Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? (15572 Views)

Avoid These Phrases When You Are Quitting Your Job / 10 Things You Must Do Before Quitting Your Job To Start Your Company / Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
nenergy:

You've spoken my mind. Stayed with my employer for 3 years and finally got the courage to leave in August. I haven't found a better offer and I'm doing freelance work till I find someone willing to pay me my worth. Thanks for sharing your story.

Welcome much, I pray you the very best! And to think I was almost taking off the post after typing, lol! Tried n tried but couldn't but hey whatever, I'm glad it did encourage someone.

Regards n cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
LeJeun3:

Congratulations for the courage to take this bold step........ I was in ur shoes a while back, remaining customer centric wasnt my problem cos I loved satisfying the customer, going the extra mile, but heck it was wasnt enough, they kept changing parameters till I upped and left. Got another almost immediately, stayed on it and the as the cycle began to repeat itself, I went Solo..... Havent regreted doing so.

It is not for the fainthearted to try this, but I swear to you that you will survive.

Thank you for the encouragement mate.

I wrote you a missive but it somehow disappeared. Like u rightly pointed out its really not for the faint hearted, you must be guts ridden to do such lol and as they always say; nothing ventured, nothing gained and if you never try, you never know.

I also got two offers and contemplating but that I really want I'm sure is right around the corner Insha Allah( no, I'm not muslim, I just like the phrase so much as everything is really by God's grace).
Between I didn't get your pm to me...

Cheers!
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by nenergy(m): 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
dazzle101:

Welcome much, I pray you the very best! And to think I was almost taking off the post after typing, lol! Tried n tried but couldn't but hey whatever, I'm glad it did encourage someone.

Regards n cheers!
Hahahaha. I know the feeling, coz I've taken off an entire post before grin . I am glad you didn't. We're like minded and I'll like to connect more. PM'd you.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by iceberylin(m): 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
Sorry to derail, but you are very very dark. The darkest I've seen in my life

Awww..my Friend that has forgotten me sad
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by zeb04(f): 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
I hate my job, it has made me depressed God knows. I work Monday to Saturdays everyday including Christmas days, sallahbreaks. the thing is I earn over 200k which is quite much for a single lady but money isn't everything. just this Saturday my boss told me to come today Sunday. that's is when I started to regret I wasn't a witch. I am thinking about quitting.

1 Like

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Sunnypar(m): 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
zeb04:
I hate my job, it has made me depressed God knows. I work Monday to Saturdays everyday including Christmas days, sallahbreaks. the thing is I earn over 200k which is quite much for a single lady but money isn't everything. just this Saturday my boss told me to come today Sunday. that's is when I started to regret I wasn't a witch. I am thinking about quitting.
Can we trade places?
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
kaysunnex:
The poster above me has wrote all my predicament. It's as if she was describing my life. I got this job immediately after NYSC n jst because i didnt want 2 go bck home after NYSC i hv bn managing it as d stress cant be explained n d pay is no different frm factory worker take home. Its more dan 7months nw n hv failed numerous job tests n interviews jst cos i had no time 2 prepare. I am depressed almost evryday as my boss is nt helping situatn. He knws my qualificatns yet he fictimizes me everyday. I hav decided 2 leave d job latest by march next yr either i get a new one or nt. But i am also scared hw i wil survive as going bck hme is nt an option for me.

Take a leap of faith and get your freedom back. Fear is False Experiences Appearing Real.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
LeJeun3:

Congratulations for the courage to take this bold step........ I was in ur shoes a while back, remaining customer centric wasnt my problem cos I loved satisfying the customer, going the extra mile, but heck it was wasnt enough, they kept changing parameters till I upped and left. Got another almost immediately, stayed on it and the as the cycle began to repeat itself, I went Solo..... Havent regreted doing so.

It is not for the fainthearted to try this, but I swear to you that you will survive.
Lost your contact boss
How have you been?
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
Sunnypar:
Can we trade places?
lolz...no dull
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Google63(m): 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
[quote author=dazzle101 post=40943472][/quote]
I can totally relate to what you passed through. I took the same step in June, and everybody advised against it. They kept telling me to continue too. I took the bull by the horns, and resigned. I'm very much better now, and I ll never sacrifice my peace of mind and we'll being for any crazy job.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by witorwitoutyou(m): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
D mistake we job seekers make is we pray to God to give us work instead to ask 4 Alubarika(favour,sucess)

If God kan grant oour prayer wc is work,we go dey complain again

Advice...If u want to ask anytin 4rm God,Be explicit abt what u want God to do 4 Yu
I.e dere's a big diff in asking 4 a child/ Blessed Child from God,like wise d issue of work,dont ask God 4 Work,instead seek his favour

6 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by ZeroTolerance: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
dazzle101:
Sorry, no reasons at all and no regrets too, just up and went, quit the job of 9months, it wasn't making any sense to me no more, had become practically disgruntled, sick, tired, fed up of the life threatening situation. I was losing it, didn't have no peace, was sick everyday but alas each morning I rise up really early and rush out, like the drone I had been propelled to become, I work all through and am expected to keep on a plastic smile in a bid to remain customer centric, return home and I can barely keep still to feed myself, bathe n get enough rest before the break of dawn the next day and the cycle begins all over. No time to even eat until ulcer became a familiar caller. Of course no one knew what I was going through but me. Asked a couple of colleagues, friends and anyone that meant something to get an opinion and everyone; Aaah u want to quit ur job, the country is hard o, see this small girl, what of us that have been here for 8-9yrs, no raise no promotion? My dear please try to manage Oooh, that's how the country is and u have no choice, besides there are many people looking for this opportunity and u want to pass it up. Noooo please don't, continue managing and keep on applying(where was the time to even look out for another vacancy) I tire.

Hmmmmm what was a girl to do? I braced up took d laws into my own hands. Waited for pay day for the month, wrote the darned resignation and signed off. Everyone was aghast, all sorts were said and done but hey; the earlier the better plus life is just too short, no? Between my umblical chord wasn't tied to that organisation or any other for starters.

Funny but the world didn't seize to be and life went on, I was glad I took my freedom back. Today I am happy I did what I did and with other opportunities abound, I remember to thank the Creator who has been merciful.

P:S -. I will never settle for less again, will continue trying and pushing and praying till I get what I deserve from the universe grin grin

OP thank u for this thread, the company I left is still recruiting and there's even a fresh thread on them with everyone scampering to get in, but little do they know and each time I go thru the thread and read their genuine interest at the offer I feel bad all over again as they know not what they are vying for.

The exploitation of graduates have got to end!!!
You just summed up my situation, especially concerning people's comment when you talk about resignation and the part where you asked about the time to look for another job.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
employers exploit their workers with low pay and poor working condition because they are fully aware of the labour market behavior in Nigeria. if u can't handle the heat and go out of the kitchen many more are in line to take your position. this problem I think is partly sheard by the government and graduates of this country. why always wait for government to give you jobs? why can't you strive to do something and possibly become an employer yourself? mind u that's how country's develop and not have its youth depending on white collar jobs all the time. if you can take a loan and start a business even if u are employed because it will give u that added income u need to stay afloat. thats my opinion anyways.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by fascowilly(m): 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
Sorry to derail, but you are very very dark. The darkest I've seen in my life
How senator's child.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Arsenate(m): 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
My job is OK... I just hate the city where it is located; Lagos.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by akaahs(m): 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
No challenge, you know Government work na. Just sitting in office waiting for work to come which is not forthcoming since my appointment. Planning of joining two job next year in order maximize my time. Imagine a Civil Engineer sitting in office for 5 months.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2015
Google63:

I can totally relate to what you passed through. I took the same step in June, and everybody advised against it. They kept telling me to continue too. I took the bull by the horns, and resigned. I'm very much better now, and I ll never sacrifice my peace of mind and we'll being for any crazy job.

Way to go and may God bless ur hustle
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
zeb04:

Awwwww terribly sorry honey! Why not pray to God to tell you what to do cos that's the first step and He'll surely direct you proper.

Namaste
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
nenergy:

Hahahaha. I know the feeling, coz I've taken off an entire post before grin . I am glad you didn't. We're like minded and I'll like to connect more. PM'd you.

Man, I really dunno about the pm stuff, I can't read them. What do I do mbok, not been so long on here.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by akanbiaa(m): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
Exploitation have reached unimaginable heights, something really need to be done.
these are things some dont even know happens to show how wicked some employers are
1. Salary barely above transportation
2. Criminal and Illegal terms and conditions i call slave form.
3. paying one month or more salary to the organisation if you decide to leave
4. giving 3 months or more notice before leaving
5. Deducting money for no reason from the already meagre salary, can you imagine a Teacher missing 1 week salary out of the 25k per month because she did not assist the cleaners to clean up the premises after
speech and price giving day, and also 1 week deducted for coming late during reumption period and some other ridicoulous or no reason.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
iceberylin:

Awww..my Friend that has forgotten me sad
My baby boo of life, how can I forget you? I'm always reading your posts na
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
fascowilly:

How senator's child.
Huh?
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by iceberylin(m): 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
My baby boo of life, how can I forget you? I'm always reading your posts na

A boobae that doesn't keep in touch cry
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
iceberylin:

A boobae that doesn't keep in touch cry
i sent you a message on Bbm but it didn't deliver. Have you changed pin??
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by IMO22(m): 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
Yes I am. Grabbed this job with both hands after NYSC. Called myself lucky but barely six months on I wish I never did. My job requires a lot of road trips. Had two ghastly accidents Nd several life-threatening Nd devastating situations.Too many redundant staff on uniform payroll.I literally work all week without lubrication/incentive all cos my superiors believe I'm d best hand 4 d jobs.Say a word Nd u'll b reminded how privileged u re 2 b a team member. Most annoying is that everyone thinks I'm better off with d job regardless.My social life is gone Nd I don't even gave any pecuniary benefit 2 show 4 dat.Most times I'm grateful Africans aren't born suicidal cos I'hv had my moments.Patiently waiting 4 d year 2 round up b4 I drop d bomb.Enof of d exploitation of d Nigerian youth.@ op, thanks 4 d thread, it feels good 2 get some stuffs off ur chest.#IfIPerishIPerish

7 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by iceberylin(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
i sent you a message on Bbm but it didn't deliver. Have you changed pin??
Yeah..i lost my phone..

My num is on my profile..holla me on WhatsApp.. wink
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
NORAD:

Take a leap of faith and get your freedom back. Fear is False Experiences Appearing
Real.

Word brother, preach!!! grin
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by ifeomaekol(f): 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Very frustrated,a 2.1 graduate earning 20k...and even th salary is not forthcoming....by january ..am leaving...God will take care of his people....I know and believe my future is bright...all these manage this or that sometimes limits someone's ability...no one knows tomorrow....slave jobs everywhere
like u read my mind------jan wnt pass me by-------so tired of a job dt brings no peace of mind.
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by musco4me: 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
If u work wit a wicked manager and cunny colleagues, u will regret it. Dats wat am facing!

5 Likes

Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by Emmaesty(f): 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2015
iceberylin:

Yeah..i lost my phone..

My num is on my profile..holla me on WhatsApp.. wink
Alright dear grin grin
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by babyfaceafrica: 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2015
ifeomaekol:
like u read my mind------jan wnt pass me by-------so tired of a job dt brings no peace of mind.
its annoying...its frustrating whn people who are not in ur shoes will say manage this.its better than nothing....sometimes its bttr to be jobless than to be a slave
Re: Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? by iceberylin(m): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
Emmaesty:
Alright dear grin grin
V missed u sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Major In Petroleum Engineering Or Chemical Engineering? / Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program / Lagos State Ministry Of Health Sacks Health Care Workers In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.