Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed (44366 Views)

We Promised Change And It Has Come - Lai Mohammed / Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians / The ‘change’ We Promised Nigerians Is Now Manifesting Around Us – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by PassingShot(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
unite4real:
This is exactly what the APC Manifesto says:

Create a phased Social Insurance Scheme to assist certain groups in the population with social welfare payments through a phased programme starting with :: • Young People under 30 and the unemployed • Senior Citizens over 70, the disabled and armed service veterans • All remaining categories (Source: APC Manifesto, An Honest Contract with Nigeria)
This is not the one that specifically mentions the 5k. In that one, it states 5k monthly to the most vulnerable Nigerians upon meeting certain conditions.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Kastonkastroll(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:

You are right, they also didn't promise to end the Boko Haram menace
Provide your evidence were APC ever promised to pay 5k stipends to unemployed graduates my dear. I don't know when "the most vulnerable members" in the society miraculously turned into unemployed graduates.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by maupe: 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

That you guys are barely literate doesn't make everybody become like you. At least you can easily find the document containing the campaign promise here so that we help you understand it.
I already posed you a question. Who in your opinion, can be classified as vulnerable Nigerians. You are opening a gate you can not close. The Vulnerable would include the unemployed, among other dependents.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by PassingShot(m): 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:

Who are the most vulnerable Nigerians.
The destitutes. Those living in abject poverty.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by captainflash(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

That you guys are barely literate doesn't make everybody become like you. At least you can easily find the document containing the campaign promise here so that we help you understand it.
You're the iliterate, APC SCAM

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by maupe: 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

The destitutes. Those living in abject poverty.
So unemployed Nigerians are not destitutes.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Realdeals(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
I think he's right, what I heard during campaign is that stipends will be given to the poorest people on the condition that they send their children to school.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by PassingShot(m): 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:

I already posed you a question. Who in your opinion, can be classified as vulnerable Nigerians. You are opening a gate you can not close. The Vulnerable would include the unemployed, among other dependents.
I've answered you. The destitutes; those living in abject poverty. It's now the party's duty to bring up criteria to qualify those people.

The fact remains that APC NEVER said unemployed graduate.
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
obailala:
Truth be told, the promise I remember was N5k to the poorest and vulnerable Nigerians... Lai Mohammed may be right on this one.

Those with opposing views should provide evidence pointing to the contrary.

so who r the poorest and how will they determine the poorest nigerians?
r u also saying graduates aint poor?
unemployed graduates rich for naija?
its serious. ...

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by maupe: 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

I've answered you. The destitutes; those living in abject poverty. It's now the party duty to bring up criteria to qualify those people.

The fact remains that APC NEVER said unemployed graduate.
A destitute is someone who lacks money, food and things that make life worth living. Do unemployed people have money, no, do they have food, no, except if it is provided by relatives and friends. Lai Mohammed has only widened the scope of this claim. it was a silly comment by the information minister

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by obailala(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

so who r the poorest and how will they determine the poorest nigerians?
r u also saying graduates aint poor?
unemployed graduates rich for naija?
its serious. ...
Well, unfortunately that's the part of the story which APC did not elaborate to us, 'how to determine who falls in the poorest category.' In my opinion, this campaign promise is trash and even if possible (it's not possible), it will be a silly idea in a country like Nigeria to fulfil such a wild promise.
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by PassingShot(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:

A destitute is someone who lacks money, food and things that make life worth living. Do unemployed people have money, no, do they have food, no, except if it is provided by relatives and friends. Lai Mohammed has only widened the scope of this claim. it was s silly comment by the information minister
No, you're wrong. APC only now needs to qualify those living jn abject poverty they had in mind.

The established fact is that they never said/meant unemployed graduates. There must surely be a better program for that category of Nigerians.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by wytecat: 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
The elderly, disabled, orphans, widows and institutionalized.
maupe:

Who are the most vulnerable Nigerians.
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
This is clearly written in the Apc manifesto. I don't know how the unemployed youth thing came up
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
Realdeals:
I think he's right, what I heard during campaign is that stipends will be given to the poorest people on the condition that they send their children to school.
God bless you, you say one thing and Nigerians choose what they hear
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
The GREAT LIAR himself has spoken
I hail thee!

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by PassingShot(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
obailala:
Well, unfortunately that's the part of the story which APC did not elaborate to us, 'how to determine who falls in the poorest category.' In my opinion, this campaign promise is trash and even if possible (it's not possible), it will be a silly idea in a country like Nigeria to fulfil such a wild promise.
I still prefer doing this to subsidizing fuel for all citizens.
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by maupe: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

No, you're wrong. APC only now needs to qualify those living jn abject poverty they had in mind.

The established fact is that they never said/meant unemployed graduates. There must surely be a better program for that category of Nigerians.
In the US, the unemployed and the poverty stricken individuals are all beneficiaries of the government's social welfare program. So, no, there is no other program for them.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by maupe: 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
wytecat:
The elderly, disabled, orphans, widows and institutionalized.
All these classes of people together, with the unemployed are known as dependents.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by wytecat: 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
Some are more vulnerable.
While some are vulnerable to not being able to have 24kt gold shaved on deserts, others are over asoebi while the poorest are vulnerable of sleeping with empty stomachs an die of common malaria.
Iykopee:
Who is not vulnerable in Nigeria?

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by bobbiekrantz: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
PassingShot:

you ApC lots could be funny tho..

so..you've suddenly forgotten your campaign promises.
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by wytecat: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
Not exactly. First of Buhari never said 'dependents' and you can be heavily dependent of your rich parents while the poorest are dependents of your trash can outside. The unemployed should never be encouraged to settle for handouts. I know Buhari will fix this country, and something will be done for the serious unemployed. Buhari is building Nigeria from scratch, he had no foundation to build on, we just have to give him time. I believe he will set up a bank where unemployed can secure soft loans for business. I know he's getting there.

maupe:

All these classes of people together, with the unemployed are known as dependents.
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by calculator123(m): 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
indeed this is change,though it is a negative one,now nigerians would know GEJ was bad,but PMB is worse.gej implemented 18,000 minimum wage,pmb want to cut it down,gej reduce fuel price from 97 to 87, what has pmb done,a President who takes delight in travelling abroad than facing problems affecting the economy.
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Jesusloveyou: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Afam4eva:
The scam continues
nothing like scam, d 5k is not to unemployed graduate but to unemployed youth or d vulnerable youth and women, and d physically challenge

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by maupe: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
wytecat:
Not exactly. First of Buhari never said 'dependents' and you can be heavily dependent of your rich parents while the poorest are dependents of your trash can outside. The unemployed should never be encouraged to settle for handouts. I know Buhari will fix this country, and something will be done for the serious unemployed. Buhari is building Nigeria from scratch, he had no foundation to build on, we just have to give him time. I believe he will set up a bank where unemployed can secure soft loans for business. I know he's getting there.

Have you ever heard the President say, he wants to fix Nigeria. All he says, is that he will tackle corruption. You should stop, adding to the President's plate. The likes of the VP, Oyegun and Lai Mohammed are the cause of all this confusion.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
parrygee:
Yap. I recall. D 5k is for almajiris not for unemployed graduates.

Wat Wud 5k do for an unemployed graduate?

Was it full scholarship they used to pass thru school?

SMH for graduates expecting 5k

Recall what?
Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by calculator123(m): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
Gabbysky:
The GREAT LIAR himself has spoken I hail thee!
u funny die,the GREAT LIAR HIMSELF.

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Okanokan(m): 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
cleatoris:
How do you determine vulnerability? This 5k thing is clearly another measure to subsidise the sea of almajiri in the north.

Buhari conveniently removed unemployed graduates from the list because they're very scarce in the north.

You are spot on! Nigeria's unemployed graduates are a vulnerable class, that the Govt should take special notice of, because thier knowledge would definitely contribute to the rebuilding of Nigeria, than the Lai Mohammed deliberate use of semantics to create a vulnerable uneducated class of thugs that his party would in holding Nigeria by the jugular.
Its a pity that it took Nigerians over a year to fathom the LIES of the LIARS, thier deliberate somersaults on all issues that touches the foundation of our Nation.
Yes! Pdp is BAD, but Apc is WORSE!

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Okeycima: 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
Singing 2baba's E BE LIKE SAY...

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by Jesusloveyou: 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
maupe:

So unemployed Nigerians are not destitutes.
it simply means unemployed nigerians that are destitute or adversely poor, not graduates

Re: We Promised 5,000 Naira To 'Vulnerable Nigerians', Not Graduates - Lai Mohammed by bjdon: 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kestolovee95:
Anyone who thinks that fulanis put their own in power to change the status quo must be high on Aisha's pubic hair.
They wanted power, they got it. It ends there. You want the most unprogressive region to 'change' the country? how? Black people sef. grin

My brother may you remain blessed!! I really don't understand what kind of brains some of us have in the South, that they could really think Northern leadership would suddenly bring progress to the country, having woefully failed for some many years before. As I tried to warn many of them during the election, most of the young ones have only ever known Southern presidents so they've become too comfortable. Those of us who were around in the 80's know just how incompetent and unimpressive Northern leadership can be. Well I guess now the young generation will get to experiene it first hand. #AbokinoDeyChange.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Speaking Live At Chatham House / FG Pays Ikoyi Whistle-blower N421m; Jets Out Of The Country / How APC Paid Billions To Win Imo, Kwara, Gombe, Zamfara, Benue - The Sun

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57