Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) (54976 Views)

Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) / Horror In Two Sentences.. / Christmas Night(horror) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Laveda(f): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2015
goodheart02:

Soon Laveda. Got patients to attend to on an urgent call.
Oh...a doctor?
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by goodheart02(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2015
Laveda:
Oh...a doctor?

Yeah.....and a writer.
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Laveda(f): 11:58am On Dec 31, 2015
goodheart02:

Yeah.....and a writer.
Nice ...I envy you. smiley
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by TVTKOKO(m): 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
Now this is getting very very scary... 'im off
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
goodheart02:

Hey baby, you're funny....Lol
cheesy kiss
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Afz9095(m): 1:20am On Jan 01, 2016
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS,MORE BLESSING
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by hfinest1(m): 4:23am On Jan 01, 2016
Laveda:
Nice ...I envy you. smiley
happy new year mi Lady
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Laveda(f): 8:23am On Jan 01, 2016
hfinest1:
happy new year mi Lady
Happy new year dearie kiss
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by elprokez(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New Year...Dr. GoodHeart
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Lordspicy(m): 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2016
nice work bro

chai see as girls Jes dey fall for this guy

talent good o
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Epiphanus20(m): 3:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
Nice writeup though,i had been a silent follower for a while now i guess its time to break the ice,i love your writup because you copy nobodies style,you are just yourself.You are really entertaining a dude up here.By the way am also a Writer and a Singer.
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by goodheart02(m): 9:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=Laveda post=41514996]Nice ...I envy you.
smiley
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by goodheart02(m): 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
TVTKOKO:
Now this is getting very very scary... 'im off

Off to where bro?? **smiles**
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by goodheart02(m): 9:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
Afz9095:
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS,MORE BLESSING

Same to you.
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by goodheart02(m): 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
elprokez:
Happy New Year...Dr. GoodHeart

Happy NewYear elprokez
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by goodheart02(m): 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
Lordspicy:
nice work bro

chai see as girls Jes dey fall for this guy

talent good o

Thanks bro. You funny oo
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by goodheart02(m): 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
Epiphanus20:
Nice writeup though,i had been a silent follower for a while now i guess its time to break the ice,i love your writup because you copy nobodies style,you are just yourself.You are really entertaining a dude up here.By the way am also a Writer and a Singer.

I guess being original is what makes one outstanding. Thanks a lot bro. .......Wow a writer and a singer. Now that's what i call Magnifico.
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by goodheart02(m): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
Chapter 6 - Privy
-----------------------

It was later in the evening that Lance dropped Marie off at the back of the mansion and helped her carry her grocery pack up the first stairs. Marie was already feeling some form of guilt for going to the extent of sleeping with the young lad and she turned back (as they climbed the stairs) to dissuade him.

"That's okay", she said. "You don't have to come all the way"

"I don't mind Marie", replied Lance as Marie collected the pack from him.

"My husband is already at home; and he could kill you if he finds you here. I bet you won't like to find out first hand."

Lance laughed out loud and for a moment Marie heard something sinister in his laughter. Her expression changed immediately and Lance noticed it, asking. "What's that?"

"Nothing....just that I thought I heard something awkward".

"Awkward? How?"

"Never mind", Marie replied and began to climb up the stairs.

"Okay then. Goodnight", Lance said

"Yeah...Goodnight Lance", replied Marie and she stopped to watch the hunky lad strut to his worn out carriage. She was really sure she had heard something within the boys laughter. It sounded so unnatural and well......never mind, she thought. It could be her guilt acting up within her. Then she looked upwards towards the remaining flight of stairs leading towards the rooms. She just hoped Nate wouldn't detect she had just been unfaithful some minutes ago. She wasn't a good liar though, but she would try as much as possible to hide the guilt beclouding her expressions. Shrugging indifferently, she stepped up the stairs.

Nate was already snoring loudly, sprawled in a chair with a bottle of rum hanging from his left hand when Marie stepped into the sitting room. Emily was no where to be found within as she roamed her eyes around, not failing to notîce the floating lantern placed on a cabinet. She walked quietly to adjust it and it's handle jammed, startling Nate who stirred awake in his seat.

"Who's there"? he asked in a slurpy voice as he tried to fit back his old hat on his head.

"Hi Nate", Marie responded.

Nate raised his head gently to see his wife standing some few feets away from him and he staggered to his feet, belching and wobbling. He took few drunken steps towards her and ended up falling to his knees before struggling erect once more.

"What yer been doing?" he asked in a warped accent.

"Had to stay back because of the snow storm Nate" Marie replied.

"Stayed back with a boyfriend ehh?" he lurched forward and slapped her, sending her spinning and falling on the wooden floor. "I been seeing yer spending a lot this days". Nate growled. "Boyfriend seems to be paying for good services" and he kicked Marie (as she tried to get up) in her stomach, making her curl up in pains.

"It's the money from the pawning Nate" Marie cried with trickles of blood in her mouth. But her explanation wasn't worth listening for Nate who stomped his foot on her waist and she screamed.

"You'll kill me you drunk" she sobbed.

"Then die you bloody whõre!"? Nate kicked her once more in her stomach and staggered away, leaving her in the dimly lit place to writh on the floor. All that could be heard from afar was the wailings of a woman in pains.

**December 24 - Christmas Eve**

Despite the Christmas season in the air, the little town of Fearville seemed not to be agog with preparations and festivities, and that got Marie really worried. She had woken on that chilly snowy day to notice that there were no Christmas trees on the streets neither were there any last minute Christmas shopping by people. What a strange little town, she wondered. It was when had gone to visit Lance in the pawn shop earlier that day, that he told her some gruesome secrets surrounding the little town.

Lance told her that Christmas was more of an effaced culture in Fearville, owing to the fact that the Satanists had inculcated some of their beliefs into Christmas. And as such, those who were ardent faithfuls of the old traditions kept Christmas celebration at low key and at times not even celebrate it at all.

"So what beliefs did the Satan worshippers blend in?" Marie asked as they sat outside the patio of the pawn shop.

Lance replied by telling her that there were myths going around that the Satanists release the evil side of Santa called Krampus into the streets on Christmas day. This was their way of mocking the birth of the Christ. Actually Krampus was an evil spirit culled from Scandinavian history and was seen as the chastising spirit of Santa Claus. He wrecked havoc on homes and people on Christmas eve thereby dousing the festive mood in them.

"There was no Christmas eve that went by without the town hearing of the gruesome attack of Krampus on a particular family". Lance added. "It's something everyone is now used to".

"That's so weird and scary". Marie said.

"Yeah.....it is".

Back home that night, Marie had an argument with Nate. She had told him she wasn't comfortable with the mansion anymore nor the town but Nate flared up calling her a kill joy. How she wished Nate would see reasons with her. Yes they didn't have the money to buy such a house back in Pensworth, but she had her priceless peace of mind and enjoyed the love and cooperation of the friendly lively town. How much she missed Mrs. Medley who would bring cup cakes to her doorstep on Christmas eve, and the Harold boys choir who sang carols from street to street while impressed neighbours filled their bags with cents. Fearville was a total far cry from Pensworth and the worst place she had ever been. She was still lost in thoughts when she heard a strange clogging sound outside....Clog! Clog!! Clog!!

The shuffling and clogging sound drew nearer on that 22nd hour of the day (10:00pm) and Marie peeped outside the blurry window to see what it was. To her surprise, she caught a glimpse of Santa walking down the street (atleast something like christmas, she thought) and she rushed outside to find a shocker.

It was a limping Santa with a wooden left leg walking down the lonely and dimly lit road, singing a strange weird song. His left leg had been amputated and he looked huge and frail, dragging an old dirty brown bag behind him. Though he looked so creepy, Marie felt it was better having a one legged Santa than having none in a whole town of weird looking people. So she decided to call on Santa.

"Hey! Santa!" she called. "Got nothing for me?".

The grimy old Santa stopped singing abruptly, stopping in his tracks and turned back to stare at his caller as she noticed his right eye was pale with cataract and and popping out of its socket. His face looked scarred and the Santa cast her a cold smile revealing a set of brown scanty teeth....Creepy!

"What yer want from old Santa" he growled shuffling and limping towards her. He reached where she stood and hoisted his dirty brown bag in front and looked directly into Marie's eyes. Those eyes possessed an eerie look and Marie looked away instantly and brought her face down to the bag before her.

"Pick something er", Santa said and she dipped her hand into the bag, rummaging till her hand came in contact with something which felt like a book as the Santa kept smiling sinisterly. She pulled it out and yes...it was indeed a book, but a strange looking one. Turning the front cover, it was titled 'Necronomicon'. She flipped through the pages in the faint light and saw hideous paintings and strange writings in it. That alone sparked her interest and she clutched the book to her chest.

"Is that what yer want?", Santa asked

"I think I'll go with this", she replied.

Then the Santa paused for a while, before leaning forward to stare into her face. "Be careful what you wish for child", he rasped, clattering his teeth as his foul breath hit her nostrils. Suddenly he turned and hoisted his bag on his weak shoulders. "Merry Christmas", he whispered as he walked away from sight. Little did Marie hear him say: "You just got to hell dear" as he kept limping down the road. And she took a final look at him and walked back into the house without noticing the slitted eyes staring at her from the shadows in the distance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by olite93(m): 11:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
*ghost mode deactivate* dis story got me glued n folowin. Feel real wt d horor. Nice 1 gud hrt. *ghost mode activ8*
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Epiphanus20(m): 7:30am On Jan 02, 2016
goodheart02:

I guess being original is what makes one outstanding. Thanks a lot bro. .......Wow a writer and a singer. Now that's what i call Magnifico.
Thanks bro.
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by girlhaley(f): 7:41am On Jan 02, 2016
Waiting for more sir

What a town
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by derbybliz(m): 7:58am On Jan 02, 2016
Wow!!! Sir I have to say u are expectionally talented. Ur thread dey make me wake up very early. Kudos bro
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Mekky05(m): 8:43am On Jan 02, 2016
Goodheart02,I full ground for here like bar beach sand.. Though not a fan of horror and creepy stories,but i swear im loving your story bro. Keep it coming,and by the way Happy nu year to u man.
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by chillian(f): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
Bros good-heart i'm following ur story like twitter handle keep it coming bro.more grease to ur elbow.least i forget happy new year
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by HENSEXIE(f): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
Gettin rili scary,buh still followin.nyc 1 Gudhrt
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Barney11: 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
No update yet?
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Slimzjoe(m): 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
Skimpledawg this Horror Story Dhope sha shocked
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by joviegghead: 6:29am On Jan 03, 2016
I'm actually a lover of horror movies and planned writing one.. But i must say that Goodheart is one hell of a Good writer.. Nice one..
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by joviegghead: 6:29am On Jan 03, 2016
I'm actually a lover of horror movies and planned writing one.. But i must say that Goodheart is one hell of a Good writer.. Nice one.. #Respect
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Rukkydelta(f): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nice story
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by Skimpledawg(m): 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
Slimzjoe:
Skimpledawg this Horror Story Dhope sha shocked
Wia d link to d explicit content dey? undecided
Re: Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) by elprokez(m): 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
Dr.Goodheart...
A job well done so far...
The suspense is thickening... "Turning the front cover, it was titled 'Necronomicon'." That caught me attention...
"...walked back into the house without noticing the slitted eyes staring at her from the shadows in the distance."
I can't wait to read the next update!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Restless...story Of A Survivor. / Nairaland Detection Club / Online Publishing/Blogging Course And Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.