Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God (22728 Views)

10 Weird Patron Saints Of The Catholic Church / You Are Better Of Not Going To Church-to The Saints Of God. / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Ur not a Jew grin
Really?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by samx4real(m): 10:02am On Nov 29, 2015
End Time Things!!!
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
sorry about your opinion but you are entitle to it
Just as you are entitled to yours about 'misperceptions' cool
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by goodgate: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
sorry about your opinion but you are entitle to it
Please explain what you said will be fully understood in the next six years.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by sirTesco(m): 10:05am On Nov 29, 2015
Titto93:
BREAKING NEWS!
Dear Nigerians, a presidential source just informed www.naijaport.com that Nigerian President/Minister of Petroleum/ Minister of Tourism/ Minister in charge of recovering stollen funds - Mr Muhammadu Buhari will be visiting Nigeria on Wednesday the 2nd of December 2015.
Please inform all patriotic citizens. Thanks and have a great weekend.
Lol. Will be visiting Nigeria
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2015
bulldoza:

Must you quote the whole post?
No
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Gelengelen: 10:06am On Nov 29, 2015
TruthHurts1:
Nice and well reasoned advice. Could you share your thoughts on other aspects of our faith which have been misunderstood, like the gift of tongues? You could do that next Sunday.
I like that tongue message

I wish he could talk about the use of water, honey, handkerchief, palm oil to pray.

having issues with my girlfriend about this trend.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2015
SaintHephzibah:
change your signature or else
Or else, bull fûcking shît tongue
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Realrex(m): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2015
endtime post
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by cescky(m): 10:12am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Brethren and family of God, i greet you all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, who loves us and gave himself for us,an everlasting redemption. As we all understand and see before us today, the glaring evidence of the times of the end out of which is the readiness to believe lies and the tendency to tell these lies,a grotesque distortion of truth, by our so called men of God. Perhaps, God of men.

I find it then a neccessity and as well,a great importance to open our eyes to these lies being told to rob us of the Truth. These lies, in various degrees, on the surface might seem "contemporary" harmless but nevertheless its end result,collectively, are objectively destructive.

Here are few, I have noticed in Nigeria as a Nigerian.

1. Prophecy: Over time and time again have heard and read people misinterpreting the word "Prophecy." In fact,the only thing that propelled me to create this thread is the news about a Nigerian pastor,whose name I have no time to memorize, claiming to prophesy the possibility of Nigerians stoning her president anytime soon. This I laugh at. Prophecy defined is God's message to his people (The Jews) wether of endurance,hope or repentance, a message that brings them near to him and help them trust in himvand not a prediction from evaluated analysis of available facts.

Another form of distorting the meaning of prophecy is one our Pentecostals brother say, "I prophesy into someone life here tonight." Well, this is not prophecy but prayer. You are praying not prophesying. Just praying.

We need to start clearing these lies,the reason for this will explain itself fully in the next six years.

NOTE: If you believe in the Son of God,you are by definition a Jew.

2. Worship: Conceptually, the precedent has been, going to church, jumping up, clapping your hands and dancing your life out. While this may sounds like it, it's totally different from it. The former abasing, the latter fulfilling.Worship is a lifestyle of sacrificing your body, a living sacrifice. To worship is to serve, serving God you do so with your spirit. In saying spirit, i mean living by the law of the Spirit. Discussing with a woman,she said "I can't go to a church where one don't dance and shake her body till she get exhausted " Such has been the effect of misunderstanding.

3. Faith: Sparkled many confusion. Alterations has been made several times. Each to suit his purpose.End result, collectively are similar. No word I surnized as suffered abused than the word Faith. Pastor prayed for you and the prayer is not answered pastor will shift the blame on you saying you don't have faith. Whereas Faith is simply Trusting God.

Of course there are many more like Salvation, Love and Grace. But time won't allow me to write on those. So if you have something to say on them kindly do.

Cc: Lalasticlala OAMJ4

Your right up is perfect!!
How ever I slightly disagree with your views on faith...though faith is trusting God, yes if an annointed man of God prays for you and results aint coming u lack faith!
For the bible says..its on to you according tou YOUR faith...jesus told the woman with the issue of blood YOUR faith has healed thee!

The blind beggars jesus asked them BELIEVE ye that I can do this?...I can go on and on

Remeber how Jesus couldn't do mighty works in his village due to their UNBELIEF.

My friends God CAN'T help you if u don't Believe, even when he wants to, talkless of a pastor
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by nigeriancuban: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2015
okay..here is my blessing for everyone today..

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2015
goodgate:
Please explain what you said will be fully understood in the next six years.
The Tribulation time.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

Not clever? You pick imagined misconceptions and you expect others to believe yours without scriptures? You have a sense of humor. The reason you can't support yours is because you are scared of being corrected.

Before talking down on other believers, remember Pride comes before fall

Thank you my brother.

He's dictating. How others shd be without looking at his own nose.

My concern now is. Those who will waver at his well-written misconceptions.

The reason why I avoid NL religion section like a plague.

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 10:15am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
My writings don't need scriptural insertion bro. Anyone that read will have the appropriate Scriptures imprinted on their mind.

Bro take to the advice of @vooks. You need it.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2015
cescky:

Your right up is perfect!!
How ever I slightly disagree with your views on faith...though faith is trusting God, yes if an annointed man of God prays for you and results aint coming u lack faith!
For the bible says..its on to you according tou YOUR faith...jesus told the woman with the issue of blood YOUR faith has healed thee!

The blind beggars jesus asked them BELIEVE ye that I can do this?...I can go on and on

Remeber how Jesus couldn't do mighty works in his village due to their UNBELIEF.

My friends God CAN'T help you if u don't Believe, even when he wants to, talkless of a pastor
Kneeling to be prayed for means you believe in prayer,didn't you?

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by keko14: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2015
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2015
Barywhyte:

Bro take to the advice of @vooks. You need it.
Inserting Scriptures right?

See brother, I do my job the Spirit does his. I write the Spirit make people understand.

How will repleting my writing with Scriptures make people understand?

The Scripture don't make people understand things of the Spirit, the Spirit does.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by olami100(m): 10:19am On Nov 29, 2015
1. Prophecy: Over time and time again have heard and read people misinterpreting the word "Prophecy." In fact,the only thing that propelled me to create this thread is the news about a Nigerian pastor,whose name I have no time to memorize, claiming to prophesy the possibility of Nigerians stoning her president anytime soon. This I laugh at. Prophecy defined is God's message to his people (The Jews) wether of endurance,hope or repentance, a message that brings them near to him and help them trust in himvand not a prediction from evaluated analysis of available facts.

Another form of distorting the meaning of prophecy is one our Pentecostals brother say, "I prophesy into someone life here tonight." Well, this is not prophecy but prayer. You are praying not prophesying. Just praying.

nigerians love prophecy. That is why pastors keep using it as a tool to decieve the gullible ones.. We have had series of prophecy concerning nigeria as a country. Yet to no avail. People don't like hearing the truth and face reality of life instead they prefer going to pastors to see fake visions concerning their life and funnily enough this prophecy create confusion chaos in their life.
As for me If u tell me prophecy as a pastor. Just know that you will tell me what I need to do to make it come to pass!!! High time some christains start erasing the word prophecy from their memory...

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 10:22am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:

See brother, I do my job the Spirit does his. I write the Spirit make people understand.

The Scripture don't make people understand things of the Spirit, the Spirit does.

See how silly and inconsistent this post is?
If the Spirit gives understanding not scriptures? What is the purpose of the scriptures? Could you have learnt of the Spirit but for the scriptures?

And most importantly, WHY are you writing? Why not suffer Spirit to teach and give understanding? Why are you doing Spirit's work?

The only reason one would give a lengthy diatribe devoid of scriptures is because they are shallow in the Word of God and they know this fact and are afraid of being called out

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by fromnigeria(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2015
[s]
1feness:
Even when god isn't real?
[/s]
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by fromnigeria(m): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2015
[s]
samx4real:
End Time Things!!!
[/s]
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Highcuerayte: 10:27am On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

See how silly and inconsistent this post is?
If the Spirit gives understanding not scriptures? What is the purpose of the scriptures? Could you have learnt of the Spirit but for the scriptures?

And most importantly, WHY are you writing? Why not suffer Spirit to teach and give understanding? Why are you doing Spirit's work?

The only reason one would give a lengthy diatribe devoid of scriptures is because they are shallow in the Word of God and they know this fact and are afraid of being called out
Again, you are entitle to your opinion.
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by fromnigeria(m): 10:27am On Nov 29, 2015
[s]
Realrex:
endtime post
[/s]
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 29, 2015
TruthHurts1:
Nice and well reasoned advice. Could you share your thoughts on other aspects of our faith which have been misunderstood, like the gift of tongues? You could do that next Sunday.

You can start from here while you wait for him:

https://www.nairaland.com/2546898/setting-record-straight-speaking-tongues
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by mohammedmagnus: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2015
wait op who said the Jews are Christians?... please stop this misconception oo. that's how they play the Christians into hating Muslims. do jews go to your "church ".
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:

u r very right brother..we should stop deceiving ourselves by waiting for everything to be backed up with scriptural verses..what then do u hav d holy spirit for?
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Again, you are entitle to your opinion.
Again you are entitled to your rants but don't imagine to correct 'misconceptions' with vagueness ascribed to 'Spirit'
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by EreluY(f): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2015
[b]THE FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT MISCONCEPTION WHICH ALL READERS OF THIS THREAD NEED TO BEAR IN MIND IS THAT THE IDEA OF GOD IS FABRICATED. THERE IS NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE FOR GOD'S EXISTENCE. FREE YOURSELVES FROM THIS AGE LONG COLONIAL MENTALITY. THE EUROPEANS WHO BROUGHT CHRISTIANITY TO AFRICA NO LONGER BELIEVE IN THIS TRASH. MOST CHURCHES IN EUROPE HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO PUBS AND CLUBS. OTHERS HAVE BECOME HINDU TEMPLES. EVEN TWO WEEKS AGO, JUSTIN WELBY, THE ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY (THE NO.1 CLERIC IN THE WORLDWIDE ANGLICAN CHURCH) CLAIMS, IN A PRESS INTERVIEW, THAT HE DOUBTS IF GOD EXISTS. OTHERWISE, WHY DOES THIS IMAGINARY GOD ALLOW EVIL IN THE WORLD (AN ISSUE FREQUENTLY DISCUSSED WITHIN THEOLOGICAL DISCOURSE OF THEODICY OR "THE PROBLEM OF EVIL"wink. NIGERIA WOULD NEVER MOVE FORWARD UNTIL NIGERIANS JOIN THE ENLIGHTENMENT BAND WAGON. IT IS SCIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE THAT ACCOUNT FOR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA AND NOT RELIGION. UNTIL WE ABANDON RELIGION FOR THE ENLIGHTENMENT, NIGERIA AND THE REST OF AFRICA WOULD REMAIN UNDERDEVELOPED.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by sample042(m): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2015
There's sense in ur write up
Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 10:36am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:

Its pretty simple bro. The Spirit of God and the Scripture are the same: Inseparable. And the only way to confirm the identity of the Spirit is to look at it in the light of the scripture. While I subscribed to some of the things you put up, I condemn your statement that you don't need to back them up with scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by vooks: 10:36am On Nov 29, 2015
faustinalove:

u r very right brother..we should stop deceiving ourselves by waiting for everything to be backed up with scriptural verses..what then do u hav d holy spirit for?
This is a primate typing away on their smart gadget not Holy Spirit. As such to prove it is Holy Spirit inspiring them, they should appeal to the inerrant Word of Truth. Could you have learnt of he Holy Spirit without scriptures.

How do I know any silly rant is of God? I subject it to the Word of God

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God by Barywhyte(m): 10:37am On Nov 29, 2015
Highcuerayte:

Its pretty simple bro. The Spirit of God and the Scripture are the same: Inseparable. And the only way to confirm the identity of the Spirit is to look at it in the light of the scripture. While I subscribed to some of the things you put up, I condemn your statement that you don't need to back them up with scriptures. That's not the Spirit speaking. Its you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Donates Borehole, Distributes Items In Abuja To Mark Birthday / Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star / Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.