Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,953 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew (9407 Views)

Different Types Of Adults That Should Be Wished Happy Children’s Day (meme Colle / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol, you're quite disconnected from the conversation Buka and I were having.
It was always about commandments, and I brought it in to provoke a response cos I used to think she didn't support men and headship as the Bible says—read the convo again. cheesy

That said, I am not a defender of Christianity.
The same way Christians interpret the Bible the way they want and the same way feminists come up with different feminist ideologies, all boils down to one thing - Confusion and incomplete understanding, both feminists and Christians alike. gringrin

I couldn't have said it any better. wink

However, if we focus on their core messages, love of yourself and your neighbor, and fairness and freedom of choice for everyone regardless their s.ex, we can discern the good in both, can we not?
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by A40(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
bukatyne:

@Bold: Very happy for you...
That's all that matters.
Invite me for the wedding... Want a big chunk of cake especially. cheesy
Lmao wedding loun loun. Hahaha that one na like till 2018 oh God willing
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
Mindfulness:

I couldn't have said it any better. wink

However, if we focus on their core messages, love of yourself and your neighbor, and fairness and freedom of choice for everyone regardless their s.ex, we can discern the good in both, can we not?
Sure, the basic undiluted core message in both is inherently good...this was until everyone who managed to get an education became too smart for their own good and thought themselves capable of adjusting/fine-tuning these messages to personal specification. wink

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 22, 2016
crackhaus:

Sure, the basic undiluted core message in both is inherently good...this was until everyone who managed to get an education became too smart for their own good and thought themselves capable of adjusting/fine-tuning these messages to personal specification. wink

As if people lived by these messages before they were 'educated' en masse. Besides, the Bible leaves a lot of space for interpretation, if it didn't there would be only one church. The best thing anyone can do is to use their brain when reading the Bible instead of depending on dubious 'men of God'. And all of these teaching must be understood in the context of the time and culture they were written in.
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by bukatyne(f): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2016
crackhaus:

Chai!

Mindfulness sure has a wonderful effect on you; pity she's married smiley

I am a firm believer of the basic core messages of Christianity & feminism.

Their basic definitions are just perfect for me.

Mindfulness: thanks kiss
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
bukatyne:

Chai!

undecided undecided

grin
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
crackhaus:

undecided undecided

grin

You want to burst your veins?

You will probably collapse before the slap reaches my face grin
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by SiestaFiesta: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
bukatyne:

Chai!

The pleasure is all mine. wink

You can do nothing wrong by sticking to these core messages. It's enough and it's better than any form of extremism, be it religious or feministic.

[size=3pt]I was banned by the antispam. [/size]
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
bukatyne:

You want to burst your veins?

You will probably collapse before the slap reaches my face grin
It seems like the protection spell your grandmother cast over you is still very potent.

It's the type that will collapse anyone before they try to hurt you physically abi? gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly / Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee / Your Wife Or Your Extended Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.