Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road (81384 Views)

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shites Members To Clear The Road / The Moment When Burutai Was Begging Shiites For Way And When He Crush Them / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

During the subsidy protest, I remember some roads were blocked, during a pdp rally, roads are blocked even an owambe can sometimes get roads blocked.
If we are to kill everyone conducting themselves in a disorderly manner then no one would exist.
Those shiites did nothing that warranted the hails of bullet.

For cryingnout loud, , children were in their midst.
May God forgive the men behind the trigger cos they will reap the full consequences here on earth.

What buratai should have done is to keepnhis appointment for another day.
Turn around and let the police deal with it.

Whatch the video I attached and see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFzeNAHEhU
vnd.youtube:rD2vo1VPi-M?vndclient=mv-google&vndapp=youtube_mobile&vndel=watch

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0lGyZpbA_tY&itct=CBAQpDAYBSITCIbwltOx4MkCFQfmHAodZF4NfTIHcmVsYXRlZEjjl76qtfTrnqwB&client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=NG

the Nigerian army on a mission to arrive somewhere should turn around

its not ur fault , democracy has spoilt u .
dat vid is from China.. u didn't even bother to find out what happened the previous day and. later that day . ignorant Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by nextstep(m): 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
gists:

First of all, I am a muslim.
But this nonesense of road blocks must stop!!

HOWEVER, the army is just too crazy!!
At the begining of the video, it took the army leader to shout at one of the soldiers not to shoot!
Can you imagine a soldier trying to kneel down to take position to fire at harmless civilians - Thank God they were led by a sensible chief.

I have made my opinion known on this issue and this video just confirmed it

A sensible chief who could have been killed by the mob. Part of a soldier's duty is to protect his company and especially commanding officer from harm, real or perceived. He did the right thing until told to stand down. It's not his place to negotiate when a superior is there. That is how armies operate.

In civil riots around the world, and in the Western world, police and armies have used deadly force against their own citizens to maintain law and order. I don't think it's fair to single out NA.

I'll leave you to imagine what would happen in the US if a crowd of Black people tried to stop the police or army from discharging their duties...
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Dragonking: 1:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
Lobeez:

This video sums it up for me.
I am amazed at how Nigerians in this 21st century would support the carnage by the NA.
there is nothing whatsoever in that video that justifies the killing of these civilians and even if we can justify that, what about the massacre that followed at the residence of the sect leader and the eventual destruction of the place?
For goodness sake, where in the world do you disperse an angry mob with live ammunition? and to think that so many are silent or even support this is just beyond me.

Look at the attached video I just quoted, this incident happened in China in the 80's just imagine a civilian standing in the way of a convoy of military tanks, also notice he even climbs on top of one of the tanks in defiance. this act would have been interpreted as an assassination attempt by our dear NA, in fact that man would have been gunned down instantly.

I give up man! I give up!!
The video of the chinese man is a different scenerio with what our soldiers are going through....Currently our army is fighting a deadly terrorist group (bokoharam) and since everyone in the north is a potential terrorist you dont expect them to look while they get bombed away....This chinese army didnt have to worry about a terrorist group then...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by alobright17(m): 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
Na pastor the chief army staff be before?because the preaching was too much

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by nextstep(m): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

So, they deserve to be gunned down?
Women, chidren and men gunned down for resisting the almighty coas and his truculent brigandes?
They were agressive but not violent.
Bro, ive seen alot of things in the killing of those people is gross injustice

This guy said what I wanted to say: go and see how US and UK preserve law and order. Nobody dares block their police and armies.
FolarinLondon:
Having watched this video, the so called shiite deserve their untimely death. It was an open suicide.

I can bet my life on this, UK and US military would have killed more in a similar situation. Let black communities in US tell you what they have been through during protest with a common US police.

Let Irish people in Northern Ireland tell you what their experiences were with British army on their streets during IRA-British confrontation.

No police in US will stand you holding a cutlass or any weapon for few minutes after few warnings; US police will kill you in broad day light in a similar situation in which Nigeria Army found themselves.

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by macminista(m): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
Lobeez:

I am amazed at how Nigerians in this 21st century would support the carnage by the NA.
there is nothing whatsoever in that video that justifies the killing of these civilians and even if we can justify that, what about the massacre that followed at the residence of the sect leader and the eventual destruction of the place?
For goodness sake, where in the world do you disperse an angry mob with live ammunition? and to think that so many are silent or even support this is just beyond me.

Look at the attached video I just quoted, this incident happened in China in the 80's just imagine a civilian standing in the way of a convoy of military tanks, also notice he even climbs on top of one of the tanks in defiance. this act would have been interpreted as an assassination attempt by our dear NA, in fact that man would have been gunned down instantly.

if u know the rules of applying excessive force u won't be saying what u 're saying...the man in the video is obviously not a threat
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Bollinger(m): 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
kejes10:
Nigeria army were really patient don't know why we always allow region to blinds our sense of reasons. R. I.P to the dead

Water Canon. ...tear gas.....rubber bullets.......could also have been used.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by rhymaster: 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
Imagine if it was a group of civilians, NGO, traders, etc who were trying to use that road and begging to pass? I am sure they would have been killed Boko Haram style! Those could be iboes too, and they are the ones here defending the Shiites when they can see them begging to pass in the first place! That is a major road, not a village or inner road! Iboes will do anything to sabotage Nigeria just to make the country look bad!!

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by vickylala239: 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
Guyman02:

Good interpretation, Some unruly kids among them caused the confrontation by the not listening to their spokesman but the Army overreacted by living hundreds dead over this seemingly minor issue. I cant see the assassination attempt in the video as no single soldier was injured.

My brother the army did the right thing.

Did you not see characteristics of boko in does ppl.

Army I thank you.

That was Hw boko startd.

Islam is really getting out of hand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by jakiedudu(m): 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
Lobeez:

Honestly the way some Nigerians think is unbelievable. No matter how unruly the shiites behave, there's no justification for the military to open fire on them.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by stildude(m): 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
I still think it was needless to take all those lives. It shows that the NA has still not changed. In their mind, bloody civilians are blocking their way. However, the NA patience in handling the matter is not unnoticed, not because they were being professional but because cameras were there and those guys were their kinsmen. The other day in one of the SS states, we were on a road work out. One of us signalled an on coming army van to slow down for the rest of us to pass. You could see the anger one of the officers displayed. They continued on with one of them already alighting before they realised we have already passed. What I meant to say is that they would have not thought twice before killing under same scenario if there were no cameras and it was in other parts of the the country.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by amiskurie(m): 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
gists:
First of all, I am a muslim.
But this nonesense of road blocks must stop!! And by that I mean all forms of road blocks - be it from muslim community, christians, politicians, individual birthday/burial parties etc
Why on earth should roads be blocked on Nigerian Government officials.
Truth be told it is just insane impunity and lawlessness.

HOWEVER, the army is just too crazy!!
At the begining of the video, it took the army leader to shout at one of the soldiers not to shoot!
Can you imagine a soldier trying to kneel down to take position to fire at harmless civilians - Thank God they were led by a sensible chief.

I have made my opinion known on this issue and this video just confirmed it
I am a Muslim too.
This is not a case of religion,it's a case of uneducated northern youths attending a religious gathering.that's their nature.
I can't really blame the leader or the army.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Dragonking: 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
Guyman02:
The man is saying in Hausa to the Army officer that the last time the soldiers where in the area a lot of their people where killed and the people are afraid that the same thing is about to occur again if the soldiers are allowed. Some people in the front page with plenty votes are spinning the confrontation.
There was a kind of unnecessary paranoia among the Shiite worshippers but the soldiers would have taken a different route and confront their leaders later since there is an alternative route than opening fire
So you expect the army to leave the road for those shiit miscreants and thugs? Are you this stupiid or you just want to talk? angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Originalsly: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2015
The police chief deserves a medal for patience and diplomacy! Military operate differently from police throughout the world and for that reason military rarely do get involved with civilian issues. The same situation... in any country... the first guy stepping up to confront the officer would've been lucky to receive a gun butt to the chest or face and pitched to the road side. Military negotiating with a few armed civilians?... and pleading?...maybe that's what made the civilians act that way..too much talk.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Jowonloju(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
NA was too patient.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by stildude(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
^
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by sexaddict08(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
that's just media hype .. People protesting in that video is not even up to 200

after killing those people. they still went to his house
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by nextstep(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
You're leaving out the part where
hundreds to thousands civilians were killed at Tiananmen Square after the tanks got there.

Lobeez:

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by viktor01(m): 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
The Chief of Army staff even coming out to talk to them personally was very risky. what if someone had shot him?
Then the news headlines all over the world will read "Nigerian Chief of Army staff murdered by a common civilian"
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by frankwyte: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
This is really absurd for NA, no intelligence in handling unrest and civil disturbance! why will the NA use life cartridges killing the people they are supposedly to protect. This a total shame to the leaders of this country; no wonder the US is denying sell weapons to us.

it will be foolhardy if the COAS is not arrested and queried, this is one crime too many. I mean where is the dialog that was suppose to prevail shooting and killing 50 civilians who holding sticks and are no threat? Gush this Sucks and sickening.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
macminista:
if u know the rules of applying excessive force u won't be saying what u 're saying...the man in the video is obviously not a threat

If the military were so sure of the assassination story, how come their video didn't capture any such thing?
The video I watched showed army officers pleading with and angry mob and then later showed the army chiefs' convoy moving. My question is, where was the moment of provocation in that video? if that video is the only evidence they have for the slaughter of those civilians then I'm so sorry I'm not buying it. And to think that the army returned later at night to massacre the sect members in an attempt to arrest their leader is nothing short of barbaric.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by muslak: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
As much as the case of killing may be appealing,the action of the shites may be threatening. Do they mean if the president needed to pass that day, they will block him....what are we going to say to that....parallel govt to the recognised authority.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by sexaddict08(m): 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2015
haywire07:

Where did u get ur own news?

I have friends there, I also schooled in ABU and I was told of a Shiites friend who died also
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by wirinet(m): 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

Wrong!!!

there are rules of engagement and soldiers are deployed for peace keeping and monitoring operations.

Do you mean in a UN operation Nigerian soldiers will slaughter their hosts when they protest?

Do you know it's illegal to use or deploy soldiers for internal operations without legal backing?

You should know that a soldier is not trained to use rubber bullets or dispel civil protests, a soldier is trained to kill or be killed. Protest are to be handled by the police or other para-military agencies.

I have been screaming for ages that it is wrong to deploy soldiers for civilian operations like protests, armed robbery and elections. It is very wrong and leads to the use of excessive force and hence strain the relationship between the military and civilians. Although in this case the army is said to be passing by with the COAS and his convoy was blocked by religious people. It is wrong for the chief of Army to be stuck in the middle of a protest or religious procession.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Hash86(m): 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
Jacko1:
Look at all dose al majiri damn it.... Is dat life can they nt desire more in life ... Dirty n wieldin weapons fearless..... Caan they nt want to have technology see wah dey missin..... Hausa born throwaway walai givin birth anyhow to children dey cannot care for ..... See how deir ppl dat brought islam to dem r flexin..... Dey shld go to uae dubai qatar n knw dat dis fin dey livin aint life...
You are very stupid for your ignorance, the almajiri you are abusing are leading you now, and you forgot how last two weeks back some bunch of ignorant inyamiri's blocked highways, kill people and burnt a mosque all in the name of protest
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by crossover(m): 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
Many commentators here do not know the practice in most of the major cities in the north. It is common to see major roads (even interstates) blocked during important occasions especially during Friday prayer. Many occasions in Maiduguri and Kano, our vehicles and others such as military vehicles will have to wait till the end of prayer sessions especially on Fridays or important days. May be due to the recent attack on their members, those in the video may be guards to the sect members who were already on the prayer ground. Whatever, either rightly or wrongly, Nigerians need to know who gave the order. Order for this kind of brutality/revenge can only be given by the C-in-C. We need to know who is in charge of the military in this our democratic government. Please agree with me that the life of every citizen is sacrosanct.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Paschal55(m): 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

During the subsidy protest, I remember some roads were blocked, during a pdp rally, roads are blocked even an owambe can sometimes get roads blocked.
If we are to kill everyone conducting themselves in a disorderly manner then no one would exist.
Those shiites did nothing that warranted the hails of bullet.

For cryingnout loud, , children were in their midst.
May God forgive the men behind the trigger cos they will reap the full consequences here on earth.

What buratai should have done is to keepnhis appointment for another day.
Turn around and let the police deal with it.

Whatch the video I attached and see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFzeNAHEhU
Ruthless religious BIGOT, so the COAS should have postponed the passing out parade ceremony because of SHIT rubbish.... Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
nextstep:
You're leaving out the part where
hundreds to thousands civilians were killed at Tiananmen Square after the tanks got there.

So what happened afterwards, did the world justify it? was there not worldwide outrage over that barbaric act?
Nothing can ever justify the massacre in Zaria as well. Period!

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by linearity: 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
Oh boy! I didn't believe that a Nigeria Army officer will be that patient and even start begging these guys to use the road.

This is prime example of 'my people perish because of lack of knowledge'. Otherwise, how can any Nigerian block the passage of a whole COAS? Secondly, why are they bringing sticks and merchets to a gun fight?

I think the Army exercised restraine here, yes I know the number of people that got killed, but the truth is they saw it coming.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by olasheed(m): 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
This is Nigerian Army and not Nigeria Police Force. Rubber bullets and tear gas are not weapons for Army

cowgirl9090:
Why not use rubber bullets and tear gas on them. Shame on the military. Nigeria still has a very long way to go undecided.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
nextstep:

A sensible chief who could have been killed by the mob. Part of a soldier's duty is to protect his company and especially commanding officer from harm, real or perceived. He did the right thing until told to stand down. It's not his place to negotiate when a superior is there. That is how armies operate.

In civil riots around the world, and in the Western world, police and armies have used deadly force against their own citizens to maintain law and order. I don't think it's fair to single out NA.

I'll leave you to imagine what would happen in the US if a crowd of Black people tried to stop the police or army from discharging their duties...

u mind them ? it's so easy from a distance to see that vid and be criticising , that was a HGHLY sensitive situation , people bearing arms and shouting allahu akbar! advancing steadily even surrounding the army chief while he pleaded.
I wait for Iran's reply after seeing that video , because the army showed unbelievable respect by being delayed a whole 7 minutes.

people saying there was no threat on the convoy should imagine if that was a set up for an ambush ... a whole COAS who has earned his spurs should turn around for those people. funny how people reason sha

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by blaise26abj(m): 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
Bollinger:

Water Canon. ...tear gas.....rubber bullets.......could also have been used.

Are u kidding me? In a place where BH boys can attack? NA should move around with water canons, tear gas and rubber bullets? Like seriously? I tire for the way people reason o. I watched a documentary about the massacre of South African miners and they displayed a similar suicidal approach to the security operatives . They opened fire on dem like kilode.

If someone approaches you with a sharpened pencil menacingly and u have a gun, will u wait till he stabs your neck before you defend yourself? Try to reason am well well o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Abdulaziz Yari, The Most Useless Governor In Nigeria - Kadaria Ahmed / Alison Madueke Autobiography: ‘Riding The Storms With God In My Sails’ / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.