Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,393 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? (6471 Views)

Express Your Feelings. / I Am Not Happy With My Sexual Feelings. / How To Reveal Your Feelings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 09, 2009
Are you the cold type who loves but doesn't show it?

Are you the warm type who shows but can't stand the stamp partner?

Are you the hot type who writes love letters to show how much you love?

Well I am the cold type. I had hever always been like that but I just became one and it isn't working for me. I want to go warm, but definitely not hot.

So what type are you?
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 09, 2009
Belive I'm the cold type, sometimes it just can't be helped, you just need to stay on guard, don't let too many feelings show so that you are not taken advantage of, such acts are sometimes mistakened for 'forming' and acts of 'immaturity' but you just got to do what you got to do.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Busybody2(f): 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2009
ibkaye:

Belive I'm the cold type, sometimes it just can't be helped, you just need to stay on guard, don't let too many feelings show so that you are not taken advantage of, such acts are sometimes mistakened for 'forming' and acts of 'immaturity' but you just got to do what you got to do.

Nodding head in agreement wink wink wink
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by charminme(f): 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2009
I will say am the blurnt type grin
If i dnt like u, i will say it to ur face not to waste ur time
and if i really like u, will let u knw indirectly and see if there cud be sumtin positive and if not i close up my feelings undecided
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2009
ibkaye:

I thought exactly the same thing, until I came to realized i was hurting him by denying him that trust that is needed in a relationship.

Right now I am still confused. What's really the best? I think sometimes you just have to act indifferent. Being too passionate can be harmful.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2009
charminme:

I will say am the blurnt type grin
If i dnt like u, i will say it to ur face not to waste ur time
and if i really like u, will let u knw indirectly and see if there cud be sumtin positive and if not i close up my feelings undecided

Supposed you are already into it, how far can you get to prove your love?
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2009
michelin89:

I thought exactly the same thing, until I came to realized i was hurting him by denying him that trust that is needed in a relationship.

Right now I am still confused. What's really the best? I think sometimes you just have to act indifferent. Being too passionate can be harmful.
I don't know sha, is it possible to have a mixture? A mixture of things sometimes helps grin

But with everything there is moderation, not too much of something and not too little, catch my drift? wink
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2009
ibkaye:

I don't know sha, is it possible to have a mixture? A mixture of things sometimes helps grin

But with everything there is moderation, not too much of something and not too little, catch my drift? wink

I could get cold, then hot, but then the difference could be harmful as well.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2009
michelin89:

I could get cold, then hot, but then the difference could be harmful as well.
True say true say, I guess you'll just have to gamble grin
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2009
ibkaye:

True say true say, I guess you'll just have to gamble grin

Could it be that at this point I don't have the qualities to date? undecided
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2009
michelin89:

Could it be that at this point I don't have the qualities to date? undecided
Oh don't say that, I guess you will just need to read into your guy, know the way he acts and will respond to certain things, his personality etc so that you will know the perfect time and way to use of these so called 'hot and cold' tactics and then gbam, you've got him right where you want him (sometimes anyway grin).

You're not the only one like this dear, no worries wink
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by charminme(f): 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2009
@POSTER
If we are already together
i will let him knw always and in different ways
tru mails, calls,text,cards,etc
why hide my feelins wen we are dating or married
That is wat keeps relationship going confessing ur love and showing it from ur heart
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 09, 2009
charminme:

@POSTER
If we are already together
i will let him knw always and in different ways
tru mails, calls,text,cards,etc
why hide my feelins wen we are dating or married
That is wat keeps relationship going confessing ur love and showing it from ur heart

So you are the warm type.

How did you get past the fear of being taken advantage of?
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2009
Let ur partner know your feeling for him/her,little things like this counts,and it increases the bonding too,its not always by beauty or being coarse.Lighten up
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by gram: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2009
I think d thermostat mechanism works. know how to adjust urself, if u r hot and he is cold u wld not like it. same thing goes 4 the guys
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by biola44: 10:44am On Jun 10, 2009
gram:

I think d thermostat mechanism works. know how to adjust urself, if u r hot and he is cold u wld not like it. same thing goes 4 the guys
wink
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by AEjiro(m): 11:00am On Jun 10, 2009
Am very hot i can shout from any roof top confessing ma love for her. and she is the warm type. My last gf was very very colded and i hated it. it kill my affection for her, it keeps placing me like am sucking up to her of forcing her into something she is not into when we broke up and became friends she admited that her greatest mistake was neva telling me how much she love me. just told her all that is in the past she can use the experience to better future r/ship. So my advise love like there is no tomorrow if 2 takes u 4 granted it aint ur fault, he/she is nt worth ur love find love else where.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by pinkylady1(f): 11:30am On Jun 10, 2009
ibkaye:

i agree with you, cos it has happened to me times without number. >: cry
sometimes i want ot be cold but don't know how
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by touchmeder: 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2009
By the poster's defination i would say i am warm. i used to be very very cold but over time i had to change cos my bf was not just that and he showed me how much he loved by words and deeds. oh boy i had to step up my game tongue and m better for it today
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nikky23: 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
i am the very hot type when i'm now into the relationship. it just happens naturally.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by origina9ja(f): 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2009
i'm the cold type.
I guess I really don't think everybody needs to know exactly how I feel all the time

@ touchmeder
I see where you're coming from, but I have finally accepted that I can't really change because its just me. maybe because i'm too shy or i'm scared of taking advantage of undecided
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Sasha009(f): 1:14pm On Jun 10, 2009
I'm the hot type.
I laugh with him, hold him, hug him, kiss him, care for him, stroke his hair, look into his beautiful eyes lovingly, give him back scratches/rubs and massages, make him feel good, tell him how much I care, compliment him every time, and guess what? He does the same for me (even more). He is a happy man for this.

Why act cold if you love someone?? you will be the one losing.
Guys cant get into your heads, if you love them and are acting like you don't., then they will get the impression that you re not interested, and no matter how beautiful you re, they will get tired of trying to make it work, so they will move on, slowly drifting away from you. Then you'd be left wondering why this happened to you.
Why not just jump into it with all passion and open love if you really feel it. let your guards down and enjoy it while it lasts.
If the guy doesn't like this, then let him move on! Life goes on. do not deny yourself the joy of letting go and enjoying your relationship because of insecurity wink
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by papaejima: 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2009
there is no laid down procedures 4 r/ships.it all boils down to individual lovers and what u found on the floor.like a poster said if u become too warm or hot,u can be taken advatage of and be misconstrued as immaturity.for me i love jazzing things up and making the best of the moment cos there may be no tomorrow.4 me,bothin lovemaking and in having fun outside the house,we should live it up.so if u think or find out that ur partner is not serving ur best purpose,and if she is too conservative to change,my best and honest advice is ditch her. wink if u are the cold type,u should look for ur type,and if u are the hot type,get a matching mate.HAVE FUN FELLOW POSTERS!! grin grin grin
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by oyelax45(m): 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2009
my felling are ok
thank l love your wryte up

it ok

www.hippopcity.com
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by godisgr8(m): 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2009
I am d hot type and I like to show it. cool
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by deb(m): 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2009
It all depends on individuals temperament.
However, make sure whatever your temperament is, you don't seem too cold
with your feeling. For ladies you may lose us guys if we don't get any form of approval
from you after a limited time. Getting girls for us is usually goal oriented with time limits.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by AEjiro(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2009
Sasha009:

I'm the hot type.
I laugh with him, hold him, hug him, kiss him, care for him, stroke his hair, look into his beautiful eyes lovingly, give him back scratches/rubs and massages, make him feel good, tell him how much I care, compliment him every time, and guess what? He does the same for me (even more). He is a happy man for this.

Why act cold if you love someone?? you will be the one losing.
Guys cant get into your heads, if you love them and are acting like you don't., then they will get the impression that you re not interested, and no matter how beautiful you re, they will get tired of trying to make it work, so they will move on, slowly drifting away from you. Then you'd be left wondering why this happened to you.
Why not just jump into it with all passion and open love if you really feel it. let your guards down and enjoy it while it lasts.
If the guy doesn't like this, then let him move on! Life goes on. do not deny yourself the joy of letting go and enjoying your relationship because of insecurity wink

Now dats how i like my ladies. if u dont trust me dont dated me abi na by force? cool
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2009
yes it depends on the person. if i meet someone then the feeling i have for her and how she handles herself in my presence will either make me show my feelings or wait until the right moment to let go.
there is a right time and moment to show your loving feelings to someone, even if you automatically feel attraction for them, you have to be careful about who you showing it to. some women cant handle quick show of affection and can be scared of it(or perceive it the wrong way) while others will abuse that show of affection.
of course, i wont be cold as ice and then one day change to lovey dovey, its a gradual state and if along the way, there is some "problems" then i back down.
so it all depends on the right moment, the right mood, the right relationship and the right person.
if i fall in love with a person that i dont feel will ever be more than a bedroom buddy, then i will not let her know about my affection for her because i wouldnt want to mislead her. i wouldnt be cold as ice but i would never be lovey dovey either and the moment she try to step up the relationship, i would bring it down.
its all about how comfortable you are with someone.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by touchmeder: 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2009

@ touchmeder
I see where you're coming from, but I have finally accepted that I can't really change because its just me. maybe because i'm too shy or i'm scared of taking advantage of Undecided

When u meet that one person and u believe without a shadow of doubt u should not be shy or scared especially if they are giving you love like that (and want more from you)and ure just smiling in return all the time over time it becomes boring and small things like that are discouraging. He will look outside and see couples and start wishing ''if only she could act a bit more , ''. now now u would'nt want that huh. cheesy
Go outside your comfort zone and do or say something really sweet for a try. you would feel funny at first but over time if u work on it, u'd definately grow bolder and feel at ease with it. you may never b all so mussy mussy but u'd not b where u used to be. see it as a little moderation to your perfect self not a total change
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by origina9ja(f): 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2009
hummm
i'll try it tongue
just hope i don't over do it cheesy wink
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by soulamanne(m): 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
am warm and never minces my word.it doesnt make me less in personality and i believe it is the best one for u must ve freed ur mind.she is cold and i think it is a function of her age(19 imaaturity)when they think if they let u know ow they feel they will look cheap i.e they ve to form!but when she sees me with other gals or feels sumtin is up wit me and dem she begins to react so i go like, but u dont really care now? grin

Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by origina9ja(f): 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2009
silly guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guyz Try This It Is Really Gonna Work In Seducing A Lady / Can You Tell A Lady She Has Vagina Odour??? / What Percentage Of Love Would U Give, 50%, 80% Or 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.