Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? (41021 Views)

He Killed His Wife After Going Through this Picture. / GOING THROUGH A DEVASTATING BREAK UP. Please Help Me Friends!! Am Dying Silently / Snooping On Your Partner's Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

she's still getting it wrong by saying she won't be dating a liar in the first place..

A liar, thief, fraudster, woman beater and what have you won't tell you they are all those..
Make she leave matter for Matthias

smiley.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 11:25am On Dec 17, 2015
YourMain:

I've enough experience to last me forever and a day.

Yes. But you are aware of the guy before you started dating him. The only reason you're snooping is cause you don't trust him. If you find nothing the trust won't just suddenly develop. It's so much more effective if you just told the guy you're uncomfortable and why. And if he loved you enough he'd change .

No oo! I think it's utterly disrespectful. I know the kind of person I am and if I ever had a man snoop on me to find out something bad about me I'd 100% be done with him. Because trust will not be the biggest thing we will encounter. We're not on a battlefield. We're on the same side of the team. We will have other problems and are you going to solve them by spying on me ? What? It's such atrocious behavior. Will you ask for a DNA test to verify our child is ours ?
lol at you have enough experience to last you..
In the datin/marriage game and what have you, nobody is an encyclopedia.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 11:27am On Dec 17, 2015
Timbuktou:

Nna, you must check o. Forget all that trust talk. Trust, but verify. Nigerian girls are not playing. Believe them at your own peril. Any man that doesnt fùck a Nigerian babe with a condom is either very brave or very naive. It will end on tears.
very true sir.. people lie n pretend alot on here.

I don't take what they say too serious..
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

lol at you have enough experience to last you..
In the datin/marriage game and what have you, nobody is an encyclopedia.

Well if experience is the best teacher. Then I'm fine.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2015
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by repogirl(f): 11:33am On Dec 17, 2015
YourMain:

I've enough experience to last me forever and a day.

Yes. But you are aware of the guy before you started dating him. The only reason you're snooping is cause you don't trust him. If you find nothing the trust won't just suddenly develop. It's so much more effective if you just told the guy you're uncomfortable and why. And if he loved you enough he'd change .
Trust is earned and not written on the fore head. How can I know what to communicate about if on the outside the guy seems to be a saint? You don live in his head/ heart to know what he really is about?

I am married.

In the beginning and of our courtship, I used to snoop through his phones, just to get an idea of who he was. I had no reason not to trust him. Even after he travelled out of the country for almost two years, I knew who he was, so I was very secure.

Now, a few years into marriage, I was snooping one day and came across a Skype chat with some corper girl in his office which I believed was inappropriate and I told him about it. He laughed it off that it was nothing and was just joking with the girl but I told him it wasn't right and such jokes were not funny.

Another time he was joking with some colleagues where they were discussing some inappropriate stuff and I let him know that I wasn't comfy with such jokes.

Since then I haven't seen any inappropriate chats to any female or with any of his colleagues.

I still go through his devices once a while as I have his password and vise versa, he knows I snoop, I dont hide it.

He has never given me a reason not to trust him but even then, I will still check, if only to help maintain him.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by repogirl(f): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

she's still getting it wrong by saying she won't be dating a liar in the first place..

A liar, thief, fraudster, woman beater and what have you won't tell you they are all those..
Make she leave matter for Matthias
exactly.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:
Do you think going through your partner's phone once a while is right and can you allow your partner go through yours??

As for me , use to hate the habit though I don't have problem with anyone going through my phone until I discovered something years back..

My opinion is simple, Check if you want to check especially if you feeling suspicious or you getting less affection and time from ur partner.

Only people who have something to hide will not allow you check and I don't see what's there to hide form my partner except I have an ulterior motive

why I think it's right if you want to is simple..
It can save from cheating partner, deceitful relationship, heartbreak, disease, forced pregnancy etc etc

CAVEAT Be prepared and be strong to take or face anything you see..
i dont see anything wrong in it. Im currently in a serious relationship with my babe so occasionaly, i check her fone . Im planning to marry her , i need to know the kind of person im dealing with. She also checks my phone. When i first did it, i found som stuffs, i confronted her, she was dating another guy,collecting money frm him bt they never met. She was furious and suprised that i could check her fone, but i dragged the matter with her and she started begging and crying, we settled it. Since then, she also check ma fone. Not a big deal #check and balance.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2015
repogirl:
Trust is earned and not written on the fore head. How can I know what to communicate about if on the outside the guy seems to be a saint? You don live in his head/ heart to know what he really is about?

I am married.

In the beginning and of our courtship, I used to snoop through his phones, just to get an idea of who he was. I had no reason not to trust him. Even after he travelled out of the country for almost two years, I knew who he was, so I was very secure.

Now, a few years into marriage, I was snooping one day and came across a Skype chat with some corper girl in his office which I believed was inappropriate and I told him about it. He laughed it off that it was nothing and was just joking with the girl but I told him it wasn't right and such jokes were not funny.

Another time he was joking with some colleagues where they were discussing some inappropriate stuff and I let him know that I wasn't comfy with such jokes.

Since then I haven't seen any inappropriate chats to any female or with any of his colleagues.

I still go through his devices once a while as I have his password and vise versa, he knows I snoop, I dont hide it.

He has never given me a reason not to trust him but even then, I will still check, if only to help maintain him.

Well I'm not one to decide how your marriage should and shouldn't work. But for me. That's just not something I would do.

I'm not married but my mum lived away from my dad for 13 years. My mum wouldn't see my dad for years at a time. And she had 100% faith in him. I think that represents love a lot more than having to spy. My father is not the type of man to ever cheat or flirt but that's not written on his forehead. She knew the kind of man he was. She never had to check his phone or ask for Facebook passwords and whatnot. And my parents have the best communication I've ever seen in a couple. When situations arise my parents will always talk about it, they can always put eachother feelings into consideration. Not plotting.

I personally just think that's a waaaaay better way to learn to trust a person. I'd rather come in with an open mind.

My past relationships have taught me a lot. Messages can be deleted. You can be snooping daily and he can still be cheating on you. I just with my feelings. And if I don't like the way I feel and I tell him and nothing changes then I leave. It's a win win situation for me too.

2 Likes

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:
wink

I've been in a relationship with a liar a theif a fraudster and a woman beater. I still wouldn't ever snoop on anyone I claimed to love today.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2015
YourMain:

Well if experience is the best teacher. Then I'm fine.
lol .. experience is not the only teacher
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2015
double post
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

lol .. experience is not the only teacher

Well. If you say so.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by McTobe(m): 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
misspicy:

ehen you are a spy right,

Fara.no come and see one,he is spying on us undecided
I have been spying on u since 1900 gringringrin and it gladdens my heart
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by McTobe(m): 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
misspicy:

lol gringrin

this assignment you want to gif me so,I will charge you o tongue
Ama pay...meanwhile see endtime weight check method>> You can now check your weight on your phone; just dial
*158#, put it on ground then stand on your phone, if you
want accurate reading, just jump on it and quickly check
out the readings. No need to thank me for this just hold the thankgrin
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by bobituss: 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
except she wants to play game with my phone, why would she go through my phone to check my messages? even though I don't have anything to hide, to me, it is sheer expression of distrust

1 Like

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by judette(f): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
MzPecs:
I don't have a problem with my partner going through my phone.

I only have a problem with checking my partner's phone cos who never can tell, I don't wanna have heart attack biko! gringringrin

me too

1 Like

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by missyadorable(f): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
NewSheriff:
Wow
Why can't you allow someone you're romantically involved with even your husband check your phone yet you don't have a problem with other persons checking your phone? Aren't you supposed to be open to each other?

Our openness to each other isn't with our phones...If I check his phone,i must "see something"...and since I can't check his phone,he must not touch mine
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by missyadorable(f): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
misspicy:

really? shocked lol grin

Yes! Stop feeling good about being main chic when you are not married! Men are very funny and good actors! The so called side chic may end up being the wife while madam main chic gets dumped!
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

very true sir.. people lie n pretend alot on here.

I don't take what they say too serious..

Lol. Please, don't. Nairalanders are the holiest of humans... until another scandal pops up
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by misspicy(f): 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
McTobe:
Ama pay...meanwhile see endtime weight check method>> You can now check your weight on your phone; just dial
*158#, put it on ground then stand on your phone, if you
want accurate reading, just jump on it and quickly check
out the readings. No need to thank me for this just hold the thankgrin
$5000 per mention tongue

end time weight loss check undecided
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by misspicy(f): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
McTobe:
I have been spying on u since 1900 gringringrin and it gladdens my heart
shocked

now am scared for my life, am I safe?
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by CoCoLav(f): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
tolutweety:

Now I see why you kept asking for my fone all the times we were together. undecided

Yes...and you broke my heart!
You were having an affair with Nkechi! Still unbelievable.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by ajademola2000(m): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
Oliviaarims:
In my opinion, I'd say that if ur relationship seems perfect enough, then it's better to save urself the trouble of going through his phone... Because there's every likelihood u may see sth that wouldn't go down well with u, even if it's not sth actually bad. It may just be some silly jokes he makes with his female friends, or a particular girl he talks with quite often or usual guys - talk.

But when u see stuffs like that, u'd most certainly get irked up and strt nursing unnecessary doubts. So, my dear, unless u suspect foul play, pls don't snoop around.

Your opinion ain't bad, by the way.. you look beautiful and your face looks familiar
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by marix1: 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
"Make N50,000 Weekly in Nigeria Guarantee, Do you run your life or does your job runs yours? The Experts say that 90% of people hate the job they are into......... Sincerely if you keep doing what you are doing then you may eventually end up with the same or worse results in a constant rat race. The best SOLUTION is to Join NOB7 PLATFORM with one time Payment of just 2000 naira today and be Receiving the Credit Alerts from your Bank Forever. Seeing is Believing. For More Details and REGISTRATION, Click here, http://nigeriaonlinebusiness.com?genemarix1 and in your Sponsor username put genemarix1 Thanks!!!
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by tolutweety(m): 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
CoCoLav:

Yes...and you broke my heart!
You were having an affair with Nkechi! Still unbelievable.

wha....at !!! shocked shocked angry
Don't tell me you believed all the stuff you saw on my fone. embarassed
Person no fit just play with another lady again.. embarassed cry

Gimme chance make i gum your broken heart together again na. cry cry smiley
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by gcof(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
AfroKnight:
Me I have not done it before. I nor wan see wetin go pain me. My phone is accessible to my babe. But she too doesn't care about my messages and chats.

She be woman. I know there are guys who would be toasting her, sending love messages and all and me I don't want to see that nonsense make I no I vex curse somebody destiny. grin (just kidding).
hahahahaa its not about the messages she get , its about her reply to those messages
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
nkemdi89:

I am not legally tied down, so it's legally and criminally for him to be going through my phone,is not every secret of your life you share with your friend, there are some family and official issues you may have converse on your phone, because of his prying attitude I don't feel comfortable keeping those things on my phone, he should know before he was there others have been trying to make move, I won't make them enemies because of him. He was only being insecure.

The fact that he marries you does not mean he can't divorce you. What am saying is, u being girlfriend sound unofficial to you, and u want that paper/document saying you are married. This is not like olden days, if you guys get married and he is tired of you, he can still divorce you/ or cheat on you. So you want to do it right the first time, no rushing. Keep your options opened, just shows that you would marry anybody that gives you a ring. You shouldn't dwell too deep in the fantasy of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
cheerycoco:
Well,i go through my boyfriend's phone like every second i have an opportunity,i read his messages,watsapp,facebook,vault messages,and the truth is that i do it mostly involuntarily,sometimes i try so hard not to touch his phone but i can't control it. I know he luvs me and i luv him but he cheats on me,he tries to hide it by using vault to hide all the calls and messages but i still unlock them,sometimes i stay awake all night when i visit him to browse the phone and i don't know how to stop,i get hurt everytime i go tru his phone. I called 2a of those girls and warn them to leave him alone and i know they report it to him but he will never ask me and he will still behave normal as if he didn't hear anything.I know u guys will advice me to leave him but i can't because i have a phobia of loneliness.and i am so used to him and i love him.

Have a conversation with him, tell him how you feel. Tell him he shouldn't use Vault or any lock apps, to hide his messages. Ask him if he is cheating? If he doesn't do any of this things, or he has been cheating, then you shouldn't waste your time in the relationship. Just move on, it will be hard, but its for the better.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by tervishi(m): 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
If I find anything suspicious, I will also start acting and keeping suspicious stuff, also making sure she sees them.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by nkemdi89(f): 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
ikp4succes:

The fact that he marries you does not mean he can't divorce you. What am saying is, u being girlfriend sound unofficial to you, and u want that paper/document saying you are married. This is not like olden days, if you guys get married and he is tired of you, he can still divorce you/ or cheat on you. So you want to do it right the first time, no rushing. Keep your options opened, just shows that you would marry anybody that gives you a ring. You shouldn't dwell too deep in the fantasy of marriage.
You don't understand my point, going through someone's phone is criminal, there should be some boundaries when one is in a relationship. What if he uses the details he gets from my phone against me? Am not a Disney Princess that sees relationship as all and all, it's contractual and if any of the party can't keep to the terms and conditions, it's pertinent for dissolution to take place in the relationship.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by shalom4eva(m): 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
Yea i acept its nt gud 2snoop xpecialy in a relationship dts open, bt nt when there is a CHANGE IN CHARACTER,true smetyms we may hv flirt comunications (calls,txts,chats) wth smeone who is nt our lover nd we maynot mean 2hv anything 2do wth such person, bt do u knw dat temptation cmes 2a man who mkes himself a target 4it? if u continue flirtin dt guy/gal nd say its jst 2wyl away tym,there is no tym u wont fall 2temptation. so my advice alway tel anybody nd everybody how u nd ur partner luv each oda, hv his/her pic on ur fone nd dnt try 2hide his/her identity frm anybody. there is nothing dt makes a wooer loose interest in u than dis,trust me it realy wrks. if u do dis to each oda then u hv a trust worthy relationship. most guy wooers wil persist sha, bt if u truely luv ur guy kip mentionin how luvin he is, dt wooer go stil tire nd leave u alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dumps Girlfriend Who Tattooed His Face On Her Arm / Ladies, How Do You Decline Giving Guys Your Contact? / Man Disappointed After His Girlfriend Left His House Without Washing The Dishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.