Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With (26184 Views)

3 Scientifically Proven Ways To Control Konji / The Worst Type Of People To Be In Relationship With. / Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Date a reader…Thank me later!

Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With

http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/date-reader-readers-best-people-fall-love-scientifically-proven/662017/

Here are some excerpts:

“According to both 2006 and 2009 studies published by Raymond Mar, a psychologist at York University in Canada, and Keith Oatley, a professor of cognitive psychology at the University of Toronto, those who read fiction are capable of the most empathy and “theory of mind,” which is the ability to hold opinions, beliefs and interests apart from their own.
They can entertain other ideas, without rejecting them and still retain their own. While this is supposed to be an innate trait in all humans, it requires varying levels of social experiences to bring into fruition and probably the reason your last partner was such a narcissist.”

“Another 2010 study by Mar reinforces this idea with results that prove the more stories children have read to them, the keener their “theory of mind.” So while everyone thinks their kids are the best, the ones who read have the edge as they truly are the wiser, more adaptable and understanding children.”

“Readers, like voicemail leavers and card writers, are now a dying breed, their numbers decreasing with every GIF list and online tabloid.
The worst part about this looming extinction is that readers are proven to be nicer and smarter than the average human , and maybe the only people worth falling in love with on this shallow hell on earth.”

“They’ve learned what it’s like to be a woman, and a man. They know what it’s like to watch someone suffer. They are wise beyond their years.”

“Because reading is something that molds you and adds to your character. Each triumph, lesson and pivotal moment of the protagonist becomes your own.
Every ache, pain and harsh truth becomes yours to bear. You’ve traveled with authors and experienced the pain, sorrow and anguish they suffered while writing through it. You’ve lived a thousand lives and come back to learn from each of them.”

Here are the highlights for those who are not “Readers” –
The article says, this is how you will know them:

They Won’t Talk To You… They’ll Speak To You
“Do yourself a favor and date someone who really knows how to use their tongue.”
They Don’t Just Get You… They Understand You
They have the capacity for empathy. They may not always agree with you, but they will try to see things from your point of view.
They Don’t Just Get You… They Understand You
FINDING SOMEONE who reads is like dating a thousand souls. It’s gaining the experience they’ve gained from everything they’ve ever read and the wisdom that comes with those experiences. It’s like dating a professor, a romantic and an explorer.

If you date someone who reads, then you, too, will live a thousand different lives.

Hopefully you take the time to read the link. It's not too long. What do you think?

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
a caveat...

Results may vary...those who read only Non-fiction may not be as imaginative.

4 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by sleekch1c(f): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Awesome!
I concur
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by harlos: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hmmmm. True

But I'm not that kind that reads for fun undecided
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
As a reader, this article gives me hope

19 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
No wonder!! gringrin

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by TRADELYN: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
OP just described me grin

# Now I know why I act the way I do!

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by donguutti: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
FINDING SOMEONE who reads is like dating a thousand souls.

and why exactly should i date a 1000 souls,I resemble demon,1 woman is enough, undecided

If you date someone who reads, then you, too, will live a thousand different lives.

So if i date someone who reads my life would multiply by 1000 abi, what happens if we get married ( undecided

9 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
I read only the First two sentence...

2 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by dytbabe: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tenison96: I read only the First two sentence...

grin grin grin grin

In my own case, I didn't even read bt I read ur comment

4 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
I love how this thread is already "showing" who's who. grin

Shine eye sisters.... wink

6 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by ShirelleBaby: 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
CFCfan: As a reader, this article gives me hope
hehehehe
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by sexmachine01(f): 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hi, my name is Michael I'm an agent to several sugar daddies and sugar mummies. They are hundreds of rich men and women who want sexual satisfaction in exchange of giving you huge sums of money if you can satisfy them. You can become rich over night plus connection to work in Big films. So many of my customers are living in affluence today, don't be left out, money is key to stop so many nonsense!!

You don't have to travel far because we have hundreds of clients in your city!!!

And Guess what?? It's freeee

You don't have to pay me any money my rich clients do/ that after the connection, give it a try dearie

If you are interested send "I'm interested" to
9jasexmanchine@gmail[dot]com

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by onegig(m): 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
Only those who are readers would understand and appreciate this article.

A single book is a narration of numerous experience, thoughts and ideas. A reader may not have physically left a place all their lives but they have traveled in their minds to thousands of cities and have gained experience from such "trips". Such a feat that an avid globetrotter can't even boast of in a lifetime.

45 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by joywendy(f): 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
Mmm...nice article. This is a lesson to those people always asking for summary.

Though I believe it works for those who apply what the read, cause there are some people that read and still don't have those characteritics you mentioned.
Well, op I have a question.
What kind of books? Motivational books?
Religous books? Biographies? Cause I don't think reading just fiction will generate all this

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
ShirelleBaby: hehehehe
Meanie grin
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Manweysabi(m): 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
leaders are readers!

4 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by LarrySun(m): 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Which came first: The chicken or the egg?

This is one of life's greatest mysteries.

If readers are the best people to fall in love with, what about writers? I know many people would argue about writers being readers. But, not all readers are writers. Yet, most writers are influenced by what they've read somewhere.

Now, who wrote the first scroll? The writer or the reader? (Reference to my first question above)

7 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
joywendy: Mmm...nice article. This is a lesson to those people always asking for summary.

Though I believe it works for those who apply what the read, cause there are some people that read and still don't have those characteritics you mentioned.
Well, op I have a question.
What kind of books? Motivational books?
Religous books? Biographies? Cause I don't think reading just fiction will generate all this

You are right. Fiction alone will not accomplish this. The thing is...Reading only nonfiction will not do it either. In anything...a healthy balance is necessary. Especially if one only reads religious books. I'm not saying don't read them. I'm saying don't "only" read them. Only reading religious books can lead to closed-mindedness. There are plenty of good books and stories out there that are inspirational, and do not threaten or encroach on ones beliefs. We should seek knowledge and wisdom, while maintaining our principles. It is possible.

7 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
CFCfan: As a reader, this article gives me hope

Why do I get the feeling you should not be too worried? smiley
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by xynerise: 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
Seriously, I don't like reading undecided
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by thelastmediator: 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
There is enormous power in being a reader. You surely know when to strike and when to play the victim, so much weapon in your arsenal to turn any situation around but there is a very high tendency of being manipulative because you can predict the next possible set of events almost accurately.

23 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
Manweysabi:

Your life don bend o... You dey form P.I.M.P

Why did you quote him? I reported him to the mods. Now he is quoted. angry
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by brianromel(m): 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
Interesting read.

For one who finds time to read 70 or more books a year. Who consumers a wide range of online articles on various topics and thread a day. I begin to comprehend truth from this thread.

The current situation of dating revolves round shallow people and sex. Rare before you can find one person who is above and beyond the trend of things. Some who are, tend to feel lonely and left out at times.

My solution is to blend the two. Play the shallow game and be quiet with what you know, don't push on a shallow person cos they might feel your old school or trying to change them.

Change partners as often as possible till you meet the one that ignites that spark of common interest. Then u may hold them tight.

Just saying not doing

16 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
LarrySun: Which came first: The chicken or the egg?

If readers are the best people to fall in love with, what about writers? I know many people would argue about writers being readers. But, not all readers are writers. Yet, most writers are influenced by what they've read somewhere.

Now, who wrote the first scroll? The writer or the reader? (Reference to my first question above)

Philosophers...very sexy too. hehe
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by daveP(m): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
@texanomaly: nice write-up.this is quite insightful.hmm!

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
@OP

You a chick a guy need to fall in love with cool with this elightening post smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
LarrySun: Which came first: The chicken or the egg?

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

Why do I get the feeling you should not be too worried? smiley
I've no idea lol

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
xynerise: Seriously, I don't like reading undecided

*shakes head and smiles*

2 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Manweysabi(m): 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

Why did you quote him? I reported him to the mods. Now he is quoted. angry

Oh oh... Sorry, he's been unquoted
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by xynerise: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

*shakes head and smiles*
embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Of These Is The Most Important In A Relationship? / ''if You Remove The Condom Without Your Partner's Consent During Sex, It's Rape" / Dear Fellow Ladies, Men Owe Us NOTHING Financially!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.