Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,452 members, 7,830,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? (2598 Views)

Guys, Can You Do This For Your Lady (PHOTO)? / Male Doctor Injecting A Young Lady! How Right Is This. / If You Are A Lady How Big Is Your Bombom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by freelance(m): 9:52am On Oct 20, 2006
I was hanging out with some of my friends when this topic came up and most of them were like they would never disclose their true networth even to their wife. They agreed it was necessary to have some coded assets and money somewhere. I was really surprised. But i also thought that it might be necessary because some women might me unpredictable tongue tongue I would just like to seek you guyz opinions on this issue. What would you do if it was you.

1 Like

Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by cheavroi(m): 9:35am On Oct 21, 2006
I guess the best thing is to tell her about 70% of what you earn.Most women i know wil actualy make your budget for you if they really know how much a guy earns.so dont disclose all your assest cos you still got friends you want to help,your grandmum in the village etc.

1 Like

Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by osegwu(m): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2006
As far as i am concerned been truthful
and loving to your wife does not include
revealing the actual value of your PAYCHECK
not even to your mother. And what is more, your wife will be
the last person that will tell you how much she earns.
I have seen it with my mother. No one in the house know how much she earns.
we the kids know how much our dad earns but my mum? we don't even know
when she receives her salary.

1 Like

Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by krudol(m): 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2006
lt ain't right to tell a lady how much u're worth
cos she's gonna change her taste for everything once she knows u can afford it
l'm gonna tell ya a story to elucidate my point
l had this girlfriend who felt my monthly wages was £1,800
Her demands was something l could handle without a fuss
but once she knew the true sum by chance
She shot up her demands ten fold
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by hotangel2(f): 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2006
Whatever happened to honesty and trust?

Okay on a serious note, i wouldn't tell a lady how much i earn or worth if i was a guy.
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by freelance(m): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2006
So it seems the men can't trust the women completely and vice versa.
But why won't we want to disclose this information??
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by Tywoh(f): 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2006
Not are ladies are demanding and if she's not,
I dont see any reason why you cant tell her how much you earn.
Not telling the truth is equivalent to a lie.
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by freelance(m): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2006
Guess this is really a serious issue. Seems in every relationship their would still be a little bit of coded runze.
Where has all the love gone to!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by mikkyphp(m): 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2008
@topic, we all stilll fail to realize sth- there's a differeence between how much u earn and how much you're worth! Well, i can for sure tell my spouse how much i earn, but not how much my net -worth is. My net-worth is largely determined by the extras i do on the side, which usually accounts for 70%. So i'll be well pleased to let her know how much my 30% is (gross salary) but disclose another 30% of my extras(ie 30% of 70% of my net worth) cos she's sure to know i do something on d side.
note: always sleep with one eyes open, you never can say for sure what goes on in those creative mind of theirs. When absolutely necessary, and after she's thru' doing your calculations for you, spring up occassional surprises with some money to spoil her a little, but never disclose its sources, lol
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by k1banty(m): 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2008
@post

a lady should be your girlfriend

If na my girlfriend, i will let her know 60% of my worth (income inclusive). Who knows? She might just bring an idea that may take you a step forward (trust me)

but

if na wife, you can't hide from her for that long. one way or the other she will find out. It's always good for a wife to know should something bad (God forbid) happen.
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2008
k1banty:

@post

If na my girlfriend, i will let her know 60% of my worth (income inclusive). Who knows? She might just bring an idea that may take you a step forward (trust me)

but

if na wife, you can't hide from her for that long. one way or the other she will find out. It's always good for a wife to know should something bad (God forbid) happen.

Ha, at last something we can agree on.
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by Busybody2(f): 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ Topic

If I was a man, no I would not tell my lady nada cool
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by spikedcylinder: 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
Most of the men yarning here would almost die if they found out their wives only told them about 70% of their incomes.
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by mikkyphp(m): 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2008
@spikedcyliner
it boils down to the old adage "the truth is bitter"
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by spikedcylinder: 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2008
mikkyphp:

@spikedcyliner
it boils down to the old adage "the truth is bitter"

Oh ok! I get it. . . . . .these people dont like being lied to but they lie?

Ok, I lied. I DON'T get it.
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2008
Busy_body:

@ Topic

If I was a man, no I would not tell my lady nada cool

Iyalode, e buru po o. Thank say u no be man!!!
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by richo(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
there is this useless girl i dated! we cud go on a spendin spree and i spend N18,000 in one hour and the next day she brings her stupid nyash to ask for cash av chased the stupid idiot away i will never tell any girl haw much i get untill i marry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by MrCrackles(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2008
richo:

there is this useless girl i dated! we cud go on a spendin spree and i spend N18,000 in one hour and the next day she brings her stupid nyash to ask for cash av chased the stupid idiot away i will never tell any girl haw much i get untill i marry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

grin grin
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by mikkyphp(m): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2008
@richo
LMAO, grin

Join the LEGION,
Say YES to dating only Aje-butters (Less stress per-time) and a capital NO to dating Pakos (buy me this, buy me dat syndrome)

to sign up call 1-800- AJE-BUTTER now!!!

late registration attracts a fee!!!
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by richo(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2008
infact the tin still de pain me!! i feel like takin the 16hr trip back to naija and spittin on her stupid face!!! angry angry angry angry
i was so angry i told her i would leave if she ddnt sleep with my best friend!after 3days of quarellin she agreed and i dumped her on the spot,after my sex luvin friend fired her to death. but i still dnt feel even angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry she sapped up to 100,000 naira from me
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by tope2000(f): 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2008
richo:

infact the tin still de pain me!! i feel like takin the 16hr trip back to naija and spittin on her stupid face!!! angry angry angry angry
i was so angry i[b] told her i would leave if she ddnt sleep with my best friend!after 3days of quarellin she agreed and i dumped her on the spot[/b], but i still dnt feel even angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry she sapped up to 100,000 naira from me

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
u are a very bad boy grin
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by richo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2008
yes at least my friend gave me 5grand to fire her! she is wat i call a beautiful thief
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by sistawoman: 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2008
k1banty:

@post

but

I agree wit ya
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2008
riche enough of the mouth na ! grin grin grin tongue
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by tope2000(f): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2008
richo:

yes at least my friend gave me 5grand to fire her! she is what i call a beautiful thief

u should have been her love-vendor, to pay back all the money u spent grin
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by MrCrackles(m): 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2008
tope2000:

u should have been her love-vendor, to pay back all the money u spent grin

haha
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by richo(m): 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2008
yes maybe i'll tell her i'll make it up to her and send her to italy young money cash money wink
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by spikedcylinder: 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ richo,

I got lost somewhere in the middle of your story. Did you say she agreed to be "fired" by your friend? She really agreed? Was she your girlfriend or just a "runs" girl a.k.a "Omo Aiye"?
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 01, 2009
@ Post, i'm not against my Hubby having coded assets, as long as i can have mine in peace. No double standards!
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by TheSeeker(m): 6:33am On Jul 01, 2009
I will let her know how much I earn and how much I am worth but that's only if I'm married to her already. If she's just a girlfriend, I might just let her know how much I earn depending on the depth of my relationship with her. Even if I do let her know and she shoots up her demands, I'd still maintain that I can't spend that much money, besides I'm working my ass off not to pay her needs but to make something meaningful out of life.
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by biola44: 7:54am On Jul 01, 2009
how much i earn/worth is none of my gf's biz tongue, my wife will surely know what i earn n i dont think she can keep up with my worth since i expect it 2 be increasing, 4 me money is abt discipline n i always stick 2 my budget which nobody can make me alter, so if my wife's reasonable she'll no evry n if not i'll cut her off my info gradually grin
i guess there is no space 4 joint account in all of dis grin cheesy
Re: Men: Would You Tell Your Lady How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? by TheSeeker(m): 8:06am On Jul 01, 2009
biola44:

how much i earn/worth is none of my gf's biz tongue, my wife will surely know what i earn n i dont think she can keep up with my worth since i expect it 2 be increasing, 4 me money is abt discipline n i always stick 2 my budget which nobody can make me alter, so if my wife's reasonable she'll no evry n if not i'll cut her off my info gradually grin
i guess there is no space 4 joint account in all of dis grin cheesy

Very factual! Hell NO to joint account

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Add Someone You Don't Know Well On Facebook? / If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? / Virgin's Boyfriend Visits Lovepeddlers. Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.