Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,592 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement (5474 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This / Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Keystonn: 1:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

I'm not SW. guess again.

can you also tell me How igbos are related to the jews?
can u show me his pic in bini attire ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
Keystonn:
can u show me his pic in bini attire ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Keystonn: 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

Yeah....Wikipedia.
yea give us ur own source to show that Riverines are related to benin people

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Ilovemystate: 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
Keystonn:
Don't mind Yoruba people
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
Keystonn:

my treat

https://www.nairaland.com/2787139/history-ikwerre-bini-connection

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ilovemystate:
Don't mind Yoruba people
nna gi, Yoruba

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Keystonn: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
[quote author=naijapips02 post=40871823][/quote] bini attire I said bro
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Ilovemystate: 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Keystonn:
I have gone through poor boy profile I noicted he a Yoruba boy, he ones claim Igbo boy, they are the ones have sleepless night about Biafra. Check out one. Of his posts:
https://www.nairaland.com/naijapips02/posts/17by naijapips02: 8:16pm On Nov 10
Real2020:

You said you are Igbo and couldn't control your yoruba tendency...twofaced. You are a perfect exampler of the coterie of yorubas I don't intend to want to see.

I'm an igbo man that has learn to see beyond my tribe. You childish statement really prompted that. see, yorubas are everywhere. You cannot avoid them.
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Keystonn: 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

my treat

https://www.nairaland.com/2787139/history-ikwerre-bini-connection
nairaland your source ? From the thread sef created by a yoloba man his source is even a owned by a yelobaa man again ...

Hia

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Keystonn:
bini attire I said bro

I just want to show you How silly your postulation is .

If wearing an igbo attire makes akpabio igbo, Then buhari should also be igbo. innit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by paramakina202: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

nna gi, Yoruba
You claim to be Igbo but everything about you is anti Igbo and always on the wrong side of the argument.
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by NnaXmas: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

do you know that GEJ, an ijaw man, has always claimed the igbo ancestry?

Has GEJ ever come out and described himself as a "bonafide Igbo man" or described Otuoke as Igbo land?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Keystonn: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

If wearing an igbo attire makes akpabio igbo, Then buhari should also be igbo. innit?
Ameachi said he is Igbo not bini

Why that ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Keystonn:
nairaland your source ? From the thread sef created by a yoloba man his source is even a owned by a yelobaa man again ...

Hia

any 5 year old can write an article and put it up on wiki.

do you mean that the ikwere man that article is Yoruba? really?

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by paramakina202: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

What Akpabio is wearing as Ibibioman is his native attire which they share with people of Abia state and Imo.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
warrior01:

You're so ignorant of the subject you even raised. Ikwerre, ohafia, Nnewi, Aboh et al are all Igbos. Your divide and rule tactic is dead on arrival. Oh , why am I even indulging your moronic ass.
Thanks man, just what I wanted to say.
This is exactly what happens when a physco thought he's a history professor.
That whole posts sounds so meaningless.
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Keystonn:
Ameachi said he is Igbo not bini
Why that ?
because he was in igboland, seeking igbo votes.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Ilovemystate: 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

[s]because he was in igboland, seeking igbo votes.[/s]
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
paramakina202:

You claim to be Igbo but everything about you is anti Igbo and always on the wrong side of the argument.

yeah I choose to be. I have that basic right. Every igbo cannot always think alike. I hate crab mentality.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Ilovemystate: 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
]Ikwerre people
The Ikwerre (also spelt Ikwere) are one of the many native ethnic groups in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. They are a subgroup of the Igbo people,[1][2][3] although a small minority for political expediency now dispute this account, claiming their history was rewritten during the colonial period because of the dominance of the larger Igbo group. The Ikwerre are said to be related or share common ancestry with the Ogba and Ekpeye people (Akalaka brothers).[citation needed] They trace their origins to Owerri, Ohaji, Etche, and Ngwa areas of Igboland. They constitute the majority of Rivers state, although there are other populations in neighboring states. The Ikwerre speak the Ikwerre dialect, a dialect part of the many diverse Igbo dialects,[4] and are predominantly settled in the Ikwerre, Obio-Akpor, Port Harcourt and Emohua local government areas. They are traditionally farmers, fishermen and hunters, but in recent times, the environmental degradation and urban sprawl associated with oil exploration and exploitation has caused a sharp decline in the amount of farmland, forests and rivers available for their traditional occupations.[citation needed]

The Ikwerre exist in well-delineated clans, with each clan having its own Paramount Ruler, therefore, the Ikwerre do not have an overall paramount ruler or King, but designated kings/ruler/leader mostly approved by its constituents. Although all paramount rulers in ikwerre are united in what is known as Ogbakor Ikwerre which is an association of Ikwerre traditional rulers.[citation needed] A total of 92 oil wells, producing an estimated 100,000 barrels of crude daily, are located in Ikwerreland. The Ikwerre therefore play host to several multinational oil-producing and servicing companies, in addition to many other industries and establishments.[citation needed] Despite these, the Ikwerre, like nearly all other minorities of the Niger Delta, frequently complain of marginalisation by the oil operatives. The University of Port Harcourt, the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, the three campuses of the Rivers State College of Education, as well as the Rivers State College of Arts and Science, are all sited on Ikwerreland.[citation needed]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikwerre_people
[/quote]
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by paramakina202: 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

Amaechi did not contest for any office in last election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
paramakina202:
Amaechi did not contest for any office in last election.
for his party , Z, for his party.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by paramakina202: 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

yeah I choose to be. I have that basic right. Every igbo cannot always think alike. I hate crab mentality.
You choose to be anti Igbo?
Stop claiming to be Igbo period.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by DerideGull(m): 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
mulattoclaro:
1. Who was the very first person ever named Miss Nigeria, and why did she not become a Nigerian, post independence?

2. Who remembers those that played the roles of “courtima” (if you don’t know this term, you should probably never get involved in the Ikwerre-Igbo debates) and why did their Western & Northern Nigerian counterparts not pervert history and justice in their respective regions of Nigeria?

3. If Ikwerre’s were Igbo’s, why did part of the Biafra military strategy include the extermination and genocide of the Ikwerre’s? Please note that there were more saboteurs within and amongst ndi Igbo, than elsewhere in Nigeria – even till the present day.

4. If Igbo’s were so magnanimous to ameliorate their excesses in pre-historic Nigeria, dating back to the early stages of both the “white man’s & ottoman’s” slave trades, how come they are yet to resolve their osu caste system – even until the present day? Let’s go one step further to truly see how much they know of the Ikwerre, can our Igbo learned and intelligent friends account for the Igbo’s direct profiteering, racketeering, and shenanigans during the slave trade periods, as it pertains to its surrounding neighbors, including the Ikwerre's?

5. If Ikwerre’s were Igbo’s, why were they not consulted like the other Igbo clans on the eve of Ahiara War Declarations by Odumegwu Ojukwu? If our learned friends claim that Ikwerre’s were consulted, please provide name(s) of the Ikwerre representatives.

6. Why did southern Cameroon vote to not become part of Nigeria at independence – even though they knew their Hausa/Fulani dominated northern Cameroon were an evil empire? Really, you would rather associate with an evil empire than align with your next door neighbors – if we go by the theory of Igbo’s about the Ikwerre’s?

7. Speaking about Cameroonians, what was the real underlying issue about Bakassi and (like the Ikwerre’s), the peace loving peoples of Ambazonia? Why would they not want to become part of a vibrant and thriving nation like Nigeria – even till this day? What really happened?

8. Going further, who remembers pre-historic Nigeria and Cameroon showing Igbo influences stretching past the Calabar river banks, as Far East, as Mamfe and Bamenda in the Cameroons – why did it shrink back to the present day Igbo boundaries? Better yet, just like Cameroon dragged Nigeria to court over Bakassi, why have the Igbo’s not dragged their case to court, if they know the anthropological, sociological, and ethno-linguistic genesis of the Ikwerre’s?

9. The word “Biafra” is not an Igbo word – at least, am hoping they have not also started claiming it is – so, where/what is Biafra, from which the Gulf/Bight of Biafra was originally named on every world map prior to 1969? Hint: Ojukwu could not and did not coin the word !!! Since most Igbo’s immediately from birth, seem to know more about the history and origin of Ikwerre people, it is assumed this question is also a piece of cake for them

10. Last, but more importantly:

a. When were the original Ogbakor Ikwerre (excluding the ones in diaspora) and Ohaneze ndi Igbo organizations created?

b. If Ikwerre’s are seating on the high tables at Ohaneze ndi Igbo, how come the Igbo’s have never allowed these so called Ikwerre members of Ohaneze to speak by themselves to their own Ikwerre people and in a language the Ikwerre’s would understand – why are Igbo’s always the only ones doing the talking and claiming? Egyptians were not busy advertising Moses as justification for the Jews to remain in Egypt, considering the Jews never forgot their homelands, but may have adopted Egyptian and Roman names to survive the times; a good percentage of people from Sierra Leone in West Africa all have similar names and features like the Yoruba’s of Nigeria – one wonders why Nigeria’s Yoruba states are not wasting resources and time running around telling other Yoruba’s of West Africa they must claim Nigerian origin and ancestry; Native Americans of the present generation might have blue eyes, some blonde, and cannot speak a word of Apache, Cherokee, Hopi, Navajos (I know because I’ve lived among them), yet the Igbo’s would have you believe they are Igbo’s too, if given the chance; and, these same Igbo’s would be the first to tell you not to call them African Americans – since there are no Igbo racial categories in any American ethno-demographic profiles.

c. Is it true that because Igbo’s outnumber every other ethnic group by a margin of 10:1 in pre-war Sabon Gari district of Kano, therefore, everyone within that environment is Igbo – was that what Igbo’s were claiming to spark the pogroms that ignited the Biafra war? (see this citation). Is it also true that because Tiv’s in Nigeria speak Hausa and share common names and traditions, they are Hausa people? How about our friends in Ghana, is it true that because the word Twi is pronounced Chi, it has the same Igbo meaning, therefore, of Igbo origin?

d. Giving a speech recently, during a meeting of South East elders held in Owerri, Imo State, on March 5, 2010 the honorable Odumegwu Ojukwu, asked Igbo’s: “Howbeit, it is a well known fact that in every State in Nigeria outside Igbo land, Ndigbo always constitutes the second largest population next to the indigenous population” – why is that? How come no other ethnic population in Nigeria can come close to, much less boast of, being always the 2nd largest population outside of their own ethnic enclaves, wherever they go?

e. Has anyone heard of/about “Hausa Elele”? Yes, these are true Hausa’s from Elele, in Ikwerre Nigeria – are they Igbo’s too? Could it be that Ikwerre’s had learned their lesson with Igbo’s that they did not allow this strategic political expansion to continue with impunity? Perhaps, we would be arguing today of how Ikwerre’s are Hausa’s, if we had also kept silent in this regard.

f. For the longest time, even before the creation of Rivers State, who consistently prevented, and orchestrated the eccentricities that thwarted, the creation of Port Harcourt state, if Ikwerre’s were Igbo’s?

It is funny and a bit of intrigue why you have not concerned yourself with people like Ngwa, Wawa and Uratta in your fondness of Ikwerre.
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
paramakina202:

What Akpabio is wearing as Ibibioman is his native attire which they share with people of Abia state and Imo.

If that's an ibibio attire, what do you call the ones on this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/478074/post-pictures-traditional-weddings/16

I'm on mobile presently So can't post much pic

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
paramakina202:

You choose to be anti Igbo?
Stop claiming to be Igbo period.

What's igbo Then? biafra?. I'm never anti igbo. I'm just anti biafra and the last time I checked, igbos have not come out as a group to say they support biafra

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by paramakina202: 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

If that's an ibibio attire, what do you call the ones on this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/478074/post-pictures-traditional-weddings/16

I'm on mobile presently So can't post much pic
You are not from our region,so I will forgive your ignorance.
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
paramakina202:
you're the ignorant one here..... lol
I just showed you pics of real ibibio attire. are those igbo attiires too?

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
paramakina202:
you're the ignorant one here..... lol
I just showed you pics of real ibibio attire. are those igbo attiires too?

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by Keystonn: 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
naijapips02:

thank God u know portharcourt is an Igboland ... I will save this page for reference
Re: 10 Questions For Igbo’s Seeking Ikwerre Citizenship & Acknowledgement by naijapips02: 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
Keystonn:
thank God u know portharcourt is an Igboland ... I will save this page for reference

lol. what are u sniffing? did he make the statement in ph?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Late Mr. James Ocholi And His Family Were Murdered Says FRSC Boss / Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda / IPOB Hatred For Iran Is Born Of Ignorance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.