Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,806 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? (2584 Views)

Would You Ever Cheat In A Relationship? / Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 09, 2012
Some folks are not in a relationship for many different reasons.

If you are currently not in a relationship, why not? Is it cuz you don't believe in love? You haven't found the one? Scared of commitment? too stuck up? Too stoopid/naive to handle a relationship? The list goes on pls start listing.

This is just suppose to be a fun thread.
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Heineken(m): 10:28am On Jan 09, 2012
i'm nt in love rokiatu and i dnt rily knw d reason y. I tried 2 figure out d reason bt its jt not comin. I feel my not bin in luv is cos of gals problems et al. Demandin 4 tins,disturbin u wen u want 2 be alone n stuffs lyk dat.
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by vb0mb(m): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2012
Most girls see relationship as a means of transfering their burdens on men. And this makes most men to backout (including me since the last 2 months)
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Dyt(f): 10:46am On Jan 09, 2012
Cos v nt found dat man dat cld mk me smile even at d worse moments of my lyf
jst lost d one dat wz all few wks back
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by MrCork17: 10:54am On Jan 09, 2012
rokiatu:

Some folks are not in a relationship for many different reasons.

If you are currently not in a relationship, why not? Is it cuz you don't believe in love? You haven't found the one? Scared of commitment? too stuck up? Too stoopid/naive to handle a relationship? The list goes on pls start listing.

This is just suppose to be a fun thread.

which fun? angry
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 09, 2012
Some reasons i have heard. . .
*It's not by force. . .
*I just ended a messy relationship. . .
*My heart is still broken from my last relationship. . .
*I believe in love, and i like to use my head when heading into a relationship. . .
*I have found the one, but i have to make sure she is the "right one", else i'll be worse off!
*I'm not scared of commitment, but no one was born ready. . .
*Relationships requires time, and i may not have that time right now. . .
*Being in a relationship doesnt make me a better person. . .
*Neither does your being in a relationship make you better than i am. . .
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by MrsChima1(f): 11:38am On Jan 09, 2012
When I am in the bathroom, I am not in a relationship. cool
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 09, 2012
^^^
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by IZUKWU(m): 11:47am On Jan 09, 2012
I cannot afford one cos most girls atleast where am based see having a boyfriend as a source of income. Told the last one that she is not my responsibility and she ran.she was demanding for money to learn hair dressing and i told her to ask her parents as they are still both alive.smiley
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by MrsChima1(f): 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
sexkillz:

^^^

When I am on the toilet I am having me time. Is that okay with you?

I have noticed when you tell Nigerian men on this site, you want some me time, they think you are cheating with another man! SMH.
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by MrCork17: 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2012
relationship with a black woman is a NO NO! angry
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Wislet(f): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
IZUKWU:

I cannot afford one cos most girls atleast where am based see having a boyfriend as a source of income. Told the last one that she is not my responsibility and she ran.she was demanding for money to learn hair dressing and i told her to ask her parents as they are still both alive.smiley
cheesy
vb0mb:

Most girls see relationship as a means of transfering their burdens on men. And this makes most men to backout (including me since the last 2 months)
grin
Heineken:

i'm nt in love rokiatu and i dnt rily knw d reason y. I tried 2 figure out d reason bt its jt not comin. I feel my not bin in luv is cos of gals problems et al. Demandin 4 tins,disturbin u wen u want 2 be alone n stuffs lyk dat.
hehehehehe grin grin
una head dey dere.
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Wislet(f): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
Mr, Cork:

relationship with a black woman is a NO NO! angry
we know already tongue
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Yorisb: 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
@Topic

Well, I relate to and only Transsexuals lipsrsealed and they are scarcely available from 'this part' of the world hence I'm not in a relationship. angry

It's genetic. It's not a flaw!

Xcuse me pass jare!
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by lovelydoll: 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
haven't found the right guy ,get hit on by to many weirdos, and i always end up meeting stupid men.
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
^^^
Even your Mali boys? grin
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by MrCork17: 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2012
might consider a black babe for once actually. if I can find any with real hair!! angry
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by IZUKWU(m): 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
Wislet:

cheesygrin hehehehehe grin grin
una head dey dere.
care to explain or elaborate
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by queensmith: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
some people think when a woman is not in a relationship there is something wrong with her?

some people are deluded.

a relationship isnt everyones all in all no other when it comes to life. something about keeping your eye on the prize, most of the time its easier without the drama of a romantic affair.
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by 25omega(m): 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
queensmith:

some people think when a woman is not in a relationship there is something wrong with her?

some people are deluded.

a relationship isnt everyones all in all no other when it comes to life. something about keeping your eye on the prize, most of the time its easier without the drama of a romantic affair.
well not to pour fuel on the ignorant fire, but when a woman is really good looking and all but she is single for months or years how can you expect people not to wonder?

personally i wonder if she is over the last guy she was with or i wonder what it is about her that continues to turn off the guys she dates( mind you this is from a guys perspective) i also wonder about how crazy she must be because guys are running from her. Also there is that intimidation factor as in she looks really good and would i be good enough for her?

these are just thoughts
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Cuddlemii: 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2012
@op

I think most people are not in a relationship because they don't have a social life. People don't know it but most people hardly go out, mix up or even have friends. Some are workaholics or nerds or very shy. Some were probably caged and over protected while growing up with unrealistic tales from their parents to scare them off men, so when they became wiser and older, it was already late to fit in. So how the hell do you expect people like that to adapt in the real/outside world let alone sustain a relationship.

I just noticed that, this factor was hardly addressed on here. So I decided to chip it in. Seriously, you look at some guys and girls and wonder why these ones are single, it does not make sense in reality but these people don't make themselves available to be toasted as they are either too busy, too timid, too shy or lack the experience of a relationship. Some people don't even know what the adjacent street to their street looks like or even the name of the street at the back of their house because they only get up go to go school and back home or go to church or work and back home. Some even have people that run all the errands for them so they never step out.

Thanks to the internet that has made relationships and hook ups possible, such that, you can even cum(climax) from your sit without seeing the guy/girl you are talking to. The internet is now reliant like that, you can attach emotions and get the satisfaction from your sit or bed. We all know not all internet hook-ups are exploitation-proof.

I mean how do you remedy people who don't have a life beyond the classroom, internet, church and workplace? People don't mingle when single cheesy grin
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by queensmith: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
that makes sense omega but i personally dont see how its an issue with women and not with men.
men are allowed to take thier time and enjoy life, cant women?

I do see why one will wonder a little bit but I dont think it should lead people to assume theres something wrong. if anything i think theres more wrong with a woman that cannot be single, clinging to a man thats no good or jumping from one dude to another.

thats just me sha, its rather insulting when a dude asks why your single. massive turn off! lol
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by 25omega(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2012
queensmith:

that makes sense omega but i personally[b] dont see how its an issue with women and not with men.[/b]

I do see why one will wonder a little bit but I dont think it should lead people to assume theres something wrong. if anything i think theres more wrong with a woman that cannot be single, clinging to a man thats no good or jumping from one dude to another.

thats just me sha, its rather insulting when a dude asks why your single. massive turn off! lol
the bold: well our societies say men must do the chasing and women must be modest when it comes to relationships so women might be wondering why a good looking guy is single but they would never say anything or just think he must be a player. But a man would ask around about a good looking girl and try to find out all the info he can.

Actually to be honest besides men wondering it's mostly women that put a negative spin on a good looking woman who is single. they would say things like oh she thinks she's too good or she probably is divorced or for her to be that good looking and be single she either cant have kids or she must be sick.
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by LordReed(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
@ Dyt
shocked What happened to kalaba boi? shocked
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Wislet(f): 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
IZUKWU:

care to explain or elaborate
means u guyz re smart.
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by MrCork17: 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
might start off with Wislet. At least she looks white (long hair) wink
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
No i'm not single and i hope i'm not getting to deep into this but. . .

i think ppl using the words "love" and "relationship" loosely is what causes people
especially in our generation, to refuse to even consider both which makes it difficult for those
who still believe in love/relationships because they are falling for people who turn it into a game.
Best way not to get hurt these days is to do the hurting or to avoid it all together.

for all else they simply work too hard  tongue
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Wislet(f): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
Mr, Cork:

might start off with Wislet. At least she looks white (long hair) wink
I look white honey? grin
am gonna have to get u some goggles wink.
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Mynd44: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
I am still waiting for BABE!
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by MrCork17: 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
Mynd_44:

I am still waiting for BABE!

which babe? u berrra back off my woman!! angry
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by IamChiboi(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
H lovely doll i myt jst be d ryt guy 4 u
Re: If You Are Not In A Relationship, Why Not? by Evagreenfields: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
queensmith:

that makes sense omega but i personally dont see how its an issue with women and not with men.

on point. People just jump into unnecessary conclusions. Am single because nearly everyone that asks me out is either married or in a very serious relationship.i cant b 'the other woman'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will I Ever Find A Husband? / My Fiance Is A Witch / 12 Signs To Know That You Are In Love[must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.