Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God (22738 Views)

10 Weird Patron Saints Of The Catholic Church / You Are Better Of Not Going To Church-to The Saints Of God. / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by cescky(m): 11:50am On Nov 29, 2015
EreluY:

PILE OF RUBBISH. I BET YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE BIBLE WAS PUT TOGETHER AND HOW BIBLE STORIES WERE ADAPTED FROM ANCIENT FOLKLORE AND MYTHS LIKE THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH, ETC.

I've told you before your bitter and bittners is atoll of the devil to blind people....for you said you wre once a christain....so something painful happened and you felt God abandoned you, hence your bitterness.

What ever the case..if you soo doubt what is being said here as trash, why come into the midst of strash and stain your beutiful cloths?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2015
SaintHephzibah:
i will tag his name o, at the mention of his name all nairalanders must stand attention, u no dey fear ban abi?
Mstcheewu

Na today

Fear kor, favor ni

Inshort, LalasticlaIa come and ban this boy for disturbing me o tongue grin
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by cescky(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2015
oglalasioux:

Thanks for the observation. But are you saying God made a mistake of giving us black spirits and wants to change it to Jewish spirit through Jesus? If your answer will be that it is the devil that gave us black spirit I'll ask you; why was the devil allowed such power and why has he has it for millennia and counting? If you ponder these two questions you'll see religions do nothing but mock God. They make Him helpless and gasping. Once you emancipate yourself from the religions, you'll begin to appreciate God and His works.

Lol @ black and jewish spirits
Thanks for engaging me interllectualy

My answer to your query is this

All spirits is one...even the bible says so.

Ie using coke as an example all cocacola is the same wheather its in london, america, yaba(mans spirit) and all coke bottle is coke bottle irreaspective of where its found, containers may differ, be it can, bottle, plastic (mans body).so man differs in color, race etc but his content is essentially the same

For man is PRIMARILY a SPIRIT and his spirit is contained in a body
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by oglalasioux(m): 11:58am On Nov 29, 2015
cescky:

Lol @ black and jewish spirits
Thanks for engaging me interllectualy

My answer to your query is this

All spirits is one...even the bible says so.

Ie using coke as an example all cocacola is the same wheather its in london, america, yaba(mans spirit) and all coke bottle is coke bottle irreaspective of where its found (mans body).

For man is PRIMARILY a SPIRIT and his spirit is contained in a body
We are saying the same thing now. So if all spirit is one why do I need to be a Jew?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by EreluY(f): 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
cescky:

I've told you before your bitter and bittners is atoll of the devil to blind people....for you said you wre once a christain....so something painful happened and you felt God abandoned you, hence your bitterness.

What ever the case..if you soo doubt what is being said here as trash, why come into the midst of strash and stain your beutiful cloths?

YOU COME ACROSS AS PROBABLY CERTIFICATED BUT CERTAINLY UNEDUCATED BEING WHO LACKS SOPHISTICATED REASONING CAPACITY
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

Do have a bible? Do u read it? Are u a Christian?
I have a Bible and I read. You mean do i believe in Christ?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Efizzi: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:
Even when god isn't real?

My brother, am not the best child of God but I must tell you that God is very real. God is as real as you twitching your fingers, God is as real as the air we breath.God is so real beyond reasonable doubt.
How do you explain the day and night , the oxygen we breath, the perfect human body and the systems. How do you explain the engineering of the central nervous system, the brain, the organs in the body and their functions, how do you explain the reproductive system? How do you explain the male and female reproductive system and how it fits perfectly? How do you explain your reflexes? How do you explain that when people die they cannot move or talk.but they are still present in body pending decay?
My bro, none of these works are by mistake it has to do with proper planning and design. Have u tasted the fruits, the veggies and other food crops can you explain how they have so amazing tastes( I love mangoes)?Please understand that these things do not come by mistake. Everything is created and perfectly designed by a supreme being called God. And I would tell you that he loves you , he loves you more than you ever know. For you to be given the opportunity of Life means he Loves you( pls can you tell me where you were in 1901?)
Bro Am not preaching to you but just sit down and look at the things around you the trees, animals, landscape people, look at the way they work and tell me if this wasn't properly planned.
I know you would have so many questions on why did God let this and this happen or why not did he , your concern shouldn't be discrediting Gods existence, your concern should be being on Gods side because God is always right.
may Almighty God give you the divine wisdom you seek in Jesus name Amen.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 12:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
oglalasioux:

We are saying the same thing now. So if all spirit is one why do I need to be a Jew?
True Jews are those who have a close relationship with YHWH. For a better part of history, these were mostly Hebrews or physical Jews but God's plan was for ALL men to relate to Him. To become a Jew is not to become an Israeli or Hebrew but to relate to God closer through Jesus Christ. This is the blessing God promised to Abraham, 'in you and your seek all nations shall be blessed'. Hope it is clear
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
oglalasioux:

The question is, what is Jew? Jew means a God praiser.

So the question, why should you be a God praiser?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
Efizzi:

My brother, am not the best child of God but I must tell you that God is very real. God is as real as you twitching your fingers, God is as real as the air we breath.God is so real beyond reasonable doubt.
How do you explain the day and night , the oxygen we breath, the perfect human body and the systems. How do you explain the engineering of the central nervous system, the brain, the organs in the body and their functions, how do you explain the reproductive system? How do you explain the male and female reproductive system and how it fits perfectly? How do you explain your reflexes? How do you explain that when people die they cannot move or talk.but they are still present in body pending decay?
My bro, none of these works are by mistake it has to do with proper planning and design. Have u tasted the fruits, the veggies and other food crops can you explain how they have so amazing tastes( I love mangoes)?Please understand that these things do not come by mistake. Everything is created and perfectly designed by a supreme being called God. And I would tell you that he loves you , he loves you more than you ever know. For you to be given the opportunity of Life means he Loves you( pls can you tell me where you were in 1901?)
Bro Am not preaching to you but just sit down and look at the things around you the trees, animals, landscape people, look at the way they work and tell me if this wasn't properly planned.
I know you would have so many questions on why did God let this and this happen or why not did he , your concern shouldn't be discrediting Gods existence, your concern should be being on Gods side because God is always right.
may Almighty God give you the divine wisdom you seek in Jesus name Amen.

Do you have any evidence to prove your god exists?

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
EreluY:

I WAS A CHRISTIAN AND I KNOW THE BIBLE INSIDE OUT. I KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE CHURCH BECAUSE I WAS BORN AND BRED WITHIN IT. BUT SORRY TO SAY, THERE IS NOTHING HOLY ABOUT THE CHURCH. LIKE OTHER RELIGIOUS (JEWISH, ISLAMIC, HINDU, SIKH, BUDDHIST) BODIES, IT IS FULL OF PEOPLE LIKE KING DAVID WITH ALL THEIR APPURTENANCES. RELIGION IS A FRAUD. PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY AFRICANS NEED TO WAKE UP AND REJECT IT. EUROPE DID SO DURING THE ENLIGHTENMENT CULMINATING IN THE VANTAGE POSITION THEY OCCUPY IN THE WORLD TODAY. AFRICA NEED TO IMBIBE REASON AND REJECT BELIEF. OTHERWISE IT WOULD REMAIN BEHIND FOREVER.

And the West is better off today? With all our inventions and technology, is the world safer, saner, than it was 2000years ago? I'm not a fan of religions. Christ didn't bring religion into the world. He brought salvation. He reconciles us back to God. Whatever your experience in places you have been to may be, its so sad that it brought you to a level where you conclude that God doesn't exist. You once believed in God existence. Now that belief is gone and makes you feel like you have been through some mighty deliverance. But Madam, you are so wrong. If you talk about religions, I have my reservations just like you but throwing God into dustbin is a way you don't wanna go.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
I have a Bible and I read. You mean do i believe in Christ?

Yes do u?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

Yes do u?
Yes i do
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by cescky(m): 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
oglalasioux:

Lol bro Ill try to explain as much as I can.

Jew was gotten from the name isreal and isreal means "prince with God" it was the name God gave the child of abraham......later on they became many, thousands and became knnown as "jews" which means people of God, Gods chosen people etc.(All in the old testerment).

In this era and new testament, accepting Jesus as your lord and svaiour, makes you a jew(person of God), but its your spirit that is saved and renewed when you get born again, but you can't see your spsirit, but God can, so your spirit now belongs to God, and when you leave this earth and are buried, your body turns to dust, but your spirirt is very much alive and goes to heaven. But your body decays in the grave yard. And the your spirit is "realler than your body". In other words you don't change anything physical about you...what changes when you get born again si your spirit which gradually begins to tell in the way you physically do things..so if were yoruber before you got born again..God sisnt asking you to start doing igbo things after being born again...

Its all built on faith.that's why Jesus kept on criricisng the religious people of his days because they were very clean on the outside, but animals within...Jesus was after them changing their spirit and character( for character is what u are when people don't see u doing the things u do)
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
goodgate:
So you know the DATE?
Which date, if i may ask?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Yes i do

Fine. The bottom line is provide scriptural references to biblical or spiritual statements. The assumption that certain spirits will do the provisioning in the minds of your readers is baseless
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by freshcvvs: 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
How can you be a Jew (A race just as Yoruba, Igbo, Bini, hausa, fulani e.t.c) just because you believe in the son of God which the Jew don't even believe in?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

Fine. The bottom line is provide scriptural references to biblical or spiritual statements. The assumption that certain spirits will do the provisioning in the minds of your readers is baseless
Am not assuming bro. You understood when you read it still you call it assumption. That's really funny.

Anyway i will attach scriptural references without indicating the Name, Chapter and Verse. Hope that is,okay.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

Nice one bro. Actually, what is the point of the scriptures since the Spirit will teach men?
Anybody who demeans scriptures is open to every wind of doctrine.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2015
freshcvvs:
How can you be a Jew (A race just as Yoruba, Igbo, Bini, hausa, fulani e.t.c) just because you believe in the son of God which the Jew don't even believe in?
Explanations has been provided,read them slowly.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by oglalasioux(m): 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

True Jews are those who have a close relationship with YHWH. For a better part of history, these were mostly Hebrews or physical Jews but God's plan was for ALL men to relate to Him. To become a Jew is not to become an Israeli or Hebrew but to relate to God closer through Jesus Christ. This is the blessing God promised to Abraham, 'in you and your seek all nations shall be blessed'. Hope it is clear
It's not clear. The destiny of the world does not hinge on the Jews, Hebrews or Israelites. The Jews, like other peoples, developed their God. They have a system of worship just like any deity has a system of worship. Nothing makes the Jews or their way of worship special. The Jewish religion was formed by Moses from his knowledge of what the Egyptians know of the cosmos because he schooled there. Moses great knowledge of the existence of electromagnetism and how to harness, control and manipulate it is what you see as the Jewish religion.
Please study the ark of the covenant. If you are a physicist you'll know that it is purely an electrical device. Also study the clothing materials used for the building of the tabernacle. It's purely electricity and nothing else. Electromagnetism is the secret. That's what powers the native doctors and the village deities and every other thing in the cosmos. It's the power of God and it's free for everyone to use both for good and for evil. No matter which way you use it it will still work because it's out there. The white man harnessed it and gave us light, phones, microwave, radio etc. We Africans are still locked in the illusion of using it as religion.
The Jews can enjoy prominence because they are among the first to use this power in a religious way. That's why we are still in awe of them.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

Nice one bro. Actually, what is the point of the scriptures since the Spirit will teach men?
Anybody who demeans scriptures is open to every wind of doctrine.

The Young man obviously don't know something.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by femi4: 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2015
faustinalove:

u r very right brother..we should stop deceiving ourselves by waiting for everything to be backed up with scriptural verses..what then do u hav d holy spirit for?
If you really have holy spirit, you will back your word with scriptures.

Why do we pray using scriptures?
Even Jesus uses scriptures to teach
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

The Young man obviously don't know something.
I don't mind ignorance but stubbornness and shallowness.
He wishes to go 'back' to the days Spirit spoke to men directly without books. This is how cults are brewed. I would not be surprised he was regurgitating what his MoG told him. With such mindsets are you still startled by all the Pentecostal bunk in Nigeria and Africa in general?

WHY does he read the Bible? Are scriptures one of the many ways God communicates to him? If so, how outside scriptures does he know God is speaking to him and not lucifer?

Scriptures are the ONLY objective standard of knowing God, because they came from God. I'd rather err attempting to understand the Word of God than when listening to my own fantasies
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by oglalasioux(m): 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
cescky:

Lol bro Ill try to explain as much as I can.

Jew was gotten from the name isreal and isreal means "prince with God" it was the name God gave the child of abraham......later on they became many, thousands and became knnown as "jews" which means people of God, Gods chosen people etc.(All in the old testerment).

In this era and new testament, accepting Jesus as your lord and svaiour, makes you a jew(person of God), but its your spirit that is saved and renewed when you get born again, but you can't see your spsirit, but God can, so your spirit now belongs to God, and when you leave this earth and are buried, your body turns to dust, but your spirirt is very much alive and goes to heaven. But your body decays in the grave yard. And the your spirit is "realler than your body". In other words you don't change anything physical about you...what changes when you get born again si your spirit which gradually begins to tell in the way you physically do things..so if were yoruber before you got born again..God sisnt asking you to start doing igbo things after being born again...

Its all built on faith.that's why Jesus kept on criricisng the religious people of his days because they were very clean on the outside, but animals within...Jesus was after them changing their spirit and character( for character is what u are when people don't see u doing the things u do)
There's nothing wrong in building faith and constructing life out of morality. Belonging to a church is therefore important because it's the medium of exchange between man and rules of living right. But when it subscribes to an idea that will take me back to the dark ages, I beg to be excused. It's my opinion and I don't expect everyone to subscribe to it. I'll rather do what is right than be blackmailed into blindly believing I must accept a certain person as lord and saviour. That notion has caused the world more deaths and destruction than development over the course history.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by femi4: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
freshcvvs:
OP, can you see the reason why you need to back your word with scriptures. Question like this could have been well explained
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

I don't mind ignorance but stubbornness and shallowness.
He wishes to go 'back' to the days Spirit spoke to men directly without books. This is how cults are brewed. I would not be surprised he was regurgitating what his MoG told him. With such mindsets are you still startled by all the Pentecostal bunk in Nigeria and Africa in general?

WHY does he read the Bible? Are scriptures one of the many ways God communicates to him? If so, how outside scriptures does he know God is speaking to him and not lucifer?

Scriptures are the ONLY objective standard of knowing God, because they came from God. I'd rather err attempting to understand the Word of God than when listening to my own fantasies

Absolutely!! No other standard. None. That reminds me of Nicolaitan deeds in Rev 2. The genesis of Roman Catholic Church
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
femi4:
If you really have holy spirit, you will back your word with scriptures.

Why do we pray using scriptures?
Even Jesus uses scriptures to teach

u r funny bro....i still repeat this, not 'everything' can be backed with d scriptures..

i hav prayed countles times without d scriptures and God has been answering my prayers...there r a lot of people too who pray without using d scripture, dont their prayers get answered? when praying, a pure and sincere heart matters most and not ur ability to quote d scriptures....
I know many people who can quote virtually every verse in d bible while praying but are very wicked and unloving towards other people they come in contact with.
There are really some things beyond our human understanding.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by freshcvvs: 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Explanations has been provided,read them slowly.

Still doesn't make sense.

Or do you mean Christianity is for the jew?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by freshcvvs: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
femi4:
OP, can you see the reason why you need to back your word with scriptures. Question like this could have been well explained

And the scriptures is supposed to turn me to a jew?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by femi4: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
faustinalove:

u r funny bro....i still repeat this, not 'everything' can be backed with d scriptures..

i hav prayed countles times without d scriptures and God has been answering my prayers...there r a lot of people too who pray without using d scripture, dont their prayers get answered? when praying, a pure and sincere heart matters most and not ur ability to quote d scriptures....
I know many people who can quote virtually every verse in d bible while praying but are very wicked and unloving towards other people they come in contact with.
There are really some things beyond our human understanding.
You are talking about another thing generally. I m not talking about having all the scripture in your head. Its about applying the ones you know.

The scripture is "All encompass". My point is that you can't talk about holy spirit without falling in love with the word of God. Its like saying you love to swim yet you don't like going near swimming pool.

What is the definition of prayer?
Nobody can pray through without using God's word. Not until you quote chapter and verses.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
femi4:
The scriptures will not make him understand any better. Trust me he had read every verses of the scripture you could imagine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How MFM Was Born, By Dr. D.K Olukoya / Pastor Enenche Donates Borehole, Distributes Items In Abuja To Mark Birthday / Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.