 members, 7,957,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:18 PM

Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle (12834 Views)

Quit Notice To Igbos: Arewa Youths Change Their Minds, Reconsider Igbos (Photos) / The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
dialfa:

Because it takes two to tango.

If you are reaching out to someone that keeps ignoring you, you have no pride, ridiculous or otherwise.
Right now, Igbos first.
When it becomes in the interest of Igbos to reach out to some people we will do that.

One of the two must make the first move for the tango to begin.

When have you reached out to them and they ignored you?
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by carnegiefan: 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Promhize:

It took a SS president, SE aviation minister and decades for SE to get an ordinary International Airport.

Since when have igbos been yearning for a seaport. As long Nigeria's structure remains as it is, we will never get that seaport, but billions is being spent exploring for oil in the north.

They say SE is landlocked to deceive the gullible.

The smartest comment of the thread!
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by babyfaceafrica: 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
cheruv:

Kos Igbos are in the SS too
igbos are everywhere in naija..does that mean biafra will be everywhere
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by ArodeTsolaye: 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Olabestonic001:
I'm Yoruba but with much interest in the Igbo's cause.
I support a thorough planning with the pros and cons spelt out before executions. The intellects among Igbos must hijack the Biafra from those who seems to be too angry to think. I want the intellects to first analyze the stuffs around it. Anger and emotions does not win a cause; proper planning does.
IPOB seems to be filled with angry people that have been filled with the feeling of getting to a state of utopia and some gullible people who are just sympathetic to their cause. I want them to go back to the drawing board and do the following:
(a) Discourage the Igbo's from worshiping money and having premium on honor and respects rather than the amount you have in your pocket.
(b) Encourage more youths to do stay and develop their regions. Its no good always exporting your human resources to other climes and only coming home once or twice a year to show everyone how rich you've become. That causes a great sense of mundaness.
(c) The Igbo's needs to think less about Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba's, but think more about Igbo. Most Igbo's I know are too insecure (even though they are extremely capable individuals). While I can say the Civil war had its toll on some people's psyche, they need to know that their destiny is in their hands and no tribe can hold them down; they can prosper.
(d) They must learn that life is all about politics and not that throwing of emotions all around. Too much emotions ruins even the best cause. Let them stop being clannish and mobbish. A thing needs to be assessed by its inherent properties than 'where' it comes from. Also, allowing an alternate view is something they must work on greatly.
(e) With the development in their region, they must know that Yoruba's, Niger Deltans, Middlebelt are all tired of the type of federalism we are practicing and would join for same clamor for regional autonomy/dissolution of Nigeria.
The Fulani herdsmen are a menace to Jos and Middlebelt as a whole, the Yoruba's wants regional autonomy, the South-South wants regional control but it seems proponents of this Biafra wants to annex SS and force a kingdom on them. What MOU have they signed? have they sold the whole new agitations for the elders in Igbo land? For those who are clamoring that their elders be overlooked, I daresay they are really getting it all wrong. While an older man lives in memory, a younger man lives in expectation. An elder has 'seen it all' and you cant just rubbish such a person. Any company cannot make a vibrant young man lacking in experience as her CEO (NO MATTER HIS ENTHUSIASM); he must learn the politics and realities from the elder ones.

I see two things happening to this IPOB bandwagon (I see it more as a bandwagon):
Either the whole agitation goes down in the next 1 year as subsidy protests, BringBackOurGirl protest etc or it metamorphoses into a militant group that will be more of a headache to the region than a blessing.

So you had all these profound wisdom but yet can't feed your people in yorubaland. Can you tell us why you don't want to stay on your own? Why are you yorubers afraid of dissolution even more than Fulanis. Maybe my picture says it all, no oil, plenty hunger grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by VickJames(m): 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
dialfa:

Please stop this yoruba nonsense propaganda. Where did you see disunity in Igboland?

This is not propaganda, when you check what is happening in our land, we have not achieved one single feat with our collective effort. look at the political party that was meant to be an igbo party, it has been destroyed and only have root in anambra state. this goes to show how igbos love going outside to beg others to be their friends. the igbo man went to pdp, they have abandoned pdp for igbo people. no singular motive from the igbos. the artificial boundary is really causing havoc to our existence and it needs to stop. we love going solo and it is bad.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by backtosender: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truth4eva:

It seems that you do not understand the country you are living in. No state or region will fold its hands and see what it has perspired for being used to sustain another state or region, because some states or regions cannot sustain themselves. This is the truth. Why do you think that the nigerian government does not want to implement diversification of economy or true federalism? Your guess is as good as mine. People don't speak so much about oil because it is used to sustain all states. Once true federalism comes into play, everybody will be vigilant to know which state is a parasite and which is the host. When sustainable states see that the unsustainable ones don't contribute as they should, disuinty and disagreement will set in.
good point
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

How? By saying that we should build stronger ties with the people of the man who was the last president of Biafra?

To me it is pointless

I feel the feeling should be mutual
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by VickJames(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
pla
Eddygourdo:
bros for peace and tranquillity, every party in this melee must be pacified and a middle ground sought. To secced or create nation now or implement true federalism in Nigeria without preparation will render many states even in the SE uneconomically viable. So this development also affects the SE and not just the north

what you have to understand is that the world is not a place where we caress everyone to exist. they have been existing before the oil boom, so they should exist after it. afterall, the lands that are degraded are people's land.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by ArodeTsolaye: 8:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
obailala:
Nothing is impossible, but some targets are more easily achievable than others. Now which do you think is an easier and a more achievable target?...
1. A return of the regionalism (50% resource control) which Nigeria practised before the war
2. Secession of the SE + SS (assuming the SS would agree to go away with the SE)

Just like it has been rightly pointed out by several great minds, cooperation is the only way forward. With the sheer multitude of people who have come out to protest for secession, just imagine if the subject of those protests was redefined to suit the desires of both the SS and SW (regionalism)?... The entire southern Nigeria would be agog and when Nigeria is held to a standstill, 2/3rd majority or not, regionalism can definitely be achieved.

For any major cause to be achieved, regional cooperation is the key and some compromises have to be made. Unfortunately, the SE believes it can do it alone, a lot of pro-seccesionists today even erroneously assume that the SS is interested in leaving Nigeria with the SE and have without due consultations or permission, forced the SS into the Biafran map. How some people arrive at such conclusions is a mystery to be discussed another day.

This one is banking on the SW support, with all their muslims licking northern as$ses. Alhaji Akintola the Sultan's boy must be laughing at your foolery. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, there is no need to assume. The SS have said NO to SE+SS seccession. We sympathise with you and it is my desire that the dream of every Igboman/woman is actualise but we don't subscribe to SS+SE Biafra. I think you should discuss within the context by not discarding the realities on ground.

This ijo dude ...who are the ss that said that .my position and most Igbo position is stay away from ijo and edo peeps

Now go and fish

This is Igbo thread

Or are you now Igbo wanna be

I don't have kaikai

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

I ask you to stay on your own while i stay on mine, that means i am stepping on your toes? The blackman really has a big problem.

The solution is simple. A referendum just like the scottish did, unfortunately the blackman loves complicating simple things.
that is a solution that will not work. So you believe that if the SE currently seceded in its current state, that we will become more prosperous than Nigeria is?
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
bros for peace and tranquillity, every party in this melee must be pacified and a middle ground sought. To secced or create nation now or implement true federalism in Nigeria without preparation will render many states even in the SE uneconomically viable. So this development also affects the SE and not just the north

Explain your economic viability ..maybe this Dutch disease has affected all of you
I doubt you know the meaning of Dutch disease
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by cheruv: 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Don't be mischievous pls!! angry
Igbos are indigenous to the SS as they're to the SE.its only a bastard Igbo that denies the presence of Igbos in the SS
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

This one is banking on the SW support, with all their muslims licking northern as$ses. Alhaji Akintola the Sultan's boy must be laughing at your foolery. grin grin grin
Oga please show respect to others. That's the essence of this thread
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

I ask you to stay on your own while i stay on mine, that means i am stepping on your toes? The blackman really has a big problem.

The solution is simple. A referendum just like the scottish did, unfortunately the blackman loves complicating simple things.

That's the problem I have with blacks ..we don't reason

What is big ..Igbo said they are done

Is that complicated ....
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

Explain your economic viability ..maybe this Dutch disease has affected all of you
I doubt you know the meaning of Dutch disease
since you are into curse words, I won't discuss with you. I am here to only respond to my peers and clearly you looking at me wrong, if you wanna be an adult, then rephrase your questions respectfully and I will respond
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by cheruv: 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Ezziokwu amaghim ihnye naeme obailala..o naeche echiche ka onye no uwa utōpia angry

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:

see them
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
since you are into curse words, I won't discuss with you. I am here to only respond to my peers and clearly you looking at me wrong, if you wanna be an adult, then rephrase your questions respectfully and I will respond

You see I said that
You don't know the meaning of Dutch disease ...now let me lecture you

It is not a curse word

It is a situation where nations that have oil depend so much on oil that they can't think outof the box

Can you pls Google it . this how to learn

So you can see your not an authority here

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by ArodeTsolaye: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

There will be referendum because you want it or what? Ethnic nationalities in the SS since 1967 have said NO TO BIAFRA. They've said it at every fora and some lost their lives in the process(eg Boro). So what referendum do you need or who will force it? Perhaps there should also be Biafran referendum in Ibadan, Osogbo, kano, Borno, Zamfara etc. Bros, like I said, you will be surprised with the popular acceptance Biafra will get if you guys stop the attach SS by force in your map. Personally, I wish you guys well in the agitation but SS is not a party to it.

Even if Oil fall to One Kobo, it still won't change our position... Beside, we have gas grin

You are not going to have an inch, not even a centimeter of Igboland in the so called SS. Anioma people have made it very clear and i know you know this, ObIgbo people and other indigenous Igbos have said the same. So back off. grin grin

Your awusa fulani created SS includes Igboland in anioma and rivers, any attempt to encroach from your creeks into their lands will be met with brute force. God bless the republic of Ijawland, God bless Biafra. grin grin

cc: Ikechu, onenaira,Euro31,

4 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
VickJames:
pla

what you have to understand is that the world is not a place where we caress everyone to exist. they have been existing before the oil boom, so they should exist after it. afterall, the lands that are degraded are people's land.
let's assume you are the leader of this great nation, buy you intend to secede with your people, tell me how you would go about it, strategically, peacefully and economically in order to achieve your objectives with minimal or no bloodshed
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

You see I said that
You don't know the meaning of Dutch disease ...now let me lecture you

It is not a curse word

It is a situation where nations that have oil depend so much on oil that they can't think outof the box

Can you pls Google it . this how to learn

So you can see your not an authority here
it is a derogatory statement to me. You don't know me nor my level in life, as I don't know you, Wat binds us is the mutual respect I earlier pleased for in this thread, I made sure I included the need for maturity in the topic. You cannot speak to me in such berating manner, there are better ways to express yourself young man if you want to have an intelligent discourse
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by VickJames(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
let's assume you are the leader of this great nation, buy you intend to secede with your people, tell me how you would go about it, strategically, peacefully and economically in order to achieve your objectives with minimal or no bloodshed

The resources of one is not the resources of all, since the other groups in this country are not sharing their cocoa and gold with anyone in this country. why should anyone share his crude for the other person to enjoy
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by ArodeTsolaye: 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
that is a solution that will not work. So you believe that if the SE currently seceded in its current state, that we will become more prosperous than Nigeria is?

God created Igboland, Awusa/fulani balkanized it. Now one question for you.

Is the fulani created SE, the only indigenous land of Igbo speaking Biafrans?
The only people who have failed that question are... grin
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:

You are asking the wrong wrong question. Not that I expect any better from you seeing where you are coming from.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
it is a derogatory statement to me. You don't know me nor my level in life, as I don't know you, Wat binds us is the mutual respect I earlier pleased for in this thread, I made sure I included the need for maturity in the topic. You cannot speak to me in such berating manner, there are better ways to express yourself young man if you want to have an intelligent discourse

Because you don't know the meaning

Pls thank me for the lectures

Iwe GI juo oyi nwanne madu

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by ArodeTsolaye: 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
juicee1:
you also have sea grin

They keep mentioning referendum which they want holding in SE and SS. Any referendum in Nigeria will be held in the whole federation, north, west, east and South and it would be for the disintegration of Nigeria which I don't see happening.

If they ibos want to go, they can go but without the SS. If they keep dragging or attaching the SS to their biafra struggle, then they should see themselves still struggling in the next 200yrs cos Nigeria won't allow such, not even the minority SS.

Oyel thieves and land grabbers grin

just like it held in the whole of britain? I dey laugh this daft black man. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
VickJames:

The resources of one is not the resources of all, since the other groups in this country are not sharing their cocoa and gold with anyone in this country. why should anyone share his crude for the other person to enjoy
ok I understand your logic, buy these other resources you mentioned will you deny that over years thanks to our over dependence on oil, that these resources will be enough at their current state to run these regions without additional investment? The igbo land and SS were once known for oil palm and agriculture, the rubber plantations in the SS comes to mind, can we ask cross river for instance to be autonomous and depend on rubber at its current state? or should we invest in their rubber plantation project to ensure that after seccesion or federalism they can survive, which makes for a better approach
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:

What makes you think Nigeria will be more prosperous
Just take a cusory look at south east states and other states

Then compare
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

Because you don't know the meaning

Pls thank me for the lectures

Iwe GI juo oyi nwanne madu
I am not angry bro, I just wanna have insightful discussions with people, hear their views and suggestions no matter how they might differ from mine. That's all.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
I am not angry bro, I just wanna have insightful discussions with people, hear their views and suggestions no matter how they might differ from mine. That's all.
Let me tell you

The greatest resources one have is human capacity and God has blessed Igbo so much on that . just that we need resourceful people

I am from anambra and I can say that I have seen ingenuity in aba and nnewi

The Biafra war was an eye opener also

The gods can't do for a man what a man will do for himslef

Switzerland Singapore and Luxembourg don't have any resources but their brains

This over depending on oil is killing me
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

What makes you think Nigeria will be more prosperous
Just take a cusory look at south east states and other states

Then compare
we are not doing enough with respect to our potentials as a people, we must improve, we can't sustain ourselves at our current state of development if we secede without good plans or strategy, that's all I am saying, this is why I feel the ipob approach is wrong, we must plan better, we must plan beyond secession, we must plan for our sustainace after seccesion, the goal of the ipob is seccesion, they are obsessed with it just as the apc was in trying to remove pdp from power, today we can see they are I'll prepared for governance, that is Wat misplaced priorities causr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Gombe State / Contractors With No Shovel Get Contracts In Kano – FERMA / Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.