Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) (34802 Views)

Abia State: Ikpeazu And Ogah Know Fate Today. / Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu / Ikpeazu And Wife Share Food To School Children. Shoes, Bags, Balls, Books Shared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Gboliwe: 1:20am On Dec 20, 2015
Ogbuefi2020:

what aba needs now is motorable roads first. marking would have been gud though
Shake this mentality off, will you?! Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by francondu: 1:20am On Dec 20, 2015
santinoj:

Kamalu Street is having sidewalks. One side already 75% finished. The other side will commence with street lights. There is major rehab of roads going in in main Aba. Total rehab of St Michaels, Jubilee, Hospital Road, Old Courts, Cameron Road, etc. All these will have new asphalt overlay, cleaned out drains, road markings and street lighting. Let's be fair, the governor is working. The major problem in Aba today is the people have to help the government. They need to be clean and change this mindset of littering everywhere with waste.
most of the residents dispose those refuse at night,let government set a task force that will be catching people dumping refuse at illegal points at night. Many will change orientation by force. I am more interested in durable road than this marking

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Rossikk(m): 1:25am On Dec 20, 2015
santinoj:

Kamalu Street is having sidewalks. One side already 75% finished. The other side will commence with street lights. There is major rehab of roads going in in main Aba. Total rehab of St Michaels, Jubilee, Hospital Road, Old Courts, Cameron Road, etc. All these will have new asphalt overlay, cleaned out drains, road markings and street lighting. Let's be fair, the governor is working. The major problem in Aba today is the people have to help the government. They need to be clean and change this mindset of littering everywhere with waste.

What do you mean by ''cleaned out drains''? Will they be open drains? If so, what's the point of ''cleaning them out'' when they'll be filled with trash the very next day/week/month?

It reminds one of those disgusting ''environmental clean-up day'' charades where poor citizens were forced to dig out rancid sludge and rubbish from stinking open gutters. When do we move beyond that primitive level of existence, and cover our drains like is done in civilized countries?
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by francondu: 1:32am On Dec 20, 2015
santinoj:
Stop being deceived and hyping on negativity. Finally a governor who wants to work for Aba has come and all you are all doing is bringing you down. Someone mentioned Kamalu is just 200m, we'll it's actually 800m+ to the river with 2 spurs of 100m+ exiting to Okpolu-Umuobo Road. The roads have have marked with walkways being built on both sides. It is still undergoing construction and about 85% complete. See first two pictures of Kamalu as at today. Second pics are from just completed full overlay of asphalt at St. Michaels by the same company. This was done strictly at night to avoid disturbing traders during the day.
what of obohia road,any goodnews for the inhabitants of that axis? If the governor can fix it and chain it through Ibadan Street and Ohanku it will be nice. It can even be streetched to Alaoji express via ugwunagbo local government. I used to take that route when I was a van salesman 9 years ago. Man don hustle for dis life kai
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by francondu: 1:35am On Dec 20, 2015
Gboliwe:
Shake this mentality off, will you?! Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.
Sure you are right but that youngman is under a lot of pressure to deliver abia and he has done well so far
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Gboliwe: 1:40am On Dec 20, 2015
francondu:
Sure you are right but that youngman is under a lot of pressure to deliver abia and he has done well so far
if you say he is working in the right direction, I may agree but to say outrightly that he has done well so far is promoting mediocrity. I sure don't agree.
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by jamjo: 6:15am On Dec 20, 2015
francondu:
This Ikpeazu is doing very well,those looking for road mark should know that markings has nothing to do with durability. The thickness of all the roads he is building is good. I can see some people insulting the ngwa peopke and I must say it the way it is,the ethinic divide being exhibited by the other non ngwa parts of abia will come back to hunt the igbo nation one day. Leave these people to enjoy their tenure there is nothing bad in power going round. These roads are not express roads so don't expect dual carriage ways. These roads are big enough for inner street roads.

What is worth doing is worth doing well my brother, Its time we as people stop celebrating mediocrity or else we will never smell development . Its time we start building to a world standard by building quality and not quantity .
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by francondu: 6:28am On Dec 20, 2015
jamjo:

What is worth doing is worth doing well my brother, Its time we as people stop celebrating mediocrity or else we will never smell development . Its time we start building to a world standard by building quality and not quantity .
The road is a quality road,I've seen it myself,the thickness and materials they are using are all of high quality. The drainages are wide and deep.Markings does not have any corelation with quality. The guy is trying even civil servants in his state are now happy over his performance when it comes to payment of salary.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 6:47am On Dec 20, 2015
klax:

God bless you very much love a free thinker like you
Amen my brother
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 6:51am On Dec 20, 2015
DikeOha882:
Why was it commissioned before covering it? ponponkon and his end time interim gov

#TeamAlexOtti #TeamRestoreAbia.
This goat from Aro cave,go back to your village where Otilla the disabled man is the ward chairman.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 20, 2015
francondu:
The standard of the road is ok,at the moment no other Igbo governor is doing better than this guy interms of number of roads under construction. After hating him for a while because of t a orji I came to see the angle he is working from. Abians are lucky this time around

My brother if u are well grounded in terms of road construction u will know that those roads will not survive next year's raining season,so what's the essence of wasting the fund. what aba needs now is a standard construction company that knows there onion.this was what orji uzor kalu did when he was elected but b4 d end of his first tenure all those roads vanished.
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 6:58am On Dec 20, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Is it this apian way that the man brought OBJ to come and commission?

Smh!
Apian way? Well I forgive your ignorance.The road is broader than Aba-Ikote Ekpene road a federal which your FG left in a deplorable state. It is also broader than Umudike Ikote Ekpene road another federal road your FG abandoned in Abia. Just name your state,I will take it upon my self to drive down there and take pictures of all the state road in your capital city and another major town
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 7:04am On Dec 20, 2015
francondu:
what of obohia road,any goodnews for the inhabitants of that axis? If the governor can fix it and chain it through Ibadan Street and Ohanku it will be nice. It can even be streetched to Alaoji express via ugwunagbo local government. I used to take that route when I was a van salesman 9 years ago. Man don hustle for dis life kai
I want you to understand that 4 years of constant work will not be enough to solve all the road problems in Aba. The good thing now is that some haters like you are now turning a new leaf which proves that Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu is the real CHANGE.
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by EASTSIDAZ: 7:05am On Dec 20, 2015
But imo state has the worst roads in the SE. Nkpor flyover did not fail but erosion affected part of the road which is a natural causw and now ut is being rebuilt. Has mostly horrible and unpassable roads in Imo state been rebuilt by the fat ugly limping governor okoroawusa?

On a side note, do you have something else doing with your life other than camping on NL? You have been on NL throughout and into the midnight? A combination of imo state blood and ikwerre blood is a disaster for any person and that is what's playing out in your hopeless and miserable life.

[s]
Abagworo:

Even Peter Obi's roads have caved at many places. The Nkpor flyover did not even last up to 2years. Politics is all about lie, deceit and partisanship.
[/s]
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 7:13am On Dec 20, 2015
Abagworo:

Even Peter Obi's roads have caved at many places. The Nkpor flyover did not even last up to 2years. Politics is all about lie, deceit and partisanship.
You always say it the way it is,you reason with a progressive mindset even when you criticise it is always with facts sound reasoning with suggestion. But Peter Obi gave Anambra a solid foundation although Ngige was not also a flop so to say
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 7:25am On Dec 20, 2015
DikeOha882:
Onye wu asuanwuru nke a? Enyia Kamalu street beside street beside star paper mill Aba which is about 200 metres was commissioned, may God have mercy for you
Akpamu Ochicha,even with oil boom what did your brothers achieve? Atleast Ikpeazu is performing at 90% efficiency despite low allocation from FG. La ebeke unu onye akpiri mandate. Minority

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Ponponkon: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2015
DikeOha882:
Which kamalu, the one beside star paper? Is it omenazu? Enyinnaya publicising unmarked roads, do tell your interim principal that we have gone beyond this level, he should go and learn work from Sullivan at Udi
Mugu nwuru anwu,Enugu State is not just Enugu metropolis,show us other major towns there. Sullivan remains my man even till tomorrow. My humble governor will accept suggestions from he Chime but not from you and Ottila who diverted profit share money of Diamond bank staff into his private pocket. Okwa ego ozutara agwula ya bia achianu ta anyi nle ya. Oga imecha gwere gbomgbom da ario aririo la motor park just like you

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by volcanoash(f): 8:06am On Dec 20, 2015
Dulla€€€rdinho sending his emissary to the east to create picture of national unity. But i must say it is belated. IPOB is here to stay!

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by francondu: 8:13am On Dec 20, 2015
Ponponkon:
I want you to understand that 4 years of constant work will not be enough to solve all the road problems in Aba. The good thing now is that some haters like you are now turning a new leaf which proves that Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu is the real CHANGE.
I have never hated anyone,yes I doubted his abilities before but am convinced now that he is good
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by francondu: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2015
kevinscore:

My brother if u are well grounded in terms of road construction u will know that those roads will not survive next year's raining season,so what's the essence of wasting the fund. what aba needs now is a standard construction company that knows there onion.this was what orji uzor kalu did when he was elected but b4 d end of his first tenure all those roads vanished.
until then he remains a performer

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:16am On Dec 20, 2015
Ponponkon:
Apian way? Well I forgive your ignorance.The road is broader than Aba-Ikote Ekpene road a federal which your FG left in a deplorable state. It is also broader than Umudike Ikote Ekpene road another federal road your FG abandoned in Abia. Just name your state,I will take it upon my self to drive down there and take pictures of all the state road in your capital city and another major town

Dude, I won't respond to your rants......

Abum nwa Omambala aka Anambra.
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by EASTSIDAZ: 9:30am On Dec 20, 2015
Nwanne there is no need for this, leave their thread for them.

sunnyb0b0:

Dude, I won't respond to your rants......

Abum nwa Omambala aka Anambra.
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by toprealman: 10:21am On Dec 20, 2015
asha80:
No markings on the roads
For naija?
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Tinubutoto: 10:42am On Dec 20, 2015
Obasonjo really wor wor, choiiiiiiiiii. Chimpanzee is 100 times finer dan ds man. d only Nigerian former president who sleeps with his own daughter in law.
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by kingsley1996(m): 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
God will totally change Abia by his grace. Thanks Mr. Governor, God bless u[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by jamjo: 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
francondu:
The road is a quality road,I've seen it myself,the thickness and materials they are using are all of high quality. The drainages are wide and deep.Markings does not have any corelation with quality. The guy is trying even civil servants in his state are now happy over his performance when it comes to payment of salary.

My friend for you to defend mediocrity that tells me you have a long way to go. Anyway in a crowd of blind, one eye person will be king. we built for our safety

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by Captain6(m): 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
obailala:
Why can't these roads just be marked for Christ's sake?.... Why can't we ever just do things and do them right? undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206031_obj2_jpegb8f6dddbc2c1ffa5fdb044fa1178d4e1
Marking the road does not really matter,the quality matters more,i think the thickness looks fine but the open drainage is not commendable.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by santinoj(m): 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Captain6:
Marking the road does not really matter,the quality matters more,i think the thickness looks fine but the open drainage is not commendable.

The picture used is old. The road was marked before the commissioning. You can see the same road with the markings in the attached picture.

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by kemback2220003: 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Is the road to former deputy governor Late Chima Nwafor among the roads commissioned? Plz som1 should clarify... There is a property I want to develop there but has abandoned it since 12yr ago due to bad road.
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by asha80(m): 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
santinoj:

The picture used is old. The road was marked before the commissioning. You can see the same road with the markings in the attached picture.
are you sure this is the same road?looks like though except the camera is a few steps forward from the point the unmarked rd was captured

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by obailala(m): 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
Captain6:
Marking of roads is VERY VERY important in societies that care about standards. Good thing about it is that proper finishing by marking is about the cheapest thing to achieve in the entire road project. Unfortunately, our society doesnt give a damn about even the most basic standards, hence to us we think it is doesnt really matter to finish the job properly.

santinoj:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3209082_20151218162924_jpeg2f4efcd129c26ca5a4ee0854347bc124
Now this is very very commendable, Bravo!!
Re: Ikpeazu And Obasanjo Commission Roads In Aba (Photos) by santinoj(m): 1:07am On Dec 21, 2015
asha80:
are you sure this is the same road?looks like though except the camera is a few steps forward from the point the unmarked rd was captured

It is!!! I can authoritatively tell you that. Now compare the pics and see the difference of what Kamalu was and what it is now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / El-Zakzaky: Foreign Doctors Arrive Nigeria To Examine Shiite Leader's Health / Fashola Inspecting Roasted Plantain At Sea-food Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.