Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God (22541 Views)

10 Weird Patron Saints Of The Catholic Church / You Are Better Of Not Going To Church-to The Saints Of God. / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
mollie12:

Your last sentence - is the recipe for disaster. It is the reason for the madness we see in the world that masquerades as religion and brings reproach to the name of God. No, we very much need the scriptures, just as we need the Holy Spirit. This statement of yours has made me highly suspicious of you.

You can now understand why I am particularly hard on this young man. He is courting disaster. Whenever men elevate subjective experiences above the written word, cults are born.

Am highly interested in knowing the role and place for scriptures in his life
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by tpraiz(m): 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
My writings don't need scriptural insertion bro. Anyone that read will have the appropriate Scriptures imprinted on their mind.

My brother Go and sleep
You are not serious::::::::::!
What are you saying ??

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
bulldoza:
Mstcheewu

Na today

Fear kor, favor ni

Inshort, LalasticlaIa come and ban this boy for disturbing me o tongue grin
why u no spell am well? It's lalasticlala and not LalasticlaIa, its L and not capital I.

Fear fear.
Sainthephzibah is here, Fucck 1stola
i wan beef u for here as 2pac been beef Notorious B.I.G
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by dbanjboy(m): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:
Even when god isn't real?
god might nt be real but God is real
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by iskay1971: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
Is it simply because you share different thoughts on some issues that made u feel others misunderstood them? Though I didn't reply to challenge, rebuke or condemn. Paul an apostle of unusual revelation says in 1Cor.13:12 "....now I know in part...." Therefore, no matter what anybody knew in the bible it is in part and not in full. another scripture says "And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know" 1Cor.8:2
Pls, post articles that will edify. Let's stop criticism.
Thank u.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
SaintHephzibah:
why u no spell am well? It's lalasticlala and not LalasticlaIa, its L and not capital I.

Fear fear.
Sainthephzibah is here, Fucck 1stola
i wan beef u for here as 2pac been beef Notorious B.I.G
What is this one saying

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by amparas(m): 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
Listening to 2face 'you no holy pass' cheesy
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by alixa2190(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

I don't mind ignorance but stubbornness and shallowness.
He wishes to go 'back' to the days Spirit spoke to men directly without books. This is how cults are brewed. I would not be surprised he was regurgitating what his MoG told him. With such mindsets are you still startled by all the Pentecostal bunk in Nigeria and Africa in general?

WHY does he read the Bible? Are scriptures one of the many ways God communicates to him? If so, how outside scriptures does he know God is speaking to him and not lucifer?

Scriptures are the ONLY objective standard of knowing God, because they came from God. I'd rather err attempting to understand the Word of God than when listening to my own fantasies
His message is clear,I don't fink u read his post,u are just trying to raise argument.saying lucifer spoke to him tells it all.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Vikky014(f): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
My writings don't need scriptural insertion bro. Anyone that read will have the appropriate Scriptures imprinted on their mind.
i jst read the topic and i saw saints of God. i concluded dt u r a member of Deeper life.a church filled with hypocrites calling themslfs saints. pls u r nt a saint
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 6:37pm On Nov 29, 2015
alixa2190:
His message is clear,I don't fink u read his post,u are just trying to raise argument.saying lucifer spoke to him tells it all.
Your opinion is noted and ignored with the utter contempt it deserves grin
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by alixa2190(m): 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

Your opinion is noted and ignored with the utter contempt it deserves grin
funny man!I know ur kind.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by piagetskinner(m): 12:22am On Nov 30, 2015
I agree with some of your points... It would have been more revealing tho if u had backed up ur points with scriptural texts
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Themandator: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:
[size=1pt] [/size]
For every 'misconception' you imagine to clear and clarify, you should with scriptures back your correction lest you be adding more error to errors

Thank you, jare.... People promoting their limited knowledge as scholarly finds
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Themandator: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2015
faustinalove:

ur last line is very wrong...i said it in my previous post, u can pray without quoting d scriptures. its gud if u can quote d scriptures while praying but bro, not everyone quotes d scriptures while praying and their prayers hav always been answered! i have said it b4, a pure and sincere heart is far better than quoting d whole scriptures...happy sunday to u

God says to put him remembrance... You cite the scripture where the promise is laid down.

God is kind and love and can still answer your prayer however it is presented
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2015
Themandator:

Thank you, jare.... People promoting their limited knowledge as scholarly finds

And being obstinate when called out

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by SWG1: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Inserting Scriptures right?

See brother, I do my job the Spirit does his. I write the Spirit make people understand.

How will repleting my writing with Scriptures make people understand?

The Scripture don't make people understand things of the Spirit, the Spirit does.

I understand where u are coming from, but ur doggedness and unteachablity might cost u in this Race. Don't u think a little pride is creeping in, the way ur trying to assert ur point against the advice on scriptural backing.

Not everyone knows how to quote, likewise not everyone has the word imprinted in their heart cos some ppl have a seared (suya d) conscience. There is a reason why Jesus wrote a msg to the 7seven churches in Revelations 2. No church is perfect, and those 7 churches are still represented in our Nigerian setting today in their unique way. Bottom line is fear God and keep his commandment irrespective of which way u think best to exercise ur faith or praise him. As we walk with God in truth and in spirit, He reveals to us how
best we should dress, exercise faith and worship Him.

#I don't want to quote passages since the word is imprinted in ur heart, but for the sake of others I will put some references

Ecclesiastics 12:13
Romans 8:14
James 1:25
Hebrew 11:1, Romans 10:14 (faith)
1 timothy 4:12-16, 2 Timothy 2:15
2 Samuel 6:14 & 23 (on dance)

Remain blessed
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by SWG1: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:

Nice one bro. Actually, what is the point of the scriptures since the Spirit will teach men?
Anybody who demeans scriptures is open to every wind of doctrine.

Exactly Bro.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart...

Its not by how beautiful the sermon is or how talented in speech the preacher is. Always good to engage the word in write-ups,
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
Vikky014:
i jst read the topic and i saw saints of God. i concluded dt u r a member of Deeper life.a church filled with hypocrites calling themslfs saints. pls u r nt a saint
Aren't you a saint? And BTW i don't do religion.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
Vikky014:
Aren't you a saint?

If you are not, i am. And every believer is.

And BTW i don't do religion.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
SWG1:

Exactly Bro.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart...

Its not by how beautiful the sermon is or how talented in speech the preacher is. Always good to engage the word in write-ups,

Actually I'd say it is not GOOD but MANDATORY
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:

Actually I'd say it is not GOOD but MANDATORY
lol.....at the bolded. I will do that though
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
Highcuerayte:
lol.....at the bolded. I will do that though
You have been promising to sanitize your wild rant with scriptures for over 24 hours now. Give up
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
vooks:

You have been promising to sanitize your wild rant with scriptures for over 24 hours now. Give up
lol.......

Original Post on FP cannot be modified again
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
Highcuerayte:
lol.......

Original Post on FP cannot be modified again
When you have a pressing urge to correct 'misconnections', soak yourself in the Word of God and not just wild ideas off your head. Aight?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Vikky014(f): 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Aren't you a saint?

If you are not, i am. And every believer is.

And BTW i don't do religion.
dnt tell me u dnt know the meaning of a Saint undecided. am not surprise u dnt know our Lords prayer if u do am nt sure u do say this line #forgive us our trespasses evn as we forgive those who trespassed against us and lead us nt into temptation. my last question does a saint commit SIN
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 13, 2015
bulldoza:

What is this one saying
are you the same person bearing the user FuckTheMod ?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by FuckTheMod: 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
SaintHephzibah:
are you the same person bearing the user FuckTheMod ?
Why are you asking?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2015
FuckTheMod:
Why are you asking?
saw 1stola on both of ya profiles
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
Barywhyte:

Its pretty simple bro. The Spirit of God and the Scripture are the same: Inseparable. And the only way to confirm the identity of the Spirit is to look at it in the light of the scripture. While I subscribed to some of the things you put up, I condemn your statement that you don't need to back them up with scriptures. That's not the Spirit speaking. Its you.

well done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amazing Fact!!!!! Goliath's Skull Been Exhumed At The Foot Of Mount Elah / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG / The Brooks Church In Calabar Celebrates Good Friday With Free Shopping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.