Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God (22546 Views)

10 Weird Patron Saints Of The Catholic Church / You Are Better Of Not Going To Church-to The Saints Of God. / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by femi4: 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
freshcvvs:

And the scriptures is supposed to turn me to a jew?
lolz, it will give you better understanding. E.g ROM 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
femi4:
You are talking about another thing generally. I m not talking about having all the scripture in your head. Its about applying the ones you know.

The scripture is "All encompass". My point is that you can't talk about holy spirit without falling in love with the word of God. Its like saying you love to swim yet you don't like going near swimming pool.

What is the definition of prayer?
Nobody can pray through without using God's word. Not until you quote chapter and verses.
By your idea of using scripture i think the very first sentence of my post is a scripture. Don't you agree
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
femi4:
You are talking about another thing generally. I m not talking about having all the scripture in your head. Its about applying the ones you know.

The scripture is "All encompass". My point is that you can't talk about holy spirit without falling in love with the word of God. Its like saying you love to swim yet you don't like going near swimming pool.

What is the definition of prayer?
Nobody can pray through without using God's word. Not until you quote chapter and verses.

ur last line is very wrong...i said it in my previous post, u can pray without quoting d scriptures. its gud if u can quote d scriptures while praying but bro, not everyone quotes d scriptures while praying and their prayers hav always been answered! i have said it b4, a pure and sincere heart is far better than quoting d whole scriptures...happy sunday to u
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by femi4: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
faustinalove:

ur last line is very wrong...i said it in my previous post, u can pray without quoting d scriptures. its gud if u can quote d scriptures while praying but bro, not everyone quotes d scriptures while praying and their prayers hav always been answered! i have said it b4, a pure and sincere heart is far better than quoting d whole scriptures...happy sunday to u
I said not until you quote scripture
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by femi4: 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
By your idea of using scripture i think the very first sentence of my post is a scripture. Don't you agree
yes I agree, but you know when teaching, you all be dealing with different kind of people. That is why its good to use every method possible: parables, scriptures etc
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

Absolutely!! No other standard. None. That reminds me of Nicolaitan deeds in Rev 2. The genesis of Roman Catholic Church
I can tell you why some despise the Word of God; LAZINESS

Contrast reading a 600 page novel with watching a 90min screen adaptation. Negroes don't want to study scriptures nor theology, they just want to sleep and catch revelations. There are good reasons why very few Negroes have contributed to theology. I know study for the sake of it is vain but you get my point.

Once again, I'd rather fall at scriptures than at catching revelations in my fantasies
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
I don't think there should be argument about using Scriptures in my post. If you find anything contradicting the Scriptures in it you talk.

And one thing i will like to clear is, I do not say you don't need the Bible i only said "There is no need inserting scriptures to my writings"

There are levels of Faith. There are believers who don't pray in the morning afternoon or evening but with their Faith they believe God hears their spirits before they think about their needs even when Jesus command them to ask. And they are blessed more than those that follows the letters to the core. Should we say these people are wrong?

So if i write without inserting Scriptures i do that with Faith.

If you want a writing repleted with scriptures you draft one yourself.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by freshcvvs: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
femi4:
lolz, it will give you better understanding. E.g ROM 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

And who are the jews? The israelites of then
The gentiles? Their neighbors surrounding Israel then.

I repeat, why do i have to become a jew to be a christian when the jews are even into judaism and not Christianity?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
EreluY:
[b]THE FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT MISCONCEPTION WHICH ALL READERS OF THIS THREAD NEED TO BEAR IN MIND IS THAT THE IDEA OF GOD IS FABRICATED. THERE IS NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE FOR GOD'S EXISTENCE. FREE YOURSELVES FROM THIS AGE LONG COLONIAL MENTALITY. THE EUROPEANS WHO BROUGHT CHRISTIANITY TO AFRICA NO LONGER BELIEVE IN THIS TRASH. MOST CHURCHES IN EUROPE HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO PUBS AND CLUBS. OTHERS HAVE BECOME HINDU TEMPLES. EVEN TWO WEEKS AGO, JUSTIN WELBY, THE ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY (THE NO.1 CLERIC IN THE WORLDWIDE ANGLICAN CHURCH) CLAIMS, IN A PRESS INTERVIEW, THAT HE DOUBTS IF GOD EXISTS. OTHERWISE, WHY DOES THIS IMAGINARY GOD ALLOW EVIL IN THE WORLD (AN ISSUE FREQUENTLY DISCUSSED WITHIN THEOLOGICAL DISCOURSE OF THEODICY OR "THE PROBLEM OF EVIL"wink. NIGERIA WOULD NEVER MOVE FORWARD UNTIL NIGERIANS JOIN THE ENLIGHTENMENT BAND WAGON. IT IS SCIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE THAT ACCOUNT FOR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA AND NOT RELIGION. UNTIL WE ABANDON RELIGION FOR THE ENLIGHTENMENT, NIGERIA AND THE REST OF AFRICA WOULD REMAIN UNDERDEVELOPED.[/b]
Brother if only u knw how wrong u are! Don't be deceived there is God. And believing in God is not wht is keeping Africans behind, but hypocrisy and gross wickedness. Even though the western world may not regard going to church, but their system is open and fair. Plus, they don't joke with justice.
I don't knw wht informed u to think there is no God. So the number of times I hv prayed and asked God for a specific thing, and it happened the way I hv prayed it, who answered tht prayers? Or whr they coincidence?
One thing is tht u won't knw or feel d existence of God unless u humble urself, lead a pure life(this one is especially important, blessed are the pure in heart for they shall God) and ask God to reveal himself to u. It's not just by reading the bible bt leading a pure life. I'm sure we hv born again professors of physics and engineering, who hv encountered God n are convinced. I don't knw if u r a professor, even if u r wht hv u bn able to invent to help humanity, ur country?

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
I don't think there should be argument about using Scriptures in my post. If you find anything contradicting the Scriptures in it you talk.

And one thing i will like to clear is, I do not say you don't need the Bible i only said "There is no need inserting scriptures to my writings"

There are levels of Faith. There are believers who don't pray in the morning afternoon or evening but with their Faith they believe God hears their spirits before they think about their needs even when Jesus command them to ask. And they are blessed more than those that follows the letters to the core. Should we say these people are wrong?

So if i write without inserting Scriptures i do that with Faith.

If you want a writing repleted with scriptures you draft one yourself.

He is getting agitated. cheesy

If you feel the urge and need to correct believers, do so using scripture not meaningless diatribe. And be wise enough to be focused on one thing at a time. For now, this rant is no different from an atheists.

And stop taking adults for a ride with fairy tales of Spirit impressing on you. Keep your imaginations and opinions to yourself or at the very least call them opinions
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by olu4life(m): 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
Vook and the other guy has said it all.

By the way, Mr op, where did u get the perception that praise and worship is same? All u wrote under worship, stating dancing and all is Praise and not WORSHIP.

I also notice u not open to correction. Recheck yourself pls, don't let pride get the better part of u. God bless

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2015
femi4:
yes I agree, but you know when teaching, you all be dealing with different kind of people. That is why its good to use every method possible: parables, scriptures etc
For example, i said Faith is simply trusting God. This you will agree with me is a clause from a hundred verses from the Bible. I can't be quoting them one after the other. The closeness is Heb 11, Matthew 7, the Psalms and all.

Look at my explanation on worship, in a part i said "To worship is to serve God, serving God you do so with your spirit." You will agree with me this agree with the words of Christ that says "Worship in Spirit and Truth." Again i wrote, "Living sacrifice" and this agrees with Paul where he said "Present your body as a living sacrifice for this is the true worship" again i wrote of "Law of the Spirit" You can see romans 8 imprinting on your mind.

I can go on and on to point out all the hidden scriptures in my post. I just felt like as believers we ought to have had our train to recognize Truth.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
femi4:
I said not until you quote scripture

good..now u r talking
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
END TIME ENLIGHTENMENT
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
olu4life:
Vook and the other guy has said it all.

By the way, Mr op, where did u get the perception that praise and worship is same? All u wrote under worship, stating dancing and all is Praise and not WORSHIP.

I also notice u not open to correction. Recheck yourself pls, don't let pride get the better part of u. God bless

Thank you
Corrections you say? They are not bro.

You said Praise is not worship, didn't you? Ask yourself why is mr vooks not asking you for Scriptures to back it up why he asked me for it. Could it mean Mr Vooks believes you without the Scriptures?

Think about it bro, i believe you are a wise person. I won't say more than that.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by jigabanty(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Inserting Scriptures right?

See brother, I do my job the Spirit does his. I write the Spirit make people understand.

How will repleting my writing with Scriptures make people understand?

The Scripture don't make people understand things of the Spirit, the Spirit does.
If u can't back up ur speech with the WORD OF GOD(bible reference), then ur speech is not from GOD

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by chinae(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
This is enough sermon for the week and ones' lifetime. Take this very seriously.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by menxer: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
kay29000:
Why is everything about END TIMES these days? Could we really be in the end times? Hmm!

We are still about 1585 years away, it's only doomsday sayers that think it's tomorrow. grin

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Corrections you say? They are not bro.

You said Praise is not worship, didn't you? Ask yourself why is mr vooks not asking you for Scriptures to back it up why he asked me for it. Could it mean Mr Vooks believes you without the Scriptures?

Think about it bro, i believe you are a wise person. I won't say more than that.

I went for the source. This is your baseless rant and you can't support any of what you said with scriptures even if your life depended on it. That's why I came to you. I expect the same of everyone but I don't have to demand the same from everyone at the same time
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
jigabanty:

If u can't back up ur speech with the WORD OF GOD(bible reference), then ur speech is not from GOD
Very true, especially when the speech is directed at Christians and aimed at CORRECTING them

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
jigabanty:

Even when it doesn't contradict the Scriptures?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

I went for the source. This is your baseless rant and you can't support any of what you said with scriptures even if your life depended on it. That's why I came to you. I expect the same of everyone but I don't have to demand the same from everyone at the same time
Read yourself again Mr Vooks.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Even when it doesn't contradict the Scriptures?
Nonsense. Show us first what scriptures support you and we will go back to the scriptures and confirm for ourselves if indeed it does not contradict them.

For instance, enabling location services drains my phone's battery faster. This is not in the scriptures and it does not contradict any scriptures. BUT it is totally devoid of any spiritual implications.

Next time you purport to be spiritual and speaking from Spirit of God, make sure you have scriptures on your side.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Read yourself again Mr Vooks.
A word is enough for the wise. Trashing scriptures in favor of your fantasies is cultic and foolish.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Anas09: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
Lol @OPs.

Vooks just took this out of my mouth.

"He wishes to go 'back' to the days Spirit spoke to men directly without books. This is how cults are brewed. I would not be surprised he was regurgitating what his MoG told him"

I asked myself that question, does he want to start his own religion? because if you religate the scriptures, you can as well come up with anything and put it on the spirit. Afterall, its not only the Holy Spirit that's a spirit.

See? Stuff like this has given us two different Angel Gabriels. One Announced the birth of the Son of God, the other one denys that that son is of God.

What will be the yardstick to measure ur claims? What premise are you now standing on to correct this contradictions?

A man in South Africa is listening to a spirit, thereby feeding his congregants with grass as communion, life snakess as chokolates and sperms as holy water. If the scriptures were the yardstick there, all that won't happen.
When I read ur post, the first thing that came to me was, "then what is the right thing to do, and since there R no scriptures to back up, how do we know its the right thing?"
@Vooks and the other friend has said it all.
I have a feeling ur Priest (because am not sure u r a pentecostal) most have said the exact thing in Mass and u feel its ok to down here. You shd ve paid more attention to get the scriptures he used, or didn't he use any?

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Jetjacky(m): 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Brethren and family of God, i greet you all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, who loves us and gave himself for us,an everlasting redemption. As we all understand and see before us today, the glaring evidence of the times of the end out of which is the readiness to believe lies and the tendency to tell these lies,a grotesque distortion of truth, by our so called men of God. Perhaps, God of men.

I find it then a neccessity and as well,a great importance to open our eyes to these lies being told to rob us of the Truth. These lies, in various degrees, on the surface might seem "contemporary" harmless but nevertheless its end result,collectively, are objectively destructive.

Here are few, I have noticed in Nigeria as a Nigerian.

3. Faith: Sparkled many confusion. Alterations has been made several times. Each to suit his purpose.End result, collectively are similar. No word I surnized as suffered abused than the word Faith. Pastor prayed for you and the prayer is not answered pastor will shift the blame on you saying you don't have faith. Whereas Faith is simply Trusting God.

Cc: Lalasticlala OAMJ4
faith has to so with more than trusting in God. You said trusting in God, trusting in him for what purpose?

Faith: this is believing that something is when it yet isn't, it is the evidence of things hoped for.

And yes the pastor could be right. If the person does not belied that Jesus can do it, he won't. René.Ber the man who had a son who was infested with a spirit that made him look epileptic, but was worse. He told him to Believe first. The answers of your prayer comes first from believing, humility, and absence of sin. Plus the aproprate time.

All the aforementioned could be the reason someone's prayer us not answered.

This means you must first belief, then in humility ask, first for the forgiveness of your sin to avoid the evil being a hidge to your answer, then you ask. If what you ask is right for you and is in its appropriate time, you would receive.

Check out this admonition on how to grow as a child of God and also how to be a good person in your society...

https://www.nairaland.com/2769955/how-grow-child-god#40517243
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Princewell2012(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
what a good thread, but you have spoiled it with unnecesary arguement. You should have admited, and promise to correct it, end of story.

lnsisting on your point that u can talk about God without scriptures is like saying it is posible to live without water.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by shaqhead: 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
@highcuerayte
Can u expound on this? "We need to start clearing these lies,the reason for this will explain itself fully in the next SIX years."

"NOTE: If you believe in the Son of God,you are by definition a Jew" Jew? Rily? Explain pls?

Do well to give scriptural backing!

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by peedeeasobie(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
Is this a philosophical write up or christian write up?

You didn't quote a single scripture and you want us to accept what you wrote based on what?

smh!

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by mollie12: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
My writings don't need scriptural insertion bro. Anyone that read will have the appropriate Scriptures imprinted on their mind.

No, that doesn't follow. In fact you are now falling into the same error of overt spirituality that you just highlighted when you say such. This is to be an exhortation /teaching of brethren, then the proper backing must be in place.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by mollie12: 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
For example, i said Faith is simply trusting God. This you will agree with me is a clause from a hundred verses from the Bible. I can't be quoting them one after the other. The closeness is Heb 11, Matthew 7, the Psalms and all.

Look at my explanation on worship, in a part i said "To worship is to serve God, serving God you do so with your spirit." You will agree with me this agree with the words of Christ that says "Worship in Spirit and Truth." Again i wrote, "Living sacrifice" and this agrees with Paul where he said "Present your body as a living sacrifice for this is the true worship" again i wrote of "Law of the Spirit" You can see romans 8 imprinting on your mind.

I can go on and on to point out all the hidden scriptures in my post. I just felt like as believers we ought to have had our train to recognize Truth.

Guy, it smacks of arrogance to say you cannot be bothered to put scriptural backing to the points you've made. This is God's words you are playing around with for crying out loud. At least show that you have respect for Him and for His people (which is the commandment Jesus Christ gave us) by doing the proper thing next time. For now, click the 'edit' button on your original post and complete your write up by adding the bible passage sources where appropriate, so that your message can impart the full blessing and value intended for its readers.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by mollie12: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
There has been misplaced emphasis after the demise of the Apostles. Instead of resting on the Spirit we are resting on the word like the word give the understanding and power. The Apostle spoke explicitly on various things not written in the OT yet the believers understand what they are saying without a Scripture to justify it from the OT because the Spirit is alive in them and they depend on him. There was no Bible in the early church yet they understand all.

However, the time has come to restore the emphasis on The Spirit rather than the written word. Time to live by the Spirit instead of Living by the written word.

Your last sentence - is the recipe for disaster. It is the reason for the madness we see in the world that masquerades as religion and brings reproach to the name of God. No, we very much need the scriptures, just as we need the Holy Spirit. This statement of yours has made me highly suspicious of you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG / Amazing Fact!!!!! Goliath's Skull Been Exhumed At The Foot Of Mount Elah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.