Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God (22544 Views)

10 Weird Patron Saints Of The Catholic Church / You Are Better Of Not Going To Church-to The Saints Of God. / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

See how silly and inconsistent this post is?
If the Spirit gives understanding not scriptures? What is the purpose of the scriptures? Could you have learnt of the Spirit but for the scriptures?

And most importantly, WHY are you writing? Why not suffer Spirit to teach and give understanding? Why are you doing Spirit's work?

The only reason one would give a lengthy diatribe devoid of scriptures is because they are shallow in the Word of God and they know this fact and are afraid of being called out

u r just imposing ur views on others and besides u were very rude calling his post silly.......u dont sound like a tru christian to me..whats d essence of knowing d whole scripture when u dont address other people with love....did u see d way he addressed u as 'brother'? that shows a true christian..learn frm him

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by InHim4Him(m): 10:39am On Nov 29, 2015
Thanks for the write-up.

Absorb the insults. It goes with the spirit of the age.

Concerning worship, many are yet to understand anything about it. Where is the reverence, the awe that made angels cover their faces and men removed their footwares?

Grace abused is at the root of all the confusion.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

Its pretty simple bro. The Spirit of God and the Scripture are the same: Inseparable. And the only way to confirm the identity of the Spirit is to look at it in the light of the scripture. While I subscribed to some of the things you put up, I condemn your statement that you don't need to back them up with scriptures.
Amen bro. A poor opinion of scriptures has birthed all this Pentecostal madness you see in Nigeria. A pastor wakes up and commands his congregation to have MouthAction with him and nobody questions because 'Spirit' is speaking.

God has exalted His word above His name, holding the Word any lower than this is blasphemy, extremely foolish and is the foundation for deception

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

See how silly and inconsistent this post is?
If the Spirit gives understanding not scriptures? What is the purpose of the scriptures? Could you have learnt of the Spirit but for the scriptures?

And most importantly, WHY are you writing? Why not suffer Spirit to teach and give understanding? Why are you doing Spirit's work?

The only reason one would give a lengthy diatribe devoid of scriptures is because they are shallow in the Word of God and they know this fact and are afraid of being called out

Since you know scriptures more than him why don't you quote them here for the benefit of all? Expose his error and be done with it! Why keep picking at the guy? Haba now.. Is that how to correct in love?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 10:41am On Nov 29, 2015
faustinalove:

u r just imposing ur views on others and besides u were very rude calling his post silly.......u dont sound like a tru christian to me..whats d essence of knowing d whole scripture when u dont address other people with love....did u see d way he addressed u as 'brother'? that shows a true christian..learn frm him
Paul was equally loveless and antiChrist when he called Galatians foolish right?

You don't diminish scriptures and replace them with your own imagination which you then call 'Spirit'.
How do you test 'Spirit' apart form the Word of God?

This is a dangerous heresy here bro, that all you need is 'Spirit' not scriptures

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2015
babafemi1000:

Since you know scriptures more than him why don't you quote them here for the benefit of all? Expose his error and be done with it! Why keep picking at the guy? Haba now.. Is that how to correct in love?
I don't know scriptures more than him and nor have I claimed thus. When you correct a Christian practice, you should do it with scriptures because this is God's yardstick for correcting, reproving us. You can't just say, 'this is wrong!' Say instead, ' this is wrong because the Word of God......'

When Jesus was confronted by Satan, He said 'It is WRITTEN.....' A Christian ought to follow his master

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 10:46am On Nov 29, 2015
faustinalove:

u r very right brother..we should stop deceiving ourselves by waiting for everything to be backed up with scriptural verses..what then do u hav d holy spirit for?
There has been misplaced emphasis after the demise of the Apostles. Instead of resting on the Spirit we are resting on the word like the word give the understanding and power. The Apostle spoke explicitly on various things not written in the OT yet the believers understand what they are saying without a Scripture to justify it from the OT because the Spirit is alive in them and they depend on him. There was no Bible in the early church yet they understand all.

However, the time has come to restore the emphasis on The Spirit rather than the written word. Time to live by the Spirit instead of Living by the written word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 10:46am On Nov 29, 2015
EreluY:
[b]THE FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT MISCONCEPTION WHICH ALL READERS OF THIS THREAD NEED TO BEAR IN MIND IS THAT THE IDEA OF GOD IS FABRICATED. THERE IS NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE FOR GOD'S EXISTENCE. FREE YOURSELVES FROM THIS AGE LONG COLONIAL MENTALITY. THE EUROPEANS WHO BROUGHT CHRISTIANITY TO AFRICA NO LONGER BELIEVE IN THIS TRASH. MOST CHURCHES IN EUROPE HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO PUBS AND CLUBS. OTHERS HAVE BECOME HINDU TEMPLES. EVEN TWO WEEKS AGO, JUSTIN WELBY, THE ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY (THE NO.1 CLERIC IN THE WORLDWIDE ANGLICAN CHURCH) CLAIMS, IN A PRESS INTERVIEW, THAT HE DOUBTS IF GOD EXISTS. OTHERWISE, WHY DOES THIS IMAGINARY GOD ALLOW EVIL IN THE WORLD (AN ISSUE FREQUENTLY DISCUSSED WITHIN THEOLOGICAL DISCOURSE OF THEODICY OR "THE PROBLEM OF EVIL"wink. NIGERIA WOULD NEVER MOVE FORWARD UNTIL NIGERIANS JOIN THE ENLIGHTENMENT BAND WAGON. IT IS SCIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE THAT ACCOUNT FOR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA AND NOT RELIGION. UNTIL WE ABANDON RELIGION FOR THE ENLIGHTENMENT, NIGERIA AND THE REST OF AFRICA WOULD REMAIN UNDERDEVELOPED.[/b]

There is a special identity for u in the Bible...... Its called "FOOL". Psalm 14:1

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 10:53am On Nov 29, 2015
InHim4Him:
Thanks for the write-up.

Absorb the insults. It goes with the spirit of the age.

Concerning worship, many are yet to understand anything about it. Where is the reverence, the awe that made angels cover their faces and men removed their footwares?

Grace abused is at the root of all the confusion.
Same questions I ask myself brother, where is this reference, the awe that made angels cover their faces, the awe that made Moses tremble with fear.

As per the insults I have taken more than anyone can do now from my biological parent. Kind of immune to them now.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

Its pretty simple bro. The Spirit of God and the Scripture are the same: Inseparable. And the only way to confirm the identity of the Spirit is to look at it in the light of the scripture. While I subscribed to some of the things you put up, I condemn your statement that you don't need to back them up with scriptures. That's not the Spirit speaking. Its you.
If you read patiently, I said, the Spirit will imprint the understanding on the heart of whoever reads it. While you read the post, scriptures pop up in your mind justifying the Truth in it. That's the faith I have in God and which have never failed.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by cescky(m): 11:07am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Kneeling to be prayed for means you believe in prayer,didn't you?

(Forgive my typos for I write from my phone)

Though you sound knonledgebale, I see u have zero knowledge pertaining to faith,
If you will humble your self and read perharps your level of understanding will increase.

Faith IS SUBSTANCE of what YOU HOPE for........EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN, in other words faith is Accepting something as true even when your eyes and other senses can't see, feel or touch them.

In other words before you can receive something from God...you have to have it within you AS AN ALREADY DONE deed. But not visible to your eyes, that's why Jesus said whosevr shall say.... And shall not DOUBT In his HEART......therefore whatsoever things ye desire BELIEVE,YE RECEIVE(urs eyes can't see at this stage) and ye shall have(u eyes will see, cos it becomes physical).

Don't be religious in your thinking...you don't need to kneel before any man, what you need is the word of God(bible) and look for what it says concerning your desire and if God says he's done it for then stand on that word by faith.

Why did you think Jesus marveled at the centurian that said master speak only the words and my servant will be healed...? Because others including his disciples peter who had a sick mother at home, ete didn't understnad that its according to its individuals faith( heart faith) (faith that believes with out seeing) so they and you thought jesus, pastors etc have to come and do some magic, no the word concerning all our needs are in the bible, just believe it. God doesn't respond to tears or please, he responds to your faith... And you have a part to play, by beleieving that your request is granted, even when your physical senses tell you other wise. Stop kneeling infront of people thinkin that's what will get you result.

Don't be religious... Even Jesus said when ye STAND praying...check ya bible(not saying there's anything wrong in kneeling tho).

Faith with out works is dead, so if u think a man will pray for the sick and the sick man goes back to bed and keeps compliang about symtons etc, such sick man will not be healed...even when such a person is healed, he will loose it, cos faith is evidence of things not seen, and its unto you according to your faith.

If still want to argue,pls don't quote me, for I can't help you any further, ask the holy ghost to ipen the eyes of your understanding.

Lest I forget there's a LAW of faith, hence faith doesn't fail, for its a law like gravity
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 11:08am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
If you read patiently, I said, the Spirit will imprint the understanding on the heart of whoever reads it. While you read the post, scriptures pop up in your mind justifying the Truth in it. That's the faith I have in God and which have never failed.

And while those ideas were being 'imprinted' in your mind, did any scriptures not 'pop up' in your mind as a confirmation of what the spirit is giving you?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 11:13am On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

And while those ideas were being 'imprinted' in your mind, did any scriptures not 'pop up' in your mind as a confirmation of what the spirit is giving you?
We are saying the same thing bro. I didn't put those Scriptures but the Scriptures were brought up to support what you are reading.

Seeing that those Scriptures will be brought up I thought it unnecessary to include them again.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by EreluY(f): 11:14am On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

There is a special identity for u in the Bible...... Its called "FOOL". Psalm 14:1

[b]FOR BELIEVING AND ACCEPTING THE AUTHORITY OF A BOOK THAT WAS FRAUDULENTLY PUT TOGETHER AND INTERSPERSED WITH ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIAN FOLKLORE, YOU ARE, IN DEED, THE GREATEST FOOL ON THIS PLANET. GO AND EDUCATE YOURSELF AND FREE YOURSELF FROM THE NONSENSE CALLED RELIGION.

THE PSALM YOU WERE REFERRING TO WAS ALLEGEDLY WRITTEN BY DAVID WHO WAS A BAD RULER/KING, A TREACHEROUS MAN, A CHEAT, AN ADULTERER, A WOMANISER, A HEARTLESS MURDERER, AND A BAD FATHER WHOSE SON, AMMON, NOT ONLY DEFLOWERED HER OWN SISTER, TAMAR, BUT ALSO KILLED HIS OWN BROTHER ABSALOM. LIKE FATHER. LIKE SON. NOW, IS THAT A GODLY MAN OR GODLY FAMILY? AND WHY SHOULD I ATTACH ANY SERIOUSNESS TO ANYTHING SAID BY THIS IDIOT CALLED DAVID? AND WHY SHOULD ANYONE TAKE SERIOUS A GOD WHO DESCRIBES THIS IDIOT AS A MAN AFTER HIS (GOD'S) OWN HEART? WHO ON THIS THREAD WOULD CALL AN ADULTERER, A MURDERER, A CHEAT AND A TREACHEROUS PERSON A MAN OR WOMAN AFTER THEIR OWN HEART? NIGERIANS NEED TO WISE UP AND STOP BEING SILLY/FOOLS?
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 11:17am On Nov 29, 2015
cescky:

(Forgive my typos for I write from my phone)

Though you sound knonledgebale, I see u have zero knowledge pertaining to faith,
If you will humble your self and read perharps your level of understanding will increase.

Faith IS SUBSTANCE of what YOU HOPE for........EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN, in other words faith is Accepting something as true even when your eyes and other senses can't see, feel or touch them.

In other words before you can receive something from God...you have to have it within you AS AN ALREADY DONE deed. But not visible to your eyes, that's why Jesus said whosevr shall say.... And shall not DOUBT In his HEART......therefore whatsoever things ye desire BELIEVE,YE RECEIVE(urs eyes can't see at this stage) and ye shall have(u eyes will see, cos it becomes physical).

Don't be religious in your thinking...you don't need to kneel before any man, what you need is the word of God(bible) and look for what it says concerning your desire and if God says he's done it for then stand on that word by faith.

Why did you think Jesus marveled at the centurian that said master speak only the words and my servant will be healed...? Because others thought jesus, pastors etc have to come and do some magic, no the word concerning all our needs are in the bible, just believe it. God doesn't respond to tears or please, he responds to your faith... And you have a part to play, by beleieving that your request is granted, even when your physical senses tell you other wise. Stop kneeling infront of people thinkin that's what will get you result.

Don't be religious... Even Jesus said when ye STAND praying...check ya bible(not saying there's anything wrong in kneeling tho).

Faith with out works is dead, so if u think a man will pray for the sick and the sick man goes back to bed and keeps compliang about symtons etc, such sick man will not be healed...even when such a person is healed, he will loose it, cos faith is evidence of things not seen, and its unto you according to your faith.

If still want to argue,pls don't quote me, for I can't help you any further, ask the holy ghost to ipen the eyes of your understanding.!

Lest I forget there's a LAW of faith, hence faith doesn't fail, for its a law like gravity
We are saying the same thing. From what I see the use of "Kneeling" sparks the confusion. I used kneeling because that's the mindset of Nigerians. I myself don't do religion,i don't have one.

If you read my post on Faith I said it simply means "trusting God" which also is the summation of what you wrote there
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by cescky(m): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2015
EreluY:

[b]FOR BELIEVING AND ACCEPTING THE AUTHORITY OF A BOOK THAT WAS FRAUDULENTLY PUT TOGETHER AND INTERSPERSED WITH ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIAN FOLKLORE, YOU ARE, IN DEED, THE GREATEST FOOL ON THIS PLANET. GO AND EDUCATE YOURSELF AND FREE YOURSELF FROM THE NONSENSE CALLED RELIGION.

THE PSALM YOU WERE REFERRING TO WAS ALLEGEDLY WRITTEN BY DAVID WHO WAS A BAD RULER/KING, A TREACHEROUS MAN, A CHEAT, AN ADULTERER, A WOMANISER, A HEARTLESS MURDERER, AND A BAD FATHER WHOSE SON, AMMON, NOT ONLY DEFLOWERED HER OWN SISTER, TAMAR, BUT ALSO KILLED HIS OWN BROTHER ABSALOM. LIKE FATHER. LIKE SON. NOW, IS THAT A GODLY MAN OR GODLY FAMILY? AND WHY SHOULD I ATTACH ANY SERIOUSNESS TO ANYTHING SAID BY THIS IDIOT CALLED DAVID. AND WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER A GOD WHO DESCRIBES THIS IDIOT AS A MAN AFTER HIS (GOD'S EARTH) A RELIABLE ONE. WHO ON THIS THREAD WOULD CALL AN ADULTERER, A MURDERER, A CHEAT AND A TREACHEROUS PERSON A MAN OR WOMAN AFTER THEIR OWN HEART? NIGERIANS NEED TO WISE UP AND STOP BEING SILLY/FOOLS.
[/b]

Why such bittners madam...so he beleieves in God and is happy

And ur an atheist or just a God hater and your bitter why should he be draged into your bitter hole?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by goodgate: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
The Tribulation time.
So you know the DATE?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 11:22am On Nov 29, 2015
EreluY:

THE PSALM YOU WERE REFERRING TO WAS ALLEGEDLY WRITTEN BY DAVID WHO WAS A BAD RULER/KING, A TREACHEROUS MAN, A CHEAT, AN ADULTERER, A WOMANISER, A HEARTLESS MURDERER, AND A BAD FATHER WHOSE SON, AMMON, NOT ONLY DEFLOWERED HER OWN SISTER, TAMAR, BUT ALSO KILLED HIS OWN BROTHER ABSALOM. LIKE FATHER. LIKE SON. NOW, IS THAT A GODLY MAN OR GODLY FAMILY? AND WHY SHOULD I ATTACH ANY SERIOUSNESS TO ANYTHING SAID BY THIS IDIOT CALLED DAVID. AND WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER A GOD WHO DESCRIBES THIS IDIOT AS A MAN AFTER HIS (GOD'S EARTH) A RELIABLE ONE. WHO ON THIS THREAD WOULD CALL AN ADULTERER, A MURDERER, A CHEAT AND A TREACHEROUS PERSON A MAN OR WOMAN AFTER THEIR OWN HEART? NIGERIANS NEED TO WISE UP AND STOP BEING SILLY/FOOLS.
[/b]

That's alright young woman. At least you took some times to read the bible. There is hope. The irony of it all is that the Murderers, Adulterers, Cheat, Bad King, Treacherous Men etc are ACTUALY those God long to see and save. These bad men are men after God's heart. U don't understand it. You will.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by oglalasioux(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:

NOTE: If you believe in the Son of God,you are by definition a Jew.

This is the most infantile statement I've heard from an obviously educated person. You are a black African and nothing can make you a Jew. A bible telling you accepting Jesus makes you a Jew mocks God. If God created everything and saw it as good, I wonder what makes a Jew different from other people. It's ideas like this that has made people look the other way when Israel commit war crimes. Religion is a scam.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by EreluY(f): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2015
IF IGBO OLODUMARE WAS WRITTEN BY THE BRITISH AND HANDED OVER, IN 1842, TO NIGERIANS AS A HOLY BOOK AND A RELIGION BUILT ON IT, NIGERIANS WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED IT HOOK, LINE AND SINKER. NO ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PERSUADE THEM OTHERWISE IN 2015.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by EreluY(f): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2015
cescky:

Why such bittners madam...so he beleieves in God and is happy

And ur an atheist or just a God hater and your bitter why should he be draged into your bitter hole?

IT'S NOT ABOUT BITTERNESS...JUST LETTING HIM KNOW THAT THE WHOLE RELIGION ENTERPRISE IS A FARCE.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
We are saying the same thing bro. I didn't put those Scriptures but the Scriptures were brought up to support what you are reading.

Seeing that those Scriptures will be brought up I thought it unnecessary to include them again.

Do have a bible? Do u read it? Are u a Christian?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by cescky(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2015
oglalasioux:

This is the most infantile statement I've heard from an obviously educated person. You are a black African and nothing can make you a Jew. A bible telling you accepting Jesus makes you a Jew mocks God. If God created everything and saw it as good, I wonder what makes a Jew different from other people. It's ideas like this that has made people look the other way when Israel commit war crimes. Religion is a scam.

Mr man,the bible is a spiritual book and can't be comprehended by the mind...its a coded book which only spiritual people unlock every now and then.

Yes he's a black man physically, but a jew spiritually, God isn't intrested in the physical look of things but the spiritual, hence he seeks those who will worship him in SPIRIT and in truth(character).because he's not a physical being but a spiritual being. And man has a a spirit (which is the true man) and its mans spirit that controls his body,)which is a container for his spirit)

Stop condeming what u understand not
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by EMPERO247(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:
[size=1pt] [/size]
For every 'misconception' you imagine to clear and clarify, you should with scriptures back your correction lest you be adding more error to errors

Thank you Vooks

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by EreluY(f): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

That's alright young woman. At least you took some times to read the bible. There is hope. The irony of it all is that the Murderers, Adulterers, Cheat, Bad King, Treacherous Men etc are ACTUALY those God long to see and save. These bad men are men after God's heart. U don't understand it. You will.

I WAS A CHRISTIAN AND I KNOW THE BIBLE INSIDE OUT. I KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE CHURCH BECAUSE I WAS BORN AND BRED WITHIN IT. BUT SORRY TO SAY, THERE IS NOTHING HOLY ABOUT THE CHURCH. LIKE OTHER RELIGIOUS (JEWISH, ISLAMIC, HINDU, SIKH, BUDDHIST) BODIES, IT IS FULL OF PEOPLE LIKE KING DAVID WITH ALL THEIR APPURTENANCES. RELIGION IS A FRAUD. PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY AFRICANS NEED TO WAKE UP AND REJECT IT. EUROPE DID SO DURING THE ENLIGHTENMENT CULMINATING IN THE VANTAGE POSITION THEY OCCUPY IN THE WORLD TODAY. AFRICA NEED TO IMBIBE REASON AND REJECT BELIEF. OTHERWISE IT WOULD REMAIN BEHIND FOREVER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 29, 2015
bulldoza:

Or else, bull fûcking shît tongue
i will tag his name o, at the mention of his name all nairalanders must stand attention, u no dey fear ban abi?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by EreluY(f): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2015
cescky:

Mr man,the bible is a spiritual book and can't be comprehended by the mind...its a coded book which only spiritual people unlock every now and then.

Yes he's a black man physically, but a jew spiritually, God isn't intrested in the physical look of things but the spiritual, hence he seeks those who will worship him in SPIRIT and in truth(character).because he's not a physical being but a spiritual being. And man has a a spirit (which is the true man) and its mans spirit that controls his body,)which is a container for his spirit)

PILE OF RUBBISH. I BET YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE BIBLE WAS PUT TOGETHER AND HOW BIBLE STORIES WERE ADAPTED FROM ANCIENT FOLKLORE AND MYTHS LIKE THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH, ETC.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 29, 2015
EreluY:
IF IGBO OLODUMARE WAS WRITTEN BY THE BRITISH AND HANDED OVER, IN 1842, TO NIGERIANS AS A HOLY BOOK AND A RELIGION BUILT ON IT, NIGERIANS WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED IT HOOK, LINE AND SINKER. NO ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PERSUADE THEM OTHERWISE IN 2015.
suspecting this female troll to be either olaochi or macof or folykaze and their pagans crew
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 11:44am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
There has been misplaced emphasis after the demise of the Apostles. Instead of resting on the Spirit we are resting on the word like the word give the understanding and power. The Apostle spoke explicitly on various things not written in the OT yet the believers understand what they are saying without a Scripture to justify it from the OT because the Spirit is alive in them and they depend on him. There was no Bible in the early church yet they understand all.

However, the time has come to restore the emphasis on The Spirit rather than the written word. Time to live by the Spirit instead of Living by the written word.

Can you give one thing the apostles taught that was never taught in the OT?

And further, why would you EQUATE yourself with apostles, men who Jesus entrusted with His Word?

And I asked this question. How could you learn of anything outside scriptures?
How do you know those impressions in your mind are of God or Satan? You can only do this by defaulting to scriptures my broda. Islam was started when somebody started catching visions without caring whether they conformed to scriptures. Same case with Mormons. Private and personal revelation can only be tested by scriptures else anything goes.

See this wonderful verse teaching you the benefits of scriptures

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by cescky(m): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2015
EreluY:

IT'S NOT ABOUT BITTERNESS...JUST LETTING HIM KNOW THAT THE WHOLE RELIGION ENTERPRISE IS A FARCE.

That's where you have it wrong..its not, I don't know that guy from adam..but I stand by what he says for so many reasons...eg many of the things I hear preachers about, I've heard similar things in my quite times in the secrecy of my bedroom with God...whose telling me these things? Its God expling the bible to me and what these annointed men preach is the same with the unxderstanding I've received in secret..

See through wisdom,people like you refused to beleiev in God, so God did something foolish, ( to the mind thoug not to the spsirit)and said if they will only BELIEVe the foolish message of the cross, they will be saved...yet people still are rejecting him.

Take a look around where you are, the phone, laptop etc furnisure wre all gotten from the soil..you see that the soil provides humanity with all its needs and never quits...think madam think, who or what do you think is the power behind that soil, yet people don't want to accept or acknowlege Him and even to the regular human mind that's easily being wicked...

Think Just for a second..if what the bible says is actually true and u stand before God on the last day..what next? You'll claim ignorance? Or what really will u say?

Its better to be foolish in this world and gain the one to come, than be wise and loose. Besides the bible is the most inspiritaional book ever written, all books borrwed from the bible and it only teaches higher values to give u a better life.

Do you know the democracy we practice as a concept was borrowed from the bible?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by morsadh(m): 11:49am On Nov 29, 2015
EreluY:

And if he chooses not to agree with you, then what?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by oglalasioux(m): 11:49am On Nov 29, 2015
cescky:

Thanks for the observation. But are you saying God made a mistake of giving us black spirits and wants to change it to Jewish spirit through Jesus? If your answer will be that it is the devil that gave us black spirit I'll ask you; why was the devil allowed such power and why has he has it for millennia and counting? If you ponder these two questions you'll see religions do nothing but mock God. They make Him helpless and gasping. Once you emancipate yourself from the religions, you'll begin to appreciate God and His works.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG / Amazing Fact!!!!! Goliath's Skull Been Exhumed At The Foot Of Mount Elah / The Brooks Church In Calabar Celebrates Good Friday With Free Shopping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.